Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 14, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG THEY ARE CRAZY!!!!

Masaki NOOOOOOOOO

OMG dat cliffhanger
May 14, 2016 3:54 PM

Jun 2011
Everyone in the entire show is reaching insane levels of stupidity.
I feel like the only characters I can give a shit for is Mitsumunae and Masaki.
May 14, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2014
Beyond stupid. How dumb are these people? "SHE HAS TO BE THE GHOST LETS KILL HER". These controlling delusional shit heads can't find someone to blame so they just pin it on her.

Also I think she's a villager
May 14, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2015
Still filled with problems, but its weird not being able to laugh at any of the problems. Its finally taking on the roll of serious, yet its keeping its ridiculous and over the top story. Pretty good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 14, 2016 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
These people really are scum and stupid, I just want to punch them in the face with the exception of a few.
Also Mitsumune's past really was fucked up. How can people allow the mother to do that to her son to help deal with her loss. Get her help.
Also fuck that cliffhanger.

May 14, 2016 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
They are just losers with the past as the oppressed. I was curious about what would Masaki tell them.
May 14, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2015
I can barely bear watching this. that was the worst episode so far
the characters and the storyline are so shallow. I like observing the crowd's reaction but there are ALWAYS lots of other characters' pointless lines yet Masaki can't say a word when it's so important. and they always finish the episode with a cliffhanger but the next episode turns out to be even worse lol well done
May 14, 2016 5:08 PM

Feb 2016
Interesting that Mitsumune was punched by his penguin, but none of the rest were hurt by their monsters. Or did he imagine that?

Also, really liking that intense song that was at the end of ep5 as well. Kinda reminds me of the epic-unexpected-but-totally-expected-plottwist-uh-i-am-secretly-a-boss-battle-that-you-are-going-to-lose-for-story-reasons tracks from the 'tales of' games.
May 14, 2016 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
All those fackin kids are pissing me off. Kill them all!!!
May 14, 2016 5:35 PM

Dec 2010
i still don't understand why they just let lovepon do whatever she wants.
i don't understand why they pinned down the MC instead of the guy with the knife.
i don't understand why they think she's a ghost.
i don't understand how they just completely forgot about the 3 missing characters.
i don't understand why they went to find a "ghost" with rope, salt, and stakes.

this might be the best episode though. i didn't facepalm until the last 5 minutes.
May 14, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2014
You've got to remember these people are fucking stupid and crazy. Not stupid and crazy people wouldn't go on a bus tour to an urban legend, abandoned village.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 14, 2016 5:57 PM

Jul 2015
2/5

Not enough execute.

May 14, 2016 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
As much of a wreak this show is at times and whether you like it or not, you gotta admit this show is entertaining as fuck.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 14, 2016 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
That's fucked up, the mom's favorite twin dies because he's a retard, and then you make a little kid act as another person in front of his crazy mother. What the hell man, that got me mad. No wonder he left, Mitsumune's basically "dead" in his world.

Speedstar really wants to kill that girl, huh. I do believe she's got something to do with all this (hopefully that's what she's revealing next episode), but by now it should be obvious Masaki isn't a ghost. Fucking crazy people, man.
May 14, 2016 6:45 PM

Dec 2015
I just want to say that I hate all characters in this anime... or I hate the person who made this nonsense script.

ffs...

1/5 episode.
May 14, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
Speedstar seriously disappointed me. I liked that guy up until this episode where he pretty much became obsessed with Mitsumune and lost all sense of sanity.

I can technically say the same thing with the rest of the group since they are seriously willing to "take out" Masaki with barely any proof of anything. The heck?

Nanko and Lion though. haha Those two are the real MVP.

I just hate how each time Masaki is going to say something, she keeps getting interrupted. I can't wait till next episode to find out what happens.

This anime is still very exciting for me and I am anticipating every episode. It's not horror, but more psychological mystery. I love it.
May 14, 2016 7:38 PM

Oct 2009
i have this weird feeling that Hayato -Speedstar- is actually gay XD
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

May 14, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2014
ok so i assume that misaki is actually tokimune who is a ghost, dressing up as a women to come to this mysterious village for having sex with mitsumune.
May 14, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
What the hell is wrong with them? Is it XV century? Burning ghost?Killing ghosts with knives? How retarded they can be? I know they are scared etc but this is too much...
It seems that they are Ok when Lovepon is taking care of the situation? ffs guys she is sick.
I feel really bad for Masaki :/ But i still wonder how she passed through the penguin? Maybe because he isn't her fear?And she can only see it but she doesn't actually believe it.
Poor Mitsumune :/ Being called almost all of your life by a name that doesn't belong to you...
And now he is the only one who believes Masaki.
That ending!!! I was so happy to finally know her secret and them "bam" next episode...
I need episode 8 now xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 14, 2016 8:55 PM

Dec 2009
MegaShadowFist said:
kurapikasass said:

If you actually watched the video subbed for once, you would know that his mother wasn't very nice and completely erased his existence with his brother's so she could cope, making him realize that she never cared about him at all and it was always his brother that was favored. What's the point of watching anime if you don't even know what's going on half the time? Is it really worth being the first person to post for e v e r y s i n g l e a n i m e if you don't ever actually enjoy the experience?

That's something that I think you would be able to grasp even without subs. There were enough visual cues to know what's going on, I think. On another note, his statement could have just as easily been sarcasm.

I don't want to derail this thread with a pointless argument, but I will just say this. 1) People enjoy mediums differently, so I don't think it's fair to assert your definition of enjoyment as the "proper" way. 2) The only way to get good at understanding what's going on without subs is to simply watch them without subs. Even if you don't understand what's going on 50% of the time, you will eventually get better. You can't just wait until you're 100% and then start watching things raw because...that's impossible. A bit of a catch 22. That's why so many Japanese learners (or language learners in general) never get very good at it.

Anyway, apologies for slightly derailing the thread. I just found that attack to be somewhat unfair. Especially since others used it as an opportunity to "jump" him (although, I'd hardly call simply saying "agreed" "jumping"...). But I've made my case, so I won't derail it any further.

---

Anyway, back on topic. I think that I'm actually understanding Mistumune for once. He seemed so annoying, but now that I know just why he is the way that he is, I can appreciate him a bit more. I'm glad that I was able to see his backstory. Hayato is getting more annoying though. Someone needs to put him in his place. Just like Lovepon. Having a messed up past doesn't give you an excuse to just treat people any way that you want.

No one jumped on Stark, so let's clear that up right now, there were just people agreeing with Kurapikasass. What Kurapikasass did was point out how ridiculous it is that Stark has to post first for nearly every single episode discussion thread while clearly not understanding the episode due to watching it raw (Just to be first).

Kurapikasass never derailed the topic but literally pointed out how saying Mitsumune's mom was nice completely went against what was actually portrayed in the episode. I feel like you jumped in for the wrong reasons, god forbid someone point out Stark's bullshit for once. Anyway I'm done derailing the thread myself now :p
May 14, 2016 9:06 PM
May 2016
great episode, this was by far the most enjoyable episode for me.
I think the reason why no one was stopping hayato from stabbing masaki is because of the bystander effect. looking forward to episode 8!
May 14, 2016 9:26 PM
Apr 2014
Plot Twist:

It was actually Mitsumune who died that day, not Tokimune.

Then, Tokimune started to think that he was Mitsumune, so everyone except for his mother started calling him by that name. His mother isn't the crazy one, he is.

He needs to remember who he really is if he wants to beat the monster.

I haven't read the manga or anything, so this is all just speculation on my part, but it makes sense right?

Edit:
What if everyone thinks that he really is Mitsumune, while his mother is the only one who realizes that he actually is Tokimune!?

Mind = blown.
TheToadMay 14, 2016 9:47 PM
May 14, 2016 10:08 PM

Nov 2015
In my opinion, the content of the episode was nice, MC backstory, some character development... but the episode itself was a giant mess

Like trying to make the Mona Lisa with a Paintball gun!!! It was like the producers noticed that they had 6 episodes left, but material for 12 more episodes, so they started throwing us everything they had!!

Unlike the other 6 episodes, this one felt rushed and more fast paced than it should, losing some of its mystery charm, and the bombing of scene after scene made it hard to focus on the episode.

Anyways, about what happened this episode

- Mitsumune backstory was quite sad, and explained a lot about him
- Apparently Hayato is a Gay yandere
- Everyone is acting crazy!!
"Hey, stop that guy! He's trying to stab someone! Hey stop that guy! He's trying to stop him!"
- A well used cliffhanger imo
- The dectective girl has some screen time

Anyways, the chapter itself was nice, but all the stuff that happened could fit easily and better in 2 or 2 1/2 episodes... and probably I left some grammar mistakes, but its too late and I'm to tired to check this and fix it.

P.S.: Was I the only one that felt the lip syncing kinda odd for the first 5 minutes of the episode? Or was my internet connection?

black1blade said:
You've got to remember these people are fucking stupid and crazy. Not stupid and crazy people wouldn't go on a bus tour to an urban legend, abandoned village.

That's... actually a good point
ZukradMay 14, 2016 10:12 PM
May 14, 2016 11:54 PM
May 2016
HayatoxMitsumune. My yaoi heart is aching hereee..
I'm suprised that hayato is the possesive type and want to monopolize Mitsumune, but i love it
I want to know about hayato's past too, he must have issues which make him turn that way. Aaargghh I can't wait another week, this anime gets more interesting
May 15, 2016 1:23 AM

May 2014
Welp that felt pretty fast
The amount of twisted logic here is more cancerous than Big Order lol
May 15, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2016
how is it episode 7 and there are still 29 people left
May 15, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2015
That name shit was quite stupid but at least it was interesting.

The two angry gits are very annoying. ...well actually most of them are but this week them in particular

No real comments on the rest...this is one strange series, but if the producers are purposefully making the cunts look hateable and dangerous, then they are doing well. It may conclude to some kind of social commentary on mob psychology or something

Which doesn't make this good but at least gives it half depth
LanzMay 15, 2016 4:39 AM
May 15, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
ridley388 said:
I just want to say that I hate all characters in this anime... or I hate the person who made this nonsense script.

ffs...

1/5 episode.

What's stopping you from dropping this garbage anime?
May 15, 2016 5:45 AM

Mar 2016
FragOutFire said:
This is the show I look forward to every week, not Kabaneri or Hero Acadamia

Do you mean it ironically?
No seriously.
May 15, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2016
While Mistumune's backstory is sad and all, what does the penguin have to do with anything?
Also what's next, coelacanth?
No seriously.
May 15, 2016 5:58 AM

Jun 2009
Zukrad said:
black1blade said:

That's... actually a good point

No, it's really not that much of a good point.
Urban legends and abandoned places are a huge thing in Japan, and not only do several TV-shows broadcast specials on such places, especially young people also like to visit them for fun, for tests of bravery, or out of actual interest. Running away to such a place is kind of out there as a concept, but it wouldn't take completely socially dysfunctional people.

Above that, the level of social dysfunctionality and almost schizophrenic behaviour these characters display, makes it highly unlikely that they would have the capabilities to take part in a trip like this.

participant_no_5 said:
While Mistumune's backstory is sad and all, what does the penguin have to do with anything?
Also what's next, coelacanth?

Becauuuuuuuuse....the penguin was with his brother when he slipped and fell...so it's Mitsumune's fault because...he wanted the penguin and so...his mother...and...
Nope, I've got nothing...would have been more conclusive if he saw an aparition of his mother or his brother trying to eat him or something
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 15, 2016 6:05 AM

Dec 2012
TheToad said:
Plot Twist:

Then, Tokimune started to think that he was Mitsumune, so everyone except for his mother started calling him by that name. His mother isn't the crazy one, he is.

I haven't read the manga or anything, so this is all just speculation on my part, but it makes sense right?

Edit:
What if everyone thinks that he really is Mitsumune, while his mother is the only one who realizes that he actually is Tokimune!?

Mind = blown.

That would be awesome!

If Mitsumune was the real one, how difficult it would be to beat the monster, if defeating it would give him exactly what he wanted.
May 15, 2016 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
this episode is quite interesting... like it
so... Mitsumene has a twin brother... interesting...
when Tokimune died, his mom thinks that Mitsumune is Tokimune...
---
so.. how to beat those monster??
i laugh so hard when they preparing equipment for killing a "ghost"
Hayato is Yandere... and Gay...
Valkana is weird too in the last scene...
wonder what happen next episode...
May 15, 2016 6:24 AM
Apr 2014
It makes sense.

Mitsumune falls off the roof and dies.

Tokimune, blaming himself, starts to act like (and convinces himself that he is) Mitsumune.

Their mom, the only person who was around when it happened, knows that Tokimune is alive and Mitsumune is dead. However everyone else thinks that she is crazy.
May 15, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 2016
So Nanko is the best, I still keep my theory that she's transgender.
Gawd people are so clueless.
Hayato please boi you're just pissed because Masaki stole the D that you wanted so badly and everybody is noticing that, GGG (Get a Grip Gurll
There are so many characters that are doing nothing, Soy Latte, Puuko, Toshi Boy, I hope there's a killing festival soon so these characters finally just go.
Also is just me that fell like Maimai is up to something, yeah? Ok.
May 15, 2016 6:36 AM
Mar 2016
zellami said:
TheToad said:
Plot Twist:

Edit:

Mind = blown.

That would be awesome!

If Mitsumune was the real one, how difficult it would be to beat the monster, if defeating it would give him exactly what he wanted.

It would make a lot of sense, I also had this idea when watching the episode, and I noticed while thinking about this idea that the penguin being the monster doesn't really make sense, I mean it's Mitsumune's toy not Tokimune's, so the space capitan would be a more plausible monster, as it would be a reminder that Tokimune is dead, but the penguin say more a thing like Mitsumune is dead. (I think it ended up sounding confusing, but maybe it's undertendable)
May 15, 2016 7:06 AM

Dec 2015
Z4k said:

What's stopping you from dropping this garbage anime?

I don't know... masochism, or the hope to see a good episode :(

Even being so bad I want to see what happens to the characters. It's like when you see a really ugly person and you can't stop staring at him for some reason, only because he's ugly.
May 15, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
Witch hunt ftw, the stupidity continues. Overall a hilarious and enjoyable episode as always.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 15, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
MegaShadowFist said:

That's something that I think you would be able to grasp even without subs. There were enough visual cues to know what's going on, I think. On another note, his statement could have just as easily been sarcasm.

I don't want to derail this thread with a pointless argument, but I will just say this. 1) People enjoy mediums differently, so I don't think it's fair to assert your definition of enjoyment as the "proper" way. 2) The only way to get good at understanding what's going on without subs is to simply watch them without subs. Even if you don't understand what's going on 50% of the time, you will eventually get better. You can't just wait until you're 100% and then start watching things raw because...that's impossible. A bit of a catch 22. That's why so many Japanese learners (or language learners in general) never get very good at it.

Anyway, apologies for slightly derailing the thread. I just found that attack to be somewhat unfair. Especially since others used it as an opportunity to "jump" him (although, I'd hardly call simply saying "agreed" "jumping"...). But I've made my case, so I won't derail it any further.

---

Anyway, back on topic. I think that I'm actually understanding Mistumune for once. He seemed so annoying, but now that I know just why he is the way that he is, I can appreciate him a bit more. I'm glad that I was able to see his backstory. Hayato is getting more annoying though. Someone needs to put him in his place. Just like Lovepon. Having a messed up past doesn't give you an excuse to just treat people any way that you want.

No one jumped on Stark, so let's clear that up right now, there were just people agreeing with Kurapikasass. What Kurapikasass did was point out how ridiculous it is that Stark has to post first for nearly every single episode discussion thread while clearly not understanding the episode due to watching it raw (Just to be first).

Kurapikasass never derailed the topic but literally pointed out how saying Mitsumune's mom was nice completely went against what was actually portrayed in the episode. I feel like you jumped in for the wrong reasons, god forbid someone point out Stark's bullshit for once. Anyway I'm done derailing the thread myself now :p

Ok, just to clarify a couple things, I myself said that I'd hardly call it jumping. :P And I know that he/she didn't really derail the thread. I, however, was by replying to it and adding my own opinion into the mix. But yeah, I do agree that I jumped into things for the wrong reasons. So I'll accept that it was my mistake.
May 15, 2016 7:52 AM
Dec 2014
This show is still my favorite comedy of the season, I think.
May 15, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2015
I find it surprising that Mitsumune having a twin came as a surprise to anyone. I mean, during the first or second episode we had a flashback where his mother hugged an identical twin instead of him. As if this didn't raise enough flags, Speedstar commenting on his name and him falling head over heels for some chick who simply said his name was cool should've made it even clearer.

Wasn't 100% sure about him pretending to be his brother, though, but now it is confirmed. Also, the plush toy belonged to Mitsumune, not Tokimune, as I guessed wrong in the previous thread.
uh oh!
May 15, 2016 8:22 AM

Apr 2014
Here I thought lovepon was the only crazy one, but the have all lost it. You gotta love endings like that, *opens mouth-roll credits..
---------My Profile------------
May 15, 2016 8:44 AM

Sep 2009
Hayato being yandere confirmed :'D
I fucking called that shit!
No matter what people say about this anime I really enjoy it hahaha

May 15, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
F*** THAT CLIFFHANGER.

May 15, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2007
I think that all she wanted to say is that they are all dead.
She's the only one alive, like a guide.
And the village is some sort of a purgatory, where you will face your fears and deepest evil intentions and based on the outcome - either go through the tunnel into the light or will be devoured aka go to hell.
Dunno, just my speculations.
May 15, 2016 9:53 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Not too bad of an episode. But the characters are dumb af. Everyone should die except for Masaki and Mitsumune. Also cliffhanger!!

3/5
May 15, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Oh, how funny it would be if it turned out that Hayato is cannonically obsessed with Mitsumune beyond the friendship way.
What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses the one he loves?
May 15, 2016 11:41 AM
Nov 2013
If last week's silicon monster didn't already prove to be hilarious enough, this episode was pretty amusing. Anger-management issues first tried to stop Hayato and then stopped Mistu from stopping Hayato was just bizzarely funny. Hayato is still my favourite character.
May 15, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2012
Muuna said:
zellami said:

That would be awesome!

It would make a lot of sense, I also had this idea when watching the episode, and I noticed while thinking about this idea that the penguin being the monster doesn't really make sense, I mean it's Mitsumune's toy not Tokimune's, so the space capitan would be a more plausible monster, as it would be a reminder that Tokimune is dead, but the penguin say more a thing like Mitsumune is dead. (I think it ended up sounding confusing, but maybe it's undertendable)

,@ TheToad

Also, why is it it Mitsumune (if he is the real one) sees the fence from first person point of view if it was Tokimune who climbed the fence and perished. Either Mitsumune is Tokimune or the two kids climbed the fence.
I really thought the mom liked more the obedient child at first, moreover their names are somewhat related - Mitsuko and Mitsumune. The "unruly" behavior in children is often related to attracting attention and Tokimune wouldn't "sorry" and cry his eyes out while unconscious if he doesn't feel guilt and/or self-pity. Bottling this down for years, might be indeed next to "explosion".

Anyway, true or not, it's a darker route and I indeed liked theToad's idea.
May 15, 2016 1:03 PM

Oct 2015
At least this episode was better than the previous one.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.