Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The black-haired guy is so mysterious!

So Oz and Alice are joining Pandora now. Interesting.

Alice regained one of her memories of her smiling with stuffed animals it seems.

I'm really curious as to how Alice was thrown into the Abyss in the first place.
Nov 14, 2016 4:44 AM

Jan 2016
This was definitely plotted by someone...
The author
Aug 4, 2017 6:04 AM

Sep 2014
A lot of questions and not much being answered in the first volume, but I like that a lot. The art's nice, but a little confusing due to the not-so-great scans I'm currently reading.

A few general predictions, that are probably hilariously wrong:

The members of Pandora, or at the very least Break, still have ulterior motives they're not sharing. Ones that aren't very good for Oz. Break's entire design and character screams villain.

There's something fucky related to time or something going on here. Alice recognised him before they'd met, and it sounded like he'd abandoned her. The mysterious dude from this chapter whose face wasn't shown is maybe an older Oz.

Gil survived, which surprises me. He jumped in front of a member of Baskerville because he recognised them, and in those two early chapters they built up some animosity between Oz and his mysterious off-screen father. His father was at "work" the same night the Baskervilles appeared, during a super important ceremony involving his son. That seems really obvious though. Maybe if time travel does figure into the story, it was future Oz, ensuring the past happens the way it's meant to.

That dark haired dude putting his hat on Oz was weird. He seems powerful though.
CommanderParagonAug 4, 2017 6:07 AM
"It is not society that determines people's futures. It is people who determine society's future."

Dec 23, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2015
I uh.. still don't understand a thing, but I like the mystery.

So at least we know that Oz must've had met Alice way before (and probably the reason why she's in Abyss)

Dec 8, 2018 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
A very basic first volume, nothing notable. At least, I kind of liked the use of Wonderland (and Sherlock Holmes) vague references.

2/5

CommanderParagon said:
The art's nice, but a little confusing due to the not-so-great scans I'm currently reading.

I read this volume while holding it in my hands and I can say that it's not entirely the scans's problem. The layout of a page or simply the composition of a shot can be at time far from ideal.
May 4, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2015
this uh, this was pretty bad. don't think i'll be reading past the first volume.
Sep 12, 2021 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
Pretty refreshing. I'm genuinly interested in all the mystery and secrets getting solved, so I will look forward reading the rest.

### Characters:

- Sharon Rainsworth
- Xerxes Break
- Emily
- Baskerville Race
- Pandora Organisation
- Unknown Guy, probably Gilbert, his name still not fallen yet

### Summary:

- Oz wakes up in Rainsworth's House. The man helping him reminds him of Gilbert.
- Xerxes pushes Oz into real trouble making Alice come out to protect her vessel.
- Alice states, that she is looking for her memories, that have been lost since she woke up in the Abyss besides her name.
- After touching the pocket watch Oz has another Dream seeing a mysterious man telling him, that searching for her memories will also answer his questions.
- Xerxes states that he, Sharon and X are working for Pandora to find out more about the Baskerville Race.
- Pandora wants to know about every path and happening from the Abyss.

### Questions:

- What is Baskervilles intent?
- Who was the man in Oz' Dream?
- Who is the third person among Sharon and Xerxes?
- What is Rainsworth's intent?
- What is Pandora's intent with all their information?

Mar 6, 2022 7:50 PM

Feb 2021
I have like a million questions about what's happening rn
Apr 16, 2022 9:41 AM
May 2020
glad no one died from this. now this story gonna be a scooby doo type thing by finding mysteries to alice's memories
Apr 20, 2023 9:17 AM
Sep 2019
Kinda disappointed Alice didn't possess his body any longer. Although Oz was still himself, it would've been funny to see Alice mess around, when everyone'd think it's Oz. 

So, Gilbert's alive? That's good, but he seems older. Why do I have a feeling that the young Gilbert actually died? Maybe this Gilbert is from the future, or, like a parallel future, where he didn't die or something. Apart from the age difference, there just seems something very lonely about him. Perhaps in that other future, Oz died and Gilbert blames himself?

Also, where did the hat go? Gilbert gave him a hat on the balcony, he had it on for one panel, and in the next panel it was gone. Did the mangaka forget to draw it or what?

Theories:
- Alice is Oz's sister or other relative 
- the man behind the curtain in that dream is Gilbert
TimeFliesAwayApr 20, 2023 9:22 AM

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.