Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 13, 2016 6:55 AM
Oct 2012
I wonder if there's anyone who wants to study about Kabane.

They need to know more about them, like how to fight them effectively because killing every single one of them using steam guns(or whatever the name is) and two Kabeneris(or more?) is going to take forever.
May 13, 2016 6:58 AM

Apr 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
You need that kind of bigger threat, it tends to get real boring just watching them mow down cannon fodder.

Well the Wazatori still are some threat. One just beat down Mumei in this episode after all.
May 13, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
menscythe said:
I wonder if there's anyone who wants to study about Kabane.

They need to know more about them, like how to fight them effectively because killing every single one of them using steam guns(or whatever the name is) and two Kabeneris(or more?) is going to take forever.

Your best bet for that is like Kongokaku. Ikoma did say that was the center for Kabane research

Mar 2016
Xion69 said:
Some people say garage about this anime but the fact is there is nothing better airing this season.

Also it has higher production quality compare any other anime in 2016.

RE Zero and Sakamoto are better than this .Fricking Netoge is better .

Apr 2008
TheDeadApostle said:
Xion69 said:
Some people say garage about this anime but the fact is there is nothing better airing this season.

Hahahahah hell no
May 13, 2016 7:01 AM

Oct 2014
Xion69 said:

Lol for you there's nothing better. Sucks to be you.

>Production quality
>What is JoJo?
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 13, 2016 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
Darklight0303 said:
TheDeadApostle said:

Hahahahah hell no

Hell yeah .

Netoge can at least incite some laughs and cringe due to embarrassing situations .It doesn't try to make me doze off every five minutes .
May 13, 2016 7:02 AM
Nov 2014
It feels like the story isn't progressing
May 13, 2016 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
TheDeadApostle said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hahahahah hell no

Hell yeah .

Netoge can at least incite some laughs and cringe due to embarrassing situations .It doesn't try to make me doze off every five minutes .

Don't bother. Taste differences are hardly reconcilable.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 13, 2016 7:15 AM

Apr 2008
Fattati said:

How so? We learn more about Mumei and her 'Brother' aka young master. As well as the fact that the Shogunate is acting suspiciously by stockpiling weapons that can kill people not Kabane.
May 13, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Fattati said:

How so? We learn more about Mumei and her 'Brother' aka young master. As well as the fact that the Shogunate is acting suspiciously by stockpiling weapons that can kill people not Kabane.

But, from the start of ep 1 all they've done is run away from the kabanes.
May 13, 2016 7:21 AM
Jul 2007
This would have been better as a double episode. That was like the worst cliffhanger possible. They get stuck under rubble and a huge princess mononoke titan demon is about to come after the train. People are left with the impression that the black smoke is random as heck when the episode ends like that, and it seems like the Black Smoke is a very new entity no one has seen before. And I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the combat-skilled zombies. Kind of took out the Walking Dead survival element and made it lean more towards Resident Evil with the smarter zombies. The zombies amassing into a huge titan is really unrealistic to me and makes this series a bit supernatural in a bad way. They need to explain how the zombies are remembering combat skills or how they can combine into the black smoke or this is just stupid.
eraltergMay 13, 2016 7:30 AM
May 13, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
Fattati said:
Darklight0303 said:

And what do you expect them to do with a small group like theirs? Can a pebble put a dent in an ocean? You saw how many of those things there were. Running away is the only option.
May 13, 2016 7:23 AM

Apr 2008
FononZero said:
notzky said:
Mumei was a bitch this episode. Ruined the whole plan and got them into this "BIG" mess. Hopefully next episode will be better.
On_the_Lam said:

How was the dog scene cringeworthy? It simply shows how differently Mumei thinks from other people.

More specifically I think it is showing self projection, like KoreaWS said... Ever since the meeting with "Snake", we understand that Mumei is afraid of not being wanted by anyone. She's already not accepted by humans, and the only person who accepts her (Mumei's brother), will likely cast her aside once she's no longer useful. So she's simply comparing this dog's misfortune to her own.

But yeah, not really a problem with the writing, pretty easy to understand.

Ikoma is likely going to become a true brother figure to her and then she'll start to drift off from the young master since even if he throws her away, Ikoma and his group wouldn't.
May 13, 2016 7:30 AM

Oct 2014
fucking tension this episode but overall it's good
May 13, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Fattati said:

And what do you expect them to do with a small group like theirs? Can a pebble put a dent in an ocean? You saw how many of those things there were. Running away is the only option.

I think that's sort of his point .It makes perfect sense how all they've done so far is run away but it doesn't change how we haven't seen much else happen .In the end tho ,it's a personal gripe .Not really a point against the series .

Darklight0303 said:
FononZero said:

More specifically I think it is showing self projection, like KoreaWS said... Ever since the meeting with "Snake", we understand that Mumei is afraid of not being wanted by anyone. She's already not accepted by humans, and the only person who accepts her (Mumei's brother), will likely cast her aside once she's no longer useful. So she's simply comparing this dog's misfortune to her own.

But yeah, not really a problem with the writing, pretty easy to understand.

Ikoma is likely going to become a true brother figure to her and then she'll start to drift off from the young master since even if he throws her away, Ikoma and his group wouldn't.

Yeah I think that's what's going to happen too .
May 13, 2016 7:47 AM
Jul 2012
Fuck Mumei.
Why are these characters so dumb like really how did they survive this long?
May 13, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2008
anilandrot said:
Fuck Mumei.
Why are these characters so dumb like really how did they survive this long?

So you seriously watched this episode with your eyes closed huh?
May 13, 2016 8:28 AM

Jul 2012
superzombie23 said:
This would have been better as a double episode. That was like the worst cliffhanger possible. They get stuck under rubble and a huge princess mononoke titan demon is about to come after the train. People are left with the impression that the black smoke is random as heck when the episode ends like that, and it seems like the Black Smoke is a very new entity no one has seen before. And I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the combat-skilled zombies. Kind of took out the Walking Dead survival element and made it lean more towards Resident Evil with the smarter zombies. The zombies amassing into a huge titan is really unrealistic to me and makes this series a bit supernatural in a bad way. They need to explain how the zombies are remembering combat skills or how they can combine into the black smoke or this is just stupid.
I understand how you feel and I hope they do give us some concrete information on what the Kabane are capable of relatively soon. I bet they will when the characters finally get to Kongokaku (since it's at the forefront of Kabane research), but until then it's probably best to just try to take things as they are and enjoy the action.
May 13, 2016 8:56 AM

Jul 2012
Elegade said:
Phoebe3315 said:
UM... In episode one he was pretty enthusiastic when he took down his first Kabane, wasn't he? And in the beginning of episode 2 he was pretty enthusiastic he didn't turn into a Kabane, wasn't he? Maybe you should watch those parts again.

Yes, Yes I know. But my whole point is that he sounds enthusiastic for no reason now. He's not taking down a Kabane, he's not doing anything that useful, but yet he sounds like he's had 12 red bulls in the past hour.
I have to disagree... To me, during the first half of the episode, he sounds more happy and relaxed but not overly enthusiastic or hyper. The only time I thought it was very clear he was enthusiastic was when he was explaining his (well thought out) plan, which he does have reason to be enthusiastic about.
May 13, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
This anime would be so much better if Mumei wasn't in it, worst written character of this season I've seen so far, jesus. The show is good in itself but with an annoying smug overpowered character like Mumei it ruins it for me. Hell she even feel like the protagonist sometimes with how much it focus on her....
May 13, 2016 9:06 AM

Nov 2014
Well, at least it's better than the previous episode that had many questionable events; I just hope I won't see any train jumping off the rails and then landing perfectly on the rails again, because, fuck physics.

Glad to see that Ayame uselessness is still consistent at least.

And when you thought the stupidity of this fictitious world has ended, we learn that the Shogunate is stockpiling weapons for some inexplicable reason? What gains do you have in such a chaotic situation to be doing that, when humanity, or the Japanese population is already at the brink of extinction?
May 13, 2016 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
Kinda irritates me how Mumei seems to be jumping all over the place with her character and how people treat her, but more or less everything else was good. How did all the Kabane join together to form the "Black Smoke" AKA a titan (as that's basically what it is) though, as there's been no indication they can do that until now (so it just comes across as random)?
May 13, 2016 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
komasan said:
Every episode my irritation increases with Mumei... Can they hurry up and fix her problems
Did you really find her more annoying in episode 4 than in episode 3?
Don't worry, I'm quite sure she will learn from the mistakes she made this episode and be less annoying in the future. :)
May 13, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2014
I wish it would have 12 episodes. But I think it won't be possible.
Well, EGOIST and nothing else.
May 13, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
Tenth said:
This anime would be so much better if Mumei wasn't in it, worst written character of this season I've seen so far, jesus. The show is good in itself but with an annoying smug overpowered character like Mumei it ruins it for me. Hell she even feel like the protagonist sometimes with how much it focus on her....
I believe in an interview the director implied Mumei was originally going to be the main character.

It's a bit early to call her the "worst written character of this season"... With what we learn about her this episode, all of her behavior makes sense, and she WILL be more likable in future episodes.
May 13, 2016 9:36 AM
Nov 2015
Phoebe3315 said:
I believe in an interview the director implied Mumei was originally going to be the main character.

It's a bit early to call her the "worst written character of this season"... With what we learn about her this episode, all of her behavior makes sense, and she WILL be more likable in future episodes.

ahh so that's why
well, her fight scenes were bad-ass...which, when it happens on animes, at times really overshines the MC. Which was something I tend to avoid in series. But w/e, I'll binge-watch this after it's done.
May 13, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2014
Tenth said:

I disagree. She annoying and inmature but so far she's the best written one of the entire cast, as her actions are in concordance with her pesonality. You just hate her.

May 13, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 2015
Fappa said:
Mumei thinks rational and appropriate to the situation -> "she's a Kabane after all", I'm sorry what?

Aside from the people that get annoying as hell now, I liked the little hints toward a bigger plot and Mumei's backstory. Also I'm interested how this shadowy thing works.

Maybe it's a creature consisting of a huge amount of Kabane that melded together under strong heat?
if you watch the preview they're basically in the preview as these giant kabane
May 13, 2016 10:01 AM

May 2016
Vinyet said:
BlueBalls said:

I know this is a problem with writing in all of fiction really. All writers are adult and so when they write children they simply write small adults. In reality children are incapable and ignorant.

That's the writer of Ender's game trying to justify his usage of tropes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VagueAge

Yeah, I guess. But that doesn't mean it should stop bothering us. In fact, I've seen many anime that actually treat kids and teenagers as such. Mumei just seems like a very extreme case to me, especially since she happens to be the biggest badass in the series so far.

Well let's not forget that, based on the hints about her backstory, her life was quite tragic, and also she doesn't want to be abandoned by her brother that seens to see her as an useful object and will throw her away like trash the moment he becomes disappointed with her. That mean that she had to mature quickly. A forced growth, in other words, a fake growth. A normal 12 year old child would indeed not act like that, but her past made her quite the twisted children.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 13, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2011
Would you look at that.

a Titan Zombie

May 13, 2016 10:06 AM

Apr 2008
Valaskjalf said:
Would you look at that.

a Titan Zombie

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh another name to add to the list
May 13, 2016 10:22 AM

May 2016
KoreaWS said:
Tenth said:

I disagree. She annoying and inmature but so far she's the best written one of the entire cast, as her actions are in concordance with her pesonality. You just hate her.

Right. There's a thing people need to put in their minds:
Annoying =/= bad written
An annoying character is only bad written when her actions and behavior do not match her backstory.
But there's an perfect explanation for her whole personality.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 13, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Would you look at that.

a Titan Zombie

Man, you should really not take this jokes personally, they're ARE jokes after all.
May 13, 2016 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Valaskjalf said:
Would you look at that.

a Titan Zombie

Dude, no one cares about your block list.

May 13, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
Darklight0303 said:

Man, you should really not take this jokes personally, they're ARE jokes after all.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. These are not funny
May 13, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
KoreaWS said:
Darklight0303 said:

Dude, no one cares about your block list.

Oh no. Now he's going to add you in his list too.
May 13, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2014
@Darklight0303 why are you trying this hard to prove that the titan zombie isn't a titan?
May 13, 2016 10:38 AM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

And you still take them personal, instead of ignoring them as the lame jokes they are.

May 13, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
T'is a shadow titan! Such plagiarism, I can't even believe it.
May 13, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2008
paraze said:
@Darklight0303 why are you trying this hard to prove that the titan zombie isn't a titan?

Because I'm tired of people saying Kabaneri rips off AOT elements even though that argument is retarded by default since it's not like AOT patented any of those elements in the first place.

I'd love to be able to look at this thread and discus possibilities and theories for where things will go. Instead all I see is headless chickens going herpaderp a colossal titan now lol Kabaneri is such an AOT clone now.
May 13, 2016 10:44 AM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

for that i have to different answers:

1) "These are not funny, FOR ME", you should say, since comedy is extremely subjective. There's not definitive fun and not-fun just like there's not absolute right and wrong, and it all relates to that one godly word: OPINIONS.

2) Just because it's not funny doens't give you any right to judge or complain about it. You're not the boss here and there's no rules in this treat preventing people to write "bad" jokes, so really you should just leave them alone.
May 13, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2015
HyperL said:
Darklight0303 said:

1) "These are not funny, FOR ME", you should say, since comedy is extremely subjective. There's not definitive fun and not-fun just like there's not absolute right and wrong, and it all relates to that one godly word: OPINIONS.

2) Just because it's not funny doesn't give you any right to judge or complain about it. You're not the boss here and there's no rules in this treat preventing people to write "bad" jokes, so really you should just leave them alone.
Don't worry about him too much, he's attacking whoever complains or jokes about KnK. Also I agree with you that it is funny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
HyperL said:
Darklight0303 said:

2) Just because it's not funny doens't give you any right to judge or complain about it. You're not the boss here and there's no rules in this treat preventing people to write "bad" jokes, so really you should just leave them alone.

I have a better idea. Make a thread specifically for Attack on Titan Jokes and take that stupid stuff there. Leave discussion and theory crafting to the episode threads. There. Problem solved.
May 13, 2016 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
On_the_Lam said:
Darklight0303 said:

+1 name to add to the ignore list

It's hilarious how everyone is bashing on Mumei for losing control of her emotions and making mistakes and yet if she had just shrugged off the guy's comment and acted as always, the same people would accuse her of being too perfect.

You can't please everyone, unfortunately... I personally didn't like Mumei until this episode.

More hilarious is the fact that people are comparing the black smoke to a Titan, which absolutely makes no fucking sense, and also how they think the first half of the episode was slow, when the entire episode felt like 5 minutes. Ridiculous.
i forgot that people on MAL don't know the concept of a joke
May 13, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

I have a better idea. Make a thread specifically for Attack on Titan Jokes and take that stupid stuff there. Leave discussion and theory crafting to the episode threads. There. Problem solved.
Then I have a question for your theories if I am not on your ignore list already. Why did a knife pierce a steel floor?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
zal said:
Darklight0303 said:

Then I have a question for your theories if I am not on your ignore list already. Why did a knife pierce a steel floor?

Because pissed off Mumei that's why.

May 13, 2016 11:03 AM
Aug 2015
Axelucard said:
On_the_Lam said:

You can't please everyone, unfortunately... I personally didn't like Mumei until this episode.

More hilarious is the fact that people are comparing the black smoke to a Titan, which absolutely makes no fucking sense, and also how they think the first half of the episode was slow, when the entire episode felt like 5 minutes. Ridiculous.

Jokes are supposed to be funny, no?
May 13, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2015
KoreaWS said:
zal said:

Because pissed off Mumei that's why.
Well that is not really an explanation.

Why Ayame and Kurusu have become background characters during this episode? I don't mean they should've gone to battle but at least contribute somehow in the first half to the show. Ayame had just 2 useless lines and Kurusu a tsk to express his frustration, other than that background characters. Is that ok for you?

On_the_Lam said:
Axelucard said:

Jokes are supposed to be funny, no?
In fact it was funny.
May 13, 2016 11:07 AM

May 2016
Darklight0303 said:
HyperL said:

That would not live an hour since everyone is making the same remark: "look is a titan". A joke thread would be funny if people could keep making new jokes, but there's not much material to work with in the first place. Also, part of the entertainment people have comes exactly from the fact this jokes are being made in a "serious" thread.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.