Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 19, 2010 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
2many_animes said:
This show is about rape .____. Basically everyone wants to rape the guy who looks like a girl... and it's screwing with my brain D: and how is this not classified as hentai? >.> did you SEE the preview for episode #3? XD the scary-ass dude with the awful fashion taste is going to rape the girly-man and I don't really care

Zaky-Zura said:
This is a hentai in disguise. Everyone wants to screw Hiroshi and that's a fact. o__o I swear to god, the fourth episode, if not the next one based on the preview, that has Hiroshi pressed up against Issei, blushing and protesting as he's BEING FONDLED will include a full length sex scene.

This discussion is turning into a nice direction. Everybody gets to rape Hiroshi. Would make an original story and no Higurashi copy.

Oh I hear you on that proselyt but likely something will interupt this.
noteDhero said:
maxime1007 said:
I swear that if nobody knew it comes from 07th expantion and it wouldn't have the sumarry made to make the anime look like Higurashi, a lot less of people would call this a higurashi copy.

Wrong. People who went into this blind (like me) felt Higurashi vibes. But that really doesn't even matter, since everyone pretty much agrees that what has aired so far is generic.
Fell in the same way as you except I was not foolish enough to think it was going to be like that with only 12 episodes.....they need a second season or 24 episodes of this. They say environment takes time to set in and now it might be a rushed one.
maxime1007 said:
whobody said:
It's unbelievably uninteresting so far. Hopefully it will get ridiculously funny like Umineko, at least.

Higurashi wasn't interesting at his second episode X).
No but it was gripping and Higurashi also was not done in 12 episodes but got it's time to develop this does not look it might fully have that time unless a second season to conclude or open ending might happen.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 19, 2010 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
they need a second season or 24 episodes of this. They say environment takes time to set in and now it might be a rushed one.
Now that, is way too early to say. As it looks now, it'd get annoying if it continued for more than 12 episodes.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 19, 2010 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
they need a second season or 24 episodes of this. They say environment takes time to set in and now it might be a rushed one.
Now that, is way too early to say. As it looks now, it'd get annoying if it continued for more than 12 episodes.

I kind of agree with francis here...shows that do well with atmosphere normally get it right instantly if it's a 12 episode show. Right now, it feels like it's banking on a particular moment to get the atmosphere started. It seems as though they're making a gamble, trying to hook people in with the lousy archetypes on that basis alone, and then turn everything around with something "crazy unexpected."

A lot of these relationships just don't feel genuine enough to really do anything shocking though. Unless his sister or dad turns into a werewolf or something.
Jan 19, 2010 8:02 AM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
I kind of agree with francis here...shows that do well with atmosphere normally get it right instantly if it's a 12 episode show. Right now, it feels like it's banking on a particular moment to get the atmosphere started. It seems as though they're making a gamble, trying to hook people in with the lousy archetypes on that basis alone, and then turn everything around with something "crazy unexpected."

A lot of these relationships just don't feel genuine enough to really do anything shocking though.
Though if they fail with that something, then another season of it would be unbearable.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 19, 2010 8:03 AM
Jan 19, 2010 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
As far as I remember Umineko was said to be 12 episode when the serie started aired and it finally ended up with 24 episode so maybe the same thing will happen there.
Jan 19, 2010 9:07 AM

Aug 2008
I don't really remember that. I always thought it was slated for 24, since all the question arcs had been out by then.
Jan 19, 2010 9:50 AM
Dec 2008
The little sister is so annoying that I want to skip every single scene she's in.

Well, this episode wasn't either bad or good, it was just boring, again. Yet for some reason, I don't want to drop it.
Jan 19, 2010 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
I honestly like Tsumuhana and the CGI...

And I think that there's something about Hiro that has to do with the plot... but I'm not sure.
:3
The similarities to Higurashi are pretty cool :B

... AND THE PREVIEWS, GOD. I love them. And the Isuzu / Hiro moments
Jan 19, 2010 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
Nothing special in this ep.
I lol'ed at ep 3 preview,Isuzu cocktease & Hiroshi gonna get raped by Issei!!!
Jan 19, 2010 5:09 PM
Dec 2008
anyways
why is this anime rated so low?
its not that bad actually...
Jan 19, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
kaena said:
anyways

Because so far it's nothing special either ^_^
Jan 19, 2010 5:13 PM

Jul 2008
kaena said:
anyways

Being a product made from 07th expantion's work it did bring a lot of higurashi and umineko fan who think that this show is really bad compared to it's two predecesor, it also bring people who are more selective and picky in their anime choice.

I think that the show is not bad at all as well but hey people gotta hate.
Jan 19, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2008
There really is no point in paying attention to this site's overall ratings. You can look at the top 25, and quickly see why. A lot of shows get spammed negatively and positively. I guess that explains the whining about the show being hated on though.
Jan 20, 2010 5:42 AM

Oct 2007
LOL but I still think 7.30 is pretty good and I have seen worse. Most of people who has already rated the show so low or too high, usually are the people that come to forum and said a line like this "I love this show." or "I hate this show."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 20, 2010 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, 7.30 isn't low at all. It's like a "B".
Jan 20, 2010 8:52 AM

Aug 2008
Well, then I'm stumped. I figured the show must have had a 5 or something. I don't understand the whining at all, then. Unless it's just fanboys who love the VN.
Jan 20, 2010 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
kaena said:
anyways

Well, because nowadays anime won't sell unless it's all about tits sucking or moe shit gals running around playing military or loli vampire or middle schoolers wearing stockings and strings or Yugi-Oh now available in your tests, you see?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 20, 2010 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
You forgot crybaby boys that look like girls who want to save the world.
Jan 20, 2010 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
Yea, that too, but thing is that can change for the better if those crybabies can grow some balls near the end of the show.... However, judging from recent anime, I wouldn't put my bet on it since I might go bankrupt by doing so...>_>

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 20, 2010 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm, I kinda liked it a bit, wondering who was the scythe girl o_O. Plus I'm still confused a bit...lol.

Great, Isuzu is the new Yuuki (from Vampire Knight) =_=
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2010 4:40 AM

Oct 2007
BitchMaster said:
Yugi-Oh now available in your tests, you see?
That would be interesting to see :D

noteDhero said:
You forgot crybaby boys that look like girls who want to save the world.
Who are you trying to refer that to?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 21, 2010 9:03 AM
Nov 2008
SunyiNyufi said:
Everyone is gay for Hiroshi!!

And during this scene:

I couldn't stop thinking: Ah Sony Bravia commercial goes wrong. I even heard José Gonzales singing Heartbeats in my head XD

Lol I was thinking the same :D when is saw all those balls going down the stairs:D. Other than that this show just feels gross. Lots of yaoi vibes, and they get even stronger with the character designes, the voice acting and the gay clothing (who the hell dresses that way *points at Issei, Hiroshi's father and the gay wite school uniforms*. It feels more like yaoi, trap, and hetero fanservice mix with some dark tones than an actual thriller. Hope it gets better though there aren't many serious animes worth being watched this season.
The story seems pretty obvious for me (townsfolk are wolves, if their natural instinct wins over them the wolf cult cuts them down), but the execution is boring as hell.
Jan 21, 2010 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:

Off the top of my head? 07-Ghost.
Jan 21, 2010 2:53 PM
Jan 23, 2010 8:34 AM

Mar 2009
noteDhero said:
Siva said:

I would've thought you were talking about Lag from Letter Bee LOL!

Not as good as the first ep, but decent. I would've like to hear all of Izuzu/Scythe Girl's conversation. <That chick's obviously the Scythe Girl. The pacing's a little slow imo, they need to pick it up. Urahara Out!!
Jan 23, 2010 8:41 AM

Jan 2009
MrHatandClogs said:
noteDhero said:
Siva said:

I would've thought you were talking about Lag from Letter Bee LOL!

Lag's trying to save the world? I thought he was trying to deliver letters (・3・ア
Jan 26, 2010 5:02 PM

Sep 2008
Good anime. Except it could have been done better in a lot of ways. Like if they didn't show how the classmate died in the previous ep for example. Would have been spookier that way.

Animations been good so far unlike Umineko where it burned me.
Jan 29, 2010 9:30 PM

Jun 2009
I don't understand why everyone is bashing this one either.
Everyone seems to think it is going to be something that it is not.
I really like that this one doesn't follow Higurashi that much.
That the characters are more curious and the hints are better
as long as it doesn't go back and forth I really don't mind.
This one loks cleaner too I think. Just my impression.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jan 29, 2010 11:40 PM

Jun 2009
Everyone is really creepy, good thing the ending was a start
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 30, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
Everyone seems to think it is going to be something that it is not.

I was only hoping it wouldn't suck. I can't believe people are actually defending crap like this. Dokuro-chan is less insulting to my intelligence :l
Feb 5, 2010 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
Haha whoever calls Isuzu annoying... try Yuka from 11 eyes!!!! Isuzu till now is not even 1% annoying compared to how hella annoying that Yuka was...
seems a pretty interesting story so far anywayz, i guess i'll keep watching for now.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Feb 5, 2010 2:03 PM

Jan 2009
JusticeUndone said:
Haha whoever calls Isuzu annoying... try Yuka from 11 eyes!!!! Isuzu till now is not even 1% annoying compared to how hella annoying that Yuka was...
Exactly what I was thinking xD Isuzu though is really annoying, then again, Yuka is the worst, and I really hope francis is reading this, Yuka is the worst. : D
Mar 2, 2010 11:48 PM
Dec 2008
no one's excited about the the roku sitting on panasports? it's even got the red interior. it's pretty much the fujiwara mobile. ima keep watching to see more of the 86 chassis...
Mar 10, 2010 7:43 AM

May 2008
So apparently, we're getting yaoi in the next episode.
I was wondering exactly what was causing their affection for the main character family, but apparently it's possession.

Still quite a mystery as to what exactly is going on.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 14, 2010 11:29 PM

Sep 2007
Not really what I was expecting from this anime. Lol.

Jul 17, 2010 2:22 AM

Apr 2009
cliff hanger again..uguu~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 9:11 AM

Oct 2008
Well, the second episode was confusing yet again.
Clingy girl is still be clingy and now her brother looks to be just as bad!

I want to know whats so amazing about Hiro, I mean, for a main character, he is so boring! Am I missing something....

Well, hopefully some answers in the next episode!
Sep 1, 2012 11:22 AM

May 2012
Interesting episode but this anime is getting a little strange oO
Jul 16, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
I don't like where this is going.. her bro is way creepy.
Jun 9, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was very boring. They even repeated the same sequence at the end, apparently Hiroshi is in danger according to the conversation between Nemuru and Isuzu. The mystery is still fine.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Samu-tan - Mar 25, 2010

126 by superwaha »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 25, 2010

97 by Atavistic »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 20, 2010

187 by removed-user »»
Jul 20, 2021 11:07 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 18, 2010

133 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Poll: » Ookami Kakushi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Mar 11, 2010

112 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 24, 2021 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.