Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Uh...Mayura and Benio has an awkward chemistry imo. I think she really wants to be Benio's fiend though.

This was my least favorite episode so far, felt more like more transition although it does develop connection between Mayura and Benio. Damn it, this episode made me hungry. Lol @ the ending.

May 11, 2016 3:10 AM

Mar 2016
*sigh* was really hoping we'd get a little more action with this new impurity but nope, it bit the dust too easily like all the rest....
it was even supposed to be foreshadowing for a conflict that will happen in future episodes but since it was handled like any other impurity, it just seems so insignificant, despite the small scene with Jissama at the end ^^;

and I also wish Pierrot would stop having Ryougo and the other 2 Seika dorm guys fight in Magano because that's just something that they can't do since we see them get rekt all the time; it's nice for people who want them to have more screentime but they shouldn't even be qualified to enter Magano in the first place...

I enjoyed the other parts in this episode that weren't about exorcism though.
LulupusMay 11, 2016 3:35 AM
May 11, 2016 4:30 AM

Jun 2015
"Tomorrow's the day!"
Oh, okay. I guess I'll just finish it tomorrow. Firefox better be dead by then.
May 11, 2016 4:34 AM

Jan 2012
Best girl Mayura and her big, beautiful tits made this better than last week at least. Next week is also filler right? 48 episode run length, here we come! XD
May 11, 2016 4:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Loved this anime original episode a lot more than last week....The anime is making it even harder for me to pick a best girl now xD

I stand by the statement that with every episode that has Mayura in it, said episode will always be great because the characterization was just really good

Seeing her and Benio's relationship develop and grow in this episode was a joy to see and I'm really liking how they're handling both characters...

The reveal about Mayura's family is kinda early but the biggest plot twist there is still in tact imo so hopefully anime only's will be pleasantly surprised when we jump that hurdle

Great episode overall imo, the Rokuro bits were great and going by the PV, we are getting more anime original content lol....Hopefully it'll be as good as this one was
TokoyaMay 11, 2016 4:47 AM
May 11, 2016 4:42 AM

Jan 2015
That Image of "delinquent" Benio surely worth waiting for. LOL
So it's like the Title said, fully about girls-bonding between Benio and Mayura. Or so I thought this whole episode will be. At least it still have some Kegare fight even it's just for a short duration. At least now Mayura knows that Benio is an exorcist like Rokuro.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 11, 2016 4:59 AM

Mar 2016
animefan8800 said:
Next week is also filler right?

Nope! Next week, it's gonna follow the manga (with some anime original stuff sprinkled here and there, knowing Pierrot)
May 11, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2012
Lulupus said:
animefan8800 said:
Next week is also filler right?

Nope! Next week, it's gonna follow the manga (with some anime original stuff sprinkled here and there, knowing Pierrot)

That trip with the chief exorcist dude was in the manga? Damnit, I swear I HAVE read it! XD
May 11, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:
The reveal about Mayura's family is kinda early but the biggest plot twist there is still in tact imo so hopefully anime only's will be pleasantly surprised when we jump that hurdle

I don't think there was a reveal about Mayura's family. She only talked about her grandpa being an exorcist and I think Rokuro mentioned some time ago that Mayura was Jissama's granddaughter...
May 11, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
Oh hey this episode wasn't that bad unlike last week.

Honestly it feels weird for a mangareader like me because I disliked Mayura when she was first introduced in the manga but here she comes off as a really likeable character and seeing her interactions with Benio was great. Even if the adaptation has its flaws it's nice to see they took the time to develop Benio and Mayura's relationship because I don't remember if they even interacted much later on in the manga.
May 11, 2016 5:48 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:

Honestly it feels weird for a mangareader like me because I disliked Mayura when she was first introduced in the manga but here she comes off as a really likeable character and seeing her interactions with Benio was great. Even if the adaptation has its flaws it's nice to see they took the time to develop Benio and Mayura's relationship because I don't remember if they even interacted much later on in the manga.

At the end of the episode though, Mayura got irritated and Benio was having second thoughts about becoming friends with Mayura so I'm hoping all this development doesn't go down the drain when they argue later...
May 11, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
Lulupus said:
Z4k said:

At the end of the episode though, Mayura got irritated and Benio was having second thoughts about becoming friends with Mayura so I'm hoping all this development doesn't go down the drain when they argue later...

I totally forgot about that. The argument started when she learned Rokuro was exorcising again but will that even happen in the anime? I mean Rokuro was wearing his exorcist outfit and Mayura didn't even say anything lol.
May 11, 2016 6:01 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
I totally forgot about that. The argument started when she learned Rokuro was exorcising again but will that even happen in the anime? I mean Rokuro was wearing his exorcist outfit and Mayura didn't even say anything lol.

I also thought it was odd that she didn't get upset about him being in uniform and that she was angrier at the fact that he and Benio are living together...but I dismissed it cuz they probably just wanted to end the episode on a romcom note and also since there was no time for explanations. The catfight probably will happen since Rokuro and Benio move into their new home next episode, although it's probably already too late for Mayura to scream "illicit sexual relations" since she already knows that they live together.
May 11, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2015
Feels like it's just being dragged a lot out of the original story.....They took out the important parts like Benio and Rokuro start to live together!! Lot of major romance chance lost with those freaks around.....When will Yuuto show up?? Or atleast the Basara Kamui.

Even though I like the animation, story is Bleh.....!! :D
May 11, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2014
AnimeCruiser said:
They took out the important parts like Benio and Rokuro start to live together!

They didn't. It's happening next episode.
May 11, 2016 6:43 AM

Oct 2008
Cute episode. The SoL parts are so much more fun than the fights... Kind of annoying that Rokuro has to wait until everyone's dying for him to use that arm. Looking forward to next episode.
May 11, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2015
Z4k said:
AnimeCruiser said:
They took out the important parts like Benio and Rokuro start to live together!

They didn't. It's happening next episode.

Oh...had forgotten to check the preview ....I hope it's what I think it is, thanks...
May 11, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2014
more anime originals.... sigh

3/5
May 11, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2014
MAYURA IS BECOMING MORE LIKABLE AS PER EPISODE
May 11, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2015
Mmmh well, it was better than last week
A kiss next episode !? :o
May 11, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
SOOOO....Does anyone know how those 3 omnjoji guys didnt die before Benio came to the dorm???They are beyond useless in every fight shown in the anime so far and they apparently fought against kegare ALONE and won all this time somehow?

Mayura-Benio relationship kinda felt forced(well Mayura forced it on Benio literally but thats not what i mean),it would help if Mayura said anything other than "i was worried" over and over again when Benio came back from that portal...But that didnt happen either...
May 11, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
Mayura's delusion were pretty funny, lol.
May 11, 2016 8:05 AM

Feb 2015
Man Perriot made a bad thing worse with all their filler/original BS. I am 110% with that damn fox.
May 11, 2016 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
man they are jumping around like crazy. Cutting out the fun stuff, and adding their own stupid filler. I am disappoint...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 11, 2016 9:53 AM

Sep 2013
Friendship :'(
Mayura pursues Benio and Benio warms up to her.

Rokuro goes on a mission and they beat the kagare.
Powerful Kagare are being made from humans? :O

LoneWizard said:
SOOOO....Does anyone know how those 3 omnjoji guys didnt die before Benio came to the dorm???They are beyond useless in every fight shown in the anime so far and they apparently fought against kegare ALONE and won all this time somehow?

More of an anime thing, they're not supposed to go to the magano all the time and the 3 guys usually purify houses and fight weak monsters in the manga.
The powerful kagare have only been appearing recently, so it still falls into place in the anime I guess.
May 11, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:

LoneWizard said:

More of an anime thing, they're not supposed to go to the magano all the time and the 3 guys usually purify houses and fight weak monsters in the manga.
The powerful kagare have only been appearing recently, so it still falls into place in the anime I guess.
Good...Because now it feels like those guys there only to increase the number of casualities and activate the "shounen manga friendship power"
May 11, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
So this is confirmed a 4 cour? If so, that's cool because I'm enjoying it, but this week's filler was kind of meh. At least Benio has a friend now lol
May 11, 2016 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Well this episode wasn't too bad I guess, we got to see Benio and Mayura build a better relationship with each other. Hopefully Mayura doesn't let jealousy take over after finding out that Benio and Rokuro are living together, or else the development between her and Benio will feel pointless. Interesting post-ED scene as well, I wonder what that was about.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 11, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
she thinks that Benio is hanging out with a bad crowd lol
May 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
Man, this shit is fucking boring. No way this is going to just be one season at this rate. But if it is, then how much can they afford to waste time on watering down an already bland manga?

Hopefully they stop tossing in situations in which the Job Squad gets bodied by swarms/minibosses. With action as weak as this, it isn't helping.
gedataMay 11, 2016 12:18 PM
May 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2015
Sad that the series going in very slow pace, content to filler to content to filler, a long~ journey. When are they going to show Mayura's op father?
May 11, 2016 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
another character development. i thought, maybe next episode will get serious, but i don't think so after i saw the PV. so the serious part will be after episode 7 i assume. the character development was okay imo. pretty enjoyable. the action was pretty good. pretty good episode.
May 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
all the episodes are the same with a few slight changes, at first I like this anime but its starting to get really repetitive.
May 11, 2016 1:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lulupus said:
Tokoya said:

I don't think there was a reveal about Mayura's family. She only talked about her grandpa being an exorcist and I think Rokuro mentioned some time ago that Mayura was Jissama's granddaughter...
Said character in the spoiler tags is whom I am referring to sir =P
May 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
I don't really care for the pacing of the anime anymore. Since the last episode really pissed me off and the cat familiar (anime-exclusive) pisses me off every time it talks.

What I enjoyed about this episode was Mayura's personality.
Her voice is also starting to wear on me now. Doesn't seem as awkward as I first thought.

This episode really reminds me how slow/awkward the manga chapters can be... sometimes i have to take a week or so to read 1 chapter because it bores me to death.

May 11, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
When this anime started airing and I watched the first episode it immedietly made me wanna read the manga.

The anime completely rapes the story and even changes the characters completely

I never thought I'd find something more disappointing than Tokyo Ghoul
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
Enjoyed Mayura and Benio's interactions this episode. But the ending got me curious, looking forward to finding out what that was all about with Zenkichi. I'll probably start reading the manga if it continues to be a lot of filler like many people are saying.

May 11, 2016 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Okay episode. I liked the parts with Mayura and Benio bonding (excluding the scenes of the fox, of course), but the fights against the Kegares are getting really boring. Basically consists in Ryougo and the other two losing against the monster of the week and Rokuro one-shotting the Kegare at the end. Underwhelming.

This new human-looking Kegare looked like something special judging by the words of the old man at the end, but he was defeated too easily.

On another unrelated note, I just have discover that the dude who does the manga is the same guy who did Binbougami ga!, and that took me totally for surprise.
I don't know if that it's an effect of Pierrot screwing things with their filler or anything like that, because while Binbougami wasn't a masterpiece, it was much more entertaining than Sousei no Onmyouji, and that's a bit letdown for the mangaka. Must be Pierrot's fault, because I heard that the manga of this series is actually decent...
May 11, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2014
K what even is the point of having the other 3 exorcists when you got fucking one punch man carrying them. Like seriously I haven't seen the other exorcists do jack shit, they almost die every episode and have to get bitch boy to save them every time. That's just boring and repetitive. And that's only one of the many issues this show has.

I feel like this is mostly Pierrot's fault though cause if the manga was actually like this, not a lot of people would have been reading it guaranteed.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
May 11, 2016 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
Mayura so sweet in trying to be Benio's friend. Lol the misunderstanding.
Rokuro having no trouble with that big Kegare.
Looks like Mayura found out that Rokuro & Benio are living under the same roof.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Apr 2014
Haaa, so it's anime original again -_-
That fox spirit thingy that they add is bad enough and now they having more anime original.
Is this anime going to be like Akame Ga Kill (last 4 episode)?
May 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
Tokoya said:
Said character in the spoiler tags is whom I am referring to sir =P

ah, I misunderstood
May 11, 2016 5:38 PM

Mar 2011
Nothing really happened, just another *filler* like episode. 2/5.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

May 11, 2016 6:04 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
With this much fillers, I'm expecting this series to be much more longer than 12 episodes.

3/5
May 11, 2016 7:52 PM

Nov 2015
I was pretty excited for this show but it has been meh at best. Seems like filler so far. Why do I keep reading people think its like 4 cour or something?
May 11, 2016 9:18 PM
Feb 2010
InuScotty711 said:
I was pretty excited for this show but it has been meh at best. Seems like filler so far. Why do I keep reading people think its like 4 cour or something?

Check this
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1501357
May 11, 2016 10:50 PM

Aug 2013
Another episode without importance for the development of the plot, this adaptation is not really making much sense in my humble opinion, and Mayura was really annoying in this anime, the whole scene with her makes me uncomfortable, I expect a better second half of this anime ..
May 11, 2016 11:23 PM

Apr 2014
>Filler

This wasn't a filler episode. There's a clear difference between anime original content that's related to the plot and one that is just there to stall for time.
May 11, 2016 11:42 PM

Nov 2015
Wierd ending...
I was really distracted throughout whole ep, maybe it's the show that's boring...
Benio gains a friend, it's time she socializes more.
Rokuro getting a step forward to fight his long time fear.
May 12, 2016 12:03 AM

Sep 2013
Benio Sama is adorable.
Best Girl.
End of Story.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.