Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 9, 2016 2:11 AM

Apr 2014
I'm sure there might be some people curious about Reinhardt and how strong he is so someone from /a/ translated a list of his blessings from this image.

Sword Saint: Swordsmanship maxes out, and become able to draw Raid, the Dragon Sword.
Arrow avoidance: he cannot be hit by projectiles. (this is why sword that Elsa threw went around him on its own)
Arrow guarantee: any projectile he uses is guaranteed to hit the target
Magic resistance: No curses, debuffs, or buffs can affect him
Fire avoidance: 80% reduction from fire damage
Wind absorption: 80% of wind magic is absorbed
Earth resistance: Earth magic have 80% reduced effect on him
Water reflection: 80% water magic is reflected
Darkness immunity: 80% of darkness magic is nullified
Light sharing: 80% light magic is shared to another target
Swiftness: He can move at superhuman speed. This affects mounts as well
Riding mastery: He can ride any animals
Initiative: He cannot be ambushed, and all initial attacks from Reinhardt connects
First attack immunity: The first time an attack is performed at Reinhardt, it always misses.
Preceding attack immunity: The second attack and all following attacks misses him
Rain blessing: He gains power in rain
Sun blessing: He gains power in sunny weather
Night's blessing: He gains power during night
Morning blessing: he gains power during morning
Mind reading: Vague understanding of what's on other people's mind
Item mastery: able to know how to use any item he holds
Unarmed mastery: Very strong even without any weapons
Blessing of War god: able to use any weapons masterfully
Blessing of Lake: Can walk on water
Blessing of Mist: Mist do not hinder his view
Blessing of Cloud: can walk on cloud
Blessing of lightning: Lightning will never strike him
Sodium knowledge: He will never get salt and sugar mixed up
Taste king: No matter how he cook, the food will come out delicious
Blessing of Frying, Steaming, Boiling = complete mastery of all the cooking methods
Clothes designing: Can design fabulous clothes that will surely start a fad
Master Teacher: His students become successful in learning
Training mastery: Can train not only his body, but also other people, to their maximum potential
Poison immunity: Immune to all poison
Illness immunity: Immune to all sickness and disease
Power bleeding: Bleeding actually makes him stronger
Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "continue?" once

It's hinted he has more but they couldn't fit it in one image.

Mod edit:
Added a spoiler warning to thread tittle.
AversaMay 9, 2016 11:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2016 2:16 AM

Jun 2015
Interesting read.

That's some crazy hax stats. Only Ajimu from Medaka Box would trump that.
May 9, 2016 2:45 AM

Mar 2008
Is he like, lvl15 D&D-wise?
May 9, 2016 2:49 AM

Apr 2015

okay, this was lol worthy.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 9, 2016 7:39 AM
Dec 2015
He is one of strongest character in this series, not strongest.
Remember that all villain in Re:Zero was Overpower as fuck!

So far, I think only one man that can match Reinhard

NotThisShitAgainMay 9, 2016 7:47 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

May 9, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
But can he possibly beat Madara Uchiha?
May 9, 2016 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
The author already confirmed that Reinhard is the strongest character in Re:Zero.

Q: 作中人物(故人含む)で最強は誰ですか?
Q: Who's the strongest character in the novel (including deceased)?

A: ラインハルト・ヴァン・アストレア
A: Reinhard Van Astrea
DarklordVorMay 9, 2016 8:22 AM

May 9, 2016 8:47 AM
Jul 2018

Blessing of Frying, Steaming, Boiling = complete mastery of all the cooking methods
Clothes designing: Can design fabulous clothes that will surely start a fad

....just....lmao.

But yeah, he is a cool character.
May 9, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2009
SASUGA ONII-SAMA
Jul 4, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Z4k said:

Rain blessing: He gains power in rain
Sun blessing: He gains power in sunny weather
Night's blessing: He gains power during night
Morning blessing: he gains power during morning

Phew, he has no blessing for cloudy weather or midday!
uh oh!
Jul 4, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2013
What you can expect of a guy who has the voice of Tatsuya Shiba?
Jul 4, 2016 11:27 AM
Apr 2015
Illyricus said:
What you can expect of a guy who has the voice of Tatsuya Shiba?
good point :\....
Jul 5, 2016 6:07 AM

Sep 2014
lol!
Reinhardt literally is one of the most OP charcters, but I love him :D

Also if he has mind read wouldnt that be a good way to understand subaru?
Reinhardt best bro
pls train Subaru
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
holy shit he's so OP
Jul 5, 2016 12:25 PM

Mar 2016
I should mention that that cloud-walking ability of his would be pretty useless if he can't fly as well...
Jul 5, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Judgment526 said:
I should mention that that cloud-walking ability of his would be pretty useless if he can't fly as well...

Maybe he can do super jumps. Reaching the sky.
Jul 5, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2013
My god. He's potentially one of the strongest anime characters.
Jul 5, 2016 2:06 PM
Mar 2014
Anyone knows where i can read it cause i need to know the story and the ep are taking too long ;)
Jul 9, 2016 12:50 AM
Jul 2016
iRels said:
Judgment526 said:

Maybe he can do super jumps. Reaching the sky.

That would explain how he came through Loot house roof, in episode 3.
Jul 9, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2018

Blessing of War god: able to use any weapons masterfully
Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "continue?" once

Basically a Tatsuya Shiba in terms of strenght/abilities, but unlike him, Reinhard has personality and charisma.

And he's also the perfect husbando, now he's my favorite Re:Zero charater.
Jul 10, 2016 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
Too many blessings, that is definitely not someone I wanna take on.
Jul 10, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2015
WHAT that takes Op to a Whole new level. Over Powered is one thing but those are literally GOD stats. The Witch is probably stronger than Reinheart though
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 10, 2016 12:58 PM

May 2016
Thank god he isn't the MC huh that be a whole new level of BORING.

Btw is there any proper justification to his OPness outside of "I AM BLESSED MUHAHAHAH"?.
Jul 10, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
GoldenKappa said:
Thank god he isn't the MC huh that be a whole new level of BORING.

Btw is there any proper justification to his OPness outside of "I AM BLESSED MUHAHAHAH"?.

Yeah, his family. They've been breeding monsters for generations.

Don't worry, for his power isn't cheap. Subaru won't have it. Like the majority of the cast of characters, it seems. Someone said that those blessings are something you've to be born with.
Jul 11, 2016 12:29 AM

Nov 2012
Reinhardt vs Saitama, where´s the fanbased battle?

My Candies:

Jul 11, 2016 3:25 AM

Mar 2010
knktzvra said:
Reinhardt vs Saitama, where´s the fanbased battle?

Saitama's is bigger, so him. :p
Jul 12, 2016 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Reinhard could die to suffocation. But by having the air around him being removed. Perhaps a wind element master would be capable of that. And this wind master would probably move faster. Reinhard then wouldn't reach him.

Reinhard's Arrow Guarantee shouldn't always work... Unless magic affects the object. Even a perfectly accurate shot could still be avoided.
Jul 12, 2016 7:10 PM

Jul 2014
well surely he is not invisible his OP as hell but i saw worst xD
after seeing how OP he is i want to see subaru beat him lolololol
Jul 12, 2016 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Devil_Slayer said:

Yeah, problem is that most of those 'worst' aren't given a good explanation to their power. We're just forced to accept it. It doesn't makes sense for Saitama to create shock waves, for example... right? He punches and creates shock waves that a meteorite would, when falling... But I think that the amount mass is important for that. His hand is too small, to have been capable of creating the same effect. Now imagine Saitama without those shock waves... Hah. He'd be so weak. Would've lost many times. There's also his super speed. I don't think that it'd be possible. He's no control over gravity. He'd be just throwing himself around. His feet aren't magnet. Unlike Raiden's in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
removed-userJul 12, 2016 7:33 PM
Jul 13, 2016 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
iRels said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Yeah, problem is that most of those 'worst' aren't given a good explanation to their power. We're just forced to accept it. It doesn't makes sense for Saitama to create shock waves, for example... right? He punches and creates shock waves that a meteorite would, when falling... But I think that the amount mass is important for that. His hand is too small, to have been capable of creating the same effect. Now imagine Saitama without those shock waves... Hah. He'd be so weak. Would've lost many times. There's also his super speed. I don't think that it'd be possible. He's no control over gravity. He'd be just throwing himself around. His feet aren't magnet. Unlike Raiden's in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Dude you don't use common sense with anime characters xD
Anyway rinehart is the jesus of Re:Zero since god loved and blessed him xD
Jul 13, 2016 8:52 AM
Jul 2016
With this amount of blessings only someone truly OP like Saitama can beat him lol
Jul 14, 2016 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
I think Reinhard can destroy character Like Batman,spiderman,wolverine and Iron man or character from Marvel with no effort if really have all this blessing. For me his power is Planet level while the rest of Re zero characters power are tree level or below

Jul 14, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
Devil_Slayer said:
iRels said:

Actually believe it or not, he isn't that good.
Jul 14, 2016 8:43 PM

Jul 2014
Jagd84 said:
Devil_Slayer said:

In which way you mean ?
Jul 14, 2016 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
Jagd84 said:

In which way you mean ?

There must be stronger ones... Adding to this - Reinhard has many resistances, as he's a knight. But there could be mages that have offensive versions of those blessings - penetration, instead of resistance.
Jul 14, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2010
Devil_Slayer said:
Jagd84 said:

In which way you mean ?

He can't be everywhere at once. His mana pool among lowest even if can draw mana from the environment. He also can't contract with spirit and such. His righteous personalty can also be taken advantage of by an enemy if they have say a hostage.
Jul 14, 2016 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
Devil_Slayer said:

In which way you mean ?

He can't be everywhere at once. His mana pool among lowest even if can draw mana from the environment. He also can't contract with spirit and such. His righteous personalty can also be taken advantage of by an enemy if they have say a hostage.

Low mana because not a mage? Or is it that his 'buffs' require mana to be maintained?
Jul 17, 2016 11:52 AM
Aug 2012
But can he double jump.
Jul 17, 2016 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
Would something like Geass work on him? I'm not sure if that's considered magic or "science."
Jul 17, 2016 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
TheKillerAngel said:
Would something like Geass work on him? I'm not sure if that's considered magic or "science."

That'd be hypnotism... In magic, there are spells that can influence the person's mind. There's also Mind Control, that does what it says. So that's what you mean. Not sure about it... I think it'd fall into either Dark or Light element. Its effects would be decreased. Probably, the spell wouldn't be strong enough to have significant effect on him.
Jul 17, 2016 12:11 PM

Sep 2015
Rehls said:
Devil_Slayer said:

In which way you mean ?

There must be stronger ones... Adding to this - Reinhard has many resistances, as he's a knight. But there could be mages that have offensive versions of those blessings - penetration, instead of resistance.

Did you read the comment above where it said Reinhard is the most powerful character in the universe? It was stated by the author.
Jul 17, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Rehls said:

Did you read the comment above where it said Reinhard is the most powerful character in the universe? It was stated by the author.

Not sure about it having been said by the author. Perhaps he was kidding people. But I can see counters to his blessings. Like the Initiative. Even if attacks were to connect, there are spells that create illusions. Or that replace the person with a dummy. The Initiative would only work once. It's strong, because Reinhard is. But even so, it could still be countered. Also by teleportation. And many other things. The Preceding Attack Immunity might only work against physical attacks and such. Because how'd an AoE spell miss him? He'd have to move away. But that'd would negate Initiative.
Jul 17, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
Rehls said:
TheKillerAngel said:

That'd be hypnotism... In magic, there are spells that can influence the person's mind. There's also Mind Control, that does what it says. So that's what you mean. Not sure about it... I think it'd fall into either Dark or Light element. Its effects would be decreased. Probably, the spell wouldn't be strong enough to have significant effect on him.

There are other types of Geass, such as the one that freezes time. If he were frozen in time, would he still be invulnerable?
Jul 17, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2016
Reinhard really needs a blessing to clone himself.
Jul 17, 2016 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
TheKillerAngel said:
Rehls said:

There are other types of Geass, such as the one that freezes time. If he were frozen in time, would he still be invulnerable?

You should remember that those powers from a different anime universe. Different rules are applied to them. But even so, there might be versions of them in this one's. Stopping time could be slowing a person's perception of time passing severely. It'd be a mind attack. It's possible that Reinhard is resistant against those. They'd be either Light or Dark element, as I said.
Jul 17, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
Rehls said:
TheKillerAngel said:

You should remember that those powers from a different anime universe. Different rules are applied to them. But even so, there might be versions of them in this one's. Stopping time could be slowing a person's perception of time passing severely. It'd be a mind attack. It's possible that Reinhard is resistant against those. They'd be either Light or Dark element, as I said.

It's not mentioned but Reinhart's has a divine gift which is to gain "whatever ability he needs to win" at any given time. He is the sword sage in the universe he is one of the strongest beings

I am curious because you are really dismissive of Reinhart like you want to disprove his strength so bad that your reaching at this point. How much of the LN or WN have you read?
Jul 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Rehls said:

It's not mentioned but Reinhart's has a divine gift which is to gain "whatever ability he needs to win" at any given time. He is the sword sage in the universe he is one of the strongest beings

I am curious because you are really dismissive of Reinhart like you want to disprove his strength so bad that your reaching at this point. How much of the LN or WN have you read?

Yeah not enough of him being told, creates openings. (Although there'll always be. You can't considered everything without 'cheating'.) The abilities' descriptions aren't very detailed. Even if he were to be given an ability that'd make him capable of winning, it still wouldn't guarantee a win. It just means that it makes it possible to. And how often would he be able to use it? Imagine a scenario where he's given an ability strong against an opponent, but then another opponent appears, and is strong against it.
Jul 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
Rehls said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

Yeah not enough of him being told, creates openings. (Although there'll always be. You can't considered everything without 'cheating'.) The abilities' descriptions aren't very detailed. Even if he were to be given an ability that'd make him capable of winning, it still wouldn't guarantee a win. It just means that it makes it possible to. And how often would he be able to use it? Imagine a scenario where he's given an ability strong against an opponent, but then another opponent appears, and is strong against it.

I know someone mentioned earlier but here are all the list of all the divine blessings so far in the universe through arc 6

http://rezero.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Protection

The divine abilities are always in use at all times and can be used an infinite number of times unless it's stated otherwise such as his phoenix blessing can only be used once. It was mentioned in arc three but was cut from the anime that blessings are something you are born with and not gained. You don't have control of your blessing and it's not something you use but is more something that is always activated by default.

This list excludes some of Reinhart's though

there's also a 1:10000000 chance for someone to have more than one divine blessing and Reinhart has to many.

The author created Reinhart as the opposite of Subaru on purpose. He wanted to create an invincible character to shows the audience that making a main character like that was boring.

[quote=TheKillerAngel message=46965551]
Rehls said:
TheKillerAngel said:

Spoiler refers to your freeze time ability.

QcK_Dagger_HeaTJul 17, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 17, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Rehls said:

I know someone mentioned earlier but here are all the list of all the divine blessings so far in the universe through arc 6

http://rezero.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Protection

This list excludes some of Reinhart's though

there's also a 1:10000000 for someone to have more than one divine blessing and Reinhart has to many.

The author created Reinhart as the opposite of Subaru on purpose. He wanted to create an invincible character to show the audience that making a main character like that was boring.

xD Don't think that's the reason. More like later proving that even an invincible-looking character can easily be defeated. Would certainly be more fun.

Like what Jagd said: "His righteous personalty can also be taken advantage of by an enemy if they have say a hostage."

None's truly invincible. And he ages, right? So time-passing kills him. What if he were to be imprisoned until death? Depends on how often that Divine Blessing could be used to give him an escape.

And I'd rather not read that wiki. It contains lots of spoilers about other characters, too.
Jul 17, 2016 11:27 PM

Jan 2013
I believe Rehls is merely stating that Reinhardt isn't as invincible as you guys think. Sure he is overpowered and is the strongest person in Re:Zero universe, but being the strongest doesn't make him invincible, he could still be defeated and die by a lot of means.

His Blessing of the Phoenix that allows him to revive once, upon death actually proves or perhaps implies that he could be and will be defeated and die at one point.

I think.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
3 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.