3It was OK
13.5%
2Disliked it
3.0%
1Hated it
6.0%
Average 4.1
200 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2008 11:00 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 1, 2008 12:15 PM
Nov 2007
WTH THE PREVIEW WAS SO MISLEADING!!!
lol

Jun's bike crash totally sucked. They made such a big deal. [/sarcasm] At least we got some contextual development. :D
radiantfireMar 2, 2008 7:39 PM
Mar 1, 2008 1:51 PM

Dec 2007
Nice ep, atleast Shinichirou makes his move :D
Mar 1, 2008 2:51 PM

Nov 2007
kurotsuki said:

the rabbit gets a +20 for making Jun's bike crash

Apparently a flaming motorcycle doesn't faze them in the least.

The RAW distributors were too lazy to finish encoding the preview on mine :/.

DON DON DON
\
Mar 1, 2008 6:47 PM

Feb 2008
i love this episode!!!
hahahahaha
Mar 2, 2008 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
I will be very sad if it isn't a Noe ending :(
Mar 2, 2008 3:55 AM

Dec 2007
i had problems w/ this episode

things didn't seem to move smoothly at all.
and once again, the ending is wide open. The way that the Hiromi-relation issue was dealt with this early. Once again... shin can end up w/ either Hiromi or Noe

looks like next week brings resolution to Nobuse's and Ai's troubled relationship (i think)
Mar 2, 2008 4:09 AM

Feb 2008
the perplexity of this show is going to be more and more revealed
besides, due to the fact that shin and hiromi aren't siblings the ending isn't so obvious anymore.
but i don't think we won't see an aiko end though.

i simply became infatuated with this show. (Y)
耳を塞いでも両手をすり抜ける真実に惑うよ。
Mar 2, 2008 4:35 AM

Jun 2007

A Rabbit
Your bike is next.

meh, this just had to happen.
True Tears goes more and more in the same old harem story direction of the main character getting the girl he knows the longest.
That would be so damn boring.
Best way to end it would probably be Noe since she's the weirdest girl and Ai just does not have enough screen-time to win him over. But let's see if the producers were smart enough.

This scene with Noe was quite nice:
Mar 2, 2008 5:27 AM

Feb 2008
Another awesome episode. The bike crash was so... weird (?). The hug scene was simply beautiful =)
And who could have guessed Shin's mother was human afterall =P
Also, it's nice to see that the story about Hiromi and Shin being siblings is a lie.
Looking foward to the next episode, too bad we have to wait another week =(
KayroMar 2, 2008 6:17 AM
Mar 2, 2008 5:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I guess you can only view the bike crash as weird if you don't drive a bike yourself. At least not in the winter. It wasn't that unrealistic actually. Good to see they didn't exaggerate there.

Episode was nice, it lightened up one side but darkened the other. I'm looking forward to more.

cyruzMar 2, 2008 5:46 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 2, 2008 5:52 AM

Nov 2007
Poor Noe. ;.; I still hope she 'wins'. But I don't see it being likely. :\
Mar 2, 2008 6:15 AM

Oct 2007
I didn't find the bike crash weird at all and I loved that whole awkward scene when Shin-kun just hug Hiromi, right in front of Noe. I didn't really like how Hiromi ended up getting suspended over some accident though... Does that really happen?

Well there was absolutely no Aiko screen-time and Noe seems to have accepted her fate, so we are looking at a Hiromi ending. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2008 6:17 AM
Oct 2007
You bastard Shin, don't you dare break Noe's heart. A fucking moose will be in your path your next bike ride
Mar 2, 2008 6:19 AM

Oct 2007
zeroryoko1974 said:
You bastard Shin, don't you dare break Noe's heart. A fucking moose will be in your path your next bike ride

ROFL! You might wanna watch your language. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2008 6:44 AM
Jun 2007
The previews are so misleading!!! I"m not gonna watch the previews anymore! jksll XD lol

Anyways, awesome episode! 5/5 I kinda guessed that she's not Shin's blood-sister. But either way, I'm still rooting for Noe.
Mar 2, 2008 6:52 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, nice episode...

Poor Noe....it was kind of to expect but it sucks bad...
Now that Hiromi is back to "normal" I begin to like her again, seems like things are going smoothly now for her..

Can't wait for more :D

Mar 2, 2008 8:13 AM

Oct 2007
Lol, nobody see yuri in there?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 2, 2008 10:08 AM

Jan 2007
Noe sad = me sad D:

anyways, did you guys really think the previews from last episode actually meant something. Maybe you guys havent watched enough previews but producers do those kind of things all the time.

While I had no problems with the transition from Shinichiro's mom from going to mean to nice to Hiromi, but they havent said why the hate in the first place, so I hope they explain that a little bit.

@kurotsuki - Even though the majority of us don't watch the raw, I don't see the need for you to put it in spoilers.
Mar 2, 2008 10:18 AM
Jan 2008
lame... knew they weren't related in the first place. Noe gave up on Shin' noo. She knows that Shin' can't fly with her because his heart is somewhere else. Noe with sad face still is a win. Hmm looks like Jun is going to do something to Hiromi. I feel like this anime has ended for me. Since episode 8 because Noe was with Shin' and that ending would be nice. =/ yeah why do people put spoilers of ep 9 while your discussing ep 9 the people that didn't watch ep 9 should not even come here is their fault for seeing the spoiler
Mar 2, 2008 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
I guess that's all for the Noe Arc. Good epi.

I think that press to the Shinichiro's bandage was another way of saying "Truth hurts."
Mar 2, 2008 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
Ok. So Hiromi isn't blood related to Shin'. But I'm confused.....did Hiromi tell him that his mom was lying or no? ANyway I feel sorry for noe. When she said "you can fly but not here" I think she was refering the "here" to herself. I'd rather Shin' be with Noe but now it doesn't look like thats going to happen. And if it did I'd think it would be a liittle weird the way it stands now. Hopefully the next episode will clear up the thing with Ai. I knew last weeks preview was going to be misleading. I'm also still a little confused about why shin' got in a fight but I know it was about Hiromi.
Mar 2, 2008 11:48 AM

Aug 2007
Haha the only way Noe would have gotten Shin is if the whole siblings thing were true. Sadly, that isn't the case...Now that revelation must have been painful! xD

The whole Hiromi ending shouldn't a surprise, although I'm a little irked at how the Noe relationship barely got an episode.

meh, this just had to happen.
True Tears goes more and more in the same old harem story direction of the main character getting the girl he knows the longest.
That would be so damn boring.
Best way to end it would probably be Noe since she's the weirdest girl and Ai just does not have enough screen-time to win him over. But let's see if the producers were smart enough.

All harem animes are the same dude...just a matter of how it is presented. True Tears might be just another harem show, but its presentation separates it from your average harem anime.

Remember that Shin is your "good guy" character. The whole Noe thing might play out for 1-2 more episodes, then we end with some Hiromi! xD

Mar 2, 2008 11:50 AM

Aug 2007
Ugh this sucks. I hate Shinichiro. He somewhat reminds me of Makoto from School Days now. Noe > Hiromi. If in the end it shows that Shinichiro goes to Hiromi and Noe just takes it then I will seriously hate this. But with that said it was an ok episode. That accident was funny.
Mar 2, 2008 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
I personally think that Hiromi > Noe, and after ep9 it is clear that we will get a Hiromi ending :)
But in the meantime I would really like to see Noe's tears, and the reason for that.
Mar 2, 2008 1:03 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Episode was nice, it lightened up one side but darkened the other. I'm looking forward to more.

Shin's mom was really pretty this episode! Especially when she stops frowning. I'm actually really happy for Hiromi. I think her shouting at the mom last episode opened her eyes. I don't think it was weird at all. People make mistakes.

The hug scene was beautiful (as someone said above) although I felt bad for Noe. Looks like Jun's gonna be getting angry next episode because of that. Ah, Shin, you're kind of dumb. The one thing I love about Noe is that she's not stupid, she's not needy, she just accepts. She's a wonderful character.

Darkreaper70 said:
I hate Shinichiro. He somewhat reminds me of Makoto from School Days now.
I'm sorry, but how can you even say that? Did you even watch School Days? I'm beginning to get quite fed up with people referring to School Days in every freaking show. Get over it.
KinetaMar 2, 2008 1:10 PM
Mar 2, 2008 1:16 PM
Jan 2008
might be true about the Hiromi ending but theres still a chance. Shin' still believes that Hiromi likes Jun and also if Noe finds out about the deal will make things worse. And looks like Jun is going to do something next ep.

No Hellmonkey, Shin' found out when his dad slapped him silly for asking if Hiromi and him are siblings. He should get smacked more lol jk.

Noe > Hiromi in weirdness, cuteness, joyness, careness might be equal to Hiromi. both Noe and Hiromi is considerate. Noe knows that Shin' likes Hiromi thats why she breaks up with him and Hiromi took the lie about the blood related and kept her feelings to herself.
Noe ftw must have a secondary character ending instead of the main lead -__- like that is gonna happen.
Mar 2, 2008 1:32 PM

Feb 2008
well, actually shin knows ai the longest as far as i can extract it out of the informations given.
so this whole harem thing isnt the case, but the flashbacks of the festival that occured somewhere in the past of shin is bugging me, because he seemed to be with hiromi, running along that path hand in hand promising he would never leave here or something, and on the other hand that one scene with ai surrounded by those typical shops.
耳を塞いでも両手をすり抜ける真実に惑うよ。
Mar 2, 2008 1:37 PM

Oct 2007
It's good I suspected most of that coming.

A rabbit though...I would have hit the bugger and took my chances. Oh well. It served it purpose. I'm just a little miffed that they were standing there inhaling burning gasoline. At least Jun had the common sense to know it wouldn't explode like the movies. He must have been watching Mythbusters or something. He gets a cool point for that.

How I see it, when rumors circulate throughout the school it's hard to get away from social isolation. It's been a theme seen in several anime. Whether it's true or not those classmates will isolate them and make them suffer for being out of the norm. News of the accident with both Jun and Hiromi spreads like wildfire. They might have been accusing Hiromi of being easy, running away with Jun and therefore Shin had to fight to maintain her honor.

I am glad that they are not related. This still doesn't explain why Shin's mom would say something like that to Hiromi. It could be possible that Shin's dad did cheat and she was just taking it out on Hiromi. I have a feeling that will not get resolved. At least Shin's dad said something finally. It makes everyone's life more easier.

I feel bad for Noe. She is getting hurt through all this. At the same time she is very strong. She saw right through Shin and admitted that he can't fly here (with her.) In the end I see her becoming friends with both Shin and Hiromi. Maybe Hiromi will be the one to bring Noe her true tears. Hiromi knows how to shed them, how to hold them back, how to be strong, and how to be weak.

Ai and Miyo need some screen time together. I can't wait until next week.

Jun...we need to watch for him. Things aren't going according to plan for him.

As I have stated in the other ep thread, Shin is nowhere near Makoto. He played none of the girls. He really didn't have a harem. 1 never had a chance, 1 had to be separated from him due to moral confusion, and the only one left he likes some but not to the level of the other. Still he had no intentions of cheating. He cares for every one of those girls. Makoto didn't give a hoot about any of them. Tell me what proof do you have to back up your claims that Shin is like Makoto? I am curious. As I've said before, maybe I am seeing things differently.

(On a side note, it's fun to compare shows to School Days in jest but constant comparison I don't think is warranted because there won't be anything like School Days as far as shock appeal.)

Overall I liked the episode but I didn't love it. I'm just glad it did clear up a lot of things.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 2, 2008 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
Go home hiromi. YOu suck. I want Noe Back now! Arg. This is going to be a bad week.
Mar 2, 2008 2:20 PM

Jun 2007
Hell ya hiromi ending! lol *feels all the noe lovers start glaring at me*

wow the bike scene was dull. You just almost died, your bike is on fire and all you can say is shit I haven't paid off my bike yet....rofl. Wow that has to be the most dull crash scenes I've ever seen. Both of them seemed like they just didn't care and wanted to die lol.

Its great news that Hiromi and Shin are not related. I'm happy they can actually express how they feel to each other now. I suspect the reason why the mom lied was either because she was scared that she would lose her boy to another women, afraid of weird rumors spreading about Shin and Hiromi, or possibly even because the mom has a crush on her own son (I doubt though). In either case it seems like the relationship between everyone in the family has changed dramatically for some odd reason (for the better).

Updated relationship chart. ? marks next to things that where not truly confirmed yet. Post any errors.

Mar 2, 2008 2:29 PM

Sep 2007
Gah, NO! *picks up Noe, shoves Hiromi aside, and plants Noe down on Shin's lap*

The whole ending with childhood friend/person you've known longest is getting old now. That revelation broke my heart in Kimi-kiss and now we're going to see it here too =( *hopes for some major plot twists*
Mar 2, 2008 3:15 PM

Sep 2007
i don't want hiromi to win. go, noe, go!
Mar 2, 2008 3:29 PM

May 2007
A new episode, a new turn of events. Last episode Noe and Shin'ichiro seems happy together. The motor bike accident now proved it was just on the outside. Noe and Shin are a couple by name, and by a deal. I'm not happy with the development but it favors poor Hiromi a lot. First, the story about being Shin's sibling was a lie and Shin's mom is not as hard on her. Noe and her brother are now downhill. Miyokichi also has his doubts on Shin'ichiro. Everything starts to fall apart yet it's hard to predict what's next.
Mar 2, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
It does look like the show will be going the Hiromi route, but I still prefer Noe. I am not a Hiromi hater but Noe and Shin seem to be a better match in my mind. My opinion could change depending on what they show in last episodes. There could be a lot of back story that we haven't seen yet that could make a difference.

At this moment I am not happy with the way things are going for Noe, but I am glad that she is a strong person and I won't count her out till the end.
Mar 2, 2008 4:38 PM

Jan 2008
How dare he hurt Noe. I was so excited for a harem anime to take the road less traveled for once. Damn it all to hell. Noe is my favorite character for practically every anime this season.
Mar 2, 2008 5:14 PM
Jan 2008
stayatari said:
well, actually shin knows ai the longest as far as i can extract it out of the informations given.
so this whole harem thing isnt the case, but the flashbacks of the festival that occured somewhere in the past of shin is bugging me, because he seemed to be with hiromi, running along that path hand in hand promising he would never leave here or something, and on the other hand that one scene with ai surrounded by those typical shops.

Well, I think you might be wrong on that Might be wrong because Shin's parents and Hiromi's parents are close friends and also Hiromi's dad works with Shin's dad. Hiromi and Shin' should had met since they were kids before Ai. I'm just using common sense on this one but i might be wrong since we don't know much about Ai's past. So I still think Shin' known Hiromi the longest.
Mar 2, 2008 5:58 PM

Oct 2007
It seems more like Shin and Ai could have hung out as kids more than Shin and Hiromi since Shin feels an older sister relationship with her. I could see Shin and Hiromi playing as babies or something but not as often as Shin and Ai.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 2, 2008 6:12 PM

Aug 2007
Shin and Hiromi are much closer childhood friends than Shin and Ai because Aiko is a year older than Shin. This means that they are on different grades and might not even see each other that much in school. Then there is also the fact that Aiko attends a different school for 'x' reason, which might also apply to when Aiko was younger.

To sum up, there would have been more time for Shin x Hiromi to develop than Shin x Aiko. Look at some of the flashbacks, you see Shin and Hiromi at the 'x' festival not Shin x Aiko.
Mar 2, 2008 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
this show just went into the suck for me, ai got completely forgotten and he goes back to lusting for hiromi who I can't stand. poor noe. I just don't even want to watch now, too predictable, I hate hiromi she's so annoying, with that stupid bike accident.
Mar 2, 2008 6:53 PM

Feb 2008
I expected Jun to be at least angry or something at Hiromi after his bike crashed since she was the one who insisted he take her wherever they were going. Now's he's in debt, has to buy another bike, and get a job, but he seemed like he didn't care at all. Kinda confused as to why they got suspended as well.

Finally Shin's dad speaks up. About time. I figured it was all just some lie, but I still don't understand why Shin's mom hates Hiromi's mom so much. And too bad the undressing scene wasn't really anything. I figured not, cause it looked like Shin's house in the preview, but still, I was hoping for a more dramatic scene.

How come Ai got zero screen time? Even though she never had a chance, I at least thought she would have a bigger part in the series.

Poor Noe, she only got one ep of happiness. I'm rooting for Hiromi, so I liked the hug scene and that Shin's finally doing something about his feelings, but I still feel bad for Noe. I loved the scene where she kept poking Shin in the nose.
Mar 2, 2008 6:58 PM

Jul 2007
At least she warmed her hands on the fire to show her appreciation.

Mar 2, 2008 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
I rated this an Ok rating, but now reading all the posts and thinking about it... I actually liked this episode a lot. This wasn't a really "feel good" episode, but it pretty well done. There were some really good scenes. I really loved them just staring at the motorcycle, somewhat fazed and getting warmth from the fire. Also, when Noe pushed on Shin's nose. The hug scene.

Yup, consider my vote changed (unofficially).

Mar 2, 2008 8:00 PM

Dec 2007
I thought it was an ok episode, Jun's reaction to everything seems to make me think that he just does whatever anyone else tells him what to do and that he really holds back on his emotions. He desperately needs more character development though.
Mar 2, 2008 8:55 PM

Aug 2007
Iriya said:
Gah, NO! *picks up Noe, shoves Hiromi aside, and plants Noe down on Shin's lap*

The whole ending with childhood friend/person you've known longest is getting old now.

^haha agreed. I still liked how the story played out so far though. Just sad for Noe, who is very insightful to other's feelings (which I love about her)
Mar 2, 2008 9:51 PM

Oct 2007
As a Noe fan this episode was horrible and I didn't like it one bit. What does he see in Hiromi?

If this goes the Hiromi route then I will just archive episodes 1-8 since 8 would be the good ending with Shin having a great time with Noe.
DigimonTamerMar 2, 2008 9:54 PM
Mar 2, 2008 11:28 PM

Feb 2008
I = Noe fan

so i was not happy this time around >.<
Mar 3, 2008 12:41 AM

Oct 2007
Hmm, I'm surprised that everyone already seems to have concluded that it will end with Shin' and Hiromi being together. Shin' and Noe seemed to be really happy together, and I think that they are still doing well. Noe seemed a bit discouraged when seeing Shin' worry about Hiromi. He probably still has some lingering feelings of course, but I don't think he will forget about Noe. Noe seems to have already left a lasting effect on Shin' in many aspects, so I still think there is a high possibility for a Shin' x Noe ending.
Mar 3, 2008 12:43 AM

Apr 2007
Mathes said:

This scene with Noe was quite nice:

Yes, that scene was amazing.

I don't know what to think of this ep... It certainly didn't live up to previous eps standards. The pacing was all over the place... The animation was iffy too (thou still great compared to the majority of anime's out there).

And oh-o it looks like a Hiromi ending =/. Poor Noe...
Mar 3, 2008 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
xhx said:
lame... knew they weren't related in the first place. Noe gave up on Shin' noo. She knows that Shin' can't fly with her because his heart is somewhere else. Noe with sad face still is a win. Hmm looks like Jun is going to do something to Hiromi. I feel like this anime has ended for me. Since episode 8 because Noe was with Shin' and that ending would be nice. =/ yeah why do people put spoilers of ep 9 while your discussing ep 9 the people that didn't watch ep 9 should not even come here is their fault for seeing the spoiler

I totally agree with that.
Look up in dictionary "Shinchiro" it says - "lamz0rd"
I guess I can't trust anythin' as nearly 80% of stories are so illogical... Because of course if there is a maon fem charr the main male charr must pair with her and no other stuff is even considered... Arrrrr it bugs me de arimasu...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.