Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 11, 2016 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
juicykitten95 said:
Bibimbapski said:

I still think he's an asshole. Maybe I will understand him more if I know about his past and I'm going to start reading the manga.

lol here is his past in a single panel XD, not really a spoiler

Wow, he was always an ass since childhood. LOL
臭い-
May 12, 2016 6:15 AM

May 2010
Deku is getting cooler and cooler. I'm glad they are doing it slowly instead of making him all cool all of a sudden. His personality is fun.

Also Urarako x Deku is life <3
May 12, 2016 7:57 AM
Mar 2016
Can't wait 'til Kacchan get rekt
May 12, 2016 4:56 PM

Nov 2015
Finally Deku made his move against Bakugou

May 12, 2016 8:39 PM

Dec 2009
Bakugou's jealously on Midoriya's quirk. There's definitely going to a rivalry relationship with these two.
May 14, 2016 6:02 AM
Jan 2015
It needs to be paced faster. Darn, for a shounen show, it sure knows how to take its time. Plus, who else is Kacchan aside from Deku's arch-nemesis?

PS: Here's my blog and I am currently blogging these Spring shows. Please visit if you have the time. Thank you.
May 15, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
the soundtracks always add up to the mood where intense action is involved, that's a plus point for this show if I had to mention a general thing about this anime.

furthermore now the whole events until this episode came to a conclusion when midoriyas mother realized that she was at fault back then. with her approval now he's no obstacle anymore but rather only guaranteed support from his social environment for his goal to become a hero.

as i had mentioned in my earlier comment, one of the weapons of midoriya is his knowledge that he happens to use against kacchan in this episode too. he doesn't even have to rely on some kind of special power if he does know every movement and fighting style of every hero out there.

the concept of striving against people who don't realize one's real potential has always been interesting to watch.
May 18, 2016 7:09 AM

Aug 2013
I don't get why kacchan is so aggresive towards deku, it has gotten to the point where i literally hate this show because of him alone.
May 18, 2016 8:54 AM
Jul 2012
FarrelSal said:
I don't get why kacchan is so aggresive towards deku, it has gotten to the point where i literally hate this show because of him alone.
He doesn't want to be looked down on. He thinks Deku is looking down on him because of how Deku nature is it's a bit understandable but he takes it overboard.
May 22, 2016 6:17 PM

Jun 2014
I love the OST, it has some great tracks here & there.
I like Kacchan but damn he's so bitter. I really wanna know his backstory, he must be insecure deep inside or smth. Also his costume was excellent, the coolest one by far.
May 25, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2015
The costume designs are awful, to be blunt. They have passed the point of "cool" and gone straight to the point of ridiculous and cluttered.
I guess that's what to be expected when you get a bunch of elementary school kids to draw their own designs. Kids will want to add everything but the kitchen sink in an attempt to look cooler. So in that sense it's believable... but damn it's hard to watch.
Jun 4, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, watching the anime I'm remembering just how unbearably obnoxious Bakugo is, and giving him a voice somehow made him even more annoying
Jun 8, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
Deku vs. Kacchan is going to intense. :O Ochako is too damn adorable lol.
Jun 8, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2010
I went back and looked at the score from episode 5. Katsuki got 705.2 while Izuku got 705.3, just beating him. Not wonder he went into rage mode. I have to pay closer attention.

Anyway why did Izuku do so badly on the tests? Sure he couldn't use a quirk (mostly) which puts him at a disadvantage against the others. However He just spent 10 months of intense physical training and his abs are showing. He should have above average scores. Not everyone has a quirk that is useful for all the tests. True I don't fully understand what all the quirks do at this point but I would think his natural abilities would give him an edge against the classmates who couldn't use their quirks for some of the tests. I don't see how Katsuki's quirk would help him with the grip test and we saw Izuku doing it during his training. As far as I know Tōru's quirk just makes her invisible. It has it's uses but I'm not sure how she got past the entrance exam and this doesn't seem like it would help her at all. Grated she might have abs herself. I have seen them even though she has been naked, but she could still be well fit.

I wouldn't expect him to come in first, even if they didn't use their quirks, but why last?
Jun 9, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, I figured out that the whole Entrance Exam had an extra "Heroic" point system to it, but somehow missed that the first test they're doing actually doesn't have a penalty of expulsion?! How could I have been so bliiiiiiinnndddd!!!!

Next episode is gonna be real exiting, with Deku finally not using his quirk and proving he doesn't need superpowers to win.

And the odds of this exact setup of hero/villain, as well as Deku being on Team A and all of them being the first to go... I think it would've been cooler if he had teamed up with one of those random kids rather than someone else in the main cast. But you know, everything has to be aligned like a syzygy, don't they.

That bunny suit is stuuuuuuuppiid! Hope he doesn't fix the mask in future episodes, cuz it looks dope burned like that, and it'll be better without it entirely.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jun 10, 2016 10:55 PM
Jul 2014
Jakerams said:
FarrelSal said:
He doesn't want to be looked down on. He thinks Deku is looking down on him because of how Deku nature is it's a bit understandable but he takes it overboard.

Actually I think there's more to it than that. There was one scene flash towards the end of the ep that I think reveals the real truth: when they were kids, Kachan was being bullied and he was afraid and cowering, and Deku was afraid too but stood up to the bullies despite his lack of a quirk. And ever since then, Kachan has resented him for it, sort of like "how could I need rescuing by that quirk-less loser when I'm so much better than him" or something like that.
Jun 10, 2016 11:10 PM
Apr 2015
Mirality said:
Jakerams said:

Actually I think there's more to it than that. There was one scene flash towards the end of the ep that I think reveals the real truth: when they were kids, Kachan was being bullied and he was afraid and cowering, and Deku was afraid too but stood up to the bullies despite his lack of a quirk. And ever since then, Kachan has resented him for it, sort of like "how could I need rescuing by that quirk-less loser when I'm so much better than him" or something like that.

Kacchan was the bully in that scene.
Jun 11, 2016 12:54 AM
Jul 2012
Mirality said:
Jakerams said:

He was the bully in that scene. Bakugou is just too prideful and aims too high and doesn't want anyone to look down on him.
Jun 11, 2016 5:32 AM
Jul 2014
Jakerams said:
Mirality said:

He was the bully in that scene. Bakugou is just too prideful and aims too high and doesn't want anyone to look down on him.

Alrighty, guess I saw it wrong then. That's much less interesting.
Jun 11, 2016 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
Not bad, not bad at all.
Jun 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2013
Deku is last, btu sensei changes his mind and he stays.
2 on 2 battle training and now Deku means a good thing instead of an insult,.
Jul 1, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2012
Superb episode! Really love how this is turning out! Up to the next episode.
Jul 7, 2016 11:59 PM

Mar 2015
We finally see them in their costumes! Looking good, especially Uraraka wow

But man that Kacchan being such an immature jealous prick needs to stop, hope he gets what's coming to his petty ass
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Aizawa will be joining Bakugou in the list of characters that are tsundere over Deku's talent.

That ending was beyond hype.
Jul 10, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
I dont why, his costume reminds me of bugs bunny whenever I look at him lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 11, 2016 3:42 PM
Jul 2014
How is Uraraka 10th place in the skills evaluation when she scored infinity on the ball throw?
Jul 19, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2013
I'm seriously slowly starting to like Deku. Also I'm not surprised Bakugo was a villain. With that attitude of his lol he needs to chill.
Jul 20, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
I love Katsuki's hero outfit design, especially those grenade gloves.
Jul 22, 2016 3:17 PM

Sep 2014
Fun episode. Nice outfit for all the heros and definetly looking forward to see Deku vs Bakugou.
Aug 7, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2012
When you deny that your name is Deku, but the girl you like says she like the name Deku, so you change your name to Deku.

Katsuki's costume looks badass. But it has the sigil. That's bad.

Ochaco and Momo costumes...FUCK!

lol at Minoru looking at Momo's oppai.

Show your growth, Deku. Beat Katsuki. You know his moves from the amount of times he picked on you. Take advantage.

joe_g7 said:
I dont why, his costume reminds me of bugs bunny whenever I look at him lol

Had the same thought. lol
RobAug 7, 2016 1:53 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 28, 2016 8:28 PM

Sep 2013
The random pairings seemed a bit less than random...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 9, 2016 5:04 AM
Aug 2016
Damn, Bakugou has anger issues, it's just awful, but I guess that's what a rival should do...
Sep 9, 2016 8:41 AM
Jan 2013
Just recently started to watch the series, and there is one thing I don't understand:
Why is there no psychological evaluation as part of the entrance exam at the most prestigious hero school?
I mean that Kacchan guy has serious issues and should be kept locked away from everyone
Oct 18, 2016 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
Some cool costumes, especially Iida's. Baku's got some serious anger issues tho >_> So satisfying when Deku flipped him xD
Nov 9, 2016 4:28 AM

Jan 2013
This is a good series so far but the MC is sooo annoying sometimes.
Dec 9, 2016 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
Bakugous reaction after Dekus throw was really funny. And no I finally know why Shouta senseis eyes look so strained. Good thing he lied about that someone gets kicked out.

So All Might was this time the one who made a big test. Most of the suits looked so cool. I'm not sure about Dekus one, but yeah maybe he will change something.

Deku vs Bakugou. That was an intense beginning at the end of this episode. Bakugou really hates Deku. Fight Deku you can do it!!!

PS: Ochako is so fucking cute *.*

Dec 18, 2016 12:12 AM

Mar 2016
For some reason I thought people were going to hate on him because of his outfit... but that didn't happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2013
UrbanJahts said:
For some reason I thought people were going to hate on him because of his outfit... but that didn't happen.

lol I thought the same thing bc that's typical of an anime scene haha
Feb 5, 2017 2:44 AM
Dec 2009
No doubt he'll be keeping the Deku nickname now! Cool to see everyone in their costumes, even though I still think Deko's "rabbit"-like costume is kind of lame...
Mar 2, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2008
Kacchan really treats Deku as a pest in his life!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2017 5:32 AM

Jun 2013
It's like Katsuki is just looking for excuses to be mad at Izuku. What's sad is that even when the two were friends he was already a narcissist. What's his deal?

Urarararaka and Tenya are a good influence on our little twerp. When it comes to being earnest, Tenya and Izuku are on the opposite side of the spectrum, with Urararaka in the middle. The latter is the most carefree of the three, while Izuku and Tenya are increasingly more responsible. Of course, these dynamics aren't set in stone, they give Tenya and Urararararaka some leeway while also inspiring Izuku to be more assertive and earnest.
May 3, 2017 1:02 AM

Apr 2015
Why does Kacchan hate Deku? That guy didn't do anything bad to him.

Deku's costume tho lol.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 8, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
I'm laughing so hard at Deku's costume. On the other hand, Ochako looks great. I'm super hyped for the next episode.
Jun 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, Thought the outfits were hilarious but now I'm used to them wearing them.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 30, 2017 4:09 PM

May 2010
This time I was genuinely surprised by Deku's immediate reaction to Bakugo's attack, I thought he'd get beaten up first :> That's pretty cool.

But what the heck is up with his costume, looks like Donkey-Man lol.
Dec 18, 2017 8:57 AM

Feb 2015
All Might is a trip...he's such a cheeseball he makes me laugh. As does laser boy - "Style for a man who can't stop sparkling" haha...

Jan 4, 2018 7:02 PM
Jun 2013
god dam bakugou your annoying why does deku admire the prick. lol accepting deku for a pretty girl. I also forgot they do regular school stuff. Seems pointless since didn't they come from regular school so they should know this. the silver age outfit is way better then normal. I also like a lot of the outfits we start to see from here on out. Designs sure to pop and dont seem samey. They are even better in animation. lol at ochako skin tight outfit and grape head giving it the thumbs up.
Feb 14, 2018 8:07 AM

Mar 2014
Holy shit I really don't get why Bakugo is so angry... what's with him. And why is he such a bitch to Deku. I really hope we get some flashback or something so I can understand him better. Needless to say seeing Deku throwing Bakugo was beyond orgasmic lol. Well-deserved and I'm glad he stood up to him at last

Uraraka is best girl, I think that if Deku overcame his shyness he could have a very supportive and reliable friend!
Feb 15, 2018 10:48 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the costumes. And finally Midoriya vs Bakugo. At least looks like Deku know how to fight.
Apr 1, 2018 7:08 PM
Dec 2014
Katsuki is the most annoying character I ever seen.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.