Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 8, 2016 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the whole test was a joke/lie. Funny at how everyone reacted to that since the students believed that they might of been expelled if they failed.

Glad to see more of All Might this episode and in class. Nice. I like how this episode bought big developments including the character battle outfits, a very important part of the show. They look quite nice imo.

Bakugo's rage is always so amusing to watch About time Deku also stood up to Bakugo too.
Stark700May 8, 2016 1:23 AM
May 8, 2016 1:23 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Bakugou’s reaction was so perfect, lol! Lol, Aizawa was such a troll with him lying about the expulsion thing. Lol at Aizawa saying that Midoriya’s potential are just above zero. Uraraka changing the meaning of Deku was cute. ROFL at “Deku desu”. And finally the students get their battle gear. Kacchan’s gear is still the coolest looking.

Time for the Battle Trials! Deku’s suit looks… weird but cool. The whole Heroes vs. Villain set up is really fun. Midoriya and Uraraka vs. Bakugou vs. Iida… what a coincidence, lol. Kacchan’s going all out though. Deku really improved! And it’ll only make Kachhan angrier. Two chapters adapted again.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 8, 2016 1:33 AM
May 8, 2016 2:27 AM

Sep 2015
All of them are so cool in their suits !
Fun to watch.
I'm excited for Deku vs Kacchan :D
May 8, 2016 2:33 AM
Jul 2012
Not much during this episode but it set up next episode which should be great.
May 8, 2016 2:44 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode :D

Bakugou's reaction after Deku's throw was priceless.

Finally got to see Momo and Tsuyu talk, I really like Momo's voice.
Deku's reactions are priceless as well, That instant acceptance of the name after Uraraka said she liked it XD

The soundtrack continues to be exceptional making every scene so good.

Lol at All Might's reaction to Deku's jumpsuit, Deku is such a fanboy XD
The training exercise finally starts, Deku pulling off that counter against Bakugou was epic and him standing up to Bakugou was even more awesome.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Plus Ultra!!
May 8, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2012
Chapters 7 and 8 lovingly adapted this week. The better this gets the more bummed out that 13 episode count makes me. Still, seeing Izuku throw Bakugou down on his sorry ass(like the sorry ass he is) was wonderful! XD Such a touching scene between Izuku and his new friends Iida and Uraraka. Nice to see him team with her. I can't exactly blame him(or that little perv Mineta XD) for his reaction to Uraraka's costume, but what about Momo's!? XD And Tsuyu's! Nice voice for her btw...very...froggy. XD Momo's was good too actually. As touching as the flashback with his mom was I gotta be honest: I've always felt that mask for Deku's costume is hideous! Loving All Might tribute or not Bakugou did one good thing destroying that! XD All Might in the classroom was pretty fun too. Action should intensify next week, and the titular fight isn't the only one of note. Looking forward to Uraraka and Iida showing their stuff too! XD
animefan8800May 8, 2016 2:57 AM
May 8, 2016 2:49 AM

May 2012
A bit slower than the rest, but I guess it's just setting up for the battles.

Ochako showing why's she's best girl.

I'm fine with everyone's voices buuut didn't expect Tsuyu's voice to be scratchy, though it makes sense since she's supposed to represent a frog and all. Reminded me of Tomoko. It'll take a little getting used to since it's a bit different than I imagined but I do like it a bit at the moment.
OlemMay 8, 2016 3:00 AM

May 8, 2016 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
that was amazing. about time deku rekts bakugo.
i liked the last few minutes a lot
"my deku isn't always going to mean useless. my deku means you can do it"
right in the kokoro tbh
the feels in the anime are tooo strong, i can't seem to handle, got me teary-eyed
May 8, 2016 3:00 AM

Jan 2015
Uravity's costume is the best !! :D
May 8, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2015

THAT is what this anime is about... Dream. And what he said, was the only reason that makes me mostly crying every time I watch the Anime.
Deku's accepting the no meaning to insult because it's come from the girl he like. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 8, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
I didn't know Mr. Aizawa was a contractor! Lol all the costumes look flamboyant and showy, I wouldn't wear them if I had powers lol. Looks like Kacchan's grenade gloves are either too heavy or provide too much air resistance for him to swing his fists quickly. But this is a superhero show anyways, so logic doesn't apply.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 8, 2016 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Aizawa is so cool when he activates his quirk. Nice to hear Momo finally speak. She sounds great.
Momo, Todoroki & Bakugo in the top 3 of that assessment test. Poor Deku getting last place. Well at least it was all a lie. No ones getting expelled.
Everyone looks great in their hero costumes. Deku's mum is the BEST helping out with his costume.
Kinda prefer Deku without the mask on.
Combat Training Test. Deku/Uraraka vs Bakugou/Iida.
Bakugou going straight in for the attack. That was an awesome throw by Deku. His analysis paid off.

"You can do it"
Next week more Deku vs Bakugou.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 8, 2016 3:08 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 8, 2016 3:06 AM

Nov 2015
Yay, Deku finding he courage to face Bakugo atlast!
Aizawa was good as the teacher finding potential in the students.
Nice to see All Might in this ep as the Hero course teacher, he'll be quite tough to impress.
May 8, 2016 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
Bakugo's PISSED ASF LOL and he'll probably be even more pissed nxt ep

Finally we're seeing what Deku's made off. Fighting Bakugo straight on like that.

Totally loved how he went "Deku des" after Ochako said she likes the name. She's so cute.

Speaking of cute..Deku's mom is too cute

It was awesome finally hearing Momo and Tsuyu talking :D
May 8, 2016 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
Midoriya wasn't crying in this episode. WTF.

Ochaco was so adorable in this episode. Lover her costume :)

Rest of the costumes ere great as well. Although I found the head part of Midoriya's costume looked really stupid. Glad part of it was blown off towards the end.

Ending was hype! Really looking forward to some Midoriya vs Bakugou action next week.
May 8, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2012
NO DONT END THE EPISODE JUST HERE NO!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 3:49 AM
Aug 2009
Why do I feel that Aizen Aizawa will make All Might to "retire"...
May 8, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2015
Another great episode.

Can't wait for the battle next week
May 8, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
May 8, 2016 4:22 AM

Jul 2014
Hero uniforms!! Deku's looks way better in anime format, I am satisfied. Pissed off Kacchan is win. Can't wait for next episode's

Also Todoroki will finally talk next ep too.
5/5
May 8, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2014
whats up with this kacchan guy, why is he so mad at poor deku, i wanna see history of these two, are they former friends? enemies? :O

i sniff jealousy or something.

dekus uniform XD i cant take it seriously, hope he finds his own style instead of always making himself being shadowed by All-Might.
May 8, 2016 4:55 AM

May 2015
As usual, another great episode. Bakugo is pissed off as fuck, lmao. The uniforms were pretty cool. Sucks that the episode had to end there, but guess it was a good way to end anyway.

May 8, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2013
orosan said:
whats up with this kacchan guy, why is he so mad at poor deku, i wanna see history of these two, are they former friends? enemies? :O

i sniff jealousy or something.

dekus uniform XD i cant take it seriously, hope he finds his own style instead of always making himself being shadowed by All-Might.

there is really nothing complex about kacchan all he wants is to be better(or show that he is better) then everyone

deku is triggering kacchan bc deku the powerless nerd is rivaling him the all powerful soon to be n1

think of kacchan like Gilgamesh "why is that mongrel standing on the same ground as me"
May 8, 2016 5:30 AM

Aug 2015
God, this ending makes me really excited for the next episode, can't wait!!

Especially with Midoriyas handicap I'm not sure whether they can actually do it or not. I think All Might has to cancel the battle because someone gets hurt way too badly.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Oct 2014
20 minutes fly by quick when I'm watching this series O....O

There was barely anything going on in this episode but they always add that one scene that beats everything and that is, Kacchan getting his ass thrown.
May 8, 2016 5:43 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Didn't cry yet again this week =P But amazing episode yet again

This episode perfectly and brilliantly showcased Bakugou and his rage, but man when he and Deku had that little altercation in the building....The emotions coming from both of them as well as dat EPIC OST made me all fucking HYPEDDDDD AND THAT TUNNEL SCENE WAS FUCKIN GOATTTTTTTTTTTT

P.S. My n**** Grape Boy be checking out DEM MOMOS (Her voice makes me wet) like he's supposed to lol
May 8, 2016 5:45 AM

Sep 2014
Im more hyped for this than I was for one puch man.
dekus mom is adorable. Real love there. And one of the very very very rare highschool animes where the parents arent always away.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 8, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2015
Man this Kacchan guy really has a terrible personality, but I guess it makes him interesting.
May 8, 2016 6:01 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I wanna have the OST when they came out of the tunnel.

Most convenient choosing out of a pot ever lol

Next week should be hype.
May 8, 2016 6:23 AM

Apr 2016
Hype , hype and hype for the next episode <3
May 8, 2016 6:28 AM

Feb 2016
So mad they cut it off cant wait for Deku vs Kaachan its gonna be good
I really hope they develop Kaachan in the future I have a soft spot for the overconfident mean types 5/5
May 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode,the music is really good.
the part when Izuku was talking with Ochako about the name that kaachan gave to him was funny
May 8, 2016 6:43 AM

Jul 2015
The biggest stand out for me is the OST. It's incredible, I love every track so far and it's very well placed. This adaption has been beautiful so far, I'm really happy that the series is being treated well.

I can't wait for this fight to be animated. It will finally be time for Bones to truly showcase their knack for fight scenes in this anime. Surely I won't be disappointed!
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 8, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2014
Jeez. Now I have to wait another 7 days >.>
May 8, 2016 6:52 AM

Feb 2013
Wow,so intense!
Deku vs Kacchan.
May 8, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2006
Another fun episode. No highs no lows, but just enough to be a shonen staple. :)
May 8, 2016 7:03 AM

May 2015
Deku's mom is so nice! But the outfit she made looked a little weird. I'm glad that Bakugo destroyed it. It's cool seeing All Might as a teacher. I'm glad that Deku's made friends with Ochako and Iida. And it was so funny how after Ochako said she liked the name Deku, so Deku quickly changed his mind and let her call him that.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
May 8, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2016
Loving every episode!
That resemblance from All Might to Deku's costume was hilARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing.
And the skin-tight bodysuit part?
Kids, we've found Deku's waifu.
have never had a L anime opinion in my life
May 8, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2009
For those shocked by Healing girl's ability
May 8, 2016 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
I have no idea why they keep saying the word "Deku" sounds like "ganbare" they sound nothing alike.

The superhero fan in me loved seeing everyone get their costumes.
May 8, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2015
Loving this anime so far. It's so exciting! Kacchan is really angry, but Izuku won't let him beat him this time! Go Deku! :D
I need the next episode NOW

Anyone else ship Izuku with Uraraka? They're so cute together!
May 8, 2016 7:34 AM

Sep 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
I have no idea why they keep saying the word "Deku" sounds like "ganbare" they sound nothing alike.

The superhero fan in me loved seeing everyone get their costumes.
I thought the same thing but maybe there's another word that means the same thing.

That moment when Deku judo throws Kacchan, HYYYPPPPEEEEE
May 8, 2016 7:44 AM
Aug 2009
This series is simply too awesome!
May 8, 2016 7:49 AM

Dec 2013
Oh hell yeah. Game onnnn! Time for Bakugo to have a taste of his own limitations!

Looking forward to more training and bonding between Deku and the rest of his class. This arc, despite being just training, is one of my favorites.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 8, 2016 7:52 AM

Jun 2014
Yet again, another epic episode. Oh Aizawa, what a troll, but lying to them was for a better cause. It was really cool to see the class in all of their hero outfits, everyone looked pretty damn cool in them. It didn't really get too intense until the end, but next episode should be really good.

Also, lol at Mineta's reaction to Ochako's bodysuit, as well as him staring at Momo's chest when it showed them paired together. Never change, Mineta, never change. I also couldn't help but immediately think of Genos when Iida said "sensei!" and it's even better since it's the same VA.

@amk_2397 @Bobby2Hands They're probably referring to the actual meaning, not the way the words sound. "Ganbare" means "you can do it," while the Japanese verb for "being able to do something" is "dekiru" (I know it's not entirely similar to "Deku" but it's close enough).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 8, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2015
SoManyRainbows said:
Loving this anime so far. It's so exciting! Kacchan is really angry, but Izuku won't let him beat him this time! Go Deku! :D
I need the next episode NOW

Anyone else ship Izuku with Uraraka? They're so cute together!

Izuku x Uraraka needs to happen this season or I'll cry. I don't even need a kiss, just some acknowledgement of feelings.

The angrier Kacchan gets, the more adorable he becomes. Although, like many people, I am also glad that Izuku finally stood up to him. Many feels. I do think that Kacchan's team is going to win the fight though... at least I hope they do. Only because I feel like a bigger Izuku vs Kacchan fight should happen later on, and in that fight, Izuku should win. Save the moment. 11/10 episode tho.
May 8, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
Damn Bakugou needs to chill, lol.
May 8, 2016 8:02 AM
Feb 2016

This episode....
May 8, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
thank you, whoever designed Uraraka's skin-tight costume

oh yeah happy mother's day https://gfycat.com/WetAssuredEquine
May 8, 2016 8:09 AM
Sep 2015
Bakugo is so confident but he won't smile. instead of trying to be better than allmight he should try to be more like him. you can do it!
plus ultra
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.