Forum Settings
Forums

top 3 most annoying One piece characters aka. the 3 people who make you want to say JUST DIE ALREADY! contains spoilers upto #824

New
May 7, 2016 12:11 AM

Nov 2015
One piece is mostly full of wacky and very interesting characters. Most of them are loveable. Others make really cool villains. But of course there are some who, unfortunately, do not belong to either category. So which are the top three characters that you feel should be put to rest already?

This is my list:
1) Spandam: The less said of him the better. In Enies Lobby, he made me appreciate the supercool villain Rob Lucci all the more. Really loved Usopp, franky and Robin's handiwork on him too. But I'd hoped that we'd seen the last of him. and BAM! He's back at the end of Dressrosa.
2) Buggy: A guy who makes a living by namedropping and bluster. Played the role of a key ally in Impel Down and Marineford. So far so good. But a gag character like him becomes annoying fast. In fact, I didn't like him even at Marineford. With a history like his, he's here to stay. And that, for me, is the big problem.
3) Jack the Drought: One of Kaido's top men. has the makings of a good villain that wouldn't go down without a mammoth (pun intended) fight. Then he's pwned offscreen by Tsuru, Isshou and Sengoku. He survives. Ok. THEN he gets flattened by Zunisha and sinks to the bottom of the sea. And STILL, he's lying there and saying "somebody save me!" I know a Main Villain should ideally fight a MC. But isn't this taking things too far? At the current stage, a good villain being taken out by 'other methods' would have been refreshing. So, I literally want him to just die already.
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 7, 2016 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
1) Usopp
2) Smoker
3) Chopper
May 7, 2016 2:21 AM

Nov 2010
Jack can't die know, because we need to get Inu&Neko vs Jack

It just needs to happen. I'll cry if it doesn't

Anyway:

1) Wanze

that's all
May 7, 2016 2:39 AM

Jun 2013
Hm... I don't know I'd say (in no order):
- Chopper, I just don't see how people still call him cute or whatever, he's pretty boring actually and annoying.
- Sanji, because of his nosebleeding thing and over the top way to react when he sees a woman... it was funny a few times, now it got annoying.
- That guy from Enies Lobby he was dumb 'villain' or whatever he was, forgettable character.
May 7, 2016 2:56 AM

Jan 2015
all movie based character

la critique de l'intention pure
May 7, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
Sanji.

Nobody else comes close.
May 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
Jack is so kawaii, how can you dislike him? Such a lovely failure of a villain.

On topic, these are the first that come to mind:

1) Sabo: the fanfic character, Ace 2.0, the expert in pointless fights, Random Amnesia Guy... I liked him as a kid but his comeback has been godawful in every level.
2) Hody: a villain without a past or a motivation beyond killing and destroying. A poor delusional guy with inconsistant plans and actions. The FI arc was a bore mainly because of him.
3) Mohji/Cabaji/Ritchie: please guys, let Buggy do the comedy in the crew. You are not funny. Stop trying too hard.
May 7, 2016 3:18 PM
Jan 2014
jal90 said:
2) Hody: a villain without a past or a motivation beyond killing and destroying. A poor delusional guy with inconsistant plans and actions. The FI arc was a bore mainly because of him.

The thing that made it is now considered bad.. It would have made sense if you just said that he's annoying because his combat skills and tactics were poor but him having no reason for the discrimination was actually what's good.

Best two FI arc pages are because of that. Pretty much the peak point for the whole racism theme.
May 7, 2016 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
@up

agree 100%

Hody's "emptiness" is what made him a good and fitting arc villain.
May 7, 2016 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
jal90 said:
Jack is so kawaii, how can you dislike him? Such a lovely failure of a villain.

On topic, these are the first that come to mind:

1) Sabo: the fanfic character, Ace 2.0, the expert in pointless fights, Random Amnesia Guy... I liked him as a kid but his comeback has been godawful in every level.
3) Mohji/Cabaji/Ritchie: please guys, let Buggy do the comedy in the crew. You are not funny. Stop trying too hard.

Was about to post in the thread but you got them all and for the exact same reasons as mine.
May 7, 2016 9:16 PM

Oct 2010
LitzSabr said:
jal90 said:

The thing that made it is now considered bad.. It would have made sense if you just said that he's annoying because his combat skills and tactics were poor but him having no reason for the discrimination was actually what's good.

Best two FI arc pages are because of that. Pretty much the peak point for the whole racism theme.

I get what they tried to do with Hody, the problem is that in consequence the portrayal of the villain was damaged because he didn't even have a plan or a guideline, and if he did, he didn't care well enough, he just aimed to destroy and cause damage. In a series where villains usually have somewhat sophisticated plans this fell very flat.

Hody is a fine concept, but not a good one to base an entire arc on, specially one as significant and expected as the Fishman Island arc. He would have made a better antagonistic role if he had a solid and understandable goal. Not to mention that his "emptiness" comes across as a poor excuse for his badly thought out plans. One of the problems of Hody is that he doesn't seem to have limits in his moral approach, he is an extremist who would kill his own race in the process to defend it from human influence. You can't have a serious antagonist with that scheme.
jal90May 7, 2016 9:31 PM
May 7, 2016 10:59 PM
Aug 2015
jal90 said:
LitzSabr said:

I get what they tried to do with Hody, the problem is that in consequence the portrayal of the villain was damaged because he didn't even have a plan or a guideline, and if he did, he didn't care well enough, he just aimed to destroy and cause damage. In a series where villains usually have somewhat sophisticated plans this fell very flat.

Hody is a fine concept, but not a good one to base an entire arc on, specially one as significant and expected as the Fishman Island arc. He would have made a better antagonistic role if he had a solid and understandable goal. Not to mention that his "emptiness" comes across as a poor excuse for his badly thought out plans. One of the problems of Hody is that he doesn't seem to have limits in his moral approach, he is an extremist who would kill his own race in the process to defend it from human influence. You can't have a serious antagonist with that scheme.
You are too fixated in the story telling and writing aspect while Oda trying to portray Hody as realistically as possible.
Whether you like him as a villain in a fictional story or not, Oda did a good job portraying racism and discrimination in real life using Hody.

His emptiness is what a racism in real world is all about, you could ask Hitler what did Jewish did to him that made him slaughter them, you could ask Black and White people nowadays why they hate each other, you could ask why Moslem and Christian at each other's throat and the answer is nothing, that's what racism all about, people hate the opposing group just because they thought that what's the right thing to do, people tend to believe something that they heard for the first time and the foundation of the racism is mostly layed down to someone when he is a kid and resulting in an unreasonable hate toward opposing group just because they are told to do so, Hody is no different.

Oda is trying to made Hody as realistic as possible, tho as a fictional character he may lack the appeal and compelling point but still Oda did a good job in portraying what racism all about.
May 7, 2016 11:24 PM

Dec 2015
Anyone who isn't sanji and bartolomeo cause they are GOAT
May 8, 2016 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
jal90 said:

I couldn't say it better, maybe save for calling Sabo a consolation prize after Ace. I hope the manga stays away from him for the next 200 chapters, his whole character is taken entirely from another (bad-written) manga.

Other than that I hope that every scenario with Marco will happen off-screen, because he didn't do jack shit aside from showing up at the War Summit and being a leet phen11xxxxxxxxx, and he's so hyped it's not even funny. Also his yelling is so annoying, I started to look for codes on the internetz which remove him from games he stars in. Spoiler: they don't exist :( I don't know, Vista and Jozu had practically the same role in Marinford, and I'm indifferent to them, but Marco just outrightly pisses me off.
May 8, 2016 2:05 AM

Jun 2011
@BackgroundChara
Well said, couldn't have put it any better. It's one of the many reasons why I really liked Fishman Island, plus the conclusion with the blood transfusion between Luffy and Jimbei. The theme was well handled. People may say that the conclusion was too simple, but in reality, it is THAT simple, people just need to stop hating others for no reason.

Ciara said:
I couldn't say it better, maybe save for calling Sabo a consolation prize after Ace. I hope the manga stays away from him for the next 200 chapters, his whole character is taken entirely from another (bad-written) manga.

Other than that I hope that every scenario with Marco will happen off-screen, because he didn't do jack shit aside from showing up at the War Summit and being a leet phen11xxxxxxxxx, and he's so hyped it's not even funny. Also his yelling is so annoying, I started to look for codes on the internetz which remove him from games he stars in. Spoiler: they don't exist :( I don't know, Vista and Jozu had practically the same role in Marinford, and I'm indifferent to them, but Marco just outrightly pisses me off.
I don't get people who like adult Sabo, but I don't get people who hate him either. He hasn't done anything of resemblance to a proper character, (except for that split moments where he showed deep regret for the loss of Ace, so much that I felt it through my screen) but he hasn't done anything that warrant any hate. I believe he needs more time to establish himself as a character separated from Ace.

Why hate Marco though lol. He has been in the series for only 1 arc, but he is not just that badass blue phoenix. He did do something of significant to the story,
- In a flashback, after Whitebeard welcomed Ace on board, Ace was wondering why the crew loves their pop so much, and it is because of what Marco told Ace that Ace decided to join Whitebeard, and later come to respect the man.

- This is not really what he did, but after Luffy protected Whitebeard from Crocodile, Marco showed some sign of respect for Luffy, that will definitely come in play later on as we know that they are about to form an alliance soon.

There are small moments like these that give life to the characters, though they might not be very memorable.

As for my answer for the topic question, I can't think of anyone on top of my head, most of these characters are likeable enough for me. Going through this thread, I guess I could agree with Jack and Wanze. I know many people love Jack due to his savagery, but he's just plain annoying to me. Having a fun time? Jack interrupts. Think he's gonna do something? Got pwned. This dude talks big but shits the bed every day, to the point I just want him to stay down already. Wanze is just plain annoying, his voice didn't really help too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 8, 2016 3:28 AM

Nov 2015
ziggy_Z said:
1) Usopp
2) Smoker
3) Chopper
metsujin said:
- Chopper, I just don't see how people still call him cute or whatever, he's pretty boring actually and annoying.
- Sanji, because of his nosebleeding thing and over the top way to react when he sees a woman... it was funny a few times, now it got annoying.
- That guy from Enies Lobby he was dumb 'villain' or whatever he was, forgettable character.

Hmm. Chopper? I like the guy. But yeah, he's grown up now, so the 'cute mascot' shit is out of date. Can't hate Smokey. He reminds me of Kuzan a bit now. Not so BA of course. Sanji's habits are irritating but I like his strategic mind. Usopp. Oh well. He's super annoying but Teach, Vivi, Nami and every non-alliance supernova except Kid, Bonney and Drake are right up there with him. Hardly top 3! xP
And @metsujin, that guy from Enies Lobby is right there on top of my list too:)
"There's your truth and there's my truth. As for the Universal Truth - it doesn't exist."
May 9, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
Evarinya said:
ziggy_Z said:
1) Usopp
2) Smoker
3) Chopper
metsujin said:

Hmm. Chopper? I like the guy. But yeah, he's grown up now, so the 'cute mascot' shit is out of date. Can't hate Smokey. He reminds me of Kuzan a bit now. Not so BA of course. Sanji's habits are irritating but I like his strategic mind. Usopp. Oh well. He's super annoying but Teach, Vivi, Nami and every non-alliance supernova except Kid, Bonney and Drake are right up there with him. Hardly top 3! xP
Exactly. Smoker seems like he's trying to be this generations Aokiji, but is just failing. Liked him pre-TS, but now he's just a failure. Tries to be a boss in the beginning of PH, gets humiliated by Law; tries to avenge his squad against Vergo, gets slapped around and decides to steal Law's heart after realising he's shit; tries to stand up against DD, gets neg diff'd and needs be saved by Kuzan himself.

Really? Usopp is so much more annoying than all of them combined x10. Vivi is actually a good character who grew the fuck up by the time her saga ended; Nami is more of a bitch than annoying, and her antics are somewhat amusing; and as for BB, how is he annoying? That guy is a legend! A freaking fantastic written villain. And you can hardly say the other SNe are annoying, when we've only seen so little of them, and of what we have seen (re: Saboady Archipelago), they're dope. Tbh, I reckon Drake is the worst out of the bunch .-. Usopp, however, was only good during the CP9 saga, afterwards he just reverted back to being a shit character, more so than ever after the TS when he shat his pants arriving on Green Bit, albeit he spent more time on a man-eating island which is 100x greater than GB, than he did with the SHC. So yeah, imo, Usopp is the worst relevant character.
May 9, 2016 4:19 PM

May 2015
Evarinya said:

3) Jack the Drought: One of Kaido's top men. has the makings of a good villain that wouldn't go down without a mammoth (pun intended) fight. Then he's pwned offscreen by Tsuru, Isshou and Sengoku. He survives. Ok. THEN he gets flattened by Zunisha and sinks to the bottom of the sea. And STILL, he's lying there and saying "somebody save me!" I know a Main Villain should ideally fight a MC. But isn't this taking things too far? At the current stage, a good villain being taken out by 'other methods' would have been refreshing. So, I literally want him to just die already.

Well, it could be done so he can reappear in the future. Or he stay stuck underwater until the end of the series, could go either way. He's basically already taken out, in some form.

Hody being an empty bad character as a reflection of the real word really shows that Oda's strength really is his characters. But..I wouldn't say that makes for a very interesting character. Arlong Park wasn't good because of Arlong soley, more than half is because of Nami.

Now, while Hody IS a knockoff Arlong(https://youtu.be/ZvkjewgF8GQ?t=6s), same applies to FI(even if it's no Arlong Park), Fishman Island is a good arc for everything else it has besides Hody. And it's got plenty of stuff, Jinbei flashback, Otohime, that blood transfusion thing, so it's not a bad arc or anything. Sanji aside.

Ceasar's seemed to follow the trail of " bad ideals and evil" as Hody did before, but he's much more fun as a prisoner. And you might as well group Punk Hazard as a mini-arc relative to 100-chapter Dressrosa in which he spent the majority of the time not being one-dimensional. And chopper wasn't bad.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 9, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
At the moment Blackbeard's the only surviving non-shit character.
End Zionazism
May 9, 2016 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
Hating Usopp, Nami or Vivi. That's some fighting talk >:(!

BackgroundChara said:
jal90 said:

You are too fixated in the story telling and writing aspect while Oda trying to portray Hody as realistically as possible.
Whether you like him as a villain in a fictional story or not, Oda did a good job portraying racism and discrimination in real life using Hody.

His emptiness is what a racism in real world is all about, you could ask Hitler what did Jewish did to him that made him slaughter them, you could ask Black and White people nowadays why they hate each other, you could ask why Moslem and Christian at each other's throat and the answer is nothing, that's what racism all about, people hate the opposing group just because they thought that what's the right thing to do, people tend to believe something that they heard for the first time and the foundation of the racism is mostly layed down to someone when he is a kid and resulting in an unreasonable hate toward opposing group just because they are told to do so, Hody is no different.

Oda is trying to made Hody as realistic as possible, tho as a fictional character he may lack the appeal and compelling point but still Oda did a good job in portraying what racism all about.

I get that point and also @ToG25thBaam's. The problem to me is that he was too... transient to be a villain that gets so much focus. I get the point at making an extremist character but I'm not sure that this attempt at realism actually sits well with the mood of the show, specially with the usual trend of villains who have more elaborate plans and are more consistant with their own agenda. Remember that Hody wanted his race to wipe the humans and ended up trying to wipe his race, all in the same day in the time span of a few hours. He was uninteresting because he was more of an idea put in a character than a character himself, at some point he was just there to antagonize everything we could consider remotely "good" or morally redeemable in that arc. I felt that his emptiness was used as an excuse for that, and it didn't sound at all sincere to me.
jal90May 9, 2016 6:02 PM
May 10, 2016 6:08 AM
Aug 2015
jal90 said:

BackgroundChara said:

I get that point and also @ToG25thBaam's. The problem to me is that he was too... transient to be a villain that gets so much focus. I get the point at making an extremist character but I'm not sure that this attempt at realism actually sits well with the mood of the show, specially with the usual trend of villains who have more elaborate plans and are more consistant with their own agenda. Remember that Hody wanted his race to wipe the humans and ended up trying to wipe his race, all in the same day in the time span of a few hours. He was uninteresting because he was more of an idea put in a character than a character himself, at some point he was just there to antagonize everything we could consider remotely "good" or morally redeemable in that arc. I felt that his emptiness was used as an excuse for that, and it didn't sound at all sincere to me.
I wouldn't call his emptiness an excuse but more a realistical take into his character, extremist exist everywhere in this world and being empty is necessary to be extreme, you can't be an extremist if you had even a tiny little bit of humanity in you, his emptiness is necessary for him to be able to go that far and hence why it is called extreme.

The bolded part is what makes it more interesting because that's what exactly happen to Nazi's, they want to wipe the jew but ended up killing more of their own man in the process whether it's something intentional or not, the irony of it even gave birth to some funny conspiracy theory.

But all in all, I get what you are trying to say, from writing and narrative standpoint, Hody is nothing more than a one dimensional character that only purpose is to introduce an ideology, antagonize everyone and anyone and become Luffy punching bag, but Oda manage to get his message across thanks to him so...
May 10, 2016 6:23 AM

Dec 2012
jal90 said:

Why do you like Vivi? she is very bland and forgettable. Did nothing but got saved by her enemies.
May 10, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2011
Usopp

Sanji

Brook

useless characters and very annoying, they stopped mattering 500 episodes ago. Wish the author knew what to do with them, but he doesn't.
May 10, 2016 7:16 AM

Jan 2010
There is a lot of hate here for my man Sanji, which is interesting considering he got 4th on the latest fan poll. Anyway my list would be:

1. Enel - A lot of people want him to come back but I really don't see the need, maybe that is because I don't like his character. The crew could potentially learn what he learned on the moon when they reach Raftel.
2. Helmeppo - Coby is going to be the guy to climb the Marine ranks and be someone by the end of the story so what is Helmeppo's purpose? Tag along guy? To make Coby look stronger
3. Sentomaru - This guy used to be Vegapunk's body guard, which made me think he may help introduce us to the good Dr., but now that he is a VA what is his purpose in the story?

BartolomeoOP said:
Anyone who isn't sanji and bartolomeo cause they are GOAT
These are my two favorite One Piece characters as well! XD
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 10, 2016 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
jal90 said:

Why do you like Vivi? she is very bland and forgettable. Did nothing but got saved by her enemies.

Are you seriously measuring the weight of a character by the amount of ass they kick? Come on tsud.

Vivi unveiled the whole structure of the Baroque Works organization. Leave her out of the equation and you have Crocodile taking down Alabasta before Cobra notices. She also takes credit for basically stopping the war, and she was one of the major factors who avoided a disaster in Alubarna.

The only thing she didn't do in the end was defeating Crocodile. And even in that she had a role.

But leaving that talk about usefulness aside, the series has a big enough focus on Vivi's psychological processes to simply dismiss her as a bland and forgettable character; remember her actions in Drum, the retrospective view of Dalton, her choice about Nami's state. Her gradual increase of confidence with the Straw Hats, her relationship with Nami and later with Luffy. Her moment of realization in the desert of Alabasta. And all of that by displaying some of the strongest willpower levels in the series and a quite unusual ability to stomach stuff and make rational decisions in emotionally compromising situations.

Vivi is a character who happens to be very well-treated by Oda, and got relatively big amounts of continuous emotional and narrative focus to put her in context and develop her situation. If you call her bland and forgettable you can call the entirety of the One Piece characters bland and forgettable for that matter, because it's difficult to find one Oda has put more effort on.
May 10, 2016 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
jal90 said:
tsudecimo said:

Are you seriously measuring the weight of a character by the amount of ass they kick? Come on tsud.

Vivi unveiled the whole structure of the Baroque Works organization. Leave her out of the equation and you have Crocodile taking down Alabasta before Cobra notices. She also takes credit for basically stopping the war, and she was one of the major factors who avoided a disaster in Alubarna.

The only thing she didn't do in the end was defeating Crocodile. And even in that she had a role.

But leaving that talk about usefulness aside, the series has a big enough focus on Vivi's psychological processes to simply dismiss her as a bland and forgettable character; remember her actions in Drum, the retrospective view of Dalton, her choice about Nami's state. Her gradual increase of confidence with the Straw Hats, her relationship with Nami and later with Luffy. Her moment of realization in the desert of Alabasta. And all of that by displaying some of the strongest willpower levels in the series and a quite unusual ability to stomach stuff and make rational decisions in emotionally compromising situations.

Vivi is a character who happens to be very well-treated by Oda, and got relatively big amounts of continuous emotional and narrative focus to put her in context and develop her situation. If you call her bland and forgettable you can call the entirety of the One Piece characters bland and forgettable for that matter, because it's difficult to find one Oda has put more effort on.

I didn't mean battle wise lol, otherwise I would have question ussop and Nami as well.

I'm also not talking about usefulness. Just relevancy and involvement in the story, while being interesting. Only thing I remember from her is being in baroque works, somehow became friends with the crew, cried a couple of times about her country, and then the crew saved Alabasta. Basically the same as Nami while not being as interesting as Nami or integral.

Don't really see it unless she appeared again after marineford or something, which I didn't read. Don't see how she had more emotional focus than any other character with a sad past, and her past wasn't even that sad as I don't remember it like I remember Nami's. If she wasn't there the crew wouldn't encounter Alabasta but I don't think that necessarily means she had a strong narrative focus.

I can barely remember any traits of her personality. She just seems like a normal good person. And I don't think she has any chemistry with other characters. Actually I remember her bird more than her, hence why I described her as bland and forgettable.
May 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
jal90 said:

I didn't mean battle wise lol, otherwise I would have question ussop and Nami as well.

I'm also not talking about usefulness. Just relevancy and involvement in the story, while being interesting. Only thing I remember from her is being in baroque works, somehow became friends with the crew, cried a couple of times about her country, and then the crew saved Alabasta. Basically the same as Nami while not being as interesting as Nami or integral.

Don't really see it unless she appeared again after marineford or something, which I didn't read. Don't see how she had more emotional focus than any other character with a sad past, and her past wasn't even that sad as I don't remember it like I remember Nami's. If she wasn't there the crew wouldn't encounter Alabasta but I don't think that necessarily means she had a strong narrative focus.

I can barely remember any traits of her personality. She just seems like a normal good person. And I don't think she has any chemistry with other characters. Actually I remember her bird more than her, hence why I described her as bland and forgettable.

And yet, her personality plays a very relevant role in the arc. She is mainly described as diplomatic, which in an arc that bears a strong emotional weight to her ends up being a measure of endurance. She is praised by various characters for her ability to find rational solutions to conflicts and reprehended by Luffy due to her tendency to absorb the suffering of an entire country and not let anybody else help her with that. She learns to rely on the Straw Hats and realize that she can't take this whole thing alone, which is a strong moment of character growth.

Also, the crew saved Alabasta, but Vivi was part of that crew. Her decisions and acts were very relevant. The arc does not just consist of the five individual fights, you know. Specially when the state of war is already triggered.

And involvement in the story, well what the hell. Please watch or read the arc again. That's the only thing I can say. If you think that she was just a transient and passive element in the whole Baroque saga then you simply didn't pay enough attention. I can get the point of her not being a funny or quirky character, unlike the Straw Hats or Carue, but she had a lot of focus, she played a very relevant and active role, and she made choices that mattered a lot in the course of the conflict.
jal90May 10, 2016 11:52 AM
May 10, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2015
Valaskjalf said:
Usopp

Sanji

Brook

useless characters and very annoying, they stopped mattering 500 episodes ago. Wish the author knew what to do with them, but he doesn't.

Usopp in Dressrosa? Sanji being literally the main character that's not Luffy at the moment?

Poor Brook gets no attention these days though, admittedly. But you can call just about any straw-hat "useless" if you want to, they all do the same thing.

tsudecimo said:

she was the reason for everything that happened in the baroque works arc asides drum island. she was the central protagonist for the whole of Alabasta*. She was more or less a (temporary, obviously) straw-hat since the beginning of Baroque works.

*aside Luffy obviously

Everyone rags on Vivi for crying because her childhood freind is waging civil war against her country, fine, but she was relevant in every way imaginable. You're forgetting like half of the baroque works arc chapters.. Actually, all of them.
ashfrliebertMay 10, 2016 12:48 PM
May 10, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2010
Dahaka_ said:
Jack can't die know, because we need to get Inu&Neko vs Jack

It just needs to happen. I'll cry if it doesn't

Anyway:

1) Wanze

that's all

Goddman, it's been like half a year since Dressrosa ended and I have already erased Rebecca from my memory, lol.

I'm adding her to the list, so now it's
1) Wanze
2) Rebecca

fucking hate her
May 10, 2016 6:51 PM

Jun 2011
^ lol add me to that list, already forgot about Diamante, Pica, and the guy whom name skipped me at the moment, that's how weak and irrelevant they were other than stalling for time. Oh ya, Trebol. Never felt so meh about the villains except for the main antagonist of the arc. Jack seems like a Godsend compared to them. Trebol had some great moments of being manipulative in the flashback, I'll give him that, but he spent majority of the present time being annoyingly 1 dimensional as hell.. Pica and Diamante didn't have any personality to call their own, and were just copy pasta of other generic so-evil baddies.

I don't mind Rebecca though, aside from all the fanservices.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 12, 2016 5:14 AM

Oct 2011
I just want Blackbeard to die already... he's just that good as a villain, I hate him with a passion.
May 14, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2015
I didn't like Rebecca's character arc because it was built in just about every way to be that she was gonna go from the crybaby to someone who'd step up and defeat diamante....and than she didn't, even if there was more development on Kyros part there.

Vivi was NOT built up this way and even than she did as much as she could.

But I don't get the hate itself personally, she cries and so what. I completely understand annoying, but I'd figure the crying would go in the opposite direction of hate.
May 14, 2016 7:36 PM

Mar 2014
Probably every Sky island villain except Enel.
May 18, 2016 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
bellamy
rebecca
Emporio Ivankov
May 19, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2014
Usopp - nami - Brook - Sabo
May 19, 2016 5:44 AM

Jun 2012
No haterino on Usopp, please, he is objectively best Straw Hat.

1. Rebecca
2. Riku
3. Wapol

Nobody else really comes to mind. Guys like Spandam, Wanze, and Caesar are at least intentionally annoying as hell but I'm expected to sympathize with Rebecca and her family. With the exception of Kyros (and to a smaller extent Viola) they don't even have any memorable characteristics aside from being victims, where at least guys like Ganfall and Genzo were likable in their own right. The Riku family is like the tsudecimo wet dream of bad One Piece characters. Thankfully the Minks make up for them tenfold.

Wapol because he's my least favorite arc villain by far and aside from Oda being creative with his abilities there's really nothing interesting about him. He's not even a fun meme villain like Buggy or Foxy.

Sabo is an honorable mention. He just doesn't feel like a character to me, everything about him from his dialogue to his powers just screams "fanserivce" and all the extra promotion he's getting in the games/anime certainly doesn't help. His hatred against all affiliates of the World Government might cause an interesting conflict in the future, but for now if he were to just disappear from the story entirely I doubt I'd even notice.
May 19, 2016 7:43 AM

May 2015
oscar8784 said:
Usopp - nami - Brook - Sabo

Lol, it's understandable but it's always weird to me that people can somehow tolerate a character they hate for 800 chapters and who's going to appear for 800 more. Much less three!

But I guess it's doable I suppose.

It was pretty obvious as soon as the flashback came up Sabo wasn't dead, whether or not that made it okay is something else though.

Sabo has no development, but aside from the mera mera fruit I don't understand how you can make the argument Sabo is like Ace at all. He is barely a character, let's be honest.
ashfrliebertMay 20, 2016 10:18 AM
May 19, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2016
Vivi.

SO ANNOYING. People keep complaining about Shirahoshi and Rebecca, but Vivi was pretty much the same. I hate that she's back... and PLEASE ODA, DON'T MAKE HER NAKAMA
May 19, 2016 9:02 AM
Oct 2013
Evarinya said:
One piece is mostly full of wacky and very interesting characters. Most of them are loveable. Others make really cool villains. But of course there are some who, unfortunately, do not belong to either category. So which are the top three characters that you feel should be put to rest already?

This is my list:
1) Spandam: The less said of him the better. In Enies Lobby, he made me appreciate the supercool villain Rob Lucci all the more. Really loved Usopp, franky and Robin's handiwork on him too. But I'd hoped that we'd seen the last of him. and BAM! He's back at the end of Dressrosa.

This guy is by a landslide the worst thing to ever come out of the series.
Maybe not in the manga, but the way the Anime handled him was so terrible that I nearly ragequitted it.

Goofy villains are excuseable, if they are bad, the joke just failed and it´s fine.
Bad villains usually go away and are forgotten.
This guy was like a huge zit on my ass.
May 19, 2016 5:42 PM

Mar 2014
Kaimon said:
No haterino on Usopp, please, he is objectively best Straw Hat.
The kek is strong with this one.
May 20, 2016 12:37 AM
Jan 2015
1) Spandam
2) Enel
3) Rebecca

I didn't hate the other 2 as much as Spandam , only at the point of annoying..that's all.. even death won't be enough to people like Spandam though
May 20, 2016 11:26 AM
Jun 2010
Ciara said:
jal90 said:

Which bad written manga?

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
May 20, 2016 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
ashfrliebert said:
Sabo has no development, but aside from the mera mera fruit I don't understand how you can make the argument Sabo is like Ace at all. He is barely a character, let's be honest.

Certainly, he is a walking reminder of Ace however and that was my take, that his most defining traits are that he has been reproducing the position Ace had when he was introduced in the story. So far he's been basically a source of parallelisms that Oda obviously wants us to notice.
May 20, 2016 3:37 PM
Oct 2013
jal90 said:

Certainly, he is a walking reminder of Ace however and that was my take, that his most defining traits are that he has been reproducing the position Ace had when he was introduced in the story. So far he's been basically a source of parallelisms that Oda obviously wants us to notice.

Well, why that´s certainly true there is more to both characters and at the same time there´s not much to them to begin with.

Both characters had only limited screentime and development during their adulthood.
The few things we learned were, that both of them value their loved ones and are especially protective over Luffy because they lost a brother, both are badasses and both have quirks to them, who they share with Luffy.
Ace falling asleep while he eats and Sabo being selfish and reckless.

Their actual defining traits are highlighted during their childhoods and even some of them are absent on their adult versions. Ace isn´t mean or even just harsh to Luffy anymore because he has grown to accept and even love him. While Sabo didn´t change, because he was the kind older brother from the getgo and just remained the same.
There is no indicative difference between the two because they have very shallow personalities. A trait they share with Luffy. Most of Ace´s development is tied to his heritage and at maximum covers the content of the first three chapters of Naruto.
IsterioMay 20, 2016 5:31 PM
May 20, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2013
1- Luffy: Buggy should be the pirate king.

2- Zoro: nowadays all he does is cutting things and getting lost. Mihawk becoming his mentor makes his quest to become the best swordsman in the world uninteresting.

3- Every noble.
May 26, 2016 11:18 AM
May 2016
sanji or zorro 100%
May 28, 2016 12:05 AM

Apr 2015
Franky - i dont really like him from the beggining, and i still dont like him until now. his very character is annoying. i want him dead

Brook - i want him dead for real
internet is a cruel mistress
May 29, 2016 6:10 PM

May 2015
pakyu said:

Brook - i want him dead for real

But he's already dead!
Jan 18, 2017 3:22 AM
Dec 2016
MISS VALENTINE HER STUPID LAUGH MADE ME ANGRY
Apr 16, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Franky , rebecca and Usopp even soo the shooting scene in dressrosa was nice
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Apr 22, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.