Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
Also known as the place you rant about how bad MAL is without the side panel. XD

I'll begin. When I came on this afternoon, unsuspecting of any of this, I about had a heart attack when I loaded the page. I do not take changes to websites well, I've noticed. So, yeah, I tried refreshing the page, hoping it would go away. Didn't work. I tried going to an old link to the site, hoping the cookies preserved it. Didn't work. And finally, I tried going about my business as usual, trying to ignore it. Didn't work.

Annoyances I have now:
  • Every time I refresh a MAL page, the entire Internet page(s) shuts down, disappears, and takes 5 minutes to come back.
  • The page is waaay to wide! It plays tricks on my eyes.
  • I know I'm on MAL, so the giant logo rubbed in my face every time I come on... Not needed.
  • Those bubbles. What the hell are they for? I feel like I'm on some kiddie game site with them.
  • And the big one. MY SIDE PANEL, DAMN IT, WHERE IS IT?!?!?!

Your turn, guys. ^.^
KasaraEm13Jan 12, 2010 4:37 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2010 4:22 PM

May 2009
the freaking BUBBLES!!!!!

Came to a claim club only to find all your favorite characters are taken? Then this is the club for you! No "One-Time Claim" rule! Click to find out more HERE, at AC!
Jan 12, 2010 4:23 PM

May 2009
and, lack of side panel. even more than the bubbles.. that means something O.O

Came to a claim club only to find all your favorite characters are taken? Then this is the club for you! No "One-Time Claim" rule! Click to find out more HERE, at AC!
Jan 12, 2010 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
KasaraEm13 said:
Also known as the place you rant about how bad MAL is without the side panel. XD

I'll begin. When I came on this afternoon, unsuspecting of any of this, I about had a heart attack when I loaded the page. I do not take changes to websites well, I've noticed. So, yeah, I tried refreshing the page, hoping it would go away. Didn't work. I tried going to an old link to the site, hoping the cookies preserved it. Didn't work. And finally, I tried going about my business as usual, trying to ignore it. Didn't work.

Annoyances I have now:
  • Every time I refresh a MAL page, the entire Internet page(s) shuts down, disappears, and takes 5 minutes to come back.
  • I know I'm on MAL, so the giant logo rubbed in my face every time I come on... Not needed.
  • And the big one. MY SIDE PANEL, DAMN IT, WHERE IT IT?!?!?!

Your turn, guys. ^.^

I have 3 out of 4 of those tributes..XD
But anyway...I AGREE!!!
Jan 12, 2010 4:24 PM

Sep 2009
Rubberducki said:

This.

Jan 12, 2010 4:26 PM

Sep 2008
When i came home from school, and turned on my lappy to go to MAL.. I was completely shocked. i thought it was only my lappy lagging but it wasnt !! im so mad >:( the layout looks so plain and blank. AND the side panel! WHERE IS IT?!?! BRING IT BACK! the side panel was an easier nav cuz the links are only a one click away ! arghh !
audiophile."You only get to live once, so live every single day like its last.

Jan 12, 2010 4:27 PM

Aug 2009
RAWR!!!!!!!

Lol. There's my rant. And just because I haven't been able to use this for a while:

I hereby give this club my...

Jan 12, 2010 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
Rubberducki said:

This times infinity.

Nov 2009
The page is absolutely too wide and I miss my side panel ._.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider

Oct 2009
KasaraEm13 said:

Annoyances I have now:
  • Those bubbles. What the hell are they for? I feel like I'm on some kiddie game site with them.
  • And the big one. MY SIDE PANEL, DAMN IT, WHERE IT IT?!?!?!

Your turn, guys. ^.^
-Risa- said:
Rubberducki said:

This.

All of these. Plus, MAL was already big (my screen resolution is really low because my monitor is a little jacked up and fuzzy), and now the MAL web page is TOO BIG!!!!
Jan 12, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2009
Anise_Punter said:
YES

Jan 12, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2009
HakuKakashi90 said:
All of these. Plus, MAL was already big (my screen resolution is really low because my monitor is a little jacked up and fuzzy), and now the MAL web page is TOO BIG!!!!
i am terribly sorry. that SUCKS. even more than for the rest of ut XD

Jan 12, 2010 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
Ryoto said:
RAWR!!!!!!!

Lol. There's my rant. And just because I haven't been able to use this for a while:

I hereby give this club my...

This is the second time I've gotten his approval. ^.^
Jan 12, 2010 4:36 PM

Jun 2009
I hate this new style The old one was hell better
DAMN CHANGES
cant they just leave it as it where all the time
BAKKA

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Jan 12, 2010 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
KasaraEm13 said:
Rubberducki said:

This times infinity.

Agreed...
Jan 12, 2010 4:41 PM

May 2008
...Everything that isn't the old MAL :]

Jan 12, 2010 4:42 PM

May 2009
KayChan4U said:
...Everything that isn't the old MAL :]
*nods* mmhmmm. *nods 50 more times*

Jan 12, 2010 4:47 PM

Sep 2009
MidnightSky said:
KasaraEm13 said:
Rubberducki said:

This times infinity.

Agreed...

You guys.

Night mal.

The only reason I got it... No bubbles.
Jan 12, 2010 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
MidnightSky said:
KasaraEm13 said:
Rubberducki said:

This times infinity.

Agreed...
KasaraEm13 said:

Annoyances I have now:
  • And the big one. MY SIDE PANEL, DAMN IT, WHERE IS IT?!?!?!

All of these things I hate about the new changes :/
Jan 12, 2010 4:49 PM

May 2009
what is this so called 'night mal' ??

Jan 12, 2010 4:53 PM

Jun 2009
I came on all happy looking to update my reading of 20th Century Boys and it was like being punched in the face.

What happened to my MAL? I used to be able to navigate the page with ease and now I am confused about so many things. I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow and this was all a bad dream.

Oh and Community & Industry don't work for me. I'm also having a hell of a time trying to update anything.

I don't see any bubbles .. so I am unaware of what that refers to, but it sounds dumb.
Jan 12, 2010 4:58 PM

May 2009
MikedyMike said:
I came on all happy looking to update my reading of 20th Century Boys and it was like being punched in the face.

What happened to my MAL? I used to be able to navigate the page with ease and now I am confused about so many things. I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow and this was all a bad dream.

Oh and Community & Industry don't work for me. I'm also having a hell of a time trying to update anything.

I don't see any bubbles .. so I am unaware of what that refers to, but it sounds dumb.
thats odd .. same with me. they link to the page im currently on ..

your screen resolution is too small. lucky. there are bubbles in the extra space on the side. bubbles o.O

Jan 12, 2010 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
Anise_Punter said:

THIS

Rubberducki said:
your screen resolution is too small. lucky. there are bubbles in the extra space on the side. bubbles o.O

My resolution ends with the page. There's only like half centimeter extra space. But I see the bubbles above so I can imagine.

I HATE THIS WIDE THINGGGG! WIDE AND WHITE!!! DOESN'T ANYBODY THINK 'BOUT PEOPLE'S EYES?! WE'RE DYING IN HERE!!! T______________T

Oh, and yeah, THAT FLASHY BIG LOGO AIN'T HELPING EITHER, FOLKS! >_<
Jan 12, 2010 5:24 PM
Feb 2008
Removing that sidebar was basically a nono
Jan 12, 2010 5:26 PM

May 2009
fejuto said:
Removing that sidebar was basically a nono
a 'nono' lol. yep. very big nono

Jan 12, 2010 5:39 PM

Apr 2009
BRING BACK THE SIDE PANEL NAO! ;_;

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Jan 12, 2010 5:47 PM

Jun 2009
Rubberducki

your screen resolution is too small. lucky. there are bubbles in the extra space on the side. bubbles o.O[/quote said:

i hate the bubbles and the screens 2 white it hurts my eyes
"Just like a person holding a sword trying to protect something. That maybe one's life, or place in society, or reputation, things that one loves, things that one believes; it matters not if it's good or bad, the will to 'protect it' does not change."- yoruichi
Jan 12, 2010 8:56 PM

May 2009
... When I logged on today, I was really shocked... I was staring and the giant "MyAnimeList." Then I noticed that the side panel is GONE D: It's at the top. Reminds me of myspace.
Jan 13, 2010 5:27 AM

Jan 2009
It's too freakin' wide.
The big "MyAnimeList" logo. Rly why? My eyes hurts.
Ah... those bubbles.
MALU doesn't work. >.> Shana keeps screaming "Urusai!" at me when i try to open it.
I simply want the side panel back.
Jan 13, 2010 6:24 AM

Dec 2007
The logo is fine and I hardly notice the bobbles , but I want the side panel back, WHY IS IT GONE!?
Jan 13, 2010 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Mikitea said:
BRING BACK THE SIDE PANEL NAO! ;_;

Seconded.

I mean: Why did they change the layout? The old was just fine!
Jan 13, 2010 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
KasaraEm13 said:
The page is waaay to wide! It plays tricks on my eyes.

To mine too. O_O
For me it looks like a bug in MAL. O__O
==============

SIDE PANEL. ;_;
It was so much easier. :'(

I agree to the person who said that this site (I'm now calling MAL "this site" because all of a sudden I was estranged to it) looks like MySpace. Because of those navis.
brandonboon said:
Rubberducki said:

i hate the bubbles and the screens 2 white it hurts my eyes

The screen was always white. O_o
==============
*NIGHT MAL=a MAL theme. Makes MAL black all around instead of the white stuff.

Jan 13, 2010 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
Does anyone have a screenshot of how the old layout looked like? so I can sit back and look at it and reminisce about the good ol' days while I'm drinking.
Jan 13, 2010 7:52 AM

Sep 2009
Hm, I think it's too wide- I especially changed my pictures on my profile, and now it looks awful... I just wasted my time -.-
And one more thing- side panel was much more easier and I knew when someone sent me message.

I want my side panel back!

Polscy fani, łączcie się^^"
Jan 13, 2010 8:05 AM

Jan 2008
Filleraol said:
Does anyone have a screenshot of how the old layout looked like? so I can sit back and look at it and reminisce about the good ol' days while I'm drinking.

There's this...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=26368&show=20#msg1123199

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 13, 2010 8:26 AM

Jun 2009
@EM: yes it was white but there is even more white i hate white its so boring
"Just like a person holding a sword trying to protect something. That maybe one's life, or place in society, or reputation, things that one loves, things that one believes; it matters not if it's good or bad, the will to 'protect it' does not change."- yoruichi
Jan 13, 2010 9:32 AM

Oct 2009
i completely agree with what everyone's been saying

but what irks me is that this came with NO NOTICE at all
(or maybe there was and i wasn't paying attention?? o_O)
shouldn't there have a notice telling his the the look will change or something

well anyway.... i so miss the side panel.
it was way more convenient at the side rather than the top
and i liked seeing everything at once right away
it was easier to see new pages
a "top" panel= VERY inefficient

hard to believe, but i know some people actually like the new layout....
(look like facebook or myspace... o_O)

so i think a suggestion would be for MAL to make a toggle button or something
then users who like old view (US!!) can see our beloved side panel
and users who like new view can use the top panel

perfect solution, right?
Jan 13, 2010 9:37 AM

Jan 2008
Kit said:
Filleraol said:

There's this...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=26368&show=20#msg1123199

Thanks!
Jan 13, 2010 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
the bubbles have gone ^^ i'm so happy
Jan 13, 2010 6:03 PM

Apr 2008
I really don't like the way it look or works, it's really annoying

Jan 13, 2010 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
the new look is ok but the other one is classic(idk what to say) its easier to use like you don't have to wait and stuff...........
haaa....
Jan 13, 2010 9:01 PM

Sep 2009
I've only found one thing I rather like...

When you click on 'clubs' it always used to take you to your invites, and then you'd have to click another link to get to the actual clubs you're in.

Now, you don't have to do that.
Jan 13, 2010 9:43 PM

May 2009
brokenrose said:
going off on that idea .. the only thing i like .. is .. when you have 66554 messages, up by 'profile,' it said '(!)' ..

and thats it :)

Jan 13, 2010 9:49 PM

Aug 2009
Rubberducki said:
brokenrose said:
going off on that idea .. the only thing i like .. is .. when you have 66554 messages, up by 'profile,' it said '(!)' ..

The only thing I like is... the white background. >.>
Jan 14, 2010 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
KasaraEm13 said:
Rubberducki said:
brokenrose said:

The only thing I like is... the white background. >.>

Lulz. :D

Jan 14, 2010 9:36 AM
Dec 2008
Mods and those who like the new layout said "wait and you'll like it" so I waited screaming here but... THIS STAYS DAMN FUCKIN' ANNOYING!
Jan 16, 2010 12:32 AM

Dec 2008
when i enter MAL its easily to login with side panel..
but when there is no side panel, its hard to login because i must put my username back and password everytime i enter MAL
Jan 16, 2010 4:29 PM

Sep 2009
*signed* now its harder to click on it.. it was easier wit the side panel
Jan 17, 2010 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
... you guys wanna know something?
Jan 17, 2010 11:07 AM

Sep 2009
KokoroChan said:
... you guys wanna know something?

Downloaded a script thing?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Bring Back the Side Panel Petition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KasaraEm13 - Jan 12, 2010

321 by Ashi-nyan »»
May 19, 2011 9:04 AM

» New Member Cards! **CLOSED** ( 1 2 3 )

brokenrose - Jan 13, 2010

130 by amukid08 »»
Apr 24, 2010 2:53 AM

» Donate Graphics! ( 1 2 )

KasaraEm13 - Jan 12, 2010

62 by 19leon95 »»
Feb 18, 2010 3:55 AM

» Member Cards [CLOSED] ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Risa- - Jan 12, 2010

198 by -Risa- »»
Jan 28, 2010 1:29 PM

» Finished Member Cards

Ryoto - Jan 12, 2010

42 by SpookyXIV »»
Jan 23, 2010 10:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.