Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 11, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
Crazy episode. Well, I guess it's to be expected with this animu. For a moment I was really hoping crazy execution bitch would be the next to go, I can't stand how they still seriously listen to her, even though it's clear as day she is one of the most mentally disturbed in the group. But, oh well, I won't miss glasses jerk either. Assuming he's really gone.

Now, I know it's not supposed to be funny, they're being chased by elements from really bad experiences, but... A giant blob of silicone? Really dude? WTF.
May 11, 2016 12:03 PM
May 2013
i think Mitsumune isn't his name , in Episode 1 Hayato said : what's with your name (Mitsumune) or somthing like that , later in the same episode Masaki tells him that she likes his name then he cries , i think that's weird enough.
May 11, 2016 12:30 PM
Dec 2014
Well it got even worse than previous episodes were hinting..

And maybe there's something wrong with me because when I heard word Oppai, first thing which came into my mind was Saitama's T-shirt.
May 11, 2016 2:20 PM
Dec 2012
seizonsha said:

I also didn't quite get why lovepon immediately went towards "execution" as her mode of release. Did she even TRY to talk to anybody?! One neighbour closing the door on her doesn't really equal social abandonment on a level that requires her to become a sociopath...

And by the way...Masaki is a ghost...maybe...because Koharun did research on her, without ever announcing that she planned anything like that or had doubts on her...

I completely agree regarding Lovepon. Her Mother definitely had a poor excuse. All those years and she couldn't attempt to get a job while he's beating your daughter. I could understand the girl being twisted, but not her never trying to reach out or try to do for herself once she got to be a teenager. Been to Japan and the independence level of even elementary school kids is quite impressive. Most of all, why stand there close enough to watch him fall on the bottle where he could catch up to you at his weight?

Regarding Masaki, if you ever watch til the very end, you may remember the chick in the yellow hoodie recalling that Masaki actually puked on the bus. This might have been the end of episode 3. They brought up her being a ghost in ep.5. I was wondering why that mattered then. Ghosts don't vomit.
May 11, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
... And then, when people will ask what was the weirdest anime I saw, I'll go on and tell them "well, you see, there was this one series in which one of the characters was chased by a gigantic silicon boob and that was apparently scary as shit", and they won't be able to beat this one, not even in a thousand years*.

Seriously though, how can one write something like that, look at the script and say "yeah, this is it, this gonna be good"?

* nah, I'm actually pretty sure there are weirder anime than Mayoiga, but come on. Silicon boob. SILICON. BOOB. I just... I just can't.
May 11, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2009
I actually liked this ep. And I feel bad both for Lovepon and Nyanta. And a bit for Mikage though I still dislike him. Didn't actually expect Masaki to be a ghost. Maybe Mitsumune is also a ghost or something? :D I mean the flashback in ep. 1 and now in the preview...
May 11, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't get the idea that Misaki was a ghost. And, I honestly font get how nearly everyone thinks she is. Nothing in all of this weirdness that I am seeing, is suggesting that she is dead.
Has something to do with this crap? Yes.
Possibly the missing girl from the village? Yes.
Knows what's happening? Yup!
May feel (or be) that she is the reason for all of this (or feel responsibility for it).... YES!
Dead...? No. I have seen nothing to suggest it.

The military guy. That's just unbelievably stupid. So stupid it is beyond words. Seriously...... Implants? Really? He just needs to die. He's so stupid.
It would have made more sense if his fear was of boobs, and it was because his Aunt Tilly had huge ones and smothered him in suffocating hugs....

My grandfather had flat feet in ww2.
He couldn't get into the military at first because of that.
He kept harassing the recruiter and was finally let in anyway. Couldn't military/boob implant guy just try that? Or find a rack and stretch himself?

The cat/bee girl. She's already annoying. Has been annoying me for some time. Could she have done something other than piss off the bullies? I don't know, like get help? Report them?
I was severely bullied in school. To the point of being suicidal. But, really, she was not in a bad enough situation where that's all she could do. Unless there's more to her lame background than what we saw.

Lovpon. The same thing. Why did she seek no help? Yeah, he was a priest. And..…. its not like there are any.... bad....... >_>........ priests.... Anywhere.... Right..... >_>........ <_<... Anyone........... >_>........ <_<............
Yeaaaaah.......
There was nothing else she could do, aside from uselessly obsessing over killing him. And making lame (that fall would not have likely been enough to do much more than piss him off) attempts at killing him
And then transfers that to obsessing over anyone else who apparently wrongs her, in ANY way, whatsoever..... At all.

The guy with the laughter... Are they even trying to get our sympathies? For any of these characters? Why bother doing any flash backs of them. I have more sympathy for Jack-the-bully-killer and the Val-whatever-his-name-is, dude, that Koharun seems to be getting attached to.

I don't know what to think about Tokimune(sp?).

I'm mostly sticking with this because I like a few (small few) characters.

Also, I'm curious:

Why did the bus driver see his dead daughter, if everyone else is seeing their fears. What did he do to her?

Likewise, why a zombie penguin-toy?

Who's shadow do we see in the opening with Misaki? It looks like a guy.... I think.

Where did Koharun pill up that book so suddenly?
Yeah, sure, it was just lying around.....
What's the deal with that song, too?

Does Lion really see people who are about to die? What does she see when looking at everyone else?
Does she not see them until they are on their way out?

My thoughts on Misaki:
She ran away, is connected to what's happening.
Knows how to stop it (that shadow is likely at its source), and is trying to do so.

That's what I'm interested in and why I'm still watching.
May 11, 2016 7:06 PM

Sep 2014
What even was this episode..
Idk what's going on anymore.
May 11, 2016 10:16 PM

Nov 2015
Such a weird episode, everyone is facing thier past/fears.

May 12, 2016 7:27 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. These flashbacks were waaaay more interesting than watching the dumbest characters ever doing pointless things. I was like hell yeah finally this anime shows something evaluable. But then we went back to the original storyline which is as stupid as always, (why the hell would Misaki be a ghost?) sooo meh I don't know. Best episode so far, but when I say best I mean the least crap.
OokamiRisuMay 12, 2016 7:31 AM
May 12, 2016 8:11 AM

Jun 2015
Bues_Disc said:
I like how Nyanta had a bullying background instead of the generic 'has-a-bee-allergy-so-is-afraid-of-bees' background (which would have made a TON more sense).

I don't know, it makes a ton of sense that the ultimatum of being bullied was dropping a hive of angry bees on you and thus caused you a permanent trauma.
uh oh!
May 12, 2016 10:36 AM
Feb 2014
I guess it was one of the most boring episode so far for me. It's like the atmosphre in the prewious ones was more and more chilly, but it was ruined by this ghost-scare-thing. Int he previous one girl saying she saw a giant Misumune was kinda... weird and ruining the mode? But these things are just nonsense for me. Like I get Lovepon scare-thing and feel bad for her, the bee was acceptable, but that breast thing?.... and happy train? I was feeling like they ran out of ideas. And the 20- minute episode showed like what? 10 minutes of they life? And flashbacks made the entire episode messy.
May 12, 2016 10:38 AM
Feb 2014
mertsi said:
Bues_Disc said:
I like how Nyanta had a bullying background instead of the generic 'has-a-bee-allergy-so-is-afraid-of-bees' background (which would have made a TON more sense).

I don't know, it makes a ton of sense that the ultimatum of being bullied was dropping a hive of angry bees on you and thus caused you a permanent trauma.

yes, but if you look at this like that... she was bullied and yet she gets bees? Feels like they took an easy patch here
May 12, 2016 10:44 PM

May 2016
mertsi said:
Bues_Disc said:

It makes sense, but I would have liked the backstory to be a bit more interesting than "ohno, bullies". A bee allergy was all I could think of. It's still an alright background, though.
May 13, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2014
Oh God... I don't even know what I'm watching anymore..

Also, please anyone shut that lovepon's annoying mouth. PLEASE.
Don't tell me we will get more flashbacks of some mob characters I don't even care.. Urgh..

At least it confirmed that almost all things they heard and saw were illusions.
We're on to something..... Right?

Welp, let's just see how this trainwreck of a train reach its destination..
May 13, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2015
And this is precisely why you don't have a cast of 30+ characters in a 12 episode series. Cramming multiple 3 minute sob stories doesn't make me care for the characters at all, especially not with how ridiculous they were. Execute-girl sees her mother getting beat, so she instantly starts chanting "execute!" for the rest of her life? Survival-guy gets a head implant to make the cut and now he's scared of silocone?

Lol alright then.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 13, 2016 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
When I said I wanted to see Slender's Boobs this is not what I meant.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
May 13, 2016 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Wait a second, I just now realized.
They got away with showing a NIPPLE.
May 14, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
Those monsters are animated really weird. So I guess everyone who has taken part in this trip has a fucked up past.
May 14, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2014
now i really want to see a doujin based on lovepon's mother
May 14, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2016
By the way, it's also another nice episode with some past details about some of the characters here but when I heard they revealing one by one about Masaki's profile, I cried a bit. Knowing that, they assumed her to be a "ghost". :'(
May 16, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
Nice confirmation of the previous episode, their fears indeed materialize as illusions on this location. Now we need to be served a good reason for it.

The researcher seems terribly good in his activity but rather forgetful to not immediately hand out such informations (instead of waiting the sixth episode). The way she also makes her conclusions is... I still didn't get it. She must have a big intelligence aura to get people to trust her insane logic and think the girl is a ghost. Waiting to know what Masaki's link with the surroundings.

animefan8800 said:
I can't help but think of Stephen King's IT, which also took many forms. I'm not surprised by that end Masaki reveal, but is it really as simple as her being a ghost, or is there more?

My first thoughts were Sphere and Flatliners.

4/5
Rei_IIIMay 16, 2016 3:42 AM
May 18, 2016 1:03 AM

Dec 2013
lmao that niconico live reference

this show is definitely getting weirder
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 19, 2016 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
Breast implants in your head.

Only in anime.
May 20, 2016 4:03 PM
Mar 2015
Well, they tried.

And failed.

But is it not the effort that counts??

It's not. This show is basically a crappy horror show mixed with slice-of-life backstory telling. And it's not one of those "so bad it's good" either, unfortunately. Though it's close...
May 28, 2016 10:39 AM

May 2010
Worse episode ever. Thomas the train is chasing us now!? Who wrote this crap, it's ludicrous. This went from a good thriller and mystery into a joke.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 8, 2016 4:31 PM
Sep 2009
What the hell did I just watch? I silicon boob, seriously? And badly done one at that?

Man... and here I had hopes for this show...
Jun 9, 2016 2:27 AM

Jun 2015
Oi tit head guy, imma call you tit head guy from now on
Jun 12, 2016 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
I can let pass the abusive priest, the giant bee and the edgy Thomas the Tank Engine, but the CGI silicon boob monster was too much. This is getting "better and better" each episode.

Nyanta's past (and Megane-kun's past to an extent) was genuinely sad, but the past of the other two is truly ridiculous. Especially Love-pon, who became crazy just because she became obsessed with killing that priest. Still best girl, though.

The end implies Masaki is a ghost... I'm not sure, would be too sudden.
Jun 17, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2015
am.. at first I tought this anime will be interesting but as the time goes on it transfers from mistery to comedy anime. Dissapointed...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 8:27 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Lovepon, poor Nyanta and poor Jigoku. These illusions scared the crap out of me! Like, wow.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jun 23, 2016 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
What the shit did I just watch? I really like the idea that the monster is whatever thing you've buried in your mind and you have to confront it. Maybe this village really is a purgatory where you have to confront your live to move on. Remember me of another popular anime, and the monster reminds me of a certain popular TV series from several years ago....
Jul 4, 2016 5:44 PM
Jun 2016
Oh so that's cool, they each see and experience their own fears followed by the back story.
So Nyanta was a giant grotesque bee,
Mikage was being laughed at,
Lovepon was the mask that represented her abusive father,
Jiqoku was some weird silicone gross thing,
and apparently Maimai was a giant Mitsumune.
Interesting. I hope we get to see everyone else's and to know more about their back stories.
Jul 10, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2010
So... it's a shitty Silent Hill anime.

I mean, I see what they're going for, but the execution is awful, no pun intended.

There's a few good shots here, though, when the characters is staring off and you can see from just their expression that they're seeing something horrible, but it's ruined when you see them being comically chased by some shitty CGI monster.
Jul 15, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
You know, I'd be more sympathetic with military guy if the manifestation of his fear wasn't a giant tub of silicone that has some semblance to breasts.

That's all I'm gonna say, because this show doesn't deserve any more.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 29, 2016 8:37 PM

May 2012
Oh boy those are some big ass drama's that are hunting their inner souls! That wasp one was probably the worst!
Aug 25, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2012
yeah its just rapidly spiralling into just an insane almost B-Movie horror mind f*ck anime.... such a shame the first few episodes were really solid, set up everything perfectly then it's like the entire production crew just decided to take shrooms and see what happened.... watching more for the comedic value more than anything else now
Sep 12, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2008
Wow, this show just turned into a B-Movie horror anime lol. All the suspense and creepy atmosphere just went PAH!
Sep 16, 2016 9:01 AM

Sep 2015
Heyyy it got better actually but not a good episdoe.
Nov 6, 2016 1:57 AM

Jul 2008
Kek on the Boob Monster.
Lovepon, just kill that whore already.
Nov 14, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad that i went mostly blind on this because otherwise i wouldn't have gotten this authentic trainwreck experience.
Dec 4, 2016 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
We finally got Lovepon's backstory and it still didn't do a damn thing for me. She can die for all I care.

For the love of God, yes! Koharu is probably one of the few decent characters in this damn show but I can't help but cringe everytime she does that shit.
KashKetchumDec 4, 2016 6:14 PM
Apr 16, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2017
my only complaints: the animation is soo weird,
the military guy's backstory was too stupid

but besides that im enjoying the anime, i loved seeing gun girl's backstory especially. the three characters i care about are gun girl, lion and maimai. this anime is a lot more enjoyable than corpse party though, an anime i heard was so great by a lot of people, so i dont think this anime should be hated
SolidWoIfApr 16, 2017 4:06 PM
Jul 29, 2017 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Mikage looking like he dying.
LMAO at Lovepon.
It's a damn shame that little Lovepon knew what was going on that she had to wait outside.
LMAO at the next door neighbor. He closed that door like "Nope."
LMAO at Lovepon trying to hide what she said.
Now Nyanta.
Give Nyanta her bag back.
lol at Nyanta after she shot her.
Damn. Nyanta got caught.
WTF! She really wrote all that.
Is that a nipple?
WTF is that?

"Don't play the hindsight game with us."
Me: That guy would be excellent at AnimeSins.

Damn. Mikage screwed up.
Naana, Maimai, and Nettaiya looking so fine.
LMFAO Koharun euro-stepped Dahara.
Masaki is a ghost?

Koharun side stepped Dahara like:

Got me dead.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 27, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2010
Okay, this is easily the best episode. We got some backstories and they are far more interesting than actual story/actual characters.

Still nothing great, but man... it was kind of interesting. Taking everything into consideration this was a huge improvement.

Lovepon should hate old, bald guys or religious people not wanting to "execute" everybody. Somehow I do not see the connection.

The bee girl should be severly damaged after this. I am pretty sure she should have some scars.

Military guy is quite interesting and weird. I like it for WTF-factor.

Mikage is such an stupid ass. I was glad he got rekted. So much arrogance. His boss was a respectable man. He gave him a chance. He fucked it up because he was arrogant. This mistake would have never happened if he had worked with an assistent.

Masaki is definitely a ghost or something like this - she is not seeing anything at all.
Nov 5, 2017 10:31 AM

Jan 2010
I want to cry. I kinda get what's happening, but I don't want to accept it. Everyone's past traumas and karma is coming back in the form of some sort of curse that's killing them off apparently. But it's...I don't even know. I don't know how to express this properly but...this is...kinda dumb.
Dec 25, 2017 12:11 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
So it really was worst fears hallucinations.....!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 12, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Shishimai said:
I've been trying my best to take this show seriously for the past 5 episodes, but I finally broke out in laughter when I saw Koharun just run past Dahara's hug just so she could talk to Valkana.

that was the best part of the episode lol

anyway, episode was pretty interesting. maybe it was a little too much showing so many backstories at once, but at least we can understand the characters better now.
Nov 28, 2019 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't realize the boob implant monster was a boob. I thought it was a big grub at first, like he had to eat them for his military training. (I ate one once: it looked worse than it tasted).

I actually thought the other monsters were scary in a Yami Shibai way.

A lot of info on one episode. Should've told some earlier so I could care about the characters before now.
Oct 11, 2020 3:20 AM

Jul 2016
Konoetan said:
What even was this episode..
Idk what's going on anymore.

Giant breast monsters was not where I thought this was going.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

470 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.