Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion

May 6, 2016 12:38 AM

OMG! so much HYPE! this is purely EPIC episode! here i go again fanboying on one corner hehehehehehe! "Rokkon Shojo!!!"
5/5!

May 6, 2016 12:38 AM

I really liked this episode, it was great. And now thanks to all those people dying, there more room and food on the train. At least the kids made it out okay.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.

May 6, 2016 12:41 AM

aikaflip said:
Rokkon Shojo!!

It looks like all the cowards were killed.

Kurusu got stabbed through the body and survived.

Ayame cut her wrist to give Ikoma a blood boost to defeat Samurai Kabaneri.

Mumei took a nap.

Fun episode.

5/5

Kurusu was stabbed by left side of the body....and in the area where there is no any entrails...or any important ones at least... mostly flesh, blood and skin in that area. and it did not hit the spine.

Cabron said:
Jesus, the beginning of this episode was a bit cringe.

>humans show irrational hate and fear toward anything that might be a kabane
>suddenly they're okay with it just because she was pregnant

that is normal human nature....it happens in real life..not with zombies but....excuse me, I am not racist or anything just giving example...Gays, America when Black People had literally no rights and some extend in WW2 when they were suspicious towards German and Japanese Born and in any war which countries were conquered..AKA WW2 With Japan Conquering China and surrounding areas.
Modified by Jarjaxle, May 6, 2016 12:50 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

May 6, 2016 12:52 AM

jose21 said:
WTF is up with the kabanes??? Just like somebody mentioned in another discussion they are pretty inconsistent and behave however fits better the scene; sometimes they are slow like classic zombies of old movies, sometimes they are fast like the zombies of world war Z, and on this episode there is even a samurai zombie which was pretty cool btw funny how he was quite agile with both arms even though it looked like his left shoulder was out of place.

Comes no different from them Titans in AOT
oh and AOT sucks balls anyways.
Hate Keeps me warm

May 6, 2016 1:09 AM
that was freaking amazing, the feels almost got me in tears
the ost was amazing too, this episode, really fitting to the scenes
the fight scene on top of the train was simply mind-blowing, mumei is op :d
and that scene after ikoma defeated the wazatori was JUST AMAZING, where they all said rokkon shojou

May 6, 2016 1:16 AM

Jarjaxle said:

Cabron said:

that is normal human nature....it happens in real life..not with zombies but....excuse me, I am not racist or anything just giving example...Gays, America when Black People had literally no rights and some extend in WW2 when they were suspicious towards German and Japanese Born and in any war which countries were conquered..AKA WW2 With Japan Conquering China and surrounding areas.
Was kind of hoping for some demon kabane baby to pop out of that lady's stomach and attack them tbqh.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

May 6, 2016 1:30 AM

bear808 said:
After Mumei killed the pregnant lady, she said the baby was infected too. I'm leaning toward that being her origin.

That's what I was thinking. Or just no reason/will go unexplained...

That bow is sweet, I dont understand how hime gave up the key so fast though. Good episode. Sad its over...they always feel like 10 minutes..

May 6, 2016 1:31 AM

rokkon shojo= lock on virgin???

May 6, 2016 1:48 AM
Ikoma do smth, Mumei is too outstanding.The end is quite boring if compared to previous ending,should have added few more action moves from ikoma.

May 6, 2016 1:54 AM
So is this anime gonna be on the train the whole time? Lol

May 6, 2016 1:58 AM

FragOutFire said:
zellami said:
So, oujo-sama bled for the greater good after sacrificing another batch of peasants :))

is that samurai zombie like 8 feet tall

Yeah, about this high or maybe taller. Since both the Wazatori and Kurusu are leaning, it hard to say exactly. If Kurusu is 1.70-1.75 m, the Wazatori seems like a meter above. It would be easier if the big Bushi guy was shown around the Wazatori, because he is definitely closer to 2 m in height - the difference could be marked more accurately then.

What I find interesting is that the Wazatori has a proportionally overgrown body - his head, legs and torso match in proportions.

Second, that thing sticking out of his back. The collar bone isn't deformed looked from the front, but the shoulder-blade on the back is, branching out of the body. At first, I thought he is going to pop a wing, but on a second thought it could be the place where the guy was bitten at first.

May 6, 2016 2:02 AM

Phenomenal Episode to say the least. *_*

May 6, 2016 2:11 AM

ButtSlapper said:
rokkon shojo= lock on virgin???

My little bother's version (in exchange to having a free dinner at my place) = "Iron Maiden, everybody!"

:D

May 6, 2016 2:16 AM

My big question is, what the fuck happened to the girl in the yukata who decapitated the Kabane with her shoe? She just magically vanished. They did show her getting on the train, but she literally hasn't made an appearance after that. She didn't even get an appearance when they stopped the train or anything. She got on and is completely MIA now. She's also not shown in the OP with the main cast at all so I guess she's not a side character...which is weird since she's also a Kabaneri and she closely resembles Ikoma's sister. You'd think she'd have much more relevance.

ColdBreeze said:
Darklight0303 said:
Except no it's not since even Kurusu's friend said it. A TRAINED SAMURAI. Bushi aren't anything like that and even Kurusu was defeated by the Wazatori. So no your point is still worthless
Being defeated and being able to cut through a Kabane are still 2 different things. I only said that also human should be capable of doing that and therefore yes, it's valid (trained samurais are human, right?). Never said more than that.

The one thing you guys missed though is that Kabane skin is still a bit stronger than normal. When he went to cut the Wazatori's head off, the blade pretty much bounced off. And it probably took a lot of effort to stab it in the stomach. Though I would assume that, the density of Kabane's skin is just as diverse as the Kabane themselves; seeing as how there were plenty who were sliced like bread.

KoreaWS said:
Sweanime said:
Is there a reason that i missed why ikoma has green skin when mumie has "normal" skin.

Nope. No reason at the moment. Might had to do with the Kabanerization process both had to go through, but it is all speculation. Nice catch though.

That's what I figured. She has that little like shard of a heart on her back shoulder. Almost like it was artificially implanted into her.

Meanwhile Ikoma was legit bit, and the infection spread to most of his body and his basically had to kill himself to stop the spreading. The green skin is probably a side effect; not human flesh colored, but not completely black and tainted like a Kabaneri. His veiny scar things on his chest that connect to the heart are also visible at all times even if they aren't glowing. Meanwhile Munmei's lines are tiny, subtle, and only appear when she's fatigued.
Modified by Jonesy974, May 6, 2016 2:21 AM

May 6, 2016 2:19 AM

Awesome episode. I liked the action, it was really great.

May 6, 2016 2:22 AM
Daw11 said:
So Ikoma has no time limits while Mumei can't fight for more than five minutes?
It's because he's more kabane than her?

She's been fighting continuously ever since episode one, while Ikoma has had a lot more breaks in between than her, also you have to take into considerations her kill count in comparison to his.

They finally accepted the terms of having the Kabaneri on board, it should have been about time. -_-

The animation on the fights with Kurusu, Ikoma and Mumei are very well done. I hope we get to see a some sort of scientist that studies the actual biology of Kabane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

ColdBreeze said:
Kabane were human, right?
Why is the Wazatori so big then, or am I missing something.. again?
Mutations maybe?

Yea it seems to affect each person differently after they're infected. The first episode even showed giant ogre looking ones that were super tall and thick and was holding a big club or something.

May 6, 2016 2:28 AM

Jonesy974 said:
My big question is, what the fuck happened to the girl in the yukata who decapitated the Kabane with her shoe? She just magically vanished. They did show her getting on the train, but she literally hasn't made an appearance after that. She didn't even get an appearance when they stopped the train or anything. She got on and is completely MIA now. She's also not shown in the OP with the main cast at all so I guess she's not a side character...which is weird since she's also a Kabaneri and she closely resembles Ikoma's sister. You'd think she'd have much more relevance.
The girl in the yukata is Mumei.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

May 6, 2016 2:47 AM

Cabron said:
Jarjaxle said:

Was kind of hoping for some demon kabane baby to pop out of that lady's stomach and attack them tbqh.

Dude...That is an ALIEN!!! XD Infected by Virus yeah...but still...:p

Cabron said:
Jonesy974 said:
The girl in the yukata is Mumei.

Did you seriously not recognize her when she changed clothes?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

May 6, 2016 3:14 AM
Jonesy974 said:
I'm assuming you're joking about how different Mumei's actual personality is to what her expected personality was based on what little we saw of her behavior in episode 1.

May 6, 2016 3:17 AM

SwordSaint said:
I got a strange feeling that Munmei is actually Ikoma's sister.
Seriously? Ikoma exploded his sister's heart. We saw that last episode ffs

May 6, 2016 3:23 AM
zal said:
@kamisama751
If the barrel is that strong to destroy the side of the train why the bottom is completely fine?
The floor could be made from thicker plates, the real problem is that if the explosion is strong enough to punch a hole in the wall and roof, Kibito and Ayame (and probably everyone else in the car) should have been killed too given where they're standing.

May 6, 2016 3:23 AM

Cabron said:

Fucking exactly.

May 6, 2016 3:30 AM

Jonesy974 said:

Do you even pay attention to the show? That's mumei

May 6, 2016 3:37 AM

MysteriousBanana said:
zal said:
@kamisama751
If the barrel is that strong to destroy the side of the train why the bottom is completely fine?
The floor could be made from thicker plates, the real problem is that if the explosion is strong enough to punch a hole in the wall and roof, Kibito and Ayame (and probably everyone else in the car) should have been killed too given where they're standing.
I didn't mean it should destroy the bottom part but at least some visible damage which there isn't. Also you are right, they are very close to the explosion and don't even jump like in the action movies :(
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

May 6, 2016 3:46 AM
Tyrel said:
Did the ED song change...? Even if a little bit. It's a bit longer than the previous lol.

It's the second half of the ED

May 6, 2016 3:47 AM
ColdBreeze said:
Mutations maybe?
Look at his clothes, his right sleeve and left pant leg are exactly the right length for his limbs, so he must have been that big when he was alive.

May 6, 2016 3:53 AM

MysteriousBanana said:
ColdBreeze said:
Mutations maybe?
Look at his clothes, his right sleeve and left pant leg are exactly the right length for his limbs, so he must have been that big when he was alive.

I think he's talking mostly about that deformation in his shoulder blade. There seems tobe some structural alteration in the higher level Kabane

May 6, 2016 4:07 AM

The action in this episode is intense! The ED is awesome too

May 6, 2016 4:08 AM

I didn't care for the last 2 episodes but this one brought back the hype train. From the cool steampunk bow to finally getting to see them fight while running around on the train which was something I was looking forward to since the PVs. That guy that just casually says "woah" while everyone is dying is one of my favorite parts from the episode. The ending was also good. Everyone is offering their blood after they realize the Kabaneri aren't that bad and even Mr. Dick raises his hand, so that's nice.

May 6, 2016 4:10 AM
Darklight0303 said:
MysteriousBanana said:

I think he's talking mostly about that deformation in his shoulder blade. There seems tobe some structural alteration in the higher level Kabane
Well, that could actually be a real medical condition known as a winged scapula, caused by either nerve or muscle damage, though there has to be a reason for the writer/animator to include that detail on this episode's "boss" character.

Going to be real annoying if this one goes unexplained.

May 6, 2016 4:14 AM
ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀsᴛᴏʀᴍ
Great episode, they finally accepted Ikoma & Mumei.
Dat samurai zombie tho~

May 6, 2016 4:27 AM

MysteriousBanana said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well, that could actually be a real medical condition known as a winged scapula, caused by either nerve or muscle damage, though there has to be a reason for the writer/animator to include that detail on this episode's "boss" character.

Going to be real annoying if this one goes unexplained.

They're not going to get any explanation for anything like that until they get to Kongokaku. Since that is the nerve center of Kabane research as Ikoma said.

May 6, 2016 4:37 AM

Really good episode.

Ayame seemed like an interesting character in the first episodes as she was really incompetent for leading. It was obvious that she would get more convinced but I think it happenned too early, but it's still good that she could finally convince people about the Kabaneri.

I really liked the babys smile after the fight, it was a creative choice to show its happiness beside the adults joy.

May 6, 2016 4:37 AM
Again with the unnecessary conflicts. They managed to make this episode as bad as the previous one.

So for the characters have shown unreasonable hate for the Kabeneri and anything related to them but suddenly they weren't ok with Mumei killing a Kabane just because it was pregnant? What the fuck is with the inconsistent behavior? And no it's not a fucking realistic.

Alright now what's up with Mumei's mood swings? In the previous episodes, she went everywhere and fought because she wanted to. Then all of a sudden she asks the big guy if they were ok with not having her fight. That was totally out of character considering how she has been presented in the last few episodes.

Yeah man it's not like the giant bonfire that could be seen from miles away attracted them. Seriously, why does the scriptwriter continue to show all the villagers are retarded? The princess even warned them that the shortcut is dangerous and yet they still refused to listen to her.

Ok that caught me off guard. Kurusu appearing out of nowhere like a ninja was a bit funny.

Why didn't Kurusu just kick the wazatori out of the train? Come on. It's not like he doesn't know their heartcages are made of iron so why didn't he just push it of the train when he had the perfect opportunity?

Overall a very weak episode and I really hope this is the last time we see the irrational hate from the people on the train. Getting tired of that bullshit. Moreover, it seems steam powered bows work against the Kabane compared to guns so why don't they just mass produce and use steam powered crossbows instead? It would be even more effective.

2/5

May 6, 2016 4:40 AM

zal said:
sn3akyk1d said:
People actually like this show?
Yes, for most people it is the anime of the season, for now.

Why? The characters are generic and lack depth (angry green skin, angry kaneberi racist, mikasa, stupid girl in charge), the story seems like a ripoff and the actions of the characters so far have been unbelievable and illogical. Some of the scenes make absolutely no sense, on the train why did they have to stop travelling when in the tunnels when there was clearly at least walking room, why would the keys to an obviously very valuable train be given to random mob member to run instead of the daughter of one of the towns. Also in the latest episode the animation which was previously pretty good dropped a fair amount, I can't understand why this is so highly rated.

May 6, 2016 4:51 AM

sn3akyk1d said:
zal said:
Yes, for most people it is the anime of the season, for now.

Why? The characters are generic and lack depth (angry green skin, angry kaneberi racist, mikasa, stupid girl in charge), the story seems like a ripoff and the actions of the characters so far have been unbelievable and illogical. Some of the scenes make absolutely no sense, on the train why did they have to stop travelling when in the tunnels when there was clearly at least walking room, why would the keys to an obviously very valuable train be given to random mob member to run instead of the daughter of one of the towns. Also in the latest episode the animation which was previously pretty good dropped a fair amount, I can't understand why this is so highly rated.

cause we don't watch it for the plot or maybe we do, we watch it for TEH AWESSUM ADRENALINE-PUMPING, MIND-BLOWING ACTION (ง ͠° ͜ʖ °)ง

AND THE #SQUADGOALS

May 6, 2016 4:53 AM

Sorry, but isn't it too much of a trouble to ask questions which you can answer yourself, for all that jazz of 2/5? :)

May 6, 2016 4:56 AM
zellami said:

Sorry, but isn't it too much of a trouble to ask questions which you can answer yourself, for all that jazz of 2/5? :)

I never asked you to answer any of them.

May 6, 2016 4:59 AM

Z4k said:
zellami said:

I never intended to answer them, don't worry.

May 6, 2016 5:01 AM
zellami said:
Z4k said:

Then you shouldn't have bothered replying to me with your vapid posts.

May 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Thug_Gou said:
sn3akyk1d said:

cause we don't watch it for the plot or maybe we do, we watch it for TEH AWESSUM ADRENALINE-PUMPING, MIND-BLOWING ACTION (ง ͠° ͜ʖ °)ง

AND THE #SQUADGOALS

I get watching things because they're enjoyable but that doesn't mean that they are good, this is so bad in so many ways but it's rated 8.5 which blows my mind, it seems like the hype has taken this one away.

May 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Z4k said:
zellami said:

Well, that was because your vapid post bothered me.

May 6, 2016 5:06 AM
zellami said:
Z4k said:

Well, that was because your vapid post bothered me.

Jesus christ... are you 12?

May 6, 2016 5:15 AM

@sn3akyk1d
On MAL it is not even THAT bad, try going on reddit and watch them praise this "masterpiece".
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.

May 6, 2016 5:19 AM
Darklight0303 said:
SwordSaint said:
I got a strange feeling that Munmei is actually Ikoma's sister.

Remember Ikoma got bitten and become a Kabenari it's likely that his sister became a Kabenari as well and even if Ikoma does that we're not sure what can kill a kabenari. My proof is the visual in the Opening look closely in the scene where Ikoma is on the train tracks he saw his sister turned around and it became Munmei there are plenty of hints that tell us that Munmei is Ikoma's sister.

May 6, 2016 5:30 AM

SwordSaint said:
Darklight0303 said:

Remember Ikoma got bitten and become a Kabenari it's likely that his sister became a Kabenari as well and even if Ikoma does that we're not sure what can kill a kabenari. My proof is the visual in the Opening look closely in the scene where Ikoma is on the train tracks he saw his sister turned around and it became Munmei there are plenty of hints that tell us that Munmei is Ikoma's sister.

Ikoma did not get bitten that was his nightmare. Ikoma became a Kabaneri only after being bittten in episode one. If he'd been a kabaneri all along he would have needed blood over the 5 years.

The OP is nothing but symbolism of him choosing to walk with Mumei while he atones for running away from his sister when he was a kid =_= Mumei is NOT his sister. You only fool yourself into thinking she is and then will cry fowl when she won't be by the end of this series

May 6, 2016 5:36 AM

Only thing I have a problem with right now is, why the fuck did the people curse on mumei when she killed the pregnant woman who was already a kabane? They are scared shitless of the kabane that they even kill people if they are just one bit suspicious of them. On ep 1 they even killed a guy who was not even showing signs of being a kabane yet. But now, a woman who has dark eyes and wandering around mindlessly and is a confirmed kabane by just how she looked was killed and they call mumei a murderer? It sounds ridiculous to me. But then again, I can't even imagine thinking straight at a time like this one so maybe it was brought about by anxiety and fear also?
Either way good episode and good OST is a plus for me. And the contract formation was more vampire style than zombie style for me lol.

May 6, 2016 5:50 AM

Episode 5 Gaijin preview!

Hot damn! I love his accent xD xD

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »