Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 4 Discussion


May 5, 2016 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 866
This episode was great and now I think I am finally sold for this anime being really great.
 
May 5, 2016 6:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1969
I love the music in this anime. The show was great so far and I hope they reach their destination quickly. It would be interesting to see what the characters do once they reach the capital city.
It was also nice to see the samurai guy volunteer as a blood donor. It would have been very annoying if he was an ass all the time.
 
May 5, 2016 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 631
Everything was epic about this episode, except...
Ikoma wasted too much time saying "I'm gonna save everyone", talking to Mumei, and then drinking Ayame's blood, while he could've just gave them his weapon -_-
I mean seriously, after all of that I expected an epic fight, but he just shot that Kabane like any other.
 
May 5, 2016 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10611
Good ep. That samurai guy was saying she can't give her blood to both Kabaneri. But it seems they only need a little drop of blood to recover from. 4/5
 
May 5, 2016 6:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1969
DiabloMask said:
Everything was epic about this episode, except...
Ikoma wasted too much time saying "I'm gonna save everyone", talking to Mumei, and then drinking Ayame's blood, while he could've just gave them his weapon -_-
I mean seriously, after all of that I expected an epic fight, but he just shot that Kabane like any other.

If he did not make that dramatic speech and if the princess had not offered her blood the other people would still be uncomfortable around the kabaneri

Also I don't think the regular soldiers would be able to kill the zombie so easily with the gun since ikoma has much better reflexes than regular humans. And if the zombie tried to push a regular soldier away they would most likely die this would not happen with ikoma attacking it.
 
May 5, 2016 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3672
Heh, that cliffhanger eventually paid nothing but the rest was compensated I guess...
Great train action, sword fighting kabanes was awesome to see.
Ikoma and Mumei make a nice teamwork.
Now that the intro is complete we can move onto serious business.
 
May 5, 2016 6:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 375
The episode was... okay for me. Some pretty nice fighting scenes (specifically at the top of the train and when Kurusu appeared with his sword), and some okay-ish ones (found the Kabane shield scenes a bit inconsistent and unexciting...).

I was pleasantly surprised that the ppl were able to leave the bonfire place before the Kabane attacked. I was questioning the wisdom of setting up a bonfire and having so many ppl outside the train in the previous episode, but seeing as they suffered no losses when the Kabane came, I guess it wasn't an issue after all.

I guess I must be one of the few who weren't quite impressed with the whole Princess going this blood I bleed for you is a contract scene...

Honestly, the whole time before that, I was screaming at Ayame or Ikoma to wake up and drink some damn blood before they go crazy... Seriously, wtf is Ayame thinking. Being the 'senior Kabaneri', she should have the sense to know when to feed herself and how to handle Ikoma's situation (which I deemed pretty damn dire)... When the 3 'Kabane-lovers' were thrown into their carriage, there was all the opportunity in the world to take a tiny sip of blood, which is all Ikoma seemed to need from the princess... It couldn't be anymore obvious that the reason why they made the characters so damn stupid for so long was to make that 'epic/climactic' scene happen... I actually liked the idea, it actually sounds pretty epic, but I didn't like how they went about carrying out the idea...


A few thoughts and queries...

What does Rokkan Shojo mean? (Did I miss or forget something from previous episodes?)

Anyone else thought it might not be a good idea for ppl like Kurusu (though it would've been a nice somewhat apologetic gesture) to contribute their blood to the Kabaneri? I mean, giving out blood won't kill you, but I'm pretty certain it'd affect your physical strength... which I'd say isn't exactly the best thing you want a warrior to have... Just a minor thought that popped up at the end

Anyone else trying to figure out how Ayame's bow works? It's got this string roller mechanism bit powered by god knows what... I reckon the arrow tip must somehow be held in place, to be released by a trigger controlled by her left hand, so she would need to release the string and pull the trigger simultaneously... That was actually pretty cool. For a moment earlier, I was thinking how the hell a damn bow was gonna pierce a Kabane's heart, especially with Ayame being so small...

Also, anyone else find it slightly inconsistent that the heart bomb made such a massive hole on the side AND top of the carriage? I mean, weren't they meant for controlled explosions? When Mumei's Priest friend and the very first guy in the first episode got bitten and used it, the bomb went off had just the right amount of power to destroy their hearts, whereas here it was like a freaking overpowered grenade...

Again, did no one else think it would've been smarter to have locked the carriage door instead of putting up shields in the middle? Okay, I don't know the structure of the carriage, so I wouldn't know if they even had that option, but wouldn't it make a huge amount of sense to be able to isolate a carriage (like the rear one that Ikoma and Mumei were locked into). There would've been absolutely no need for a fight like the one they were having and there would've been fewer casualties... It wouldn't solve the problem, obviously, but it would've bought them a whole lot more time.

And this is just me being slightly petty here, but I kinda wished they had explained how the pregnant woman got infected and managed to escape detection for so long... In fact, in general, I wished they could be more informative about Kabane by now, because they keep throwing in new and different, sometimes seemingly contrasting characteristics every week, and it makes it feel like they're sometimes adjusting what Kabane are to fit the storyline... When they need some fast Kabane to instill panic in the evacuating population in Ep 2, the Kabane are fast, when they need them to slow down so that Kurusu can fight them off in a narrow space in this ep, they're slow. Need the Kabane to take over an entire city in mere hours? Sure, they turn ppl immediately. Need an emo scene for Ikoma to find his sister's turning body or for the pregnant lady to add some tension? Okay, it doesn't turn ppl immediately. Obviously, everything is explained by saying, oh, different people have different traits, so why can't Kabane. But I'm not very satisfied with that explanation and would be more inclined to claim that the writing was lazy.

Finally, how was it that the Kabane had no problems not having their heads lobbed off when the train went through tunnels but Ikoma and Mumei had to be extra careful to only run around when the train left the tunnels for that reason? Again, another bit of writing that was meant to add tension at the expense of being consistent...


tl:dr
What does Rokkan Shojo mean?
Good idea for Warriors to share blood with Kabaneri since loss of blood would weaken them?
Wondering how Ayame's bow works
Why is the heart bomb so damn powerful this episode?
Why didn't they lock the carriage doors to keep the Kabane out?
How did that pregnant woman get infected and I wish the show could be more informative/consistent about Kabane in general
Why didn't the Kabane lose their heads when the train went through the tunnel, while Mumei and Ikoma had to wait?
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
 
May 5, 2016 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Duri1n said:
The episode was... okay for me. Some pretty nice fighting scenes (specifically at the top of the train and when Kurusu appeared with his sword), and some okay-ish ones (found the Kabane shield scenes a bit inconsistent and unexciting...).

I was pleasantly surprised that the ppl were able to leave the bonfire place before the Kabane attacked. I was questioning the wisdom of setting up a bonfire and having so many ppl outside the train in the previous episode, but seeing as they suffered no losses when the Kabane came, I guess it wasn't an issue after all.

I guess I must be one of the few who weren't quite impressed with the whole Princess going this blood I bleed for you is a contract scene...

Honestly, the whole time before that, I was screaming at Ayame or Ikoma to wake up and drink some damn blood before they go crazy... Seriously, wtf is Ayame thinking. Being the 'senior Kabaneri', she should have the sense to know when to feed herself and how to handle Ikoma's situation (which I deemed pretty damn dire)... When the 3 'Kabane-lovers' were thrown into their carriage, there was all the opportunity in the world to take a tiny sip of blood, which is all Ikoma seemed to need from the princess... It couldn't be anymore obvious that the reason why they made the characters so damn stupid for so long was to make that 'epic/climactic' scene happen... I actually liked the idea, it actually sounds pretty epic, but I didn't like how they went about carrying out the idea...


A few thoughts and queries...

What does Rokkan Shojo mean? (Did I miss or forget something from previous episodes?)

Anyone else thought it might not be a good idea for ppl like Kurusu (though it would've been a nice somewhat apologetic gesture) to contribute their blood to the Kabaneri? I mean, giving out blood won't kill you, but I'm pretty certain it'd affect your physical strength... which I'd say isn't exactly the best thing you want a warrior to have... Just a minor thought that popped up at the end

Anyone else trying to figure out how Ayame's bow works? It's got this string roller mechanism bit powered by god knows what... I reckon the arrow tip must somehow be held in place, to be released by a trigger controlled by her left hand, so she would need to release the string and pull the trigger simultaneously... That was actually pretty cool. For a moment earlier, I was thinking how the hell a damn bow was gonna pierce a Kabane's heart, especially with Ayame being so small...

Also, anyone else find it slightly inconsistent that the heart bomb made such a massive hole on the side AND top of the carriage? I mean, weren't they meant for controlled explosions? When Mumei's Priest friend and the very first guy in the first episode got bitten and used it, the bomb went off had just the right amount of power to destroy their hearts, whereas here it was like a freaking overpowered grenade...

Again, did no one else think it would've been smarter to have locked the carriage door instead of putting up shields in the middle? Okay, I don't know the structure of the carriage, so I wouldn't know if they even had that option, but wouldn't it make a huge amount of sense to be able to isolate a carriage (like the rear one that Ikoma and Mumei were locked into). There would've been absolutely no need for a fight like the one they were having and there would've been fewer casualties... It wouldn't solve the problem, obviously, but it would've bought them a whole lot more time.

And this is just me being slightly petty here, but I kinda wished they had explained how the pregnant woman got infected and managed to escape detection for so long... In fact, in general, I wished they could be more informative about Kabane by now, because they keep throwing in new and different, sometimes seemingly contrasting characteristics every week, and it makes it feel like they're sometimes adjusting what Kabane are to fit the storyline... When they need some fast Kabane to instill panic in the evacuating population in Ep 2, the Kabane are fast, when they need them to slow down so that Kurusu can fight them off in a narrow space in this ep, they're slow. Need the Kabane to take over an entire city in mere hours? Sure, they turn ppl immediately. Need an emo scene for Ikoma to find his sister's turning body or for the pregnant lady to add some tension? Okay, it doesn't turn ppl immediately. Obviously, everything is explained by saying, oh, different people have different traits, so why can't Kabane. But I'm not very satisfied with that explanation and would be more inclined to claim that the writing was lazy.

Finally, how was it that the Kabane had no problems not having their heads lobbed off when the train went through tunnels but Ikoma and Mumei had to be extra careful to only run around when the train left the tunnels for that reason? Again, another bit of writing that was meant to add tension at the expense of being consistent...


tl:dr
What does Rokkan Shojo mean?
Good idea for Warriors to share blood with Kabaneri since loss of blood would weaken them?
Wondering how Ayame's bow works
Why is the heart bomb so damn powerful this episode?
Why didn't they lock the carriage doors to keep the Kabane out?
How did that pregnant woman get infected and I wish the show could be more informative/consistent about Kabane in general
Why didn't the Kabane lose their heads when the train went through the tunnel, while Mumei and Ikoma had to wait?


Did you seriously miss the barrels of Explosives behind the guy who used the suicide bag?
 
May 5, 2016 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 872
About the barrels, there are letters on them. You can see them at around 11:35. I'm assuming it says gunpowder, I don't know japanese.

I'm still waiting for Ikoma to get mad at Mumei for not warning him about the blood stuff beforehand.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
 
May 5, 2016 6:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 375
Darklight0303 said:
Duri1n said:

Also, anyone else find it slightly inconsistent that the heart bomb made such a massive hole on the side AND top of the carriage? I mean, weren't they meant for controlled explosions? When Mumei's Priest friend and the very first guy in the first episode got bitten and used it, the bomb went off had just the right amount of power to destroy their hearts, whereas here it was like a freaking overpowered grenade...


Did you seriously miss the barrels of Explosives behind the guy who used the suicide bag?

I did actually miss that. I just rewatched that part, my mistake. Of course, now I'm wondering how that much gunpowder didn't blow half the train up the sky, but wtv...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
 
May 5, 2016 6:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1703
So they introduced the big bushi guy, Kibito. I had good vibes coming from him as soon as he appeared. Makes me sad though, he seems like the sort to end up dead. Sacrificing himself for the group. No. Let Kurusu die instead. Although he was pretty badass this ep. Still a jerk tho.

But really why Ayame be handing over the reigns to those idiots? Yes she might be lacking but was there any proof they were better for the job? These dumbasses decide to take the more dangerous route because it's faster? Y'all would be dead in seconds if those Kabaneri weren't backing your asses yet you were also trying to get rid of them.

I must say I do like Ayame though. She has lots of potential and she isn't annoying.
 
May 5, 2016 6:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 73
screaming contest, LMFAO
 
May 5, 2016 6:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 631
lequack said:
DiabloMask said:
Everything was epic about this episode, except...
Ikoma wasted too much time saying "I'm gonna save everyone", talking to Mumei, and then drinking Ayame's blood, while he could've just gave them his weapon -_-
I mean seriously, after all of that I expected an epic fight, but he just shot that Kabane like any other.

If he did not make that dramatic speech and if the princess had not offered her blood the other people would still be uncomfortable around the kabaneri

Also I don't think the regular soldiers would be able to kill the zombie so easily with the gun since ikoma has much better reflexes than regular humans. And if the zombie tried to push a regular soldier away they would most likely die this would not happen with ikoma attacking it.


I'm complaining about the directing btw, they make the hero of the story take his time to arrive while many people are dying, only to kill the thing with one shot, is this One Punch Man or something?
The scene of him crawling while saying "I'm gonna save everyone" made me yell "just get there God dammit!!".
But other than that it was an epic episode, especially Kurusu's fight, and the fact that we're done with the "Kabaneri are enemies" bullshit.
 
May 5, 2016 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5800
Dat ending shot of the squad #Swag
 
May 5, 2016 7:17 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 31
Darklight0303 said:
Wrsty said:
They literally lost most of the people for doubting the kabaneri. I'm happy with this outcome though because now people believe them and are willing to give them blood.


A most effective culling and pretty much darwin at work


The more idiots that die, the better amiright
 
May 5, 2016 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
I like how this episode had no cliffhanger, unlike some other shows cough Re:Zero cough
 
May 5, 2016 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5184
Jesus, the beginning of this episode was a bit cringe.

>humans show irrational hate and fear toward anything that might be a kabane
>suddenly they're okay with it just because she was pregnant
Modified by Cabron, May 5, 2016 7:51 PM
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

 
May 5, 2016 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1778
How in the world did Kurusu and the others come to save Ayame so early? They never even showed us where those guys came from. They just suddenly arrive and hit Ikoma off of Ayame. That event in itself made the episode disastrous. So much for the cliffhanger and all the prediction. The writer is not applying a shred of logic and just using whatever means he sees to get the anime in the direction he wants to.

Mumei's was less annoying in this episode although I still would like an explanation on how she is able to do such amazing flips and jumps so effortlessly.

And everyone's "throw off the Kabaneri" riot continued for the most part of the episode.

I still don't understand how a Kabaneri can learn swordfighting. How can it learn from experience? If the swordfighting he watched or went up against were so efficient, should he be dead already.

Really poor episode with the exception of the last few minutes. Might just consider dropping this if it really does become a "train wreck"
 
May 5, 2016 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 64
I LOVED this episode, I'm happy to see that Ikoma and Mumei are starting to be accepted a bit more. I can't wait for the next episode, really liking the soundtracks and action so far.
 
May 5, 2016 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 837
That was freaking intense. Got me so hyped up, best episode yet.

Want to see more action like this
Hi there
 
May 5, 2016 7:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 95
Another great episode. We got some character building (especially Ayame really stepping up as leader, Ikoma's resolve to fight), awesome fight scenes (train rooftop), and we learned some tidbits about the kabane (sword fighting zombies ftw).

It's also great that Ikoma and Mumei may have finally earned the trust of most of the train, or at least it's leadership. Now that we MAY have past the norming and storming part, I'm really excited to see this group start working together and kicking some serious ass.
 
May 5, 2016 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1707
All that build up for him to defeat upgraded zombie in 10s lel.
 
May 5, 2016 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1158
I knew something would go down once the guy took the master key and ordered to go for the mountains. Glad the one with the annoying grin died to the wazatori.

I'm shipping Memei x Kajika now.

A new Kabane was introduced. An interesting twist I was hoping for. Hopefully there's even more diversity between the kabane.

Ayame's steam bow is awesome.
 
May 5, 2016 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
Darklight0303 said:
Duri1n said:

tl:dr
What does Rokkan Shojo mean?
Good idea for Warriors to share blood with Kabaneri since loss of blood would weaken them?
Wondering how Ayame's bow works
Why is the heart bomb so damn powerful this episode?
Why didn't they lock the carriage doors to keep the Kabane out?
How did that pregnant woman get infected and I wish the show could be more informative/consistent about Kabane in general
Why didn't the Kabane lose their heads when the train went through the tunnel, while Mumei and Ikoma had to wait?


Did you seriously miss the barrels of Explosives behind the guy who used the suicide bag?


I won't lie, KnK is an entertaining watch to me and don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every episode so far but really? After all his speculations you mention the one thing he just missed and ignore everything else?
There's definitely plot some conveniences regarding the kabane if you ask me, that can't be explained by "people are different, so kabane should be like that as well since they use to be human" since hordes of them are fast at a time, its not like a couple of them. They're all fast or all slow at the same time, from what I've noticed.

And I hadn't noticed the fact that kabane could be on the top of the train while Ikoma and Mumei had to be careful of that - yeah that one's a mystery to me :0

I think Rokkon Shojo is a Shinto ideology meaning something like "peace be with you"? Don't quote me on this xd

Also I'm not sure how Ayame's bow worked but I love the idea of a steampunk bow. On that note I really like Ayame's character, pretty consistent imo. And Kurusu has been annoying, but his fight was awesome :>

The contract scene didn't leave too much of an impact on me, probably because I'm not much for dramatic scenes like that - too gentle(?) I thought Ikoma was trying to rush to save everyone, not delicately take his time to drink blood from pretty Ayame :'o
I did really like the scene where the kabane tried to go for Ayame right before that though - surrounded in the dark, while Ayame was out in the light


All in all I enjoyed the episode, I did find it kind of anticlimactic how fast Ikoma killed the Kabane so quickly after all the cool fight scenes from the others, though it made sense. Humans be full of fear but it still baffles me how everyone thought Mumei was a monster just because she killed a pregnant woman, who was already known by everyone to be a kabane. Good action, good music, as usual!
 
May 5, 2016 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4657
the worst episode so far - a lot of unintentionally hilarious moments and Sawano's OST was disgustingly overbearing. Buuuuut it's still So. Easy. to watch. Each episode just flies by, unlike Attack on Titan. Goddamn, if only Attack on Titan had the brisk pacing of this show and didn't wallow in its own dirge.
 
May 5, 2016 8:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
GamePois0n said:
screaming contest, LMFAO

ROFLMFAO!!! XD
I was shrieking with laughter while the two of them were screaming at each other. I can't hahahha ;____;

#SQUADGOALS (ง ͠°ᗜ °)ง


I'm the Baby BTW lol

 
May 5, 2016 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1193
I rolled my eyes pretty much at all the doubters. I was kind of glad they died.
 
May 5, 2016 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 202
Great EP! 4/5

Them sons of bitches locking Ikoma and Mumei and their friends at the back. Glad most of em are dead.
This was a pretty intense episode with what the train nearly losing half of its occupants? Finally they start to get the idea that having superpowered-immune to bites-while needing only blood allies is a pretty damn good bargain.

Also in spite of how dire this ep was I cant help but laugh at some of the scenes.
Mumei calling Ikoma a pervert. ( That magnificent armpit view tho, dayum)
The screaming contest between the duel wield kabane and that guy. It was like, The guy : 'screaming'. Wazatori : 'scream while readying his blade' yup you gonna die.
The " wow" by the broken English guy cracked me up. I know people are dying around atm but i just cant help it xD.

The contact has been sealed. Will be looking forward to how they will go about feeding them in the upcoming episodes.
Finally Kurusu toning down his tsun.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
 
May 5, 2016 8:54 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 7041
So far, the more we advance in the story, the more i'm liking mumei.
 
May 5, 2016 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 542
Shokugeki said:
Ayame's born a natural leader. It was nice to see everyone stepping up and volunteering their own blood for Ikoma and Mumei. What really got me was when Ayame said she would use her own blood for the two. What a great girl.


Sorry for quoting you, but I do have a gripe with this(and this is not aimed just at you, but to other people as well who share the same opinion as yours).
What makes Ayame a natural born leader? What are these exemplary traits that have been shown by her that make her a leader that's worth to follow or give your life for? She exhibits none of these traits, yet people in the previous episode discussions also said she's great as a leader, yet she hasn't show any such trait.
She's not worthy to follow, her decisions are questionable, she lacks confidence, her uniting of people is nowhere to be seen, her charisma is low on the charts, her organisational and managerial skills are never shown, nor she has shown any such abilities; there are other things that I could pick and point why she's not worth of following, especially in such chaotic world.




I guess I'll be the only one to question, why the hell hasn't that train crashed when it hit that body or rock? And if it was a body, how can it cause the train to jump in a way that's going to throw the train off the rails?
Modified by ouriel, May 5, 2016 9:06 PM
 
May 5, 2016 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 351
zellami said:
So, oujo-sama bled for the greater good after sacrificing another batch of peasants :))



is that samurai zombie like 8 feet tall
 
May 5, 2016 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1593
Loved the episode! Mini-rebellion happened, I guess discrimination in the train got some what neutralized.

I love the ED, too bad it keeps getting copyrighted on YT. -.-
 
May 5, 2016 9:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 47
Fappa said:
Tyrel said:
Did the ED song change...? Even if a little bit. It's a bit longer than the previous lol.


Yeah it did. I think in the OST preview there is another version of the ending song sung by another person and its named differently. Or it just may be the part of the ending we don't know yet. I think I could hear chelly and aimer swap back and forth which wasn't the case in the regular ED


It's the second verse of the ED. This time lead by Chelly with Aimer in the background. Bridge goes back to Aimer in the lead. This part was previewed on Aimer's site. I've played the regular ED and this part back to back for a while now.

Also, look out for the two guys who didn't raise their hands when asked about donating blood to try to screw everyone over before the end of series.
Modified by paganpoor, May 5, 2016 9:23 PM
 
May 5, 2016 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5209
man this show still gives me a good laugh at times but its enjoyable plus the music is jamin this alt version of the ED is nice as well
 
May 5, 2016 9:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 395
Man, those pans of still images, knew the animators wouldn't be able to keep up the quality, but still pretty happy with the anime so far.

KoreaWS said:
About the barrels, there are letters on them. You can see them at around 11:35. I'm assuming it says gunpowder, I don't know japanese.

I'm still waiting for Ikoma to get mad at Mumei for not warning him about the blood stuff beforehand.
The letters are "火薬" (oddly enough the characters for "fire" and "medicine" respectively), it's read "kayaku" and means gunpowder.

And pretty much everyone needs to get mad at Mumei for being so light with the information, particularly since she's in the habit of revealing it after it becomes an issue.
Modified by MysteriousBanana, May 5, 2016 9:51 PM
 
May 5, 2016 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 3219
Time for more hack n slash action. This time against more danger-type Kabaneri, Wasatori.
And here I thought that Kurusu will be the one who giving the blood, since he's already wounded badly and maybe intend to "pay" for his debt to Ikoma for saving all of the people before.
 
May 5, 2016 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 441
This one felt like the fucking last episode
 
May 5, 2016 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 917
I'd give Mumei my blood~
Kurusu... You may be an asshole but I'll admit you were pretty cool today xD
Glad everyone is slowly beginning to trust Kabaneris now all for them to blame Ikoma and co later in the series because humanity

Cool to see how Ikoma's fighting ability leveled up from his getting bullied beat up by Mumei

Can't wait for next ep (when will Kurusu get his Kabane sword!?)
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
 
May 5, 2016 10:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 28
I got a strange feeling that Munmei is actually Ikoma's sister.
 
May 5, 2016 10:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Duri1n said:
The episode was... okay for me. Some pretty nice fighting scenes (specifically at the top of the train and when Kurusu appeared with his sword), and some okay-ish ones (found the Kabane shield scenes a bit inconsistent and unexciting...).

I was pleasantly surprised that the ppl were able to leave the bonfire place before the Kabane attacked. I was questioning the wisdom of setting up a bonfire and having so many ppl outside the train in the previous episode, but seeing as they suffered no losses when the Kabane came, I guess it wasn't an issue after all.

I guess I must be one of the few who weren't quite impressed with the whole Princess going this blood I bleed for you is a contract scene...

Honestly, the whole time before that, I was screaming at Ayame or Ikoma to wake up and drink some damn blood before they go crazy... Seriously, wtf is Ayame thinking. Being the 'senior Kabaneri', she should have the sense to know when to feed herself and how to handle Ikoma's situation (which I deemed pretty damn dire)... When the 3 'Kabane-lovers' were thrown into their carriage, there was all the opportunity in the world to take a tiny sip of blood, which is all Ikoma seemed to need from the princess... It couldn't be anymore obvious that the reason why they made the characters so damn stupid for so long was to make that 'epic/climactic' scene happen... I actually liked the idea, it actually sounds pretty epic, but I didn't like how they went about carrying out the idea...


A few thoughts and queries...

What does Rokkan Shojo mean? (Did I miss or forget something from previous episodes?)

Anyone else thought it might not be a good idea for ppl like Kurusu (though it would've been a nice somewhat apologetic gesture) to contribute their blood to the Kabaneri? I mean, giving out blood won't kill you, but I'm pretty certain it'd affect your physical strength... which I'd say isn't exactly the best thing you want a warrior to have... Just a minor thought that popped up at the end

Anyone else trying to figure out how Ayame's bow works? It's got this string roller mechanism bit powered by god knows what... I reckon the arrow tip must somehow be held in place, to be released by a trigger controlled by her left hand, so she would need to release the string and pull the trigger simultaneously... That was actually pretty cool. For a moment earlier, I was thinking how the hell a damn bow was gonna pierce a Kabane's heart, especially with Ayame being so small...

Also, anyone else find it slightly inconsistent that the heart bomb made such a massive hole on the side AND top of the carriage? I mean, weren't they meant for controlled explosions? When Mumei's Priest friend and the very first guy in the first episode got bitten and used it, the bomb went off had just the right amount of power to destroy their hearts, whereas here it was like a freaking overpowered grenade...

Again, did no one else think it would've been smarter to have locked the carriage door instead of putting up shields in the middle? Okay, I don't know the structure of the carriage, so I wouldn't know if they even had that option, but wouldn't it make a huge amount of sense to be able to isolate a carriage (like the rear one that Ikoma and Mumei were locked into). There would've been absolutely no need for a fight like the one they were having and there would've been fewer casualties... It wouldn't solve the problem, obviously, but it would've bought them a whole lot more time.

And this is just me being slightly petty here, but I kinda wished they had explained how the pregnant woman got infected and managed to escape detection for so long... In fact, in general, I wished they could be more informative about Kabane by now, because they keep throwing in new and different, sometimes seemingly contrasting characteristics every week, and it makes it feel like they're sometimes adjusting what Kabane are to fit the storyline... When they need some fast Kabane to instill panic in the evacuating population in Ep 2, the Kabane are fast, when they need them to slow down so that Kurusu can fight them off in a narrow space in this ep, they're slow. Need the Kabane to take over an entire city in mere hours? Sure, they turn ppl immediately. Need an emo scene for Ikoma to find his sister's turning body or for the pregnant lady to add some tension? Okay, it doesn't turn ppl immediately. Obviously, everything is explained by saying, oh, different people have different traits, so why can't Kabane. But I'm not very satisfied with that explanation and would be more inclined to claim that the writing was lazy.

Finally, how was it that the Kabane had no problems not having their heads lobbed off when the train went through tunnels but Ikoma and Mumei had to be extra careful to only run around when the train left the tunnels for that reason? Again, another bit of writing that was meant to add tension at the expense of being consistent...


tl:dr
What does Rokkan Shojo mean?
Good idea for Warriors to share blood with Kabaneri since loss of blood would weaken them?
Wondering how Ayame's bow works
Why is the heart bomb so damn powerful this episode?
Why didn't they lock the carriage doors to keep the Kabane out?
How did that pregnant woman get infected and I wish the show could be more informative/consistent about Kabane in general
Why didn't the Kabane lose their heads when the train went through the tunnel, while Mumei and Ikoma had to wait?


The guy who used the suicide bag was sitting right I front of barrels of gun powder. Rewatch it and you'll see
 
May 5, 2016 10:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 395
Duri1n said:

tl:dr
What does Rokkan Shojo mean?
Good idea for Warriors to share blood with Kabaneri since loss of blood would weaken them?
Wondering how Ayame's bow works
Why is the heart bomb so damn powerful this episode?
Why didn't they lock the carriage doors to keep the Kabane out?
How did that pregnant woman get infected and I wish the show could be more informative/consistent about Kabane in general
Why didn't the Kabane lose their heads when the train went through the tunnel, while Mumei and Ikoma had to wait?
There was a post in the second episode discussion that explained it's a Buddhist chant.
Well, the more people there are to contribute, the less load there is on each person, so it's not a terrible idea.
You can see there's a notch on the bow to rest the arrow on, so her finger is free to operate the trigger, and she doesn't need to release the arrow at the same time - she first pulls the trigger, then releases the arrow when she (presumably) feels the resistance on the string spike.
As pointed out by others his back was against three kegs of gunpowder (further suggesting the steam rifles aren't powered purely by steam).
For drama, really.
That'll be a mystery the series takes to its grave.
Presumably because the kabane on the roof didn't need/bother to stand until they noticed Ikoma and Mumei. They would have just clung to the roof/side and beat on it with their fists instead of trying to find a doorway in, thus inadvertently keeping a low profile.
Modified by MysteriousBanana, May 5, 2016 10:28 PM
 
May 5, 2016 10:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 136
Seeing the rabble act retarded is getting kinda old, people being stupid makes sense in a show like this but seeing it every episode would drive me insane. But seriously that epic OST and clean fight choreography/animation gave me the chills for like the entire latter half of the episode. Still amazing overall
Q: The world won't change, you must change yourself in this world. Now, how will you change yourself?

A: Become the god of the new world.
 
May 5, 2016 10:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11796
ok that was a good episode they finally made peace with the kabanari
 
May 5, 2016 10:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 51322
Wazatoris or samurai zombies

i bet there will be a time where the Kabaneri's like Ikoma will need a lot of blood just to power up and fight like real vampires are

and damn the animation quality drop to average animation in this episode though
 
May 5, 2016 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 8476
Predictable. Okay episode I guess.
 
May 5, 2016 11:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 900
Is there a reason that i missed why ikoma has green skin when mumie has "normal" skin.
 
May 5, 2016 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 872
Sweanime said:
Is there a reason that i missed why ikoma has green skin when mumie has "normal" skin.

Nope. No reason at the moment. Might had to do with the Kabanerization process both had to go through, but it is all speculation. Nice catch though.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
 
May 5, 2016 11:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 71
excellent episode, much that needed to be said was already covered by everyone else posting ahead of me. a lot of what didn't really need to be said as well... so we'll ignore it.

Seems to me that more than a few misunderstandings could've been avoided had Mumei taken the time to, you know... explain what a kabaneri is? like what they eat? she did know they would have to eat at some point right?

KoreaWS said:
Sweanime said:
Is there a reason that i missed why ikoma has green skin when mumie has "normal" skin.

Nope. No reason at the moment. Might had to do with the Kabanerization process both had to go through, but it is all speculation. Nice catch though.


Concerning the color difference between Mumei and Ikoma, I figure it will be something along the lines of how they got the virus. After Mumei killed the pregnant lady, she said the baby was infected too. I'm leaning toward that being her origin.

good to see kurusu getting his ass kicked. points for that.

significant reduction in the clan headsmen. points for that.

if kabane learn from experience, then I'm somewhat expecting to see hierarchy and/or some kind of leadership zombie. zombie version of the alpha wolf, leading the pack.

awaiting next episode.
Modified by bear808, May 5, 2016 11:37 PM
 
May 5, 2016 11:45 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1
Rokkon Sho Jou means "六根清浄" which comes from Buddhist philosophy.

You could often hear this muttered by Japanese climbing Mt Fuji {Source : https://haikugirl.me/2014/12/14/word-of-the-week-rokkonshojo/)

In Buddhist philosophy "六根清浄" Rokkon Sho Jou means purification of the 5 senses and one's mind.

So I figured that their chant after their victories are just to chasten their conviction that the ordeals they have gone through further purifies their way/mind.


For some weird reasons, I am trying to draw parallel between KnK with Snowpiercer (2013) movie. XD

Just my 2c of random thoughts
Modified by zerxevo, May 6, 2016 12:17 AM
 
May 6, 2016 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4426
@kamisama751
If the barrel is that strong to destroy the side of the train why the bottom is completely fine?

@koreaWS
Around minute 16 Ikoma fells on his knees, doesn't seem to be doing that on purpose and says "not me too" referring to Mumei being exhausted.
Planetes said:
Living alone and dying alone... alone... How could anyone be satisfied with that? It's stupid... Space is too big to face all alone.
 
Top
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »