Forums
Dec 1, 2018 5:57 PM

Here is the vol 18 cover

Dec 18, 2018 7:40 AM

More Vol 18 illustrations!

That's Sylphy! ^
Modified by IndianAnimeReker, Dec 18, 2018 7:43 AM

Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Asking to WN readers: how many volumes do you think it will take to finish Arc 5? How is the LN pacing going, compared to the WN?

Feb 21, 7:26 PM

At Tappei's current pace of heavy editing, I'm betting it's 4 volumes. As in the next volume will likely finish the Arc off. Tappei has dragged Arc 5's final conflict with the Witch Cult much earlier by writing entirely new scenes and setting up all the protags in the right positions to begin the final battle.

In the WN there's not much that happens during this second act apart from the simultaneous battles (which are easier to shorten as well). If not 4 then it is definitely 5 volumes - so two more volumes to go.

It all depends on the next volumes' pace. Disregarding the pace however, one things for sure is that the LN's version of Arc 5 is much better (and would well for a future anime adaptation).

Feb 23, 4:07 AM

LeloTheUnamused said:
Asking to WN readers: how many volumes do you think it will take to finish Arc 5? How is the LN pacing going, compared to the WN?

About 2 or 3 vols, but no more. Vol 18 is at the midpoint and which stopped around chapter 48. The Arc 5 WN ends ch 84, epilogues included.

At this pace Tappei may catch up to the current WN Arc within the end of the year.

Feb 23, 7:30 AM

I see, thanks to both of you.
And the next volume will come out this march, right?

Mh, mh.

Feb 25, 6:54 AM

Oh wow. I didn't know people still come here.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Feb 27, 2:27 AM
Well idk where else to go for this but I have a question. Sooo for Subarus gate thing will he ever be able to get it fixed fully? Cuz his gate isn't 100% broken because he's still able to use some magic with help of course but I'm just wondering, will it ever fully repair?

Mar 2, 5:22 AM

So apparently we'll get volume 5 at the end of the month over here.
What about the english speaking community? Is it volume 9 or 10?

AnimeManTy said:
Cuz his gate isn't 100% broken because he's still able to use some magic

...Huh?? Aren't you misunderstanding something here?

Mar 2, 11:46 AM

AnimeManTy said:
Well idk where else to go for this but I have a question. Sooo for Subarus gate thing will he ever be able to get it fixed fully? Cuz his gate isn't 100% broken because he's still able to use some magic with help of course but I'm just wondering, will it ever fully repair?

Nope, his gate permanently ruptured. Subaru only able to use magic now (which dis ifferent standard magic) through his contract with Beatrice which lets him borrow her power.

Also:

vol 19 cover preview: Priscilla and Liliana on the cover.

Tanpenshuu vol 4 (Translation: Short Story Collections)

Mar 19, 6:13 PM

@LeloTheUnamused, @IndianAnimeReker @Tony_SansNom

Some leaked Vol 19 and Tanpenshuu 4 illustrations

Tanpen 4

Vol 19 Synopsis & Chapter Titles
"I deny all that you are. ...You vulgar thing."

Needing to free the city that has been occupied by the archbishops, the royal candidates and their knights clash at last with the archbishops! In order to recover Emilia, who was kidnapped by Regulus of "Greed", Subaru and Reinhard fight their way towards the worst wedding ever. Now, against the "Invincible" authority of the enraged Regulus, the tag-team of the strongest and weakest knights go to face and overthrow him...! Behind the fierce battles of "Sword Demon" and "Sword Saint", "Eight Arms" and "Gorgeous Tiger", "The Most Valuable Knight" and "Gluttony", and "The Bloody Bride" and "Wrath", the waters of the Water Gate City burn white hot...

"Yes, that's true. I'm a monster that hunts monsters. ...It's time for you, too, to accept your fate."

The popular web novel, act nineteen of ice, flame, and retribution. For each of the hearts you have trodden on, may you be rejected by the love you desire.

Prologue: A City of Strife
Chapter 1: Thus Opens The Crusade Against Greed
Chapter 2: The Burning City Eulogy
Chapter 3: The Signing of a Divorce
Chapter 4: Liliana Masquerade
Chapter 5: -Faih
Chapter 6: Regulus Corneas

Tanpenshuu Chapters
Chapter 1: Felt-chan's Royal Election Life From Zero
Chapter 2: Royal Election Life From Zero: The Golden Lion and the Sword Saint
Chapter 3: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Chapter 4: Otto's Peddling Record of Joy and Sorrow
Modified by Jagd84, Mar 19, 6:50 PM

Mar 20, 10:23 AM

Oh wow, it seems it will be an heavy volume, mh?

So we're at the Regulus wedding point, does this fit into your prediction of pacing for the rest of this arc?

(also, THAT Priscilla pic is 10/10)

How are the Tanpeshuu volumes doing? It seems new volumes keep being released but I'm not well informed about them nor their actual contents.
The main "worldbuilding" novel series is still EX, right?

Mar 21, 8:14 AM

Was the Priscilla one really necessary lol.

Mar 22, 11:08 AM

Tony_SansNom said:
Was the Priscilla one really necessary lol.

Of course ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Man catching up the WebNovel & seeing all the stuff surrounding the LN cant wait to get the offical tranlated LN on my bookshelf.

Mar 23, 3:31 AM

YOOOOOO SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

Mar 23, 6:17 AM

LeloTheUnamused said:
YOOOOOO SEASON 2 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD

Who the hell messed with the timeline? It's a great time to be alive.

On a quick edit, it was always obvious season two would be a thing especially with the second OVA. But the problem was always when it would come.
Modified by SirLezard, Mar 23, 6:28 AM

Mar 23, 6:31 AM

Lets hope the old team from Season 1 will also work on Season 2.
But yeah hyped for Echidna. Seeing her animated will be a blessing.

Mar 24, 5:50 AM

Regarding Roswaal in arc 4, is there anything relevant that was cut/changed in the LN, compared to the WN, or his motivations, plots etc are basically the same in here too?

I'm asking since I haven't been able to check the LN yet and I know that it was adapted and shortened a lot, but without actually removing much content (since Tappei is getting really good ad editing, as far as I know), is that correct?

Mar 24, 7:32 AM

LeloTheUnamused said:
Regarding Roswaal in arc 4, is there anything relevant that was cut/changed in the LN, compared to the WN, or his motivations, plots etc are basically the same in here too?

I'm asking since I haven't been able to check the LN yet and I know that it was adapted and shortened a lot, but without actually removing much content (since Tappei is getting really good ad editing, as far as I know), is that correct?

Here is a google doc that basiclly tells you the important changes.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iCIAkimv9IqGFxTJ-GN9ShoZa3YdOkqiu4nyX1WVcHQ/edit#

Mar 24, 8:00 AM

Thanks a lot, it's really helpful

Mar 25, 2:02 PM

Wondering If should make an new general discussions in the season 2 forum. What ya'll think?

@LeloTheUnamused @Tony_SansNom @IndianAnimeReker

Mar 25, 3:41 PM

Jagd84 said:
Wondering If should make an new general discussions in the season 2 forum. What ya'll think?

Should it be about the whole series?

Mar 26, 1:51 AM

Jagd84 said:

The problem is that, because of how MAL works, season 2 will have its own forum so all the stuff we're talking about here could be easily lost in time. It is indeed something to think about.

imho you could create a new general discussions thread that still links (in its first post maybe, idk) to this one, and keep this on for future seasons, so that each one will have that thread but there will be a connection to this one, for those interested in it.
It should specify that LN spoilers are present in the discussion tho (or we should just agree to re-use spoiler tags), since we'll probably just continue this conversation there (if not, I don't really see a particular reason for changing threads and most of us will still keep talking here)

That's my (confusing) opinion, at least

Mar 26, 2:46 AM

I see, that sounds like a good idea. I''ll setup things up when I have more time, so for time being this wil still e in use.

Mar 26, 5:56 AM

Oh and BTW the rest of vol 19 scans are here.

https://imgur.com/a/hGZ8lwL#qktDgju
Modified by Jagd84, Mar 26, 7:00 AM

Mar 27, 2:36 AM

Jagd84 said:

I'm of the opinion that we continue this thread over at Season 2's thread when it begins airing only. Post-S1 this thread has mainly been used to provide updates on RZ content past the anime, as well general Q/A of the events in Season 1 (and the occasional arguments lol).

Once Season 2 airs, information about post-S2 content should be on the Season 2 discussion thread is what I think is logical. For now I think we can still use this thread as the 'main page', then shift it to Season 2's discussion thread when it's time to do so.

Mar 27, 7:34 AM

Hmm, sounds like a good idea I guess. There really isn't a pressing need to move forums yet anyway.

HQ scans v19 and Tanpen 4

https://imgur.com/a/91AeTe5
https://imgur.com/a/Jy7PzaV

Mar 27, 8:03 AM

That Al VS Capella illustration really gives me hype

Also I'm really curious for this Tanpen volume, I'd like to know more about its content (anything with Priscilla and/or Al is interesting to me lol)

Mar 27, 9:06 AM

Jagd84 said:
Hmm, sounds like a good idea I guess. There really isn't a pressing need to move forums yet anyway.

HQ scans v19 and Tanpen 4

https://imgur.com/a/91AeTe5
https://imgur.com/a/Jy7PzaV

The hell happened to Emillia's leg? Or is it simply bad drawing? It looks twisted.

Mar 27, 11:11 PM

It's perspective. You view something moving in mid motion.

Jun 5, 8:17 PM

@mozgow @LeloTheUnamused @Tony_SansNom

Vol 20 cover

Full art:

Synopsis:

"Theresia, you are beautiful. ...That is why you mustn't be here."

The archbishops of "Greed" and "Wrath" have fallen, but even then the fighting continues in the watergate city. While being watched over by the cold, silver moon, the struggles of friends in different places sets off sparks...! The endless hunger of "Gluttony", the unfulfillable passion of "Lust", the unfailing fighting spirit of "Eight Arms", and the unfinished business of the "Sword Saint" threaten the peace of the city, and one by one, the royal selection camps fall into crisis. The battlefield of impending defeat will be changed by oaths from the past, and promises with friends. And by the "Sword Saint", burning like a red inferno...

"If you knew that I actually fell in love with you at first sight, how surprised would you be?"

From the popular web novel, the twentieth volume of endings and curtains being raised. ...If I could ask one thing, it would be for you to be at peace at last.

Basically the last volume of this arc.

Jun 6, 4:01 AM

@Jagd84 So onto arc 6 next volume then? I hear Tappei won't stop the web novel but the light novel is coming dangerously close. Not only has he not given us a new chapter for half a year but also, arc 6 was already in hiatus for the anime three years ago. This really doesn't sound good to me.

Jun 6, 6:07 AM

Woooooooo, very nice

Maybe we'll get a bit more info about the anime when this volume comes out

Jun 6, 6:40 AM

@Jagd84
I think you have tagged the wrong person (or maybe not :D)

Nice cover, BTW :-)
I will probably read it a year from now.

Jun 6, 2:14 PM

Tony_SansNom said:
@Jagd84 So onto arc 6 next volume then? I hear Tappei won't stop the web novel but the light novel is coming dangerously close. Not only has he not given us a new chapter for half a year but also, arc 6 was already in hiatus for the anime three years ago. This really doesn't sound good to me.

Well, like I mentioned elsewhere it's not like the LN releases cna't slow down. Especially since there is enough material for 2 seasons.

mozgow said:
@Jagd84
I think you have tagged the wrong person (or maybe not :D)

Nice cover, BTW :-)
I will probably read it a year from now.

I tagged you since I thought you lurked in the thread and would be interested. Sorry if I spoiled you a bit. XD

Jun 6, 2:36 PM

@Jagd84
I've checked it once when the first season ended :-P

Now I know what would happen but not how :-)

You can tag me once next cover is revealed.

Jun 7, 6:13 AM

Jagd84 said:
Well, like I mentioned elsewhere it's not like the LN releases cna't slow down. Especially since there is enough material for 2 seasons.

Well it's true. Still, Tappei should be careful, he has been putting arc 6 aside for years, hardly advancing it.

Jun 7, 5:50 PM

mozgow said:
@Jagd84
I've checked it once when the first season ended :-P

Now I know what would happen but not how :-)

You can tag me once next cover is revealed.

Cool, will keep that in mind.

Pages (93) « First ... « 91 92 [93]