Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (93) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 26, 2016 12:58 AM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Some people claimed that episode 9 is "The Meaning of Courage" which is exactly the title of chapter 38, so it's actually not a stretch. However, I haven't seen the actual proof for it like scan or anything.

Edit: Oh cool, I dig deeper and found the schedule. Yeah episode 9 is chapter 38 from TV Tokyo's website.

Edit 2: Upon further inspection, I now believed that arc 2 will end on episode 11. It would make sense because BD volume 4 stops on episode 11 and box set 1 is for volume 1-4.

See that BOX 1 illustration? it's only arc 1 and arc 2 characters with no arc 3 characters.

Volume 5 BD or episode 12 should start arc 3 because a new BOX set is given. I mean theoretically, you would start a new arc on a new BD volume right? So I think arc 2 will end on episode 11.

See? I told you episode 9 is "The Meaning of Courage" :P

Also that box illustration looks good, how do I order that? Do I have to purchase it from a certain shop or something?

Hmm you just need to buy the first BD volume and you will automatically get the box.

It was specifically listed under Volume 1's bonus:

②キャラクター原案・大塚真一郎描き下ろし収納BOX 1

It didn't have the same listing like the "what if" whole volume purchase bonus.

⑦全巻購入特典・長月達平書き下ろし小説『Re:IFから始める異世界生活』(約290P)応募券 1

Meaning: Whole volume purchase bonus written by Tappei Nagatsuki, Re:IFから始める異世界生活 (about 290P) application ticket 1.

And you know how that goes, under all 9 BDs bonuses, you'd see application ticket 1 to 9 ONLY for that "what if" chapter. So the BOX is just for volume 1 purchase.

This is also supported from my experience buying DAL BDs. Both seasons of their volume 1 gave out the box set too without having to purchase the whole package. The box itself houses all the discs like the example I have below:

May 26, 2016 1:42 AM
Jun 2011
DarklordVor said:
elior1 said:
i a bit sad that the reveal of who summoned subaro to this world will reveal in the 4 arc since we will need a second season for this to show up

Well, the problem is, are they going to adapt a second season (arc 4) before the LN did?

Since what I'm thinking is that they will wait for the LN to finish adapting arc 4, so that the anime won't steal the revenue for the LN future release. So we won't get a second season in at least 3 years (assuming three volumes each year with 9 volumes total for arc 4)
arc 4 still didn't endded in the LN yet? what arc in the LN right now?
May 26, 2016 2:30 AM

Mar 2010
LightKings12 said:
DarklordVor said:

Hmm.... kinda faithful. Omitted scenes here and there is expected in most anime. I believe the anime is kind of an adaptation to the LN instead of the WN, since the WN is a bit longer than the LN and yes the LN is an adaptation to the WN.

What makes you say that it's an adaptation to the LN instead of the WN? Wouldn't it make sense to adapt from the original source rather than the adaptation source?

Because LN is a little more polished and better paced then WN is and there is not enough significant difference between the two to choose the WN over it. You not missing anything from not seeing those scenes.

That anime has been perfectly faithful to source as much as it can within it's format.
Iron_MawMay 26, 2016 6:02 AM
May 26, 2016 2:31 AM

Dec 2014
I know the LN will be translated by YenPress.
But what is the status on the WN. Is there any english translation on the WN?
May 26, 2016 2:39 AM

Mar 2015
elior1 said:
DarklordVor said:

Well, the problem is, are they going to adapt a second season (arc 4) before the LN did?

Since what I'm thinking is that they will wait for the LN to finish adapting arc 4, so that the anime won't steal the revenue for the LN future release. So we won't get a second season in at least 3 years (assuming three volumes each year with 9 volumes total for arc 4)
arc 4 still didn't endded in the LN yet? what arc in the LN right now?

The LN is currently on arc 3. Arc 4 has not started yet, speculatedly on volume 10.

MonoReaper said:
I know the LN will be translated by YenPress.
But what is the status on the WN. Is there any english translation on the WN?

There is no official translation for WN, because it doesn't generate profit for Yen Press. There is also no fan translation for it.

May 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Apr 2015
I heard that Tappei ( the author ) is heavily involved into the production hence the WN is on hiatus atm.
He also seems to make directional choices like the double cut out of the OP & ED in episode 3 & 7.

Since many people were amazed with the work of Subaru's voice actor Tappei sent a big letter with fan mail to his office and they were really amazed.

Also if I recall correctly Tappei said in one interview that he wants his entire story adapted into an anime by any means.

Anyway so it seems like it will end on episode 11 huh? 14 episodes still should be enough :)
Oh and the first 5 chapters of the manga for the third arc got translated in English.
May 26, 2016 6:01 AM
Sep 2013
I can't find the manga T_T Link please
May 26, 2016 6:06 AM

Mar 2010
Fappa said:
I heard that Tappei ( the author ) is heavily involved into the production hence the WN is on hiatus atm.
He also seems to make directional choices like the double cut out of the OP & ED in episode 3 & 7.

Since many people were amazed with the work of Subaru's voice actor Tappei sent a big letter with fan mail to his office and they were really amazed.

Also if I recall correctly Tappei said in one interview that he wants his entire story adapted into an anime by any means.

Anyway so it seems like it will end on episode 11 huh? 14 episodes still should be enough :)
Oh and the first 5 chapters of the manga for the third arc got translated in English.

Good to hear! Wish him and WF all the success. :)
May 26, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2014
It's been confirmed that the 2nd arc is going to be until episode 11.

Episode 9 "勇気の意味" (Yuuki no Imi - The Meaning of Courage)
Episode 10 "鬼がかったやり方" (Oni ga Katta Yari Kata)
Episode 11 "レム" (Rem)
Episode 12 " 再来の王道" (Sairai no Outou - Return to the Capital)

Can't find a way to translate episode 10, soz :p
So third arc is going to start from ep12, HYPE!
May 26, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2016
Hm so we have 14 episodes for arc 3. I hope they can pull it off.
May 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Mezter said:
It's been confirmed that the 2nd arc is going to be until episode 11.

Episode 9 "勇気の意味" (Yuuki no Imi - The Meaning of Courage)
Episode 10 "鬼がかったやり方" (Oni ga Katta Yari Kata)
Episode 11 "レム" (Rem)
Episode 12 " 再来の王道" (Sairai no Outou - Return to the Capital)

Can't find a way to translate episode 10, soz :p
So third arc is going to start from ep12, HYPE!

Nice to have the confirmation now :)!

It totally forgot some scenes that will happen in arc 2. Well, now I know why it's cleverer to adapt this in 3 episodes.

So this will leave episode 9 probably with

Alright arc 3 starts at episode 12; this is actually a nice point. When other shows end Re:Zero starts its new arc ( probably even with new OP & ED visuals ).

If episode 12 adapts what I think it does then this means
which would be one hell of a (late) bang to start off the summer season.
FappaMay 26, 2016 8:40 AM
May 26, 2016 12:22 PM
Jan 2011
Man. It's not like it didn't cross my mind that it could take them 3 instead of 2 episodes since of the large amount of content but they sure do take their time. In the end it actually might happen that they;ll end stuff with the white whale like I suggested.

My approximation of how many episodes they use for what in arc 3
(beware spoilers)

I assume that they will either do it like this, or they will really rush it or go for an original ending.
Dante323May 26, 2016 12:36 PM
May 26, 2016 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
Fappa said:

Wow he sound really passionate. I wish him the best and hope success follows him
Heall yeah Season 2 Hype! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
May 26, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
Dante323 said:

or they will really rush it or go for an original ending.

I think we can feel safe about these two options not happening. A lot of things go against both of them.

Also if we go that in depth about the episode count, we shouldn't forget that we will have 25 episodes that have the length of 28 regular episodes with the constant cutting of the OP & ED. It may not seem as much in a single episode but if it adds up this gives them a lot of space to work with.
May 26, 2016 1:13 PM
Jan 2011
Even with OP & ED cut I have a hard time believing they can put everything in. Not to mention that we can't expect them to cut them all the time.

But I just realized that we won't see chapter 66 if they end it with the white whale. We won't hear ~Subaru-kun~.
If they would want to adapt beyond that how many episodes with it take them?
May 26, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2015
Dante323 said:
Even with OP & ED cut I have a hard time believing they can put everything in. Not to mention that we can't expect them to cut them all the time.

But I just realized that we won't see chapter 66 if they end it with the white whale. We won't hear ~Subaru-kun~.

Putting everything in is too much of a wishful thinking, but that's in almost every adaptation the case. They have to shorten/cut some things out but so far they've proven that they know exactly "what" and "how" to cut/shorten.

Arc 3 is a entirely different beast, yeah I'm aware of that, still the director and the rest of the staff under the observation of Tappei himself show excellent decision making up to a point where I really don't have a single complaint.

Arc 2 has about 45 chapters IIRC and arc 3 has almost double the number of chapters, we shouldn't forget it has 3 times more volumes than arc 2 but not even double the size of it.

Good directing is able to pull off the best possible result in "clutch" situations like this. I believe with the correct directional choices they can bring the exact same point in a similar matter across while keeping it shorter than the LN version.

Besides Tappei expressed what he wants out of this adaptation and I doubt as the person he is, he would allow for the adaptation of his baby to end like that.

Re:Zero has actually a lot of potential for multiple "waves" of advertising. Since the source material is and will be extremely long they can advertise this whole series over and over again. The second wave for example would be once arc 4 is being finished in the LN. Another one could be Arc 5+6 ( depending on the length of arc 6 which we don't know yet ).

I really can't see them blocking their way through to that with a huge stop sign called "original ending" after adapting a mere 15% of the story. There is the case of - go read the source material if you want to know how it continues - but in case of Re:Zero this would be really stretched.

Well I ended up blabbering on and on..sorry :D

So in short, I can see it becoming a huge challenge to adapt this properly and not rushed with the ending of arc 3 as an ending of this season but from what they've proven us so far as well as the fact that there are ways to pull it off, I have faith in them :)
May 26, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
@Fappa so since WF is adapting up to Arc 3, would a full second season be able to adapt all of Arc 4+5?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 26, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
@Fappa so since WF is adapting up to Arc 3, would a full second season be able to adapt all of Arc 4+5?

Arc 4 definitely takes up one entire 2 cour season. It's the longest arc so far with ~1.5 million words ( it may be a bit shorter because of the editing done for the LN version ). Not only that but arc 4 reveals and addresses a lot of things that are really important for the overall story. They really can't afford to give this arc less than its own season.

Depending on the length of arc 6 one season could be 5+6 though.
May 26, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
bobzanny said:

Arc 4 definitely takes up one entire 2 cour season. It's the longest arc so far with ~1.5 million words ( it may be a bit shorter because of the editing done for the LN version ). Not only that but arc 4 reveals and addresses a lot of things that are really important for the overall story. They really can't afford to give this arc less than its own season.

Depending on the length of arc 6 one season could be 5+6 though.

God damn that's one hell of an Arc, really hope that it can be animated, will probably depend on net profits. Japan better eat up Re:Zero regardless on how dark it is.

I thought waiting for Winds of Winter would be excruciating, it is btw, but just to get the english release through Vol.4 is going to take forever.
May 26, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2015
Aha! I called it! Arc 2 will end on episode 11~ *happy dance*

Let me just edit my original post.

Dante323 said:

Stop. Stop. Don't make me remember ;_; *cries a river*

The one true end of Re:Zero is on Re:Zero's whole volume purchase bonus.
DarklordVorMay 26, 2016 2:15 PM

May 26, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Yes, Yes I resign. Here have a cookie of awesomeness :D

DarklordVor said:
The one true end of Re:Zero is on Re:Zero's volume purchase bonus.

Doesn't this confirm indirectly that we will see the end that breaks both of our hearts? I mean why would they include that as a bonus if they don't show us the reason why it is so special? :o

bobzanny said:

God damn that's one hell of an Arc, really hope that it can be animated, will probably depend on net profits. Japan better eat up Re:Zero regardless on how dark it is.

Yeah it's definitely needed. So far it's looking good!

bobzanny said:
I thought waiting for Winds of Winter would be excruciating, it is btw, but just to get the english release through Vol.4 is going to take forever.
Oh don't know that one but I guess everyone of us has at least one of "those" series.
May 26, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Yes, Yes I resign. Here have a cookie of awesomeness :D

Yay cookies!~

Fappa said:

DarklordVor said:
The one true end of Re:Zero is on Re:Zero's volume purchase bonus.

Doesn't this confirm indirectly that we will see the end that breaks both of our hearts? I mean why would they include that as a bonus if they don't show us the reason why it is so special? :o

D: it's going to be suffering.... they really are going to do it so people want to buy the whole volume bonus to get the true ending. My heart is not ready for this. It's going to be torn apart more than Subaru got torn apart.

May 26, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

D: it's going to be suffering.... they really are going to do it so people want to buy the whole volume bonus to get the true ending. My heart is not ready for this. It's going to be torn apart more than Subaru got torn apart.

What's the D standing for? :D

While that is a part of the reason why I also think it's the best way to end this season. The ending is paramount and that one would be so good, even though it rips our heart out.

Yes dude...I know why I'm somewhat bummed that the WN is currently on hiatus due to the author's involvement in the anime production. It's because I really want to know
May 26, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

What's the D standing for? :D

While that is a part of the reason why I also think it's the best way to end this season. The ending is paramount and that one would be so good, even though it rips our heart out.

Yes dude...I know why I'm somewhat bummed that the WN is currently on hiatus due to the author's involvement in the anime production. It's because I really want to know

Yeah that would have been the perfect way to end the season. Make all of us suffer as the series suffer.

Well hopefully with the author being on hiatus, he can get more involved and make it a good adaptation like these past few episodes.

May 26, 2016 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Well
May 26, 2016 9:53 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Well

May 27, 2016 12:03 AM
Sep 2012
Now that I think about it, it's definitely better that Arc 2 ends at episode 11 rather than 10. Rem is going to be a really major character, so they need to establish her character properly for Arc 3 to have its impact.

I'm also not too worried about having 14 episodes for Arc 3. Just using a bit of math:

(88 chapters in Arc 3)/(50 chapters in Arc 2) * (8 episodes for Arc 2) = 14.08 episodes for Arc 3

If we consider word count instead and take the ratio between Arc 2 to Arc 1 into account:

(1,073,963 in Arc 3)/(432,675 in Arc 2)*(8 episodes for Arc 2)*(2*149,002 in Arc 1)/(432,675 in Arc 2) = 13.7 episodes for Arc 3

This is all assuming that the studio doesn't go the route of 4 episodes per volume of course.
May 27, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2015
Sarnik said:
Now that I think about it, it's definitely better that Arc 2 ends at episode 11 rather than 10. Rem is going to be a really major character, so they need to establish her character properly for Arc 3 to have its impact.

I'm also not too worried about having 14 episodes for Arc 3. Just using a bit of math:

(88 chapters in Arc 3)/(50 chapters in Arc 2) * (8 episodes for Arc 2) = 14.08 episodes for Arc 3

If we consider word count instead and take the ratio between Arc 2 to Arc 1 into account:

(1,073,963 in Arc 3)/(432,675 in Arc 2)*(8 episodes for Arc 2)*(2*149,002 in Arc 1)/(432,675 in Arc 2) = 13.7 episodes for Arc 3

This is all assuming that the studio doesn't go the route of 4 episodes per volume of course.

Nice to know. I can't pull that off since I suck at math :D

Considering that they have about 15-16 episodes of content packed into these 14 makes it even better.

Yeah I have faith in them and I believe they will pull that off :)!
May 27, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

May 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
Btw I've wanted to ask this question for a while but is there a major goal in Re:Zero? And does it get addressed? I mean like a major goal unlike saving people in each arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
CG-Silver said:
Btw I've wanted to ask this question for a while but is there a major goal in Re:Zero? And does it get addressed? I mean like a major goal unlike saving people in each arc.

That's kinda hard to answer. First of all currently the show benefits from not having an overaching goal besides from Subaru surviving and keeping the people around him alive. You don't know where the story can go and that makes it intriguing.

But as soon as arc 3 arrives the goals take on a way bigger scale and number.

All in all I'd say instead of having one clear goal ( which is kinda predictable to be honest ) Re:Zero has many different ones that can turn out a failure or it gets fulfilled, you never know. The further we get into the story the more goals we get on our way too. At some point we have a big pile of them. The great thing is as much as the story adds new goals it also fullfills or does not fulfill exising ones, so you're never overwhelmed or get the impresssion that the story is going on without a direction.

The thing is each goal is worthy to be the main one. We don't talk about "I want to save person x" or "I want to get revenge on villain y" but actual personal desires that involve the history of this world and the characters' background. And basically every character is driven by at least 2 goals which often are in the interest of other characters too.

Personally I love that style of writing because it makes everything unpredictable but it also makes this world and its characters so much more alive.

If there is ever a definite goal that surpasses everything else in importance by a large margin then this still has to appear. The Story is only halfway written after all.
FappaMay 27, 2016 6:21 AM
May 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Mar 2016
Fappa said:
Personally I love that style of writing because it makes everything unpredictable but it also makes this world and its characters so much more alive.
That's true.

I just started reading the manga version of Arc 3 and noticed that Subaru looks younger :D
The artstyle is noticable different between the artists.

But I really like the worldbuilding and to see it in pictures works quite well. Still a month to see it on screen. T_T
May 27, 2016 6:35 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
That's true.

I just started reading the manga version of Arc 3 and noticed that Subaru looks younger :D
The artstyle is noticable different between the artists.

But I really like the worldbuilding and to see it in pictures works quite well. Still a month to see it on screen. T_T

Personally I prefer the mangaka of the second arc more. The third arc also skipped an event already.

I love
May 27, 2016 6:40 AM

Apr 2015
@Fappa
Thanks, that was helpful.

Also is it explained why is he transported to another world?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
CG-Silver said:
@Fappa
Thanks, that was helpful.

Also is it explained why is he transported to another world?

You're welcome!

Yes it's explained. Actually a lot of focus is laid onto that.
May 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

They will probably announce it in a few more weeks. Probably a week before airing because arc 3 is still like 23 more days. But I believe in them for voice casting. Rem's VA is awesome...

May 27, 2016 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

They will probably announce it in a few more weeks. Probably a week before airing because arc 3 is still like 23 more days. But I believe in them for voice casting. Rem's VA is awesome...

They can do so much if they find perfect voice actors

May 27, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

They can do so much if they find perfect voice actors

May 27, 2016 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

I know some people that
May 27, 2016 4:01 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

I know some people that

Well

May 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Well

Okay that's right.

May 27, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Well

Okay that's right.

The author is really good on writing. He can make a perfectly good happy stories like the "IF" chapter and a very sadistic story at the same time in the other bad ends. Especially White Fox is doing it justice, so I'm really happy for this series.

May 27, 2016 4:51 PM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:

Yea Inori Minase is killing it in this role so far, a lot better than the childish voice she was somewhat typecast as, also better voice acting than her other role in Netoge no Yome.

It'll be a bit interesting to see how she voices Rem after she get's out of her standoffish phase.
May 27, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
DarklordVor said:

Yea Inori Minase is killing it in this role so far, a lot better than the childish voice she was somewhat typecast as, also better voice acting than her other role in Netoge no Yome.

It'll be a bit interesting to see how she voices Rem after she get's out of her standoffish phase.

Wow, I honestly didn't know that standoffish is actually a phrase and had to google that lol.

standoffish means: distant and cold in manner; unfriendly.

But that doesn't make sense since standoff means: a stalemate or deadlock between two equally matched opponents in a dispute or conflict.

English is weird.

Though yeah, we will see how more of friendlier Rem like that episode 5's beautiful smile. Episode 11 hype - "Rem"

May 27, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
bobzanny said:

Wow, I honestly didn't know that standoffish is actually a phrase and had to google that lol.

But that doesn't make sense since standoff means: a stalemate or deadlock between two equally matched opponents in a dispute or conflict.

English is weird.

Though yeah, we will see how more of friendlier Rem like that episode 5's beautiful smile. Episode 11 hype - "Rem"

Lol don't try and make sense of the English language, it'll never end well.
Though concerning Rem...
May 27, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:
DarklordVor said:

English is weird.

Lol don't try and make sense of the English language, it'll never end well.
Though concerning Rem...

May 28, 2016 2:19 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

May 28, 2016 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

May 28, 2016 4:24 AM

Mar 2010
Fappa said:

DarklordVor said:

May 28, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:

Had to look him up but yeah he would definitely fit.

All The Anime just made the announcement that they have licensed Re:Zero.

Home video release here I come!
Pages (93) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.