Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 2016 8:23 PM
Mar 2009
As of now, the character "Red" (and, as I mentioned in the title, some other recurring Pokemon characters) all have a shared entry for multiple Pokemon series.

With characters like Professor Oak, who are all the same (typically minor) "Professor Oak" character in each series, I can perhaps understand this, but I'm not sure it makes sense to have major characters like Red have their multiple personas put into a single profile like this. They were both based on the same character, yes, but they're completely different in their individual series.

If Red from a short four episode OVA (Pokemon The Origin) is being treated as the same character as Red one of the protagonists of an ongoing manga series (Pokemon Special) based on how they're based on the same game character, then shouldn't Ash from the anime be lumped in with the two of them as well? In terms of execution, the only thing that differentiates these characters is what Ash is named. And in Ash's case, his series has adaptations, which further complicates it, I imagine.

And if not, then shouldn't the two Reds (and Blues/Greens, whichever the rival is) be separated?

That's what I think, at least.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1396 by RuiKirisuke »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Norio Wakamoto did narration for Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2

ryu2k2 - Apr 21

0 by ryu2k2 »»
Apr 21, 6:17 AM

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Apr 18, 1:45 AM

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Apr 17

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Apr 17, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Apr 16

0 by queserasera »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.