Forum Settings
Forums
#1
May 4, 2016 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 99
This is a pretty stupidly simple one, but the image text (the text that appears in replacement for an image that hasn't loaded) for the link to episode streaming that is at the top of every page contains a typo.

It reads: "Watch Leagal Streaming Anime on MyAnimeList" when obviously it's meant to read "legal".



Haha, just a thing that annoys me every time I browse this site and I would be greatly thankful if someone could just correct it. And FYI the image loading isn't the site's fault, it happens regularly with my internet access -_-
Modified by Tyrel, Aug 8, 2016 10:51 PM
 
#2
May 8, 2016 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 331
Over 20,000 offical streaming anime videos are available on MyAnimeList.
© http://myanimelist.net/watch/episode?_location=mal_h_m

Should be:

Over 20,000 official streaming anime videos are available on MyAnimeList.
 
#3
May 8, 2016 4:20 AM
DB Administrator
Summer☆Time

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18019
Threads Merged.
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site. If there are spelling errors on anime/manga/character/person database entries please use the edit links (if available) or post in the modifications threads in the DB sub-forums.

It seems the first error has already been fixed. I've reported the other one now, thanks.
 
#4
May 8, 2016 4:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 99
Luna said:
It seems the first error has already been fixed.


Yep its fixed. ^^
 
#5
May 8, 2016 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 331
Luna said:
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site.

1. http://imgur.com/nfqwoNH

"Tips and Guidelines
Full guidelines available here(full stop)."

2. http://imgur.com/5lERhsS

"Review Tips and Guidelines
Don't steal anyone elses work, this review should be all in your own writing."

Should be: "Don't steal anyone else's work, this review should be all in your own writing."

EDIT:

3. http://imgur.com/qVkDBGI

Over 20,000 offical streaming anime videos are available on MyAnimeList.

Modified by Bilgamesh, May 9, 2016 7:00 AM
 
#6
May 10, 2016 7:00 AM
News Team
Pocky Priestess

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1385
LordVitaly said:
Over 20,000 offical streaming anime videos are available on MyAnimeList.
© http://myanimelist.net/watch/episode?_location=mal_h_m

Should be:

Over 20,000 official streaming anime videos are available on MyAnimeList.


This spelling error has been fixed.
News Guidelines | Submit News (Complete article, no one-liners. For news tips, PM me or other news mods!)
Slow news reports? Don't worry, we know a scoop fast enough, but due to strict guidelines, we require confirmation from multiple independent sources.
 
#7
May 17, 2016 6:54 AM
Aloha Oi~

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1135
Sorry, didn't notice I could change it myself.

So I guess I'll report spelling errors here?

It's not confirmed, but I believe there's a spelling error in Sasha Kreuzhev's character page. According to Toarumajutsunoindex wiki about Sasha Kreutzev it's typed in a different way.
Modified by Stitch, May 17, 2016 8:14 AM
 
#8
May 17, 2016 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13435
Misaka said:
So I guess I'll report spelling errors here?

It's not confirmed, but I believe there's a spelling error in Sasha Kreuzhev's character page. According to Toarumajutsunoindex wiki about Sasha Kreutzev it's typed in a different way.

No? Read this:
Luna said:
Threads Merged.
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site. If there are spelling errors on anime/manga/character/person database entries please use the edit links (if available) or post in the modifications threads in the DB sub-forums.

It seems the first error has already been fixed. I've reported the other one now, thanks.


So just click on : http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=characters&do=edit&character_id=19184
and edit it?
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
#9
May 17, 2016 8:14 AM
Aloha Oi~

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1135
@Iizbakaokay oh crap, I didn't notice that, mb, sorry.
 
May 28, 2016 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1208
http://i.imgur.com/PqTexYb.png
Here it should say "Times Re-read".
 
May 31, 2016 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1208
Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but in http://i.imgur.com/PothMcg.png there is a redundant dot that looks weird.
 
May 31, 2016 4:48 PM
Aloha Oi~

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1135
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but the copyright should be 2016 and not 2015 right?



There's also some spelling errors in your Privacy Policy page. Now I'm pretty sure it's still counted as the website.



I also found something interesting in the Privacy Policy, according to it we can disable our account at any given time. I will give a complaint about that as we do NOT have the ability to disable our account, it should be under "preferences" as it says, but where is that? We should have the option to remove our accounts at any given time. I wonder if the email is still valid.
Modified by Stitch, May 31, 2016 5:15 PM
 
May 31, 2016 5:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 9750
Misaka said:
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but the copyright should be 2016 and not 2015 right?

I think it should be 2015-2016
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.



 
May 31, 2016 5:19 PM
Aloha Oi~

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1135
ExTamplier said:
I think it should be 2015-2016

Yeah, that's probably better. I found some more errors in their terms of use as well. :P
 
Jun 2, 2016 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 13435
Misaka said:
Error in the Term of Use, spacing needed:

kek, notwithstanding the fact you need use a dictionary before posting this. I should point out it's a legit word :P (Don't mind my sarcasm)
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Jun 2, 2016 8:57 AM
Aloha Oi~

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1135
Iizbakaokay said:
kek, notwithstanding the fact you need use a dictionary before posting this. I should point out it's a legit word :P

Is that so, well I never heard about it, thought it sounded wrong as well, my bad. I really appreciate the sarcasm... not. But the reply is appreciated.
 
Jun 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 331
Samael said:
Luna said:
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site.

1. http://imgur.com/nfqwoNH

"Tips and Guidelines
Full guidelines available here(full stop)."

2. http://imgur.com/5lERhsS

"Review Tips and Guidelines
Don't steal anyone elses work, this review should be all in your own writing."

Should be: "Don't steal anyone else's work, this review should be all in your own writing."

EDIT:


These two typos are still there. @Luna

Also fix this.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1527047 (It's not a spelling error, tho. But still.)
Modified by Bilgamesh, Jun 28, 2016 8:39 AM
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2458
"How much anime have you seen?"
The correct usage of this sentence is:
"How many anime have you seen?"

Two questions:
Is this misuse intentional?
Is it important enough to merit any change?

Just asking. I'm bothered more than I should be, I'm aware, heh.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10731
Doesn't "much" work if it's not counted by full series but by a imaginary amount of days?
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2458
Mkim said:
Doesn't "much" work if it's not counted by full series but by a imaginary amount of days?
Possibly true, although even if you added every last minute accounted for by every anime, it'd still be a countable number.
Modified by Tyrel, Aug 8, 2016 10:41 PM

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10731
Duskie said:
Mkim said:
Doesn't "much" work if it's not counted by full series but by a imaginary amount of days?
Possibly true, although even if you added every last minute accounted for by every anime, it'd still be a countable number.
Real talk here
I said that by instinct, just like the whole entirety of this foreign language I know
So I've no idea what you be talking about
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
The word "anime" is being used in the same vein as something like "TV". Just like how, "how much TV have you been watching?" Is acceptable, I guess the same applies for anime.
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 2458
Ein said:
The word "anime" is being used in the same vein as something like "TV". Just like how, "how much TV have you been watching?" Is acceptable, I guess the same applies for anime.
If that were true, then it does somewhat make sense, but it then begs two questions:

1. Is that vein usage grammatically sound (considering that MAL's lists are used for precise measuring, not an estimated time period)?
2. Should it then be changed to meet a more rhetorical question meriting an estimated response?

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 331
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1541730

Luna said:
Threads Merged.
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site. If there are spelling errors on anime/manga/character/person database entries please use the edit links (if available) or post in the modifications threads in the DB sub-forums.

It seems the first error has already been fixed. I've reported the other one now, thanks.
 
Aug 8, 2016 10:51 PM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9795
Samael said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1541730

Luna said:
Threads Merged.
Please use this thread if you find any spelling errors on the site. If there are spelling errors on anime/manga/character/person database entries please use the edit links (if available) or post in the modifications threads in the DB sub-forums.

It seems the first error has already been fixed. I've reported the other one now, thanks.
There's a thread for this? Well, news to me.

Thread Merged now

Also modified the title to cater to both Spelling errors + Possible Grammar changes.
 
Dec 6, 2016 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1208


This should be "No friends", right?
Profile for testing: https://myanimelist.net/profile/myanimelistllc

And I think there was a thread for reporting small things like this but I'm not sure how to find it now.
 
Dec 6, 2016 9:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 322
https://myanimelist.net/editprofile.php?go=forumoptions

>Must not contain insults, slurs, profanity, nor or sexually explicit language. No impersonation.
(must not+nor)
 
Apr 24, 2017 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1986
Where it says "This is a private club. Members must request access and be approved by an Officer before joining" I think "members" should be changed for "users".

Members wouldn't request access because they're already members. Users fits all people of the site and is correct grammar.

Should this be implemented?
Viva la Vida.
 
Apr 28, 2017 12:46 AM
Forum Moderator
submachine 銃

Online
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2207
 
Jan 26, 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 460
When reviewing there's a guideline that includes "elses", can someone include an apostrophe there, otherwise it encourages reviews with such grammar.
 
Jan 26, 8:45 PM
Forum Moderator
submachine 銃

Online
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2207
Thread merged/bump
 
Top