Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (35) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2010 2:29 PM
Dec 2008
Sadly, I gotta agree with many here, it may be nice and shiny and all, but it's less practical than the old one.
Jan 12, 2010 2:31 PM

Feb 2009
F the other people I love this skin its so sleek, it did mess up my profile thing but now its wider F*** YES! I want more skins now, there's people here that can help.
Jan 12, 2010 2:32 PM
Dec 2007
I like it a lot.

The old one reminded me of Facebook too much. :D
Abd the navigation is cool too. Modern, if I can say.

Although those online commercials and adverts are messing with the those. Thanks to them, I can't see a thing sometimes. :\

Oct 2008
yumiche said:
bob_was_here69 said:
I'm having issues with adapting. and ARGGHHHHH the advert banner blocks the drop down links from the navigation bar.

same here.. it's frustrating ><!
i still prefer the old one.. this one feels so empty ..

The same is happening for me... :\

May 2009
GirlRanmaLover said:
Dan_JD said:
I think the drop down menu´s hide behind the advertisements on all browsers
as I have 3 differend ones and on all browsers the dropdown menu´s get hidden
behind it when I try and select something from it but can´t click it as it is behind the advertisement.

i havent had that problem at all on Firefox so must just be selective users meaning it may not be MAL's fault for that

I've actually have gotten the same problem and I'm using the latest version of Firefox :/
Jan 12, 2010 2:33 PM
Dec 2007
Considering everyone else's responses now, I feel like I should add that I don't dislike it at all really, aside from the xboxhuge logo. Seems a lot of us agree that needs to be slimmed down.

I just think it looks even more like Facebook than it did before, though it functions plenty differently (and this has always been the case).
Jan 12, 2010 2:34 PM

Dec 2007
i like it :)
i think it just needs some getting use to. people freak out over the silliest of things .

i need your love, i'm a broken rose.
Jan 12, 2010 2:36 PM

Feb 2009
Looks nice. I think we just have to get used to it.
Jan 12, 2010 2:38 PM

Apr 2007
/me is surprised at the lack of changes from the example nav...

And you could've given us a heads-up! O_O;;
Suddenly sooo much to fix in themes! D:
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Jan 12, 2010 2:40 PM

Apr 2008
dnw. If it's not broken, don't fix it, man. The logo's so xbox hueg I think I'm gonna adblock it.
Jan 12, 2010 2:40 PM

Mar 2007
Letty said:

I've actually have gotten the same problem and I'm using the latest version of Firefox :/

does your Firefox use Adblock ? as when I used / using firefox I tend to get that 1 installed fixed right up as that tend to solve all problems on most websites to not have that issue anymore.
Or try some options in the firefox option panel if they mention anything for that matter .

I had the issue on 3 other browsers Firefox seems fine to me though.
Jan 12, 2010 2:42 PM
Oct 2007
YO XINIL!!!!

Nice new look. I have a 29" Screen, so it all comes out beautiful.

And as far as the skin is concerned....how about letting us upload our own skin? Like a personalize background. Of course there'd be rules and such, but hey, it would be cool, yes?

Just a thought.....
Nice tho!

HAPPY FOR ALL THE GOOD WORK YOU KEEP DOING!!!
Jan 12, 2010 2:43 PM

Jan 2008
QuothTheRaven said:
If it's not broken, don't fix it, man.

Please, bring back the old layout.
Jan 12, 2010 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
Don't know if this had been said yet,but an option to use the old layout would be very nice.

I don't like this one at all really.
~Just some guy~
Jan 12, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
While it looks good, the new layout is a lot less practical than the previous one.
Jan 12, 2010 2:45 PM

Nov 2008
I see another Facebook here.
But I'm happy because the search button comes back again 8D.
Jan 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Aug 2008
it would be okay if there were less annoying advertissings.
Jan 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Aug 2007
Don't like it.
The other navigation system was a lot simpler and much more practical.
And lose the layout.
Jan 12, 2010 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
wait... is it APril yet???
Jan 12, 2010 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
....dont like it the navigation before was perfect i hate drop down menus
Jan 12, 2010 2:49 PM

Oct 2008
It is sleek, but really the side bar navigation was probably my favorite part about the old layout. Drop down is.... err, The point and click organization of the old side bar I loved.

The search is the only thing, I've seen it on sites for other things: but like an overall search that then lets you kind of choose a category after you search.

Edit: Lastly if going to have drop down, the stuff that was My in the side bar should be accessable from same menu at least. It makes sense to put anime/magna list under respective panels... but I liked the way Panel, List, and Profile was in the same general area.

Not to mention Panel should be the short cut instead of Profile in my opinion... i don't visit my own profile near as much as the panel.
Tyranid5Jan 12, 2010 2:53 PM
Jan 12, 2010 2:50 PM
Nov 2008
dont like it at all
Jan 12, 2010 2:50 PM

Mar 2007
Fansub groups listed under the Industry tab? Dunno about that one..
You've come a long way, baby.
Jan 12, 2010 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
This new layout could grow on me but it will take a little while getting used to.

Other than my Profile being slightly broken now, it's not a bad change.
Jan 12, 2010 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
Looks... decent but the navigation is EPIC FAIL. Please don't tell me it's going to stay like this.

Sep 2008
No offense but if this is what youve been working on you need to get back to working on it again. I dont like it. But I guess changing things up now and then isnt bad either.

Jun 2008
Its way harder to use and not as well laid out...
Jan 12, 2010 2:54 PM

Jul 2007
Oh god, people write so fast.

At first I was like "OMG I haet it D:" but got a little bit used to it by now. With dark skin and floating navigation, lalala.. I'd prefer the actual version similar to that. XD.

Ahh well, I will try to be a little bit more constructive.

+It's wider. More cool profile designs. Yey.
+Future skins welcomed. Can't wait. They just have to come :<
+Search button back, yay.

oAfter the Stats removal from the top, the spaces that were really uneven got fixed. Looks better now.

-The header is too huge. It also is quite big on the phone.
-At random times, the dropdown menu stops responding to me in addition to the slight usual lag.
-Profile (x) - I don't like it. Having the Messages, Friends, Clubs clearly apart on first look was really thing I loved about the old navigation. Maybe some semibar just saying Messages (x), Friends (x), Clubs (x) (or something like 3M, 1F, 2C - summarization) without having to use the dropdown menu would look nice.
-Somehow, the My Panel page ended up looking really unfitting new look. And sort of weird when ads come in.
-When the windows are not maximized it ends up extremely strange (the background including "header").

Sumiregawa-kun said:
Suggestion: put up at least a simple set of navigational choices someplace which people can choose. So for example to the side or something have just about 3 or 4 slots people can change out what they want from the old navigation.

IE

I want to see Clubs, Profile, Recommendations and MyAnimeList. Someone else might want quicklinks to their MyMangaList, or Blog etc. Anything to make it less... Nueva Livejournal. :(

(PS, I'm not checking this thread, so if you really want to reply, please use PM.)

Ah, I would love this. Like I mentioned the semibar with messages, friend requests and such, having few free changeable slots there would be awesome.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Jan 12, 2010 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
Horrible... just horrible... "navigation" so much easier with the last layout, bring it back =_=
Sverige är ärorikt, såsom jag :-]
Jan 12, 2010 2:56 PM

Nov 2009
Why must every website have to change its layout? It was perfect before-- no change was needed. I hope they change the layout back to the old one, or at least get rid of the drop-down menus. D:

Slicing. I need you. ;ω;
Jan 12, 2010 2:56 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
It's not too bad. The MyAnimeList logo is too large, though. Should be HALF as tall at the most.
Jan 12, 2010 2:57 PM

Jun 2008
Seriously start a voting topic for bringing back the old layout, let the majority decide
Sverige är ärorikt, såsom jag :-]
Jan 12, 2010 2:57 PM

Apr 2008
I don't know if it's just me, but my panel is all messed up. I have two columns with the list of friends, updates, watched topics and whatnot and the column on the right is at the bottom, only appearing when the left one ends. Is it something I can correct in the settings or is it a glitch caused by the new layout?

Other than that, I don't dislike this new layout. I preferred the old one, but I'm sure this one will grow on me, once all glitches are corrected (for exemple, the fact that the drop-down menus appear under the ad, not allowing me to click the page I want to go to).

Jan 12, 2010 2:59 PM

Jul 2009
prefer the old layout bring back please

May 2009
i don't know if anyone else has this problem but with me the ad is in frint of the menu what really is a pain

Oct 2007
This new one SUX

May 2009
Dan_JD said:
Letty said:

does your Firefox use Adblock ? as when I used / using firefox I tend to get that 1 installed fixed right up as that tend to solve all problems on most websites to not have that issue anymore.
Or try some options in the firefox option panel if they mention anything for that matter .

Just downloaded Adblock and that solved it *phew* Thanks a bunch!
Jan 12, 2010 3:03 PM

Nov 2009
It's much more difficult to navigate than the old layout - and I've only been here for a month; it's not like I've had time to be totally accustomed to the old layout.

It just seems like it's more work, and that this was change for the sake of change, something that I can't say I approve of. Instead of having all of your options in one place, you're at the mercy of whether the computer deigns to load the interactive menus at the top of the screen.

Do not approve.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jan 12, 2010 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
-alquimista- said:
I don't know if it's just me, but my panel is all messed up. I have two columns with the list of friends, updates, watched topics and whatnot and the column on the right is at the bottom, only appearing when the left one ends. Is it something I can correct in the settings or is it a glitch caused by the new layout?

More people are already struggling with this issue, including me.
I already made a topic in the support forum, why don't you leave a reply there as well, so it'll get some more attention and hopefully they'll do something about it.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=150744
Jan 12, 2010 3:04 PM
Dec 2008
I really like this new layout.

It looks more professional.
Jan 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Jul 2006
The drop down menu dont work well with the ads D:
Jan 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Mar 2007
Letty said:
Dan_JD said:
Letty said:

Just downloaded Adblock and that solved it *phew* Thanks a bunch!

I am glad I was able to be of any help to you for it :) I am sure many will or been asking the same to fix the issue we had, so guess people just have to refer them to adblock :P
Jan 12, 2010 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
My only issue with it is I feel like the navigation takes more work to get where I want.

For example quick jumping to my anime list to update it, instead of simply clicking the option on the side I have to now fight the urge to look under profile, hover my mouse over the anime tab to get the drop down, and then finally I can choose to go to my anime list.

Now if the anime tab could just take me straight to my list, or if we could customize the top bar in any way, would LOVE that.

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
Jan 12, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2009
I seem to be in the minority, but I actually really like the new design. I personally don't mind the bubbles also. The new navigation also looks good, and will most likely be better then the previous one once we get used to it. The only problem I've encountered thus far is that the navigation sometimes gets in the way with ads though, showing up behind them (it doesn't always do so though, and works fine most of the time).

Overall nicely done, thank you for your hard work Xinil!
Jan 12, 2010 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
nothing changed much aside from the bigger title and drop down menus, i cant see this as a "new layout"

please change it back to the way it was before, there was absolutely no need to change anything.
Jan 12, 2010 3:10 PM

Jun 2009
I agree that there should be an option to switch between styles, i can't really say much right now since I need to try it out a bit first.
I don't like the centeredness :P
Jan 12, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2007
I absolutely love this new layout. I never realized it, but I hate sidebars.
Everything feels a lot "cleaner". Even with the 1024x768 monitor, it's an improvement, and on the 1680x1050 it's much nicer.

I hope Xinil resists the urge to change back - I mean honestly, everyone will forget what old MAL looked like within a month anyway.

EDIT: I should mention that I have all the ads blocked though, so if their positions are what's causing some of the hate, then I don't have much to say about it.
Jan 12, 2010 3:11 PM

Oct 2008
well its ok, i like the old one better though.
Jan 12, 2010 3:12 PM

Sep 2009
the more i use it, the more i care even less about the change -- and i wasn't even that bothered when i first commented on it. i think it looks tidy, having all those links moved away makes things look cleaner and gives more horizontal space, which is nice. my only issues are the fact that the logo is HUGE and only needs to be half the size, if that. also, the background feels like just a half-assed attempt to make the site look a bit different compared to facebook, which i said before, to which MAL bears more than just a passing resemblance.

shorter version: i like it, make the logo smaller please.
Jan 12, 2010 3:13 PM

May 2008
Old one was easier to navigate ): I liked it better. It had more of a 'home' kind of feel to it. This just feels like I'm encased in a bubble..no pun on the background.

Pages (35) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

200 by BasilZero »»
10 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

212 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.