Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2010
I noticed that Kaito Kuroba is considered as a member of the Detective Conan cast on my character favourites.

While it's true that he appears on Detective Conan, he should still be associated with his own original series, Magic Kaito.

His appearances on Detective Conan are just cameos, and his creation predates Detective Conan's manga in the first place. He has his own shows as well.

Thank you in advance.
May 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
MAL use anime first. Since his first anime appearance is in Conan while Magic Kaito first released on 2010.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 3, 2016 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
NeoAnkara said:
MAL use anime first. Since his first anime appearance is in Conan while Magic Kaito first released on 2010.

That's really disingenuous...

His manga predates Detective Conan's, much less its anime. So just because he made a few cameos on a show by the same creator, he's no longer associated with his original material (at least, not as much as his cameos)?

So what you're saying is this: if a character from a manga made a cameo in some anime, his character page will be associated with that anime forever? Even if said character gets their own show adapted from their original manga later on?

This is terribly misleading, and implies that popularity matter more than actual facts.
May 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2016
The anime appearances column is alphabetical I believe. Its not in order of relevance and last I checked, the letter D comes before the letter M. If you look up the character in the search box, hover over his name, you see Magic Kaito listed first.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2008
It's actually sorted by MAL's anime ID. That's also why Vegeta is listed as belonging to Dragon Ball GT rather than Dragon Ball Z. And yes, anime takes priority over manga.
May 3, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
Tacas said:
It's actually sorted by MAL's anime ID. That's also why Vegeta is listed as belonging to Dragon Ball GT rather than Dragon Ball Z. And yes, anime takes priority over manga.

So it's a technical issue rather than intended? They should get that sorted out, there's no way Vegeta is from GT.

Also, it's not a matter of priorities between anime and manga... it's when a character makes a cameo appearance on an anime, and suddenly MAL puts it as his main gig, when he has his own shows and origins. That's horribly inaccurate, and to people who don't know much about a franchise, they just might be convinced that he's truly part of the show.

I've seen many people who are shocked to learn that Kaito not only has his own manga, but it also predates Detective Conan's, so MAL just contributes to the problem by associating him with DC more than his own series.
May 3, 2016 2:40 PM
Jan 2016
fize4ever said:
Tacas said:

So it's a technical issue rather than intended? They should get that sorted out, there's no way Vegeta is from GT.

Also, it's not a matter of priorities between anime and manga... it's when a character makes a cameo appearance on an anime, and suddenly MAL puts it as his main gig, when he has his own shows and origins. That's horribly inaccurate, and to people who don't know much about a franchise, they just might be convinced that he's truly part of the show.

I've seen many people who are shocked to learn that Kaito not only has his own manga, but it also predates Detective Conan's, so MAL just contributes to the problem by associating him with DC more than his own series.

As a huge Kaito Kid fan I agree with this. Especially on the note of how Kaito actually was before Conan became a thing.

#Justice4Kaito

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1396 by RuiKirisuke »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Norio Wakamoto did narration for Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2

ryu2k2 - Apr 21

0 by ryu2k2 »»
Apr 21, 6:17 AM

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Apr 18, 1:45 AM

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Apr 17

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Apr 17, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Apr 16

0 by queserasera »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.