Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Strobe Edge Chapter 15 Discussion

Jan 12, 2010 9:29 AM
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, I hate Ren's attitude in this Chapter. -.-

Jan 13, 2010 6:25 AM

Ahhhhhhh! That chapter was cool.
Mayuka's face at the end was priceless!
*Sigh* I'm so content right now.

Jan 15, 2010 9:38 AM

SarabiPwns said:
Ahhhhhhh!
Mayuka's face at the end was priceless!
*Sigh* I'm so content right now.

I feel sorry for her, in a way, but just can't like her.

Jan 16, 2010 8:38 PM

I can understand Ren, but he's being unfair to everyone without knowing it :S

Can't wait for the Christmas party . . . hmm, any surprise guests perhaps? (Hoping Ren brakes his own standard :p)

Jan 26, 2010 2:18 AM

Gacchan and Ninako are so cute. hahah.. anyway... wonder what mayuka will do now.. i'm guessing she'll cancel her plans and decide to spend christmas with ren or something... but i wonder what ren will be doing on christmas if mayuka is busy? wil he attend the party? will he just look in the window from the outside while the others are enjoying the party? hahaha.. anyway...

Jan 26, 2010 2:22 AM

chikane_Himemiya said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, I hate Ren's attitude in this Chapter. -.-

well. i think ren was just being ren... i mean if you put yourself in his shoes... what he's doing is the right thing.. he does have a girlfriend.. plus, from his perspective, he already turned down ninako before and it seems she's gonna be enjoying the christmas at the party and with andou and stuff... plus his girlfriend is going through something terrible with her dad remarrying and stuff.. so shutting down his feelings and being there for his girlfriend is what he should do... given the circumstances that is...

well.. cant wait for the next chapter. :D

Apr 10, 2011 1:53 PM

I feel sorry for Mayuka...I mean she's not a bad person. I know that Ren is acting pretty badly right now, but he's doing it for her. I guess right now its pretty hard to break up, even if he wanted to. I mean in a way Ren is doing the right thing, but if it were me, I would not want my boyfriend to be with me if he loves someone else. Then again Ren is trying to forget and distance himself from that, which is honestly commendable. Anyways will see where this goes.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 20, 2011 9:28 PM

Personally, when it comes to relationship, I believe it is much better when you make a clean cut as soon as possible (metaphorically speaking, since it is still better to sort out your own feelings and chew the decision over first. This should take no longer than a few weeks because I see it as no different from cheating if you can no longer devote yourself completely- both mentally and physically to your romantic partner anymore. The relationship also becomes meaningless.).

Though I have to admit it's pretty hard to break up with Mayuka when she's going through a difficult phase. I'm not sure about how mentally stable she is or how well she handles distress but many times, I see characters/people sticking with their bf/gf just because their partners are in a difficult time of their lives when the characters/people really want to break up with them instead. I think we should give more credit to others and stop thinking arrogantly that they cannot stand up on their own.

On a side note, Ren should have kept his mouth shut or came up with other words of comfort instead of offering promises of forever. Those are awfully hard to keep.
Modified by waterscape, Apr 20, 2011 9:41 PM

May 3, 2012 1:25 AM

In my opinion, what Daiki said on the last part really defined Mayuka and Ren's relationship. I mean, keeping secrets from each other should be fine I guess (if it isn't harmful to the relationship) but not being yourself when you're with the one you love doesn't seem right. I don't know if Ren is just good at hiding or if Mayuka doesn't give enough effort to really know Ren, either way, they're just fooling themselves. And also, this decision to avoid Ninako should've been done a long time ago. Ninako may not be a flirt but once they made the decision to remain friends, they also should have accepted the fact that Ren falling for Ninako is a big possibility. And now that it happened, Ren should've manned up as this is a consequence of his decision. Tsk! He's just too nice it's frustrating!

Jul 19, 2016 4:28 PM

He should really break up with Mayuka.

Feb 14, 2017 12:56 AM

I feel bad for Mayuka but I'm glad that Daiki made her see that she never even had the whole Ren, whoevers fault that was. I don't even know who to root for when it comes to Ninako, I want her to be happy, especially now that Ren finally realises how he feels but I don't want Andou to lose either.