Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2013
New trailer

While open beta starts on May 5, those who preordered get to play early-access on May 2.
Thus, beta starts today at 4PM PDT
Who playing here?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2016 1:58 PM

May 2010
I'm actually waiting to play this game today. That's about 7 PM my time so only so much time I can put in today. I can't even play for the whole beta period since I'll be travelling towards the end of it.
May 2, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
Got a key from a friend. We might play a little in 2 hours when it starts but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Getting quite late here :).

Will definitely give it a good shot. I dont pre purchase games myself but I might make an exception if I really like this beta :). Looks like a game I will really enjoy.
May 2, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Waiting for the open beta to decide if i want to buy it
May 2, 2016 2:26 PM

May 2010
Oh yeah I still have a key if someone wants to try the beta early.
May 2, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
I was kinda on the fence with Overwatch after that fucking butt pose controversy

but after seeing this I couldn't help myself tbh

The team seems really dedicated to making the game a success, and that kinda dedication just gets to me. It's been their first original IP in seventeen years and hopefully, they still have the charm.

@Thrashinuva
who you maining bro?
May 2, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
I'll be there. I just hope internet is feeling merciful today and the rest of the week so I don't time out the usual 10 times a day.
May 2, 2016 2:36 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
@Thrashinuva
who you maining bro?

Honestly I have no clue.

My best guesses are
Symmetra
D.Va
Widowmaker
Soldier: 76

Since those are all different types then maybe all of them.
Mercy and Mei are somewhat appealing too, though I can't see a lot of use for Mei, but she is a cutie.
May 2, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit this game is fun. I've only used three heroes but I've figured out so many ways to play em.

Mei is the most fun though, using the ice wall as a means of elevating myself to higher places was GOAT. Caught widowmaker in the act and froze her to death with my freeze gun.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 2, 2016 6:16 PM
May 2, 2016 7:01 PM

Dec 2015
I love the game so far. I have mainly played winston, soldier and tracer. Enjoyed all 3 of them almost equally. I told myself I would not play until tomorrow and then I said to myself I would try one game and then it suddenly was 3 hours later. Ahh well was great fun. The only thing that was weird is when I happened to be in the play of the game it was for a horrible play that probably made everyone cringe :D.
May 2, 2016 7:17 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
Holy shit this game is fun. I've only used three heroes but I've figured out so many ways to play em.

Mei is the most fun though, using the ice wall as a means of elevating myself to higher places was GOAT. Caught widowmaker in the act and froze her to death with my freeze gun.

Mei is a lot more fun than I anticipated.
May 3, 2016 12:55 AM

May 2012
I really like Winston. Hopping around like a madman, throwing down shields for the team, and occasionally smacking people off the map with the ulti

May 3, 2016 1:17 AM

Jan 2013
Played about 3/4 of the heroes after an 8 hour marathon. Just gonna put down some mental notes I thought while playing.

Zenyatta is hard as fuck to use among the supports (possibly among all the heroes) but he has the highest potential with that damage orb.

Torbjorn and Bastion are noob-killers, but easily become trivial when the opposing team picks Pharah.

D.VA is OP as hell in defense games.

Mei shits on Genji and Tracer but Reaper and Winston turn her into a joke.

Winston is weird.

Just about everybody and their mom picks Hanzo and it's annoying.

What else?

Oh, Mercy is hot as fuck.
May 3, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2010
Winston poses a pretty big threat to me whenever I play. Reaper is a problem usually but I usually shut him down pretty well with Mei. Reaper doesn't seem to handle being frozen very well and it happens pretty easily if you're on his back. Plus you can zone him somewhat with the ice needle while he's far, which you can try to keep up with the ice wall. The ice wall also really comes in handy just for delaying the enemy team. I love to just raise it in front of a doorway and they can't do shit about it. Mei's shift ability is also more handy that it seems at first, and her ultimate is devastating.

I can't manage to play well as D.Va. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Zenyatta isn't that difficult for me but I can definitely tell others are playing him better. I haven't used Hanzo yet. Genji is much more fun than I anticipated and I've be learning little things that make him better. Don't quite know how to pull off Genji's ultimate yet as I usually die if I try to get close, his shift ability seems like the key.

Mercy is alright but I feel like Lucio outperforms her, though that clutch revive can come in for the win. You can get a lot of kills with Bastion if they aren't paying attention to you, that machine gun is insane. I've barely used Reinhardt but that shield is amazing. Mccree seems alright, nothing too insane with him, standard gunner. I've played Soldier: 76 much less than I thought I would. I've played Pharah much more than I thought I would, her jetpack seems to be the key to her success and then properly aiming her rockets.

Symmetra is hard to use but if you get her set up right it pays off. Widowmaker is great if the enemy isn't paying attention to outliers, just pick them off. I'm bad at using Tracer right now, but I die to her all the time. I haven't used Torbjorn really at all, like as close to 0 as you can get without being 0.
May 3, 2016 7:07 AM

Jan 2013
Anybody know where the NA Blizzard servers are at?
Also holy shit, apparently you can't play competitive until level 25. Which is sweet since the leveling process is a nice casual filter.

@Thrashinuva
D.Va is pretty quirky not gonna lie. From what I've learned though:

Don't bother attacking enemies at mid-long distances. Her fusion cannons do a lot of damage but only when close to an enemy. Because there's an infinite amount of ammo, there's no shame in continuous spraying. If you see a particularly squishy hero, boost towards em and spray em down.

Boost has a pretty useful knockoff effect. You can use it to push away Reinhardt or Winston when they get too close to the team. Or Road Hog if he hooks you. In other cases, you can use it to knock others off the map.

You can boost while using Defense Matrix. If you see Widowmaker, Bastion, Symmetra turrets, or Torbjorn, pop the defense matrix and boost towards them and spray em down. Otherwise, use it to deflect projectiles heading towards your allies like a good tank should. If low health, boost towards a health kit. Way better to be defending your team as a tanky mech rather than as a skinny korean girl.

From my experience, save the ultimate for highly contested choke points when playing a defense position. D.Va's ult is heavily coordinated so most people can run away if you don't time it right since she literally screams "NERF THIS" right before it gets casted. Use it on spots that make enemies go "Fuck, I HAVE to be there but that fucking mech" like a payload or control point when the match is about to end. You can save a lot of rounds through this method, because it makes enemies either run away from their objective or stay and get killed.

If you're out of the mech, there's no other tank on your team, and your team isn't steamrolling: kill yourself so you can spawn with a new mech. A team always needs a tank. Waiting for a new one takes too long. If you have another tank on the team though, play at a careful mid-range distance because her gun is actually pretty strong.

If you get blasted out of your mech, and you're near spawn, literally change to a hero and then back to D.Va to spawn with your mech back. Note that this resets your ultimate to 0 though.

If the other team has a Zynettra, change heroes. He shits on her. Hard.
If you're playing against an aggressive team that's focusing on close-range combat, change heroes. Although fusion cannons are at their strongest at close range, defense matrix is only useful for mid-long distances.. You're the tank anyways so damage should only be a privilege, not a necessity.

I'm still trying to figure out D.Va but that's all the stuff I know of her right about now.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 3, 2016 8:28 AM
May 3, 2016 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
HOLY SHIT

YOU CAN FRAME CANCEL GENJI'S MELEE WITH HIS SWIFT STRIKE FOR LOTS OF DAMAGE
SINCE SWIFT STRIKE RESETS ON A KILL., YOU CAN MELEE -> SWIFT STRIKE -> REPEAT COMBO LIKE FIGHTAN GAMES

May 3, 2016 12:10 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:

I'm still trying to figure out D.Va but that's all the stuff I know of her right about now.

Well the only thing I can really tell you about her that you haven't said, is that you can Boost Ult.

Hit boost, then use your ult. The boost will remain in effect and launch towards the direction you have aimed it, throwing a highly destructive bomb at them.
May 3, 2016 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
So Genji and Hanzo are my boys, fuck mei, and I don't which fucker it is but the tank character with the big ass shield that blocks everything is bullshit. Also this game is awesome and the maps are great too.
May 3, 2016 8:44 PM

May 2010
Major123 said:
So Genji and Hanzo are my boys, fuck mei, and I don't which fucker it is but the tank character with the big ass shield that blocks everything is bullshit. Also this game is awesome and the maps are great too.

The shield can be bypassed with the right heroes. Mei is really good dawg. She's absolutely great at controlling a zone.
May 3, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2013
Mei is practically OP if she isn't effectively countered. That wall is just so good at zoning.
That invulnerability also gives for some incredibly clutch situations. It's hit a point where I refrain from picking Mei because I feel like I'd annoy the enemy way too much.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 3, 2016 9:13 PM
May 3, 2016 9:28 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
Mei is practically OP if she isn't effectively countered. That wall is just so good at zoning.
That invulnerability also gives for some incredibly clutch situations. It's hit a point where I refrain from picking Mei because I feel like I'd annoy the enemy way too much.

And then by the time your invulnerability wears off (which also heals you while it's active), your ice wall is probably already recharged. It's insane. While you are held back by ice walls and shit she can snipe you with icicles and if you get up close she'll freeze you even if you're Tracer.

She's definitely one of my favorites to play, though I don't necessarily think she's OP, but she is really good.
May 3, 2016 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Ugh, I have a lot of work to do, but I genuinely want to reach level 25 and try out competitive mode before beta ends.

Quick-Play has way too many people who aren't picking for a good team composition. I don't even think some of the people here are bothering to play as a team. Then again, this is just the beta...

Fuck, all hell is gonna break loose on May 5 when it goes open
May 4, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2014
Surprisingly, I find myself loving the "bad guys" a lot. Reaper is currently my main, I've been racking up kills with him like crazy. I loled when one Roadhog hooked me into his team when my ultimate was ready. I like using Roadhog myself too, now I can finally enjoy letting other people feel how I felt in Dota 2 games.

I agree with Mei being pretty useful although I haven't used her much. Currently, all the games I got have people using D-Va a lot. Quite a surprise, I was expecting a lot of Genjis.
May 4, 2016 5:20 AM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
Ugh, I have a lot of work to do, but I genuinely want to reach level 25 and try out competitive mode before beta ends.

Quick-Play has way too many people who aren't picking for a good team composition. I don't even think some of the people here are bothering to play as a team. Then again, this is just the beta...

To be perfectly fair I was in a match where my team 5/6 people were offense and we won. There was another one I jumped into (not including myself) 4/5 people were Bastion and they won.

I think team composition tips are mostly just a loose guide to playing well. You could have 6 Mccree's and do well, or not, and if you aren't doing well the game is going to tell you what could maybe give you some advantages.
May 4, 2016 6:51 AM

Oct 2014
Just finished playing a few rounds with Reinhardt. Lesson to be learned, just because he doesn't have much range other than his Fire Strike, don't screw with a guy that carries a giant hammer.
May 4, 2016 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
Khaosman-ADVENT said:
Just finished playing a few rounds with Reinhardt. Lesson to be learned, just because he doesn't have much range other than his Fire Strike, don't screw with a guy that carries a giant hammer.
Yeah he's a fucking monster.

I don't have the highlight anymore (since they erase after a player logs out), but I got a play of the game soloing half the team as Reinhardt. It was incredible. I ult'd at the most perfect spot and cleaned up D.Va and Tracer. Then Mercy revived them and I cleaned her, D.Va, and Tracer again.
Thrashinuva said:
To be perfectly fair I was in a match where my team 5/6 people were offense and we won. There was another one I jumped into (not including myself) 4/5 people were Bastion and they won.

I think team composition tips are mostly just a loose guide to playing well. You could have 6 Mccree's and do well, or not, and if you aren't doing well the game is going to tell you what could maybe give you some advantages.
I feel like team comps allow a team to reach its maximum potential. Sure, you can do some crazy shit with 6 tracers on a team but a Mei and Winston with similar or even lower skill can completely destroy the Tracer team as a pair with Mei's slow-down and Winston's impossible to dodge lightning cannon. You can only go so far with good aiming and movement. Strategic picks and counters are what make Overwatch.
May 4, 2016 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
95PercentCaim said:

Spooks coming to teach you all how to play gamez

May 4, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Major123 said:

The shield can be bypassed with the right heroes. Mei is really good dawg. She's absolutely great at controlling a zone.
I know thats why I don't like playing against her, but she's fun to use. I especially like to wall the attackers base so they can't come out immediately. I don't know why but I find that really funny. But real talk, can we talk about the supports for a second and how their not like any other supports in mobas/shooters. Their really fun especially Lucio, playing him just gets you into the game with the great techo beats.
May 4, 2016 9:40 AM

May 2010
Major123 said:
Thrashinuva said:

I know thats why I don't like playing against her, but she's fun to use. I especially like to wall the attackers base so they can't come out immediately. I don't know why but I find that really funny. But real talk, can we talk about the supports for a second and how their not like any other supports in mobas/shooters. Their really fun especially Lucio, playing him just gets you into the game with the great techo beats.

Well Mercy is just like TF2 medic. Symmetra isn't too unique either imo. Zenyatta is a weird character but normal abilities. Lucio is definitely an odd one though.
May 4, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2015
Just got an early access key yesterday and I got the chance to test it out until it gets released.It's very competitive but as you gain level, you will need a team to win matches because starting level 6-7 it's nearly damn impossible to do something.In my last match everyone was running around like crazy to make some kills but not going for the objective.
I really hope they add more heroes, maps soon cuz it will get booring otherwise.
May 4, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2014
95PercentCaim said:

Zenyatta is hard as fuck to use among the supports (possibly among all the heroes) but he has the highest potential with that damage orb.

Thrashinuva said:
Zenyatta is a weird character but normal abilities.

Believe it or not, the devs have stated that Zenyatta is one of their favorite characters in the game. I'm not sure whether it's because of the lore or design of his character but gameplaywise, he does feel a little more versatile than the other supports if you ask me. He heals alright, he debuffs enemies and he can attack better than Merci if somewhat pitiful still when compared to the Tanks or Offensives.

He is starting to grow on me so far.
May 4, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
95PercentCaim said:

I heard Blizzard disabled the competitive mode for the beta.

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-open-beta-wont-have-competitive-play/
May 4, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2013

Torbjorn play of the games are hilarious. I managed to get one as Torbjorn but it just showed me afk while my turret was getting kills somewhere else.
May 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
I think I found Hoppy.

May 4, 2016 3:59 PM

May 2010
So far I've only used Zarya for 5 games.

I've won with Zarya for 5 games.

She's crazy good.
May 4, 2016 7:40 PM
Apr 2016
Nice game in my mind. I have download it to my xbox. But i have not start it. Hope it will be a nice night. lol
May 4, 2016 7:47 PM

Nov 2014
Who wants to join me my nickname is ExTamplier-Rus (ps4)
ExTemplarMay 4, 2016 7:50 PM

May 4, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
bardocksavior in case anyone is wondering.
May 5, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2015
This game is almost as bad as Battleborn.

garbage.
May 5, 2016 4:42 AM

Aug 2013
Whats everyone playing it on? downloading for ps4 n pc
May 5, 2016 5:17 AM

Feb 2015
Only played Tutorial and an AI match (that was a complete roflstomp), but I think I prefer TF2 over this. Will probably play a few PvP matches before the open beta ends.
May 5, 2016 6:52 AM
Jun 2014
Let's see what this "Team Fortress 2 killer" has to offer. Heroes of the Storm failed to compete with Smite, Dota and League, I hope Overwatch does alright because they've put a lot of effort into it.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 5, 2016 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
Playing on the PS4, my PSN ID is dilutesheer.
May 5, 2016 7:06 AM

Mar 2011
I got pleasantly surprised with this one. It's really entertaining contrary to what I expected. : ]

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

May 5, 2016 7:15 AM

May 2010
I'm on PC.

Thrashinuva#1298
May 5, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2015
Maybe this is just because I'm a casual plebby casual now, but I am highly enjoying Overwatch. I went into it not expecting much but playing it with a few friends has been one of the best first person shooter experiences I've had in a while.
May 5, 2016 9:43 AM
Jun 2014
I've played 2 games and it's just not as special as TF2 or Paladins, what makes it worse is that they're actually charging you for the game when it's not even worth the full price. I like the character designs but the map feels too small for characters like the woman in the flying mech suit.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
@Unknown-
I actually find its price to be its highest point. A money barrier to keep out cyka blyats, huehuehues, and children. Games that are f2p or or very cheap tend to have the worst communities.

All future heroes and maps will come as free too so I already feel like I got my money's worth.

Also the maps? Small? They're bigger than most TF2 maps actually.
May 5, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2010
What? The maps are huge.
May 5, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
So played both the pc and console version. Console for me runs a wee bit better but obviously pc looks slightly better. The games fine, not amazing but ok might get a bit old fast will have to see. Some characters are a bit broken at moment.

The cyborg raiden knock off for example.

Still managed to get MVP and play of the match in my first game.

Update:

Now we're seeing plenty of teams of 2-3 of the ninja guy. Defo broken needs fixing.
SpooksMay 5, 2016 11:36 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
1 hour ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 4 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
12 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.