Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, first chapter raw is out. A bit of glimpse at Boruto's life and Sanada too during this generation.

I think he definitely inherits some of Naruto's traits as well.
And a lot of memories in those photos....
May 2, 2016 7:54 AM
Aug 2013
Woah, is that the Byakugan in Boruto`s eye? And is Naruto dead??
May 2, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
It's just a pointless rehash of the movie.
May 2, 2016 10:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Vsegda7 said:
Only the first 2-3 chapters will be a recap....Max I would guess is 4

Also it's following the novelization of the film, so there will be new things as well as extended scenes from the film - As we have already seen with Moegi

The first part with the flash forward was badass and I loved the monologue by Older Boruto that followed in the pages after

We're in for some great character development for him people....Especially since it seems like he goes rogue at some point (That's his headband, not Sasuke's - Remember, Sasuke's is blue)

OtakuSwoosh said:
It looks like it but it doesn't have the inner and outer veins

Also, Naruto is only implied to be dead, but even then I doubt that he actually is especially since we didn't see a body nor context behind what really happened to him
TokoyaMay 2, 2016 10:20 AM
May 2, 2016 10:25 AM
Aug 2013
Tokoya said:
Vsegda7 said:
Only the first 2-3 chapters will be a recap....Max I would guess is 4

Also it's following the novelization of the film, so there will be new things as well as extended scenes from the film - As we have already seen with Moegi

The first part with the flash forward was badass and I loved the monologue by Older Boruto that followed in the pages after

We're in for some great character development for him people....Especially since it seems like he goes rogue at some point (That's his headband, not Sasuke's - Remember, Sasuke's is blue)

OtakuSwoosh said:
It looks like it but it doesn't have the inner and outer veins

Also, Naruto is only implied to be dead, but even then I doubt that he actually is especially since we didn't see a body nor context behind what really happened to him

The lack of veins may be because of the new artist's art style. Either that or a possibly new form of the Byakugan
May 2, 2016 4:12 PM
Dec 2014
A lot of technology, seems the world growed up a thousand years comparing to the old generation.
May 2, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
The Boruto VS. Kawaki fight in the future has me hyped up, but the Boruto: Naruto the Movie rehash kinda turned me off to it. Hopefully, going by the pacing of the "recap" this chapter, it will only take one more, to two, for it to finish and get back to the good stuff.

Hopefully, this series lasts for a while. I thought the art-style would be shit at first, but after reading this, I'm not minding it as much (except for the fact that Sasuke looks like he should be in Saint Seiya, lmao). Some of the panels look almost like Kishimoto himself drew them, surprisingly.

Well, I can honestly say I can't wait until next month, lol.
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
May 2, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
I liked this, the art was actually better than I thought it would turn out to be, but Sasuke looks really, not much like Sasuke. Also, Sakura and Hinata's Haircuts look a bit odd, specially Hinata's. And Mitsuki's face is a bit off in my opinion, but that's all.
I'm really liking out is turning out to be, I didn't watch Boruto movie yet so I don't mind to read this, I actually prefer to do so.

I'm really interested in those marks at the beginning, and the new "DB-style Capsule"-Scroll-Jutsus are really nice too.
May 2, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2009
from the korean raws it looks like just a recap of the Boruto movie for now
May 2, 2016 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
What the fuck did this new guy do to Hinata, doesn't look like her at all anymore and where did her boobs go...
May 3, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2009
In medias res prologue where God tier Naruto got murdered off screen? Completely negating how his optimism and focus on cooperation helped create a better ninja world?

Hahahahaha, no fucking way!

I mean, I had absolutely zero expectations from this series, I don't know how anyone ever got hyped to Boruto as something you'd want to see more of when his name is fucking BORUTO, but Kishi and his new assistants Ikemoto and Kodachi made sure that we won't even get that little of a consolation of an happy ending.
TyrelMay 3, 2016 1:30 PM
May 3, 2016 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
Well this chapter was ok for me, art is a little off since it isn't Kishi, but I'll get used to it, also since I still didn't watch the Boruto movie (yeah I'm waiting for good quality and original audio) so this was all new to me.

The first page really caught me off guard "I'll send you where 7th is" Wtf Naruto is gonna die so soon? And yeah Boruto looks much older and more mature on that page, maybe early 20s I'd say. Rest of the chapter was pretty standard Konoha things.

@Arashi89 He didn't got killed off screen, the chapter starts in the future and then goes back to beginning, so we'll slowly be building up to there, and we'll probably be seeing what happened to Naruto.
May 3, 2016 8:33 AM
Oct 2013
Kishimoto had just to tell Shueisha to stop.

Now do we have to wait 20 years for a eventual retcon and Kishimoto doing his own take on the series with proper art and a good story?
This didn´t read like Naruto but like some retarded fanfiction.
And then Goku appeared with the Dragon Balls and they all were revived.

A: Naruto is dead which ruins the series purpose because why would I give a fuck about his son when I don´t even know him and he´s build up by sacrificing the characters we grew to like, that´s storytelling backwards.

It´s like Dragon Ball GT´s Goku Jr. A character no one liked because he was shit.

B. Naruto isn´t dead which makes this into yet another predictable redherring that fakes tension the same way the miniseries faked tension.
IsterioMay 3, 2016 8:39 AM
May 3, 2016 8:35 AM

Sep 2010
Ah... other than few first pages that were made for SHOCK value, the rest is bassically a recap of Boruto the movie and needless to say, Boruto the movie has top notch animation while artwork here...

Well... I wasn't expecting Kishimoto's level but well... this was the worst artwork that I have seen in a quite while. What's more, we Translation-readers aren't used to low level manga as well those simply don't get translated, yet here we get the artwork of beginner mangaka who also has the difficulty of having to write "not exactly his own manga". It wasn't he who made those characters and their designs and recreating it perfectly is impossible.

Now we can only pray that the artwork gets better with time... but that takes a lot time.

Rather than an artwork though I really want to complain about the story as we got nothing new.
May 3, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2008
Isterio said:

He can't do that. Shueisha is the Big Boss here and they make all the important decisions.

Isterio said:
Now do we have to wait 20 years for a eventual retcon and Kishimoto doing his own take on the series with proper art and a good story?

...chapter 1 adapts scenes from Boruto: The Movie, which WERE WRITTEN BY KISHIMOTO. So you are not criticizing the new writer but Kishimoto.
May 3, 2016 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
Did they actually kill off Naruto and nullify everything he did in the last 700 chapters?
May 3, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2011
That was horrible - the first two pages were like a rip off of way Naruto Shippuden (the anime) started while the rest of it was a repetition of the terrible movie about Boruto :/ Add to that the bad art style of Sakura, Hinata and Sasuke and you've got a formula for disaster. I'm dropping it and I hope it fails sales-wise because otherwise after 5 years I might decide to check on it again

May 3, 2016 8:55 AM
Oct 2013
Nayrael said:
Isterio said:

He can't do that. Shueisha is the Big Boss here and they make all the important decisions.

Isterio said:

...chapter 1 adapts scenes from Boruto: The Movie, which WERE WRITTEN BY KISHIMOTO. So you are not criticizing the new writer but Kishimoto.

They do need his declaration of consent, as much as Shueisha hold parts to the rights of the series so does he.

I am aware of the Boruto rehash and I did like the Movie. If you´d bother to read my post you´ll notice what I´m refering towards. That being the first pages as they set up Naruto´s death.

So gtfo if you don´t bother arguing properly.
IsterioMay 3, 2016 9:40 AM
May 3, 2016 9:01 AM
Jan 2016
Well, this chapter was good but the art is just bullshit wtf is that Sasuke?
May 3, 2016 9:25 AM

May 2015
I hope for you this is not another dragon ball super but I am not falling in the trap again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2016 9:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
Did they actually kill off Naruto and nullify everything he did in the last 700 chapters?
Did you see them outright state that he is dead or did you see a dead body?

Did we even get any context behind ghost situation?
May 3, 2016 9:36 AM

Oct 2015
can anyone tell me the name of the teacher of Shikadai , Chouchou and Inojin
May 3, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
Z4k said:

Did you see anything that says otherwise?
May 3, 2016 9:57 AM

Feb 2012
-City_reaper- said:

Its Moegi, the girl from Konohamaru's team.
May 3, 2016 10:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
Tokoya said:

There's more evidence tto suggest that he isn't dead tho

And besides, they tried this exact same ploy with the Boruto movie promos...It's so obvious that he's not gonna die
May 3, 2016 10:35 AM
Oct 2013
Tokoya said:

And besides, they tried this exact same ploy with the Boruto movie promos...It's so obvious that he's not gonna die

Which makes this setup even worse than the sloppy attempts of the Boruto trailers. Furthermore the cheap attempt of recreating Kakashi´s character by giving Boruto someones Byakugan makes the setup even more stupid and desperate. Even if it happens to be his own eye, there´s still the scar that tries to convey that design and opens up the question why he has only one Byakugan.

If it´s a redherring it´s boring because we expect it to be one and if it´s not it shits on the characters we grew attached too for the sake of making the next gen look awesome.

Which yet again. Why force it? Why force that kid down our throats? We wanted to see his fathers journey. We saw it. That journey is over. Seeing some future events to convey how everybodies life looks is interesting, although that´d be no more than fanservice. But the final villain his father fought was the origin of the powersource this universe works on. It makes no sense to further introduce threats towards the worlds balance at this point. No one´s gonna suspend his sense of disbelief enough to actually buy that Sarada and Boruto are gonna surpass the two guys who defeated the devil. It can make sense within the boundries of the story, but it would require some massively Deus ex machina on the level of a parody to justify any of those developments.
IsterioMay 3, 2016 11:13 AM
May 3, 2016 10:37 AM

May 2009
The art is so diff.

They change Sarada's outfit in this one ? Why ? The previous one looks better.
May 3, 2016 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
Ramkec said:
-City_reaper- said:

Its Moegi, the girl from Konohamaru's team.

ohhhh !!
i couldnt recognize her , the new drawing are so confusing :(
May 3, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2014
Interesting, I haven't seen the Boruto movie yet so this was all pretty new and cool.

Some of the art looks pretty weird, Especially Hinata seems to look very different to me, Sad that Kishi isn't drawing it.

The opening color panels were pretty intriguing, Boruto went rogue? Konoha is destroyed and no signs of Naruto. Tbh I don't really think they would kill of Naruto, He's way too much of an Iconic figure to be killed off abruptly in a sequel manga. Plus I don't really see anyone strong enough to defeat him.

I feel that it's sort of out character for Naruto to neglect his family considering it's something he wanted throughout his life. I understand that Hokage work is hard but the least he could do is celebrate a birthday party.
May 3, 2016 11:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Isterio said:
Tokoya said:

Which makes this setup even worse than the sloppy attempts of the Boruto trailers. Furthermore the cheap attempt of recreating Kakashi´s character by giving Boruto someones Byakugan makes the setup even more stupid and desperate. Even if it happens to be his own eye, there´s still the scar that tries to convey that design and opens up the question why he has only one Byakugan.

If it´s a redherring it´s boring because we expect it to be one and if it´s not it shits on the characters we grew attached too for the sake of making the next gen look awesome.

Which yet again. Why force it? Why force that kid down our throats? We wanted to see his fathers journey. We saw it. That journey is over. Seeing some future events to convey how everybodies life looks is interesting, although that´d be no more than fanservice. But the final villain his father fought was the origin of the powersource this universe works on. It makes no sense to further introduce threats towards the worlds balance at this point. No one´s gonna suspend his sense of disbelief enough to actually buy that Sarada and Boruto are gonna surpass the two guys who defeated the devil. It can make sense within the boundries of the story, but it would require some massively Deus ex machina on the level of a parody.
I disagree....The point of that flash forward was simply to build suspense and to have readers anticipating how this situation came about while this recap is going on

Secondly, the Kakashi-esque scar aside, it's not the same situation for Boruto as with Kakashi. If you actually paid attention to detail, you would have noticed that his eye, albeit it seemingly looking like a Byakugan, is not quite the same considering that it lacks the fundamental features of an activated Byakugan (That is, the inner and outer veins)

If it really were an implanted Byakugan, it would have looked like Ao's....You cannot activate or deactivate an implanted Dojutsu (As shown with Kakashi, Ao, Nagato and Obito, all of which had implanted Dojutsu), so really this is just bad analysis on your part here.....I mean think of it this way, there's clearly a reason as to why they didn't colour that last page....My guess is that it's something like the Byakugan but more powerful - Which is something that is long overdue considering how Kishi neglected the eye and the Hyuga for the sake of the Uchiha fap fest

In terms of the scar itself, clearly one reason why they did it is so that it can nicely line up with the design of the mark of his headband, which signifies that he got that injury sometime after he left the village and seemingly went rogue (Note that is Boruto's headband not Sasuke's - Sasuke's is blue whereas Boruto's, likewise in this chapter, is black)

And finally, Boruto is NOTHING like Kakashi, lol so your attempt to sell this notion that they are trying to rereate Kakashi in him is quite laughable....It's not like Kakashi is the first person to rock a scar on his face either...It's a common thing in all shounen manga....But yeah this comparison to Kakashi of yours is weak af and way out of left field....If anything this development makes him even more like Sasuke which isn't a surprise to anyone

The fact that this obvious red herring as so many people thinking that he is actually dead pretty much disapproves your notion (Which is shocking to me personally) and even if he does die at some point, that doesn't in any way shits on his character

What I mean by this is that, the whole argument of "peace" thing is flawed and incredibly naive especially in a world like this one....It is IMPOSSIBLE for world peace to ever be achieved, hence why conflict in this world post Chapter 700 is more than believable

Also, you are acting like Naruto has only been Hokage for 1 year and that the Leaf has been in constant chaos....This guy had his "peace" and was Homage for over a decade and also the hatred that Naruto ended was simply this ever lasting war between the Senju and the Uchiha (The Kaguya stuff was just random bullshit that Kishi came up with so I'm not counting that stuff) - The world doesn't revolve around some ancient conflict between just two clans

And most of all, THIS ISN'T NARUTO'S STORY ANYMORE, this is Boruto's and the new generation story with the old taking the back seat....This is an era of great technological advances and new ideaologjes, this is a era where the next generation are a bunch of OP ninjas in the making....It would be INCREDIBLY stupid if the new gen doesn't surpass the old.....

Plus, Naruto isn't even anywhere near as strong as he was when he fought Kaguya, so the thought of him being defeated isn't random or farfetched at all consideirng the potential of this new generation.....What matters is how it's executed and there is nothing to suggest that it's done poorly as of yet but even so, it's something that CAN be done well

I can't defend the recap though so I'll leave that alone
TokoyaMay 3, 2016 11:29 AM
May 3, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2016
This looks bad imo
Naruto being dead or missing just seems like a cheap way to add tension
May 3, 2016 1:00 PM

Jun 2015
Just fucking stop it already, Kishimoto. This was not needed and I think it'd be more rewarding for you to work on something else than to keep milking the old cash cow.
uh oh!
May 3, 2016 1:19 PM

May 2012
Yeah, can't say I'm all too excited for this as well. It was an alright chapter(haven't seen the movie), though I couldn't get used to the art change yet.

I hate thinking that Boruto's byakugan is either Hinata's or Himawari's too

May 3, 2016 2:10 PM
Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
I disagree....The point of that flash forward was simply to build suspense and to have readers anticipating how this situation came about while this recap is going on

Wow what a huge wall of text, but I like it, shows that you put effort into your answer. We do not have to agree and what you call suspenseful I call bait.
Bait because I cannot think of a way to reach that conclusion in a satisfying manner. Either way I´d feel betrayed, be it in my expectations that they actually killed Naruto or the fact that the character we followed for so long was killed for the sake of making his son look awesome.

Tokoya said:

Secondly, the Kakashi-esque scar aside, it's not the same situation for Boruto as with Kakashi. If you actually paid attention to detail, you would have noticed that his eye, albeit it seemingly looking like a Byakugan, is not quite the same considering that it lacks the fundamental features of an activated Byakugan (That is, the inner and outer veins)

If it really were an implanted Byakugan, it would have looked like Ao's....You cannot activate or deactivate an implanted Dojutsu (As shown with Kakashi, Ao, Nagato and Obito, all of which had implanted Dojutsu), so really this is just bad analysis on your part here.....I mean think of it this way, there's clearly a reason as to why they didn't colour that last page....My guess is that it's something like the Byakugan but more powerful - Which is something that is long overdue considering how Kishi neglected the eye and the Hyuga for the sake of the Uchiha fap fest

I´m gonna use the same logic you applied and disprove your point by pointing out that this is a unique situation that never existed within the canon of the series before therefore your argument proves nothing. I do agree that it is not exactly the same situation for Boruto as it was with Kakashi biologically. Boruto is a trueborn Hyuga, wether or not his surname is Uzumaki he has the Hyuga genes inside of him. I doubt Kishimoto, Kodachi or Ikemoto studied eugenics and if anything it´s loose biology that´s used to justify any of the eye transplants in the series. I agree that an extension of the Byakugan powerline is overdue, although I also think it´s too late now. Because there is a huge scar cutting through the space where his eyeball is, it´s clearly implied that this isn´t his own eye, making the situation a Kakashi recycle in terms of plotline and power improvement.

Tokoya said:

In terms of the scar itself, clearly one reason why they did it is so that it can nicely line up with the design of the mark of his headband, which signifies that he got that injury sometime after he left the village and seemingly went rogue (Note that is Boruto's headband not Sasuke's - Sasuke's is blue whereas Boruto's, likewise in this chapter, is black)

That´s a very loose assumption,Boruto going rogue would be yet again a recycled storyline.
But instead of Sasuke´s somewhat relateable reasoning we would literally get Shippuden filler level quality writing. Considering how good his life is it makes no sense for him to go rogue, except they put in some obstacles by killing off some of the old cast to make the boy suffer. Which is what I refered to as shitting on the old cast for the sake of Boruto.

Tokoya said:

And finally, Boruto is NOTHING like Kakashi, lol so your attempt to sell this notion that they are trying to rereate Kakashi in him is quite laughable....It's not like Kakashi is the first person to rock a scar on his face either...It's a common thing in all shounen manga....But yeah this comparison to Kakashi of yours is weak af and way out of left field....If anything this development makes him even more like Sasuke which isn't a surprise to anyone

I don´t know why you think i implied that he´s similar to Kakashi in terms of character. I just think that the design choices were made deliberately to remind us of that character because he became the no 1 fanfavorite. Coupled with a similar origin story for his potential signature asset (his doujutsu) makes the comparision easy. Regarding Boruto´s character, he doesn´t resemble anyone 100%, he´s loud like his dad, but a genius like his cousin while being caring and unconfident like his mother.

Tokoya said:

The fact that this obvious red herring as so many people thinking that he is actually dead pretty much disapproves your notion (Which is shocking to me personally) and even if he does die at some point, that doesn't in any way shits on his character

What I mean by this is that, the whole argument of "peace" thing is flawed and incredibly naive especially in a world like this one....It is IMPOSSIBLE for world peace to ever be achieved, hence why conflict in this world post Chapter 700 is more than believable

There´s no problem with conflict existing within the world, .It was clearly established that cooperation on a larger scale has become the dominant solution for most parts of the world within the verse.Although that´s mainly still conceptual and not applied everywhere yet, while they keep working on progressing and spreading this system. A more detailed view on this can be seen in the novels and actually ties some of the lose ends between 699 and 700 together.
My beef comes from the fact that it´s implied that villains appeared that have the capabilities to take down guys like Naruto or Sasuke. The fact of him dying isn´t much of a problem eventually all of the characters would. The problem lies within the justification for their/his death. That being to make Boruto look good by beating the villain that managed to kill Naruto Jesus.
Ofc if that´s not the case it turns into bad writing for a different reason, that being baiting.

Tokoya said:

Also, you are acting like Naruto has only been Hokage for 1 year and that the Leaf has been in constant chaos....This guy had his "peace" and was Homage for over a decade and also the hatred that Naruto ended was simply this ever lasting war between the Senju and the Uchiha (The Kaguya stuff was just random bullshit that Kishi came up with so I'm not counting that stuff) - The world doesn't revolve around some ancient conflict between just two clans

It doesn´t matter if you like or don´t like the Kaguya plotline, it is canon and responsible for any Doujutsu in the series. She´s also Boruto´s nth level grandmother, justifying his power and this series in the first place. Without her there´s no chakra, without her no Ninjutsu, the list goes on. She ties into everything. Even being indirectly responsible for anything evil tied to Shinobi.

Tokoya said:

And most of all, THIS ISN'T NARUTO'S STORY ANYMORE, this is Boruto's and the new generation story with the old taking the back seat....This is an era of great technological advances and new ideaologjes, this is a era where the next generation are a bunch of OP ninjas in the making....It would be INCREDIBLY stupid if the new gen doesn't surpass the old.....

The whole notion with surpassing the next generation can´t be taken literal at this point, else it contradicts the whole story. It´s established that it was meant in a spiritual way not a physical. If it´s to be taken literal ,Tsunade, Sarutobi, up to Naruto´s generation they all failed, including the K 11.
With Naruto and Sasuke being the exceptions that managed to get on the level that was last reached by Madara and Hashirama.
Furthermore it was constantly pushed that surpassing the next generation was meant in creating a better world for your descendants. If Konoha is actually destroyed yet again, that makes Sarutobi the best Hokage who managed 16 years of peace maybe?
Tokoya said:

Plus, Naruto isn't even anywhere near as strong as he was when he fought Kaguya, so the thought of him being defeated isn't random or farfetched at all consideirng the potential of this new generation.....What matters is how it's executed and there is nothing to suggest that it's done poorly as of yet but even so, it's something that CAN be done well

Again read the posts above. That´s horseshit bending the narrative of 700 chapters for the sake of building up a generation we know since one Movie and 10 chapters of a miniseries.
May 3, 2016 2:19 PM
Oct 2013
Olem said:

I hate thinking that Boruto's byakugan is either Hinata's or Himawari's too

When i read this chapter I made up a fanfiction inside my head, that would fit the narrative but not offend the fans.

Hiashi mentions how he failed to protect Neji.
Neji&Boruto share the same name, Boruto is also Hiashis grandson, therefore he should have some affection towards him. Sacrificing himself for Boruto would honor Neji´s legacy remind the fanbase of Neji´s character at the same time and work to employ grief into the story for the MC and his family without pissing off the fanbase by killing off their favorites.

That would be the way I´d write a story around an implanted Byakugan, but I doubt they think that far.
May 3, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
I expected nothing as was somehow still let down.
May 3, 2016 2:45 PM
Oct 2013
So with Boruto's eye, I assume it's a similar situation like what happened to Kakashi where he loses an eye, and gets given a byakugan eye. I wonder if it's either Hinata's or Himawari's eye? Or some random that we haven't met yet.
May 3, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder how much Pierrot will milk this, maybe 4 episodes for this chapter XD
It was okay I guess, art was iffy and Naruto being a bad father is horrible.
The science guy looks like a pedo and is obviously evil, where is the anbu squad?

The future villain looks a a fusion between Naruto and Sasuke :O
Maybe they were taken over by something.
May 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Nov 2015
That style of art.. LMAO.. I tell you, He is the worst manga artist in the world.. Seems like it was a mistake by giving him this job.. If he doesn't improve in next few chapters, this trash will ruin Naruto's big name.
May 3, 2016 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
I wonder how much Pierrot will milk this, maybe 4 episodes for this chapter XD
It was okay I guess, art was iffy and Naruto being a bad father is horrible.
The science guy looks like a pedo and is obviously evil, where is the anbu squad?

The future villain looks a a fusion between Naruto and Sasuke :O
Maybe they were taken over by something.

There's already a movie for it:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/28755/Boruto__Naruto_the_Movie

Maybe they'll pull a DBSuper and reanimate it all with sh***y quality. <_<
May 3, 2016 4:58 PM

Jan 2016
Kawaki v Boruto with those Curse marks and Boruto's new eye has me hyped but I hope this Boruto the movie rehash ends in one or two more chapters
May 3, 2016 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
yeah it's just the movie, but there's some subtle changes between the artists. The looks of Sasuke and Hinata, along with some of the kids have changed. But the beginning is mega gay. Giving away Naruto being dead, even if he really isn't, and showing what Boruto eventually looks like... just dumb. This new guy is lacking in Kishi's flare for sure.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 3, 2016 5:11 PM

Nov 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
yeah it's just the movie, but there's some subtle changes between the artists. The looks of Sasuke and Hinata, along with some of the kids have changed. But the beginning is mega gay. Giving away Naruto being dead, even if he really isn't, and showing what Boruto eventually looks like... just dumb. This new guy is lacking in Kishi's flare for sure.
Wow, the first chapter fucking sucked hard the beginning sucked ass because what the fuck is going on, what happened to the village, who the fuck is this punk ass asshole, Kawaki and its taking a shit on that whole eternal peace Naruto wanted.

The shittest part is that 90% of the chapter is the FUCKING BORUTO MOVIE and the art was shit it looks like fanart you see on Deviantart, for example Professor Snape Sasuke.

Also if Naruto and Sasuke are dead here's what I think of the Boruto manga so far.
Now it feels there going dark and grim like the DC Extended Universe.
May 3, 2016 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
absolute trash and a complete waste of time
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 3, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
I just skip it, I already watch Boruto movie.

I'm must getting used this artist since Kishimoto art have set really high bar
May 3, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
Naruto motherfucking Uzumaki ... the fourth's son, the jinchuriki who took control of the nine tails, Kyuubi, Karuma. Dead? With the rasengan, his mother's huge amount of chakra as a Uzumaki, had so many battles, won the war, etc. Sure he was rusty in Gaiden but still. ... To possibly be killed by this random kid Kawaki. Or just now dead. Bullshit. Boruto fucking overpowered with random tattoo markings or whatever the fuck. A sword? From what? Sasuke's training? With a look of huge battle scars. Wtf? I never watched the Boruto movie yet because it's still not in japanese dub and english sub online. But ... scientific ninja tools that can shoot a jutsu off a bracelet? That's fucking gay. Doesn't feel ninja-like or Naruto-esque. Art? Horrible. Bland and flat. It looks like fan-art. I don't recognize anything of Naruto from the art. It's ugly. Boruto's a brat. Himawari who could be a badass with her byakugan seems to be unfortunately irrelevant. Man, wtf. New random foes? I don't know. I'll rejudge after 5 chapters but. I don't like Boruto, or Sarada strong on becoming a hokage. And the other characters look like copies of their parents. As for Mizuki. Just his elastic power is weird. Like One Piece. Come on. So many questions unanswered ...
May 3, 2016 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
Naruto is not dead. Kishi is not as stupid as many people thought. he gave his permission to create this manga therefore if Naruto is dead, he'll be back just because
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
May 3, 2016 8:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
@Isterio, I'm on my phone atm, but to also spear everyone else from being subjcted to our walls of text I'm going to respond to your points in paragraphs (Just giving you a heads up)

I agree with you wholeheatedly with the bait thing because that's pretty much what it was as well (That is, in regards to Naruto seemingly being dead) but everything else imo at least suceeded in the suspense aspect....I also realized this just now but Kawaki never stated that he himself killed Naruto either, so for all we know something even more believable could have happened to him....We just have to wait and see....Personally I don't think that it's fair for people to jump to the conclusion that he (And for some reason people think that Sasuke is dead too which makes no sense as to why people think this) died when the information that we have are vague and all we have to go off of are the vague comments of one guy in regards to Naruto's fate

Are you referring to him having a different kind of Byakugan when you say that it's a unique to the series? Because I don't see how that disapproves anything. I understand where you're coming from with the rest of your points but this is a new age and times of old have changed....Plus Kishi has neglected so many other aspects of the series that he could explore, so if Kodachi wants to do it, then I say let him since it'll make the series and mechanics bigger instead of the small sphere that it was in already (That's why I'm a huge fan of the novels)....In regards to the eye, it does look like it could have been implanted due to the scar, but the details surrounding it doesn't add up either unless it's a brand new eye or something

Likewise with the death thing, I don't think that it's fair to assume that....For one, Sasuke left for revenge but that doesn't mean that Boruto left for the same thing....This is speculation on my part, but using some careful analysis, I came up with a scenario:

1. Basically I think this whole situation is a lot more ideaological than we think.....This concept of "Ending the age of ninja" is a brand new concept that we've never seen in the series and is something that you can associate with a very radical group like the Akatsuki but with a much different ideaology

Madara wanted to end fighting via the IT
Kaguya wanted world domination/to be the end all and be all
Obito wanted to live in a dream world via Madara's plan
Orochimaru wanted immortality and endless jutsu
Nagato wanted to use the tailed beasts to destroy every form of conflict in the world in order to obtain peace but he would use fear and force to maintain it
Naruto wanted world peace via ending the cycle of hatred through getting people to let bygones be bygones and getting them to understand one another - Which is incredibly naive and impossible to begin with
Sasuke wanted to destroy all hierarchies/Konoha

2. However, ending the concept of ninjas in itself is a whole new ball game....That's not something that one guy can come up with on his own....The way I see it is that Boruto and Kawaki left the village together at some point and joined up with some radical army or nation but Boruto eventually falls out with them and then the events of this chapter eventually goes down - The reason why I think that he left the village is more complex than just someone dying because as we saw in the Boruto movie, he never really understood what it meant to be a ninja/hokage and even at the end of it all, he decided that he wanted to be like Sasuke whom is essentially a loner/wandering soul

I think you meant to say genius/prodigy like Sasuke, also in terms of personality, that whole relying on myself thing/hiding my feelings thing is also all Sasuke....But sorry for assuming that you meant personality wise he was identical to Kakashi. However, likewise with the death stuff, it's too soon to call his situation being identical to Kakashi since we don't know how he got that Dojutsu and at this point, it's already a given that it's not a regular Byakugan both of which his sister and mom has so there's no way he could have gotten it from them

Glad to see that you are also a fan of the novels (You're a good man lol), but yes, I too loved that aspect of them. Like.....I can't say the same for Sasuke, but Naruto got nerfed hard post Kaguya....Yes he still has access to Six Paths Mode which is simply an enhanced version of a sage mode that gives the user access to all sorts of broken abilities such as flight, the Truth Seeking Balls and the ability to use the abilities of all of the tailed beasts...However, Naruto lost the ability to do all of this and is now simply back to being slightly above Kyuubi Mode Level which isn't that OP as some people think. And it is for this reason (Plus the fact that this new age is OP) that I feel like there can be a logical explanation for why Naruto can be defeated

Hagoromo was the one that taught ninjutsu (Ninshu to be more specific) to the world and gave people the ability to use chakra....All she did was end all the wars, established herself as a deity and implemented worldwide slavery and then like you said, later on she orchestrated Madara's plan. However, Kaguya in itself is an asspull and complete bullshit....There was no build up to her, there was no context behind her character at all and even when Kishi shoe horned her existence during the Sages' history lesson, there was no evidence or setup for her to return yet alone being the final villain...It was literally the most random thing ever and was worse than the awful Obito reveal (The war arc was just bad in general)

The surpassing the previous generation has always been both literal and spiritual....With each generation, the world of ninja changed significantly....Hashirama's gen established the village system, Tobirama's gen developed the village system and made new and powerful techniques such as Edo Tensei, Kage Bunshins and FTG, Sarutobi's gen modernized the world and focused on the passing of the torch/importance on squads/training and bonds, Minato's gen was more of the same except they were plagued by war like with the previous two gens but worse this time and Tsunade's/Naruto's dealt with bonds and hatred....Every generation we've gotten advancements in ninjutsu etc, more powerful Shinobi and larger scales of battle....Plus we've seen what Boruto's gen can already do as kids....They're way superior to their parents when they themselves were this young (That is 12 and younger) so imagine when they get 16+....Konoha getting destroyed happened in every era minus Tobirama and Hashi so it getting destroyed this time is nothing to get triggered over.....Orochimaru destroyed Konoha under Sarutobi's watch, Tobi and Kurama did under Minato and Nagato did under Tsunade....Momoshiki messed up the village a little too under Naruto and Toneri would have fucked Konoha under Kakashi if it werent for Sasuke lol

We have enough evidence to prove that they will surpass their predecessors.....Plus it's in their genes man....This is to be expected
TokoyaMay 3, 2016 8:49 PM
May 3, 2016 8:50 PM
Dec 2008
So yeah.... Read the first few pages, and thought "this better be a dream sequence". Nope. Not a dream sequence. I am totally not interested in reading the rest of this manga.

Rather than focus on what made Naruto great (I'm thinking back to when it was new, and there was more of a focus on ninja), the manga immediately attempts to upstage the original by hinting at Naruto's death, the end of the ninja world, and showing Konohagakure trashed in the background.

If there's one thing that I absolutely hate seeing in sequels, it's the whole we must exponentially raise the stakes mentality. So many good series have been ruined by their writers believing that they have to make everything exponentially more grand. It's terrible, and I am so upset that Boruto went down that path within the first few bloody pages.
May 3, 2016 9:01 PM

Jun 2014
I just came here to laugh. Dropped naruto ages ago. This can't possibly be this bad.
:3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can I start with this??

removed-user - Mar 26

12 by BatoKusanagi »»
Apr 6, 4:19 AM

» Boruto TS Design

mayudhwuh - Aug 10, 2023

10 by Seya-san »»
Mar 20, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 33 Discussion

Kuma - Mar 21, 2019

16 by TheGrandVizier33 »»
Feb 20, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 67 Discussion

Tetsuyagiri - Feb 20, 2022

20 by Xarouliss »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 30 Discussion

Kuma - Dec 21, 2018

9 by loris_bove »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.