Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Jan 7, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
I can only imagine how many fan-fic between the lord and Subaru there are...

More interactions between Rem and Ram, and much more amazing scenes + finally there are actual pictures (visuals) for the ED! This is better than just snow crystals falling down...

This episode might be almost the same as the last episode, but the way the story goes, just made this episode completely feel different with its revelations and more deeper connections between characters (Rem and Ram especially)...

I feel the pain... After making a promise for the second time and somebody or something stops you from meeting your promise... Now I understand why he goes back to the checkpoints in the last episode.
Feb 4, 2018 1:49 AM

Dec 2010
So I guess it's a poison instead of infection coming from the dog bite. By the way, do we have an official ED graphic sequence?

Man, I haven't binge-watched something for ages. This thing is GUUTTO!
Sep 14, 2018 10:28 AM
Dec 2014
Jagd84 said:
Macka7 said:
Enjoying this so far, but Subaru constantly failing to realize that he's coming back to life and that people won't remember previous events is getting old.

It's weird that he's so slow on the uptake there, given how quickly he accepted arriving in the world in the first place.

Getting old? That only happens once and it entirely made sense then. You have be insane to realize you looping from the get go. But he figured it out in in the first arc and never forgot again. What he wasn't expecting that he continue looping again and that's because he didn't expect to die all of sudden. Especially not in his sleep of all things. Hie's actions in his 2nd loop in of Arc 2 is entirely based on fact only he remembers things and he tries retrace his steps while regaining those moments that were lost and underrated why he died.

TBH I also thought that he was a bit slow on the uptake. It took him three deaths to figure out what was going on, when I think most would do it in two. And he is not most people; most people would probably be confused and think that they are dreaming / hallucinating when they first arrive in this world, whereas he was pretty quick to accept it and draw parallel to a gaming world. I think that someone like that -could- have picked up right after one death (doesn't mean he would necessarily avoid the next one).

But we are past the first three episodes and at least he knows how it rolls now. I am not too fond of his quirky outburst, but well, as a shut-in it should can be expected. I must also say that for a shut in, his physical ability is rather outstanding.. Yeah, you can workout indoor, swing a sword in your room (note, IRL it is quite hard to do so in a Tokyo appartment as the ceiling tend to be quite low), but his physical feats so far is still quite impressive..

What is less impressive however is that despite being killed again at the end of episode 4, he seemed more concerned with hooking up with Emilia than trying to figure out what was going on. Yes, he didn't completely forget about it in light of the fact that he tried to stay awake this time.. but that is the equivalent of using his ability to be half a step ahead when he could have done so much more. Now granted, as far as his dating plans go, he is several steps ahead.. but priorities, priorities. Well, perhaps being able to reload really changes one's priority. I won't go as far as say that I am enjoy seeing him die, but I hope that this death will motivate him to focus on playing the game as something other than a plain dating sim.
AxBattlerSep 14, 2018 10:34 AM
Sep 14, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
AxBattler said:
What is less impressive however is that despite being killed again at the end of episode 4, he seemed more concerned with hooking up with Emilia than trying to figure out what was going on. Yes, he didn't completely forget about it in light of the fact that he tried to stay awake this time.. but that is the equivalent of using his ability to be half a step ahead when he could have done so much more. Now granted, as far as his dating plans go, he is several steps ahead.. but priorities, priorities. Well, perhaps being able to reload really changes one's priority. I won't go as far as say that I am enjoy seeing him die, but I hope that this death will motivate him to focus on playing the game as something other than a plain dating sim.
He is a shut-in who thinks that a great love-story awaits him in this world. That he is the main hero in this "story" (well, for us he is but not for other people in this world) and everything revolves around him. That's why he prioritized his date with Emilia above anything else.

He will begin to change starting next episode but it will take him some time to get to an acceptable point for most viewers.
Sep 14, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2010
AxBattler said:
Jagd84 said:

Getting old? That only happens once and it entirely made sense then. You have be insane to realize you looping from the get go. But he figured it out in in the first arc and never forgot again. What he wasn't expecting that he continue looping again and that's because he didn't expect to die all of sudden. Especially not in his sleep of all things. Hie's actions in his 2nd loop in of Arc 2 is entirely based on fact only he remembers things and he tries retrace his steps while regaining those moments that were lost and underrated why he died.

TBH I also thought that he was a bit slow on the uptake. It took him three deaths to figure out what was going on, when I think most would do it in two. And he is not most people; most people would probably be confused and think that they are dreaming / hallucinating when they first arrive in this world, whereas he was pretty quick to accept it and draw parallel to a gaming world. I think that someone like that -could- have picked up right after one death (doesn't mean he would necessarily avoid the next one).

But we are past the first three episodes and at least he knows how it rolls now. I am not too fond of his quirky outburst, but well, as a shut-in it should can be expected. I must also say that for a shut in, his physical ability is rather outstanding.. Yeah, you can workout indoor, swing a sword in your room (note, IRL it is quite hard to do so in a Tokyo appartment as the ceiling tend to be quite low), but his physical feats so far is still quite impressive..

His ability to accept he is in a parallel world is irrelevant to not believing he's reviving/looping. Tings like that don't happen these stories to begin with it and fantasy worlds have their limits what can be done.

You are also exaggerating on his priorities. Look at from his perspective. He has literally no leads to work with from about his death no matter how much he freaked out about it and which did so massively that he's shaking and running of out his room and seeking comfort in somebody who verbal abuses him because it keeps him stable. The only thing he can do is retrace his steps. Yes he likes Emilia, but that and worrying about what is going on is not mutually exclusive and it is part of his determination to live a new life by side someone he's come to like not solve murder mysteries. The only reason he's in this place is becasue of Emilia and if not for her then he's better off just leaving rather than sticking his nose into something he doesn't have to without personal stakes. Which is even more important because of his ability since he may come back but the people around him won't. Emilia is his only anchor and friend in this foreign world.

Also people make too much of his physical feats. We stories of mothers who don't even excuse lift a cars out of pure adrenaline. Considering that his life was in danger he didn't do anything beyond what normal fit would able to do.
Iron_MawSep 14, 2018 3:47 PM
Sep 15, 2018 9:28 AM
Dec 2014
@Jagd84

To me, they are related in the sense that they only happen in fiction. Subaru not only quickly accepted that he was in a world reminiscent of a work of fiction, but quickly imagined himself as either a protagonist, or at least as a newly created character who will eventually be able to cast magic. That to me is an indication that for better or worse (better in this case) he isn't fixated on what is realistic or not, he will just accept the evidence as they are presented. It, of course doesn't mean that he should expect to be able to reload before it happens. And while I might understand that he might write off his first death as some kind of hallucination at first, I do not think that it is too much to expect that he would be able to put 1 and 1 together the moment that he notices that everyone he knew no longer recognise him, that something outside the realm of the real world is happening. Whether it is a reload, time loop, or even a premonition, finding himself in an earlier place with past memories including his death, should have made him realise that yet another thing out of fiction is occuring in this ficticious looking world.. Which eventually happen, but it took more deaths than I thought was necessary (he is lucky to have so many lives really). Had his original characterisation at the very beginning been different (freaking out and trying to make sense of wth was going on etc.), I would've accepted that he isn't someone willing to accept the unreal quickly.. in which case it would have made sense that he isn't faster to adapt.

The fact is that his "Good End" isn't on the horizon as long as he is due to die in a few days. No, the two goals aren't mutual exclusive, but given the limited amount of time before his game over, the sane choice is maximise information collection / detective work so that survive. Even if the ultimate goal is to get the Good End with Emilia, survival is a pre-requisite. This is something even he had to come to realisation as in the following episode, where he start to balance his priorities in a way that I would expect a person who is a target for assassination would do. TBH, there is worse than a MC a bit slow on the uptake, but I do hope that he tries a bit harder to limit his death count from now on (until now I felt that he is about one episode behind what I expect). After all, at this point we don't know if he can do what he can reload an unlimited amount of time.

I could argue that plenty of stories on hysterical strength is anecdotal, though I am fine accepting that he got enough of a boost from the circumstances to lift a massive club with one hand extended, or not realising that he was fatally wounded until a while later. But the physical feats I refered to was less to do with his strength but his chuunibyou derived combat skill is rather impressive (e.g. when the way he took down the two thugs, or three thugs in a later load state is rather impressive for a shut-in who only *thought* that he is destined for greatness at that very moment *even* as a surprise attack). Ultimately I think this is best explained with "anime logic".. which fine considering that this isn't an anime that is trying to be realistic. My comment on his physical feat wasn't even a criticism, they had to give him a little something otherwise he'd be instant killed as soon as he comes under attack.
Sep 16, 2018 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
AxBattler said:
@Jagd84

To me, they are related in the sense that they only happen in fiction. Subaru not only quickly accepted that he was in a world reminiscent of a work of fiction, but quickly imagined himself as either a protagonist, or at least as a newly created character who will eventually be able to cast magic. That to me is an indication that for better or worse (better in this case) he isn't fixated on what is realistic or not, he will just accept the evidence as they are presented. It, of course doesn't mean that he should expect to be able to reload before it happens. And while I might understand that he might write off his first death as some kind of hallucination at first, I do not think that it is too much to expect that he would be able to put 1 and 1 together the moment that he notices that everyone he knew no longer recognise him, that something outside the realm of the real world is happening. Whether it is a reload, time loop, or even a premonition, finding himself in an earlier place with past memories including his death, should have made him realise that yet another thing out of fiction is occuring in this ficticious looking world.. Which eventually happen, but it took more deaths than I thought was necessary (he is lucky to have so many lives really). Had his original characterisation at the very beginning been different (freaking out and trying to make sense of wth was going on etc.), I would've accepted that he isn't someone willing to accept the unreal quickly.. in which case it would have made sense that he isn't faster to adapt.

And who does he know who care enough to recognize him beyond Emilia whom he didn't meet again until the 3rd loop? The appa merchant is only person he speaks with on multiple occasions and that amounts to once per loop and he doesn't know Subaru at all for it be a factor. Emilia in the first loop and Fellt and Rom in 2nd are the only ones who should know him since he spends significantly amount of time with them. Besides Subaru realize he looping during his third death that's not too many times at all especially given none of loops repeated themselves beyond very general events. If you keep looking at this from a deattached third party perspective than you can't understand what it is like going through something like this emotionally. His deaths and revival are both sudden and immediate and not kind of thing anyone gonna grasp logically because it there no logic to it in the first place from their perspective. In fact most people would have taken longer to understand.

The fact is that his "Good End" isn't on the horizon as long as he is due to die in a few days. No, the two goals aren't mutual exclusive, but given the limited amount of time before his game over, the sane choice is maximise information collection / detective work so that survive. Even if the ultimate goal is to get the Good End with Emilia, survival is a pre-requisite. This is something even he had to come to realisation as in the following episode, where he start to balance his priorities in a way that I would expect a person who is a target for assassination would do. TBH, there is worse than a MC a bit slow on the uptake, but I do hope that he tries a bit harder to limit his death count from now on (until now I felt that he is about one episode behind what I expect). After all, at this point we don't know if he can do what he can reload an unlimited amount of time.

Subaru can only work with what he knows which what he does. He cannot come up with plans and preparation out of thin air. It has nothing to do with being slow or fast thinker. None of that will get you information especially when you don't how a incident happened in ten first place. You don't know how or why he could possibly died no matter how much you think, it's exact thing for Subaru at this point. That's why he choose most logical action with the RBD and retrace his steps, but keep aware of any clue of hostility directed to him and not sleep during the 4th night. It'd not just about finding out what happened to him in the last loop, but not trying to let fate disrupt his life and deny him his own happiness. That what vow to himself was about. Restoring his relationships and dealing with what happened are one and the same to him.

I could argue that plenty of stories on hysterical strength is anecdotal, though I am fine accepting that he got enough of a boost from the circumstances to lift a massive club with one hand extended, or not realising that he was fatally wounded until a while later. But the physical feats I refered to was less to do with his strength but his chuunibyou derived combat skill is rather impressive (e.g. when the way he took down the two thugs, or three thugs in a later load state is rather impressive for a shut-in who only *thought* that he is destined for greatness at that very moment *even* as a surprise attack). Ultimately I think this is best explained with "anime logic".. which fine considering that this isn't an anime that is trying to be realistic. My comment on his physical feat wasn't even a criticism, they had to give him a little something otherwise he'd be instant killed as soon as he comes under attack.

It's same with the thugs, which was nothing impressive for someone who regularly excises. He caught them by surprise and did nothing fancy to take them down. He won because he prepared himself mentally to fight them with everything he had while they were relaxed none the wiser. It very much a typical "in the heat of moment thing". What would be really "anime" would have been making him comically weak in every scenario and his opponents ridiculously infallible. Shut-ins aren't monolith as anime makes them out to be and often flanderizaties them as does with a lot of real life groups or othar things.
Iron_MawSep 16, 2018 8:57 AM
Sep 18, 2018 8:21 AM
Dec 2014
@Jagd84

1. The thugs, for one. If someone takes a good beating, they sure will remember the person who did it. Or seeing a person go chuunibyou-fu before wimping out in rather outlandish manner the moment they see a knife. Or the person they were beaten up only to have the table turned on them (being a bad memory, they would likely remember not just the person that did the table turning but also the entire event leading to that including the victim). Besides, he is not exactly conspiciouhs. His eccentric manerism aside, people have noted his unusual clothing (though, knowing Subaru, it might be a detail that might slip through his mind).

The ringa seller shouldn't be written off either. Subaru -did-, alongside Emilia, bring find and bring his lost daughter back to his wife. You do not treat such someone like a stranger the next day.

2. The truth is, he got so little out of his time leading to his second death (that is not to do with how he might impress Emilia) that most of the detective work happened after that, with still very little to go on (and while it ended in failure, it was a significant improvement over the previous run in terms information gathered).

Subsequent episodes have pretty much cemented my belief that the guy doesn't use his brain too much. If I found him a little more likeable and wanted to dress out my words, I would say that he think with his heart. But I don't, so I will say what I really think, that is the guy is too emotional and it is affecting his capabilities for rational thoughts. Yes he is going through a lot, and perhaps he is going through a vicious circle where his mental breakdown is affecting his capability for rational thoughts, but his emotional outburst leads him to bad outcome, which worsens his breakdown.

3. I strongly object to the notion that there is nothing impressive with beating up three thugs if it were IRL even for someone who does "regular exercise". Someone who show hostility (the thugs) can expect a fight or flight response. So the time spent being surprised if the person choose to charge (second loop, when he took them all out) will be a short one. It is actually pretty hard to knock someone to the ground in one hit especially if they see you charging because the body will react instinctively to lessen the damage unless the person know what he is doing (just being reasonably fit won't do). But even if that is achieved, the time it takes to do that is enough for the others to react before you can take care of them.

Still having seen more episodes now, I recognise that Subaru isn't that special in the universe this take place. The three stooges were just comically weak, but it is anime.
Sep 24, 2018 9:12 PM

Mar 2010
AxBattler said:
@Jagd84

1. The thugs, for one. If someone takes a good beating, they sure will remember the person who did it. Or seeing a person go chuunibyou-fu before wimping out in rather outlandish manner the moment they see a knife. Or the person they were beaten up only to have the table turned on them (being a bad memory, they would likely remember not just the person that did the table turning but also the entire event leading to that including the victim). Besides, he is not exactly conspiciouhs. His eccentric manerism aside, people have noted his unusual clothing (though, knowing Subaru, it might be a detail that might slip through his mind).

The ringa seller shouldn't be written off either. Subaru -did-, alongside Emilia, bring find and bring his lost daughter back to his wife. You do not treat such someone like a stranger the next day.

He met every single of these people once PER loop. They didn't forget Subaru they never when he dies and returns to a new loop. His history with them is gone, a point that empathized more as the show continues and why reestablishing relationships with people are more important to him than anything.

2. The truth is, he got so little out of his time leading to his second death (that is not to do with how he might impress Emilia) that most of the detective work happened after that, with still very little to go on (and while it ended in failure, it was a significant improvement over the previous run in terms information gathered).

Whether he gets something big or little out of what he does is irrelevant as long as he get something. He's not a situation when can pick and choose or has convenient events happen to drop on his lap. He's not trying to specifically impress Emilia either, he was trying to get his bonds with mansion residents to level they were in the first loop while trying to avoid dying in the loop.

Subsequent episodes have pretty much cemented my belief that the guy doesn't use his brain too much. If I found him a little more likeable and wanted to dress out my words, I would say that he think with his heart. But I don't, so I will say what I really think, that is the guy is too emotional and it is affecting his capabilities for rational thoughts. Yes he is going through a lot, and perhaps he is going through a vicious circle where his mental breakdown is affecting his capability for rational thoughts, but his emotional outburst leads him to bad outcome, which worsens his breakdown.

If by not using his brain you mean acting like so me inhuman calculating machine or professional detective sure. He neither of these of those things. Subaru didn't come to and live at Roswaal's mansion to deal with all the stuff, he came to start a new life and while saying by the side of his benefactor. He only had to as byproduct of that desire.

3. I strongly object to the notion that there is nothing impressive with beating up three thugs if it were IRL even for someone who does "regular exercise". Someone who show hostility (the thugs) can expect a fight or flight response. So the time spent being surprised if the person choose to charge (second loop, when he took them all out) will be a short one. It is actually pretty hard to knock someone to the ground in one hit especially if they see you charging because the body will react instinctively to lessen the damage unless the person know what he is doing (just being reasonably fit won't do). But even if that is achieved, the time it takes to do that is enough for the others to react before you can take care of them.

Still having seen more episodes now, I recognise that Subaru isn't that special in the universe this take place. The three stooges were just comically weak, but it is anime.

All that varies on the circumstances, timing and who the opponent(s) are. Even a civilian can kill a trained soldier in real life under right conditions. It's not cut and dry.
Sep 28, 2018 6:41 PM
Dec 2014
Jagd84 said:
He met every single of these people once PER loop. They didn't forget Subaru they never when he dies and returns to a new loop. His history with them is gone, a point that empathized more as the show continues and why reestablishing relationships with people are more important to him than anything.

You completely missed the point I made. The fact that those people react in a way that implies that they have never met should have been a big hint of what was going on for him.

Jagd84 said:
Whether he gets something big or little out of what he does is irrelevant as long as he get something. He's not a situation when can pick and choose or has convenient events happen to drop on his lap. He's not trying to specifically impress Emilia either, he was trying to get his bonds with mansion residents to level they were in the first loop while trying to avoid dying in the loop.

It is very relevant. He doesn't know if his stock of lives is limited or not. It was something that worried him when he noticed that his number of death at the mansion was matching the number of death in the capital. As such, it is sensible to:

1. Focus on survival
2. Maximise information gathering so that if death is inevitable you restart with as much lead as possible.
3. Everything else, including chasing the heroine has to come after. You can only chase the good ending if you are alive, and you can not assume that you can always come back. It isn't being a calculating machine, it is sensible. And I am not saying that there is no room for 3. but it has to come after 1. and 2. In the second run, his priorities clearly were flipped. Subsequent runs finally had him balance the priorities better. Better late than never, but late nevertheless.

Part of the "charm" in regards to his ability is that his life doesn't need to be "plot protected" given that he's got more than one. So he doesn't need to come up with amazing scheme that most would not think about. But I think it would be reasonable to do a bit more than sit alone in the corner the room on the marked night. That is what I call "being half a step ahead" (sure, it is better than going to sleep, but without other preparations, barely). Even if he didn't have the
to deal with, what made him think that he could deal with whatever was coming for him. A step ahead might be to set up a trap. Two steps ahead might have been to figure out a way to improve his ability to defend himself in the few days. Or arrange so that someone might have his back. Whether those things can be achieved or would have lead to him to "clear" the level isn't the point it is the (lack of) effort that makes it hard to root for him.

If by not using his brain you mean acting like so me inhuman calculating machine or professional detective sure. He neither of these of those things. Subaru didn't come to and live at Roswaal's mansion to deal with all the stuff, he came to start a new life and while saying by the side of his benefactor. He only had to as byproduct of that desire.

You do not need to be an inhuman calculating machine nor a professional detective to know that ignoring his benefactor's resist the temptation of throwing his tantrum in E13 is absolutely selfish, idiotic and likely damaged his benefactor's standing (I did say "subsequent episode" and this is only one of the many instance prior episode 18 where he has shown to be brain damaged).

Also, "didn't ask for" isn't really an excuse anyway. No one ask for their own misfortune, but when thrown in an undesirable situation, the only option is to try to do something about it. With the benefit of prior knowledge (well, after his first death), he knows how much time he has left (not much but still a couple of days) to do something about it.

All that varies on the circumstances, timing and who the opponent(s) are. Even a civilian can kill a trained soldier in real life under right conditions. It's not cut and dry.

Not going to argue over unspecific circumstances. But I am basing my statement based on the circumstances shown on screen.
Apr 11, 2019 6:19 AM

Nov 2009
Was expecting to like Ram more than I do. Still don't have a character that I'm head over heels for but there's plenty of time for them to grow on me, hopefully. Pleasantly surprised that it has psychological and gore aspects, wasn't expecting that as I didn't read the genres until after starting. It's actually reminding me of Mirai Nikki a bit. Was a bit jarring going from an episode with everyone having their guts slit open to a cutesy episode but then it pulled a psychological cliffhanger at the end so I'm happy. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Apr 19, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
the crunchyroll version censored the eyeball scene but i went and looked it up anyway.. and well damn
May 1, 2019 10:30 PM

Apr 2014
-Gruesome death once more. He got closer to Rem and Ram, but the directing gave the impression that Rem may actually be jealous or insecure of her sister due to the overabundant praising and how she kept glaring at him interacting with Ram.

-I can see this looping eventually taking a toll mentally, if after every time where he makes heartfelt progress on his relationship with the one he likes and just building friendship with other people it is all reset and he has to redo everything more than once... Also curious if he'll have an existential crisis when it dawns upon him that he can't ever die. For as long as he posses this ability, he can never sacrifice for the greater good and have it count whatsoever, however that would only be a problem if a reset could possibly undo months or even years worth of effort. He could usher in a new era of long-lasting peace and have it all undone after dying a comical death lol.

-Intentional shot from Subaru to Rem, and then back to him when he mentioned something about being human. Seemed rather deliberate and random, but could have just been coincidental timing. However when paired with her reaction when he referred to demons, perhaps she and possibly Ram may not be as human as they appear.

-Getting the feeling his cellphone might be an ace up his sleeve at some point down the road, although I doubt the pictures will be retained after reset, or will they? At the very least he could make another bargaining attempt if needed I guess.

-Beatrice remembered their previous interaction??? Hmm...
May 2, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
ZeroDragon said:
The save point is after their first meeting (the one when she drained his mana).
May 2, 2019 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
mozgow said:
ZeroDragon said:
The save point is after their first meeting (the one when she drained his mana).

Ah, right. He came out of bed twice that day.
Aug 10, 2019 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
Oh... well it seems like he died that night after all and thus had to restart last time. And here we go again with another restart, wonder if he caught a glimpse of his murderer before he got beheaded.
Aug 29, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2017
Well okay I guess someone did kill him in his sleep. It looked like poisoning was the initial cause. It could be the old dude/maybe Ram since they were discussing some kinda cryptic stuff and wondering if Subaru was a spy and such. Pretty interesting. I'm hoping he will ask for help soon.
Sep 22, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
Well at the beginning Subaru seemed as confused as I was the episode at the end before. But it didn't last long until he got optimisitc again. It's just weird that everyone was so different from the last time and it just sucks to have all these moments with certain and lose it.

The bath scene with Roswaal was pretty funny, it also reminded me so much on Shokugeki no Souma. :D

Holy shit these endings are crazy. This was definitely the most disturbing one. But what happened to Subaru? He was puking all over the place, lost his arm and his head got crushed afterwards. I can be wrong but I don't believe it was something human. Hopefully there will be an explanation soon.

Nov 17, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2018
Mc is dumb But good Episode it was funny
Jan 2, 2020 7:00 PM

Dec 2019
e4 was a good episode previous to this so im hoping it will be just as good
Mar 13, 2020 9:41 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
OMG that ending with the arm!
May 31, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2016
Could it be that Elsa chick followed them back to the mansion and kills everyone around 5 days after they arrive? :o
Jun 15, 2020 11:44 PM

Apr 2020
Ah Shit Here we go again, I was screaming in my mind, dont sleep DONT SLEEP, but gotta restart now
--AbiSa--
Jul 8, 2020 5:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Was that Lisa on the silhouette?
Subaru died again was unexpected incident in the end after his will got sharpened but ended away in shame like that. Its his fate, poor you for not accomplished his second promises. The fifth died, how long i could survived counting his death? Lmao.

Okay. Rem and Ram appearance got highly appreciated on this one. Especially with Rem's one million volt tempted smile. Still, their intentions kept blurred off by the way this show had to directed. Like Beti, Rem, and Ram, even Emillia. So, lets just skipped the unnecessary and jump up to another episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2020 1:40 PM
Oct 2019
Guess he *was* killed the previous episode. Poisoned (?) and then hacked up. Yikes.

The red twin and the mansion owner are obvious suspects. Are we even sure their memories were reset? But maybe it's the disemboweler? She found him perhaps.

That whole thing running errands with blue twin was weird though. *shrug*

If not for the cliffhanger at the end of seemingly every episode, this series really isn't that good.
Sep 26, 2020 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
Watching Subaru trying to cope with the time loop was entertaining and full of funny scenes and gags, but that ending... I didn't expect him to die in such bloody circumstances. :( I wonder who or what killed him.
Oct 8, 2020 3:14 AM

Jul 2020
Woah that ending was brutal
Nov 9, 2020 6:28 AM

Jun 2020
I loooooooove the ED

Omfg that after credits scene was gnarly. Poor Subaru.

Also will they ever address why he isekai-ed here or........ is that just going to be conveniently ignored because he seems pretty unbothered by it aside from a few passing comedic remarks lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 9, 2020 7:17 AM
May 2017
ribbonaffair said:
I loooooooove the ED

Omfg that after credits scene was gnarly. Poor Subaru.

Also will they ever address why he isekai-ed here or........ is that just going to be conveniently ignored because he seems pretty unbothered by it aside from a few passing comedic remarks lol

it's gonna be addressed, but it's gonna be a while before you find out
Feb 12, 2021 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
omg that ending was freaking brutal, I feel bad man
Feb 27, 2021 3:56 PM

Feb 2019
Man, vaguely knowing who killed him after the ED kinda hurts..
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 26, 2021 7:55 AM

May 2020
"So it's like none of it ever happened?" Imagine spending times and bonding for almost a week then all those moments and progress are just gone, being Subaru is suffering.

Some people misunderstand the scene between Subaru and Beatrice in the beginning, she doesn't know he can reset it's just that Subaru's new checkpoint is a few hours after he first met Beatrice.

Subaru attempts to retrace the steps he took in the last loop, but what makes Re:Zero different from other time travel/time loop anime is that doing the same thing each time won't end up at the same place in the end as shown here in this episode when Rem ended up being suspicious of him constantly.

Holy shit Roswaal fanservice, completely forgot about this, glad I did forget but now... Get this off my mind!!

Subaru learning to read and write the world's language, Re:Zero actually puts in effort in being different and has it's own written language.

"My sister is one thing but no one would be happy to see me dress up."
"Does my looking the same as my sister inconvenience you somehow?" neat foreshadowing.

Rem is pretty sus of Subaru, anybody probably would get pretty suspicious of him.

Subaru is really good with kids!

We got to see a lot of Rem's side in this loop, I feel that's what makes the RbD mechanic in Re:Zero good, through different loops Subaru can explore different sides of the cast.

Rem really thinks of herself as inferior to Ram despite seemingly being better than her in everything.

Demonically inspired! More great characterization for Rem, I used to not really like Rem that much but rewatching this made me like her a bit more tbh.

That ending... wtf... I remember this gruesome death but that eyeball in the end...
Jul 5, 2021 7:32 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
The lord of that mansion creeps me out

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Nov 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Jan 2021
I don’t think someone from the mansion is killing Subaru but if it is it’s probably the lord or it could be him ordering Rem or Ram to do it for him
Jan 2, 2022 3:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Why do I have a very bad feeling about this?
Jul 10, 2022 3:22 PM

Feb 2018
A wholesome episoed until.. the end that is. Poor Subaru can't have a peaceful episode huh?
Aug 25, 2022 3:12 PM

May 2022
I felt so bad for Subaru in this episode, his promise with Emilia's date was lost. it's good that he doesn't want to give up, and he can still follow the same plot by doing everything he did previously to get to that point. it was nice to see Rem warm up to Subaru a little, but that's also gone cause that ending got sad and dark. Subaru deserves better.
Aug 31, 2022 3:28 AM
Jul 2022
amzaing, as allways
Sep 17, 2022 8:33 PM

May 2021
This is getting more interesting. Great episode
Oct 9, 2022 5:10 PM

Aug 2021
damn... i thought he was finally able to make it back to his promise to emilia and then the post credit scene happened which will be followed by a new loop i expect
Nov 3, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2021
He started over again. This time there were slight changes in the past. But man, the ending was crazy. Talk about brutal. Guess he's back to square one now.
Feb 2, 2023 11:19 PM
Feb 2021
brutal subaru's kinda weird still though
Jul 26, 2023 1:41 AM

Dec 2022
What in the ever was that after credits, like does Subaru have to constantly suffer like this over and over again holy hell. But i assume it can get worse than this if dying is supposed to be normal for him later on in the story. Although Roswaal still a bit sus and a weirdo at that.

Aug 22, 2023 5:56 AM
Jan 2023
Another good episode, it seems Subaru did get killed, that explains him getting reset at the end of the last episode.

Subaru asked Emilia out on a date, but managed to get himself attacked and probably killed during the night.

That ending was pretty gross, that's really the only issue I have with the episode tbh.

Right now, I'm questioning how Beatrice can remember Subaru and his actions even though those events never happened in that timeline. There is more to her magic than we're being told here.
Oct 1, 2023 2:56 AM
Sep 2023
amazeing ebisode
Oct 31, 2023 2:47 PM
Oct 2023
pretty good cant see who killed our Subaru and what he will do to deal with it
Nov 14, 2023 3:57 PM

Aug 2023
Story: 7/10
Visual: 7/10
Detailed: 6/10
Characters: 7/10
Emotions: 8/10
Smoothness: 6/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 8/10
Originals: 6/10
Intense: 4/10
Uniqueness: 6/10
Fun/Laughter: 6/10
NSFW: 3/10
Boring: 5/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 24, 2023 10:48 AM

Dec 2022
I've been indifferent to this anime for the most part so far, but Subaru's deaths are always hilarious. There's probably a montage of them on YouTube.

Wonder how long it's going to take him to realise you can't trust anyone, because even the life of a hermit isn't looking too unappealing at this point, and it's not like he has too much reason to be attached to Emilia either, which would be the only legitimate reason to acquaint himself with people in a mansion where he's clearly unsafe. Every time he dies, he rightfully starts contemplating and asking himself questions for all of a single scene, but then drops his guard near immediately after, which isn't going to get him anywhere.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 15, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2023
Goddamn, if I were Subaru I would have already accepted the fact that I get sent back in time whenever I get killed.
Dec 28, 2023 6:34 PM
Jul 2017
fake deep plot, theyre again hinting at cool shit but nothing comes of it

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 10 hours ago

28 by DoobieSam »»
3 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.