Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
skyUFO said:
And also I think he got sick from the dog bite.
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?

Rem and Ram are somehow connected to demons. Look how Rem smiled when Subaru said he likes demons.

But does it means they are demons themselves? I don't know (yet) :-P
May 1, 2016 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
Damn what a brutal ending to a great and somewhat lighthearted episode.

One thing I'm curious about is the puking, if that's in every loop or specific to this loop. Anyway's my favorite anime this season delivers again and the voice actors are just doing a phenomenal job with this series.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see Subaru and Rem get a little closer in this episode. Him being nervous with Emilia toward the end was pretty funny, oh Subaru.

But holy fuck, that post-ending scene was brutal. Subaru's VA gave an A+ performance depicting the suffering he was going through. Now he's gonna have to start over again unfortunately. I really want to know who keeps killing him. Also, we finally got to see the ED visuals.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 1, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2011
What is with this adaptation!? How can it be this good!? I can't believe it! And here I thought that novel adaptions are shit. Damn it.
Jul 2018
Ram and Rem are both so cute!

That ending was unexpected! I wonder who the killer is!

Jan 2015
mozgow said:
skyUFO said:
And also I think he got sick from the dog bite.
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?

Rem and Ram are somehow connected to demons. Look how Rem smiled when Subaru said he likes demons.

But does it means they are demons themselves? I don't know (yet) :-P

Isn't your whole comment a bit spoiler-ish?
May 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.

Nonetheless, the after credits scene was absolutely intense and very well done.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
So I'm guessing the maids are demons but her reaction when she brought it up.

God Damn Emilia is a fucking babe...but why do I have this feeling that SHE might be the one killing Subaru...idk why I have this feeling...maybe she just doesn't want to go to town lol.

I hope it's not the twins, im really starting to love them now.

Good god that ending rarely does my heart leap into my throat but my god...that was brutal.

Beatrice is in a different time and space so it would make sense that she would not be affected by Subaru and his RESET.
SoraSenpaiMay 1, 2016 11:54 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 1, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
OK, so someone or something poisoned Subaru in both loops (the dog? but did it bite him the first time?) with the poison not taking effect until the middle of the night, at which point he leaves the room and someone attacks and kills him, presumably as a back-up in case the poison didn't work quickly enough. If this is the case, either the girl with the dog is working with someone who wants Subaru dead for one reason or another or one of Rem and Ram poisoned him before finishing the job in the hallway. Either way, I feel sorry for Subaru to get so close again only to be killed again, particularly with him suffering such a painful and presumably traumatic death this time (after all, he saw his own arm separated from his body).

Also, though I had a feeling it would happen at the start of the episode, how and why does Beatrice remember Subaru? I bet it's something to do with her not being human and how she can control all the doors in the mansion like she can.
May 1, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
2/3 part of this episode is kinda boring. They could easily cut a good amount of it without damaging the show.

But the last part is extremely good. I'm sure the next episode will become more intense compared to the last 2.
May 1, 2016 11:52 AM

May 2012
I wanted to think the dog played a part in his sickness, but that seems far too much of a coincidence from the bite lol

So, was he somehow poisoned somewhere throughout the day? The most suspicious ones seem like Ram or the lord. I want to cross out Rem since her and Subaru seemed to have gotten close to each other, but she still seems like a suspect. I feel like all but Beatrice and Emilia+Puck are suspicious.

Anyway, I'm probably way off on what I think. Like everyone said, that was pretty damn brutal. Probably the worse death he's had so far

May 1, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
I am starting to like Rem. That smile left me with quite an impression.

Emilia couldn't have put it more hurting way for Subaru! But she was cute as always.

Beatrice didn't forget about Subaru. Does that mean she has the ability to see resets?

I gotta admit the episode left more distinct features visible between the two sisters' personalities. Something about Ram bothers me. On the other hand, it seems the little sister has an innocence about her which makes her really charming.

The ending was bloody (literally) cliffhanger. Was that the bite in the village that started it all? Was it food poisoning? Can't wait to find out. But the real problem is Subaru didn't get to see the face of the person who took his life.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 1, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
honestly ram or rem (the blue hair maid) is kinda fishy.. when subaru said he likes demons, she kinda smiled
idk if she's a demon or something o_o
this whole episode was amazing.. they did it again with the funny atmosphere untill 20th min and then fuck us up after 20th min
damn that after credits scene though... makes me feel so bad for subaru :(
May 1, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2012
shanimebib said:

Beatrice didn't forget about Subaru. Does that mean she has the ability to see resets?

I think she was referring to the first time he woke up in the mansion, when he was wandering around and came across her room. The time he got sapped in woke up the "second time" where he wakes up to Ram and Rem, so I don't think she's an exception to the resets

May 1, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
Xenocrisi said:

What the actual fuck after the credits?! They totally censored it

I remember Rem

So I'm assuming that the same thing killed Subaru at the end

Oh, one thing, why does Betty remember Subaru even though he died?

Well it's TV they have to somewhat censor it and they didn't even cut it out, they just darkened it, most likely for the BDs. Also it's not like it's less impactful that way. Through many other factors this scene still carries a lot of tensity.

You mean that?

If it was the same is something we will have to see. I could clearly hear the sound of something metal and heavy which wouldn't be that dog.

He reset to the moment he wakes up the second time ( after Betty drained all his mana ) so even if he resets she remembers him. That's also why he gets a little bit more motivation. He finally found someone who remembers at least a little bit.

Jan 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Xenocrisi said:
His "savepoint" is after he met Beatrice the first time. Remember when she sucked his mana out? His savepoint is right after that one scene. Hope that helps.

Oh right! You helped me. Thanks.
This makes me think about Betty but whatever...I don't want to overthink about it

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Aww... the end credit scene is so awesome. Hyped on episode 6's "The Sound of Chains"!

Rem will show everyone why she topped the charts in multiple Japanese polls.

I'm glad they integrate the omitted scenes from previous episode. The hair scene is cute for Rem x Subaru.

I was really surprised to see that they brought this in this episode. But god that was beautifully adapted. Well from now on is serious time as it seems.

I know. I'm glad White Fox really is faithful to the adaptation and don't chop scenes to fit only one girl only.

May 1, 2016 11:57 AM

May 2015
I found this really interesting. Ram closes her eyes, but Rem opened her eyes? I smell something fishy here.

May 1, 2016 12:01 PM

May 2012
Holy shit that was a fucked up way to die.

okay episode. The first half was boring tbh. I like the part where Rem smiled tho. The ending was definitely the best part. Someone clearly poison him, but the question is when?

I don't think it was from the dog. I mean it ws jsut a bite, unless the dogs and they're world are just on some other shit lol. I think its Ram but I don't know where she would have time to do it. Plus I think Subaru was trying to find Beatrice room and then someone killed him. Then again it could be Rem acting on her sister orders. I thought I saw some blue eyes when he stood up.

Damn I guess I will just have to wait till next week. Also was they try to hint that Rem and Ram are demons?
AntearionMay 1, 2016 12:09 PM
May 1, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
Well it looks like Rem and Ram might be demons. Or Rem might be a demon and Ram is an angel or something.

Sorta disappointed we didn't get to see the culprit yet. I was really rooting for Subaru to reach Beatrice or something and be saved.

Now I gotta wait another week
May 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

"The Sound of Chains"!

"The sound of chains" is THIS episode. because in this loop the only thing Subaru learned (apart from reading and writing) is that the weapon used was chains. And then the brunt crushing sound.

If anyone pays enough attention then

otherwise this entire loop is pointless.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2007
blazehero said:
Jesus that was a brutal way to die.

Was it just him that was getting murdered, or was it the whole house I wonder. And if it was just him, why is Subaru getting targeted

Last episode indicated that the master of the house suspects him of being a spy. That is a valid motiff to want to get him killed. Especially since the master gave the whole to the neck gesture that is used to imply murder.
May 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Re:Zero does so well everything, I laugh like crazy, I love the conversations, and I'm scared as fuck, all at the same time during the same episode, only Higurashi made me legitimally terrified while watching it before this one.

The ending theme is absolutely beautiful, and now that they added some pictures it's even better, I praise White Fox for not rushing anything and skipping OP or ED if needed for the episode, even if it's sad because both are the best of the season IMO.
May 1, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Xenocrisi said:
ColdBreeze said:
His "savepoint" is after he met Beatrice the first time. Remember when she sucked his mana out? His savepoint is right after that one scene. Hope that helps.

This makes me think about Betty but whatever...I don't want to overthink about it

Didn't she say that how could she not forget him after finding her room 3 or 4 times barging in on her? That would mean she remembers her coming into her room after the 1st time if she says he barged in on her 3 or 4 times right? I think she does remember him, but fails to realize that there is a time anomaly going on, since she is in her room reading books in a separate space and time (from her ability) than the timeline going outside of her "door ability." I believe if she stays in her time phenomenon behind her door she creates while he dies and resets then she would still technically be just sitting there reading as if nothing happened (i.e. not affected by the reset) unless she is not in one of her time rooms then she could possibly be affected by it.
CejaraMay 1, 2016 12:10 PM
May 1, 2016 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Xenocrisi said:
mozgow said:

I am fairly sure he is just messing around lol...
May 1, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
Xenocrisi said:

What the actual fuck after the credits?! They totally censored it

I remember Rem

So I'm assuming that the same thing killed Subaru at the end

Well it's TV they have to somewhat censor it and they didn't even cut it out, they just darkened it, most likely for the BDs. Also it's not like it's less impactful that way. Through many other factors this scene still carries a lot of tensity.
[/quote]

That's pretty much censorship if you ask (I don't know if you ca see but the table's leg is covering the gore)

Fappa said:

You mean that?

If it was the same is something we will have to see. I could clearly hear the sound of something metal and heavy which wouldn't be that dog.

Not, it wasn't that picture, but now that I see it, I remember seeing that pic as well, and I might have mixed that scene with

which was a different picture
May 1, 2016 12:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well judging from the fact that his HAND is very easily getting injured and that Beatrice said in the last iteration to NOT touch her with his hand (with a suspicious dialogue afterwards) makes me suspect he is actually getting a curse. Also, he never saw his murderer and it looked like it was invisible. So I would presume he had a Reaper/Death-style curse placed on him by someone or something. Either that or he got infected by something and had to be killed by a reaper or some sort?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 1, 2016 12:10 PM

Apr 2015
danieltortoisee said:
OK, so someone or something poisoned Subaru in both loops (the dog? but did it bite him the first time?) with the poison not taking effect until the middle of the night, at which point he leaves the room and someone attacks and kills him, presumably as a back-up in case the poison didn't work quickly enough. If this is the case, either the girl with the dog is working with someone who wants Subaru dead for one reason or another or one of Rem and Ram poisoned him before finishing the job in the hallway. Either way, I feel sorry for Subaru to get so close again only to be killed again, particularly with him suffering such a painful and presumably traumatic death this time (after all, he saw his own arm separated from his body).

Also, though I had a feeling it would happen at the start of the episode, how and why does Beatrice remember Subaru? I bet it's something to do with her not being human and how she can control all the doors in the mansion like she can.

here's a hint:

Subaru mentions "it's very cold" when the poison kicked in his system.

May 1, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2007
Olem said:
shanimebib said:

I think she was referring to the first time he woke up in the mansion, when he was wandering around and came across her room. The time he got sapped in woke up the "second time" where he wakes up to Ram and Rem, so I don't think she's an exception to the resets

I think I have missed it completely as I was in the assumption that Beatrice killed him. That would probably explain that the reset starts from after he was touched by Beatrice and he was just left unconscious instead of being killed. Gotta pay more attention next time. I like it how the story can be so damn misleading at times which actually makes it very interesting.

DarkingDawning said:
I found this really interesting. Ram closes her eyes, but Rem opened her eyes? I smell something fishy here.

Another interesting thing is how Subaru and Rem are the only two characters who are shown with changing expression in the ED. The rest of the characters including Emilia aren't shown like that. Makes me think Rem is a special character amongst the side characters.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 1, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
blazehero said:
Jesus that was a brutal way to die.

Was it just him that was getting murdered, or was it the whole house I wonder. And if it was just him, why is Subaru getting targeted
My theory is as follow:

Xenocrisi said:
Maybe only that part about "puppy" and the girl. But just a little :-)
The rest should be pretty obvious.
May 1, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2014
Ok now this is totally Shingetsutan Tsukihime
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Jan 2015
Cejara said:
Xenocrisi said:

Didn't she say that how could she not forget him after finding her room 3 or 4 times barging in on her? That would mean she remembers her coming into her room after the 1st time if she says he barged in on her 3 or 4 times right? I think she does remember him, but fails to realize that there is a time anomaly going on, since she is in her room reading books in a separate space and time (from her ability) than the timeline going outside of her "door ability." I believe if she stays in her time phenomenon behind her door she creates while he dies and resets then she would still technically be just sitting there reading as if nothing happened (i.e. not affected by the reset) unless she is not in one of her time rooms then she could possibly be affected by it.

It wasn't what I was thinking about but you got a point. Your theory (is it?) makes totally sense tbh
This makes things just more interesting
May 1, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2015

who are these people? to those who can't read katakana, they're as follows:

petra
mirudo
dine
kain
ryuka
meiri
meina

May 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
LoneWizard said:
I am fairly sure he is just messing around lol...
Not really :-)
Just crafting some theories after newest episode :-P
May 1, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
This episode is crazy. First the psychological moments at the beginning, that lead to light-hearted moments, only to crush them at the end again. The soundtrack was perfect and the animation quality didn't drop. Every moment is used to either develop the characters or push the story forward. I'm impressed by White Fox. And this is only the beginning. I'm looking forward to episode 6 and 7.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 1, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Just for a moment I thought Subaru is Okarin lol
lol yeah...He went full Hououin Kyouma all of a sudden...
May 1, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
kidlat020 said:
DarklordVor said:

"The Sound of Chains"!

"The sound of chains" is THIS episode. because in this loop the only thing Subaru learned (apart from reading and writing) is that the weapon used was chains. And then the brunt crushing sound.

If anyone pays enough attention then

otherwise this entire loop is pointless.

I was referring to the next episode's title, "The Sound of Chains" (Kusari no oto [鎖の音]).

May 1, 2016 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
DarklordVor said:
Ha! I told you guys Rem-rin is best girl. That smile.... I want to protect it. So much Rem-rin cute moments! I'm gonna die..... but Subaru died first kek.

Aww... the end credit scene is so awesome. Hyped on episode 6's "The Sound of Chains"!

I'm glad they integrate the omitted scenes from previous episode. The hair scene is cute for Rem x Subaru.

Alright I gotta admit Rem was pretty damn cute this episode...hell she was actually pretty awesome.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2014
It seems like nothing really happend in last 2 episodes... they are so lovely all the time but then he just dies in the end... well I guess he shouldn't have said that he likes demons, because then one might have poisoned/cursed/killed him. Overall likeable episode 4/5
May 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2012
This anime does gore the right way. By not actually focusing on it.

Animes like Akame ga Kill are jokes compared to the gore in this anime, because what Akame ga Kill does is full of superfluous or fake emotion that they try to cover up with gore.

Beatrice remembers Subara because it's his second day, not his first one.

The first time he woke up, he met Beatrice. She took his mana.

The second day he woke up, he met Ram and Rem.

----

Master & Ram suspect him of being a spy and are watching him.

----

At some point, Subaru eats dinner with everyone. - He eats -. That could relate to the poisoning.

----

Rem might be a demon, and by extension, Ram. Whatever a "demon" is in this world.

----

I thought the thing that killed him was some kind of crazy creature since I couldn't really see what it was at all. I assumed Rem became an uncontrollable demon and nobody happens to know.

That, or someone is actually just intruding on the house. But if there is no 3rd party intruder, I'd soonest suspect Ram.

What might any of these people have against Subaru though?

Maybe master is the person who hired Bowel Hunter in the first place?

Maybe Ram?

Then again, they could just kill Emilia since she lives with them, to take her badge, so that might not make sense.

----

Maybe someone is even being forced to kill him against their own will.
ChdataMay 1, 2016 12:35 PM
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
May 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
bobzanny said:
DarklordVor said:
Ha! I told you guys Rem-rin is best girl. That smile.... I want to protect it. So much Rem-rin cute moments! I'm gonna die..... but Subaru died first kek.

Alright I gotta admit Rem was pretty damn cute this episode...hell she was actually pretty awesome.

Well the Rem x Subaru thing is not gonna happen... It's not like I don't want it to happen, but you know how it goes :/... I also think that these maids are doing that dirty killing job (just a guess tho)... Anyway I would love to see some progress finally!
May 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Mar 2011
in this case i feel like it is Rem that is killing Subaru. Ram went out of her way to try and teach Subaru their language. if she was just planning on killing him at a later period there would be no point in such a thing. Rem also has the colder personality of the two.

one interesting thing to note is their hair color. Oni (not "demons") are generally depicted as either red or blue and wielding a giant spiked club, which definitely sounded like the weapon that killed him at the end.
May 1, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
Cejara said:
In Crunchyroll subs she said that he barged in 3 or 4 hours ago.
May 1, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
kidlat020 said:

who are these people? to those who can't read katakana, they're as follows:

petra
mirudo
dine
kain
ryuka
meiri
meina

The children most likely
May 1, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
mozgow said:
Cejara said:
In Crunchyroll subs she said that he barged in 3 or 4 hours ago.

Your right, I remembered it wrong. Its weird that she would still be affected by it though right? I mean shes in a different time and space in that room she created from the entire castle.
May 1, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
FippinPanda said:
It's refreshing to see an MC already having a set goal in mind to make the main heroine his girl.

That ending.. ;-; I was hoping someone, Beatrice would save him. Maybe Subaru was trying to go to her special room since he always knows where it is.

Edit: Just read the manga version of the post credits scene. And it's even more brutal.

Thanks for the link... I don't like censorship to be honest... that put my mind at ease :)
May 1, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Cejara said:
Your right, I remembered it wrong. Its weird that she would still be affected by it though right? I mean shes in a different time and space in that room she created from the entire castle.
I'm not so sure she is in different time and space. The only thing we know for sure is that she can connect library door to any other door in the mansion. It does not imply, IMO, that she is in different timespace (or dimension).
May 1, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2015
For people who are interested in the manga version of this which is uncensored then here. No Spoilers.

Warning NSFW!

May 1, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
did well, subaru could fix things up again after his death and appears to be gaining rem, would better go getting used to his death because there will be many many more, hopefully subaru can exit the loop and prevent his death for her date with eMILIA, finally it was a good chapter.
May 1, 2016 12:51 PM

Nov 2014
Does someone want's to spoil me who the killer is?

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 6:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.