Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this episode was kinda funny.

We got Subaru coping with the aftermath of the loop. Quite a bit of lewd moments lol like him and Roswaal hanging out and Ram giving him a towel while he is nude. I also find it amusing at how he works with the twins around the house, fun fun. Subaru also getting along quite well with the locals though. Obviously not everything is normal with the stuff going on with the darker developments.

Lewd. Also glad to see the ED credits with more visuals.
Stark700May 1, 2016 9:49 AM
May 1, 2016 9:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Losing all those moments with all those people must suck. Poor Subaru! Luckily it didn't take too long for him to snap out of it and act optimistic. Lol, we got some Roswaal manservice. It's funny since he has the same seiyuu as this guy...
And it's nice to see Ram teaching Subaru how to read and write. This episode felt just as relaxing as the last episode due to its more SoL feel. And least Subaru got to spend time with Rem and Ram. I died at Subaru slipping xD. And there's another nice moment between Subaru and Emilia. And finally... ED visuals!!!
Make sure to watch after the ED. That f*cking after credits scene though!!!! That coldness must've been extreme, and man, Subaru just got slaughtered again! One cliffhanger ending after another!!! Time tor restart :D

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 1, 2016 9:56 AM
May 1, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
@Stark700 @GoldenDevilGamer Did you see the after credits scene? If not you have too! It's the crucial scene this episode and I'm mind-blown they brought it in
May 1, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2015
good pacing!
5/5 for me

May 1, 2016 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
The ED visuals are finally out! It hints a lot of things too...

and that last scene...was so brutal .. T.T

But I really like the pacing, I can see this episode(combined with the ED) foreshadowed quite a number of things..
MezterMay 1, 2016 9:40 AM
May 1, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
Mezter said:

I'm surprised they brought it in but I'm so happy they did...and props to White Fox. They way they did it was just WOW. The face expressions of dying Subaru sent shivers down your spine and the lifeless arm hanging from that cup, the walls painted in red. And then the sound of the skull crushing.

I expected this to happen in episode 6 and that episode becoming the turning point but they already did it this episode. I love them. White Fox <3!
May 1, 2016 9:41 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Fappa said:
Mezter said:

I'm surprised they brought it in but I'm so happy they did...and props to White Fox. They way they did it was just WOW. The face expressions of dying Subaru sent shivers down your spine and the lifeless arm hanging from that cup, the walls painted in red. And then the sound of the skull crushing.

I expected this to happen in episode 6 and that episode becoming the turning point but they already did it this episode. I love them. White Fox <3!
Agreed, there was a good amount of puke and blood to make the cliffhanger intense and disturbing. And Subaru's seiyuu is great too!
May 1, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Fappa said:
Mezter said:

This part right?

Yeah, I agree. The studio and director did a nice job capturing that. From an interview published before the show, they mentioned the intent to keep the show as dark as possible.
May 1, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:

This part right?

Yeah, I agree. The studio and director did a nice job capturing that. From an interview published before the show, they mentioned the intent to keep the show as dark as possible.

Yes! Sorry, from both of your words it sounded like you missed that part. They did so a great job capturing the horror of this scenes without showing plain gore to your face.

The music, the voice acting and especially the face expressions did so a great job delivering the right emotions. Also the shots ( outside the window and the arm hanging from the cup ) were beautiful.

This is one of the rare cases where not showing directly what happens ( gorewise ) makes the scene more impactful.

Really? Then I can rest assured they will do arc 3 justice. These people know how to create the right atmosphere within the boundaries of what they can show.
May 1, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
It was a bit light-hearted for the most part until the last scene. I feel way too bad for Subaru (and he had a nice moment with Emilia just before). I'd hope for a happy ending, but that probably isn't right. Good episode.
May 1, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Sonnetica said:
It was a bit light-hearted for the most part until the last scene. I feel way too bad for Subaru (and he had a nice moment with Emilia just before). I'd hope for a happy ending, but that probably isn't right. Good episode.

Well it was but with a good reason. Subaru had to make sure that the exact same timeline happens and this also includes being happy and all. At numerous points you could really see how hard it is for him to put on a happy act after what happened to him.

That's actually really smart from him because if the exact same timeline is created he has the advantage of knowing the future. He knows when what happens and he can use that to gather more information or even avert his end.

And yes the last scene pretty much sets the tone for the entire series.
May 1, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
Just what on earth comes to kill him at night?!

I'm sure the same thing/person came to kill him the first time too but while he was asleep.

And also I think he got sick from the dog bite. So I wouldn't dig deeper into that.

May 1, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
There's definitely something "fishy" about Ram. Not about her sneeze that different because it goes without the "chi" word. But her attitude when he got alone with Subaru, like when teaching Subaru about writing and garden work. Even Subaru realized it.
And that learning session with Emilia... It surely look "tense" for Subaru it is.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 1, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
Fappa said:
Sonnetica said:

Well it was but with a good reason. Subaru had to make sure that the exact same timeline happens and this also includes being happy and all. At numerous points you could really see how hard it is for him to put on a happy act after what happened to him.

That's actually really smart from him because if the exact same timeline is created he has the advantage of knowing the future. He knows when what happens and he can use that to gather more information or even avert his end.

And yes the last scene pretty much sets the tone for the entire series.

I see that it can't be helped, then. It's interesting how he'll piece such things together despite going through extreme lengths. And so far this is making me really admire the work they put into this show.
May 1, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016
Uh oh, time loop again, now what and who killed him?
May 1, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Just when I thought the show was done when the ED kicked in the after credits fcked us all. Subaru got slaughtered hard.

Who the fck is the killer? is it the loli? cause he seriously flew like a bitch unless both those maids had enough striking force to kick him to that degree.
-StrayMay 1, 2016 11:17 AM
May 1, 2016 11:03 AM

Jul 2007
HOLY SHIT THIS EPISODe.

This gave me serious Tsukihime feels. Especially that ending.

So I guess he WAS poisoned. And then when he tried to call for help whoever poisoned him finished him off with some sort of the weapon.

Holy shit

5/5
May 1, 2016 11:05 AM
Sep 2012
All the build up was worth it. Cant wait for the next episode. I guess we can say goodbye to nice over excited Subaru now that he knows that some painful shit is headed his way if he doesn't change shit fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
Nicely adapted episode, especially for developments between Subaru and the twins. :)
May 1, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2015
Ha! I told you guys Rem-rin is best girl. That smile.... I want to protect it. So much Rem-rin cute moments! I'm gonna die..... but Subaru died first kek.

Aww... the end credit scene is so awesome. Hyped on episode 6's "The Sound of Chains"!

Rem will show everyone why she topped the charts in multiple Japanese polls.

I'm glad they integrate the omitted scenes from previous episode. The hair scene is cute for Rem x Subaru.

May 1, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2015
Rem and Ram are way too cute *o*
Oh wow the end was pretty intense 'w'
May 1, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2009
Jesus that was a brutal way to die.

Was it just him that was getting murdered, or was it the whole house I wonder. And if it was just him, why is Subaru getting targeted
May 1, 2016 11:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode made me like Rem even more than I already did

She's still behind Emilia for me but the space between them is super thin at this point only because Emilia continues to be perfect and beyond cute

The characterization on and interactions with Rem were way better than last time imo and it really brought out a new and more cute and normal side to get which I loved

I also really enjoyed that scene at the beginning with Betty, and it really amazes me how her character doesn't annoy me at all

However the beginning scene with Subaru in despair really hurt me because I too del bummed out that all of that greatness from last week was erased....I was glad that he managed to somewhat recreate things but that ending

That shit was beyond brutal , like holy shit O_O Was he also poisoned or something too? Part of me still thinks that Ram is involved somehow
TokoyaMay 1, 2016 11:25 AM
May 1, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Aww... the end credit scene is so awesome. Hyped on episode 6's "The Sound of Chains"!

Rem will show everyone why she topped the charts in multiple Japanese polls.

I'm glad they integrate the omitted scenes from previous episode. The hair scene is cute for Rem x Subaru.

I was really surprised to see that they brought this in this episode. But god that was beautifully adapted. Well from now on is serious time as it seems.
May 1, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2015
Going to assume the maids are demons,
This episode was really interesting. Especially since whatever just killed him looked insanely awesome.
May 1, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
Subaru being nervous to ask out emilia was hilarious
Hi there
May 1, 2016 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I feel terrible for Subaru, his emotions and pain are clearly visible, holy crap ... :/

That last scene was possibly the most disturbing thing i've seen in some seasons.
May 1, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
That smile is a million volts!
May 1, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2015
A quieter episode about Subaru getting closer to the maids; I think a good amount of it could've been cut without damaging the show much, but I had a lot of fun watching it anyway. And then the death afterwards was the most intense one yet.

4/5 episode from me.
May 1, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
This here is the anime of the season hands down!
May 1, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
DAT POST CREDIT SCENE WAS F***N INSANE O_O
What was he poisoned? The suffering was real. And then getting slammed away getting his arm destroyed and finally getting friggin splattered to oblivion. WTF!! Don't tell me it's one of the characters we know that did this shit to him? I can't even begin to imagine...
If I knew that was my fate I'd prefer sleeping lol

Altho the ep destroyed me, I still want to talk about the fun parts tho

The Subaru interactions with all the girls were fun.

This ep def made me like Ram more than last one. Last ep Rem was way better but now Ram caught up quite a bit. Rem's still better tho. Dat smile was absolutely <3<3

Ram's "Cover up that sorry thing" when she saw him naked was so lol

And finally the invitation to the date and Emilia saying so u were on a date with Rem was so lol and cute. Emilia's adorable.
May 1, 2016 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
ColdBreeze said:
I had a good laugh as he slipped. And the "the moon is sure pretty" got me too lol

But darn, the after-credit part was soo intense, wow.
That's cruel. And again a cliffhanger, it's so good.

Next episode is equally good, if they adapt it so far.

They adapted this key scene perfectly really. I don't need 100% visible gore when I can have such detailed face expressions, good voice acting and intense camera angles. They really know how to depict these deaths. Can't wait for the upcoming episodes since we're now really into the show :)!
May 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Jan 2014
Okay, I have one question to confirm my current suspicions. Which one of them cooks the food? Like actually fully cooks the food?
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 1, 2016 11:32 AM
Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this episode was kinda funny.

We got Subaru coping with the aftermath of the loop. Quite a bit of lewd moments lol like him and Roswaal hanging out and Ram giving him a towel while he is nude. I also find it amusing at how he works with the twins around the house, fun fun. Subaru also getting along quite well with the locals though. Obviously not everything is normal with the stuff going on with the darker developments.

Lewd. Also glad to see the ED credits with more visuals.

I think they are going to add the magic thing in the next episode. Anyways, good episode, really like the way handle the pace, a little sad they didn't spend more time on Subaru's inner emotion.
May 1, 2016 11:34 AM
Dec 2013
So does that mean Subaru gets killed if he tries to make a promise with Emilia?

May 2015
That ending after the credits, holy shit.... That was one gruesome moment. That was one fucked up scene. I swear, this show is getting better and better after each episode. Superb episode.

Jan 2015
It was an OK episode.
Animation was great as usual.

What the actual fuck after the credits?! They totally censored it

I remember months ago seeing a picture from the LN in which Rem (or Ram?)

So I'm assuming that the same thing killed Subaru at the end

Great visuals for the ED

Oh, one thing, why does Betty remember Subaru even though he died?
XenocrisiMay 1, 2016 11:47 AM
May 1, 2016 11:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was pretty fucking brutal o.o
May 1, 2016 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
Amazing episode once again, Really loving this show.
Subaru makes the show so much fun, His interactions are so fun to watch :D

Subaru's reactions when Emilia-tan was teaching him, Epic XD
Emilia-tan was adorable this episode as well, She has the best outfits <3
Not enough screentime for her in this episode though :P

That post credit scene was brutal, Goddamn.
Poor guy, Really feeling sad for him. He couldn't make the Date come true :(
I'm guessing he was poisoned at some point during the day? He was attacked when he reached the hallway though. Not sure who to suspect yet.
May 1, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2014
This show has such good build-ups and episode endings.

5/5
May 1, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
skyUFO said:
And also I think he got sick from the dog bite.
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?

Rem and Ram are somehow connected to demons. Look how Rem smiled when Subaru said he likes demons.

But does it means they are demons themselves? I don't know (yet) :-P
May 1, 2016 11:46 AM

Jan 2015
Damn what a brutal ending to a great and somewhat lighthearted episode.

One thing I'm curious about is the puking, if that's in every loop or specific to this loop. Anyway's my favorite anime this season delivers again and the voice actors are just doing a phenomenal job with this series.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see Subaru and Rem get a little closer in this episode. Him being nervous with Emilia toward the end was pretty funny, oh Subaru.

But holy fuck, that post-ending scene was brutal. Subaru's VA gave an A+ performance depicting the suffering he was going through. Now he's gonna have to start over again unfortunately. I really want to know who keeps killing him. Also, we finally got to see the ED visuals.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 1, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2011
What is with this adaptation!? How can it be this good!? I can't believe it! And here I thought that novel adaptions are shit. Damn it.
Jul 2018
Ram and Rem are both so cute!

That ending was unexpected! I wonder who the killer is!

Jan 2015
mozgow said:
skyUFO said:
And also I think he got sick from the dog bite.
That's obvious. Just look at this "puppy".

And the girl holding it also looks weird. Why isn't she laughing (or at least smiling) as other kids?

Rem and Ram are somehow connected to demons. Look how Rem smiled when Subaru said he likes demons.

But does it means they are demons themselves? I don't know (yet) :-P

Isn't your whole comment a bit spoiler-ish?
May 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
This whole episode up to the credits felt like a massive waste of time. Rather than hitting on girls, Subaru should have used this chance to investigate what could have possibly caused his death previously.

Nonetheless, the after credits scene was absolutely intense and very well done.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 1, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
So I'm guessing the maids are demons but her reaction when she brought it up.

God Damn Emilia is a fucking babe...but why do I have this feeling that SHE might be the one killing Subaru...idk why I have this feeling...maybe she just doesn't want to go to town lol.

I hope it's not the twins, im really starting to love them now.

Good god that ending rarely does my heart leap into my throat but my god...that was brutal.

Beatrice is in a different time and space so it would make sense that she would not be affected by Subaru and his RESET.
SoraSenpaiMay 1, 2016 11:54 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 1, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
OK, so someone or something poisoned Subaru in both loops (the dog? but did it bite him the first time?) with the poison not taking effect until the middle of the night, at which point he leaves the room and someone attacks and kills him, presumably as a back-up in case the poison didn't work quickly enough. If this is the case, either the girl with the dog is working with someone who wants Subaru dead for one reason or another or one of Rem and Ram poisoned him before finishing the job in the hallway. Either way, I feel sorry for Subaru to get so close again only to be killed again, particularly with him suffering such a painful and presumably traumatic death this time (after all, he saw his own arm separated from his body).

Also, though I had a feeling it would happen at the start of the episode, how and why does Beatrice remember Subaru? I bet it's something to do with her not being human and how she can control all the doors in the mansion like she can.
May 1, 2016 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
2/3 part of this episode is kinda boring. They could easily cut a good amount of it without damaging the show.

But the last part is extremely good. I'm sure the next episode will become more intense compared to the last 2.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 6:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.