Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2016 12:11 PM

Feb 2015
i bet the old lady is the murderer. she came back to the staff room, took the outfit, and was pretending like him with injured feet since she was observing the scene too so it make sense. but she was trying to blame it into someone else in the end. i wonder who. but for Naruhodo to win this court is to capture the fanboy kid. i think he knows everything that happened.

looking foward for the next episode.
May 1, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode. They conveyed Maya's obsession with Steel Samurai and Oldbag's personality pretty well. Edgeworth also got to show his more goofy side. Unfortunately Phoenix himself so far is rather bland. He's supposed to be teh straight man to Maya's antics and yet he's drawing a blank every time. I wish they showed the classic ladder/stepladder scene.
May 1, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
It looks like neither the defense nor the prosecution are any good at investigating.
This is a battle about who is worse at their craft.
May 1, 2016 2:50 PM

Nov 2008
This episode wasn't that bad. I'd even say it was fine. Yes, it was rushed, but cutting down on the fluff is necessary. I think we shouldn't judge the speed based on single episodes, but on case-by-case basis. If there's some feeling of unsatisfaction after Judge's verdict, then we'll now that it was rushed.

I wonder how the rest of this case will pan out. The adaptation of the previous case was bad because of supernatural asspull at the end, but this one looks like it might end up okay. Also, Maya is great, although she didn't get enough screentime. Oldbag was also funny.

Art-wise, there's some improvement. Judge stopped looking like an egg. Edgey-boy's facial expressions looked good, well, at least good for this show.

Also, no stepladders! Why!?

Anyway, I'll continue watching for now. It's watchable and I want to know how all the cases will be adapted. Also, this was the first case I actually liked in the game, so here's another reason.
May 1, 2016 4:03 PM
Apr 2015
Honestly, though the episode itself was OK. My only complaint is the subtitles available.

I really don't see the point in the "unlocalized" subtitles when all they do is not change some of the characters names.
They still changed Steel Samurai/Evil Magistrate and didn't bother translating certain lines in favor of doing fanservice for the game's localization fans. Why bother keep Naruhodou and Mitsurugi as names if you're leaving the rest localized? Tonosaman =/= Steel Samurai and "Oedo Senshi" doesn't translates to "Neo Olde Tokyo".
They should just stop providing alternate subtitles if that's how things will get done.
lucmacielMay 1, 2016 4:06 PM
May 1, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
bxyhxyh said:
Darkshadow77 said:
Why do you people want to see the investigation? There's NOTHING to show.

Game's awesomeness is that build-up take place in investigation, and climax is in the court.
Previous case investigation was big part of it. They cut out it completely. That was wrong.
But this episode done correctly. First investigation is not rich anyway.
Whole investigations time of this case can be reduced.

I was especifically talking about this case's investigation.
May 1, 2016 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
vytah said:
The adaptation of the previous case was bad because of supernatural asspull at the end, but this one looks like it might end up okay.

But isnt the supernatural asspull EXACTLY what happens in the game?
no
May 1, 2016 7:07 PM

Jan 2016
Easily the best episode of this anime so far.

First off, that Steel Samurai bit; it was absolutely PERFECT. It's what i've always wanted. You would not believe how hype i was as i watched that. From now on, whenever anyone criticizes this show, even if it turns to absolute shit in later episodes, i will defend it by saying "the Steel Samurai scene was the hypest shit ever though".

Oldbag's VA was also pretty good, and the court scenes were much better than in earlier episodes. We actually got to see an animated jury instead of those shit CGI creatures, Phoenix actually figured out something without the help of Maya... well, it looked like he actually half-guessed there, but to be fair, he could just have been feeling bad for having to pin the blame on an innocent person. Besides, most of us actually half guessed at that point in the game too (at least i hope so, or i'm the only idiot here).
They even showed the culprit, but they made it not obvious by also showing other characters who showed up in that case in the game.
Playing Cornered during Oldbag's confession was also a great touch.

Animation is still pretty bad though, and i do wish they had put more of an emphasis on the "i object to the witness' talkativeness!" bit, but overall, it was an amazing episode, especially compared to what we got before.
I am so hyped for Gumshoe's hero moment next week, my god.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
May 1, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2016
Drake1000 said:
lmao the animation for the steel samurai scene is better than the one for the actual show

Rightfully so. It seems they dropped the entire budget into that one scene, and it was absolutely worth it. If anything, at least a good adaptation of the Steel Samurai came out of this anime.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
May 2, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2007
This adaptation is outright offensive to anyone who actually played the games.

Absolutely NOBODY on the production staff seems to even care about this show, hence piss poor animation, bad pacing,way too straightforward of adaptaton and with continuity errors in animation on top of that!

The investigations continuing to be cut is outright horrendous considering seeing all the clues come together from investigation to the court scenes is what makes it a good mystery narrative and why the franchise is so awesome. The way it is adapted makes everything feel outright dumb.

Part of me is interested on how much worse the adaptation can get, but another part of me just can't bear seeing game franchise I loved for years getting turned into absolute crap. Its the kind of trainwreck that is not even entertaining - just sad.

And it looks like the next episode will be EVEN MORE rushed.

Literally nobody in the production staff cares about the show. Its literally an advert and even adverts have better quality to them...
1/5
May 2, 2016 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
This adaptation is so lifeless. I don't know why I'm still watching this.
May 2, 2016 7:29 AM
Aug 2008
That scene with Sal was weird. Some of the scenes with Wendy was funny. The investigation was fast paced. This episode made me anticipate the next one a little more. And he animation seemed better in this episode.

May 2, 2016 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
May 2, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2015
Ok, this episode didn't make me cringe. That's a good thing, I think.
Still sucks, though.

You just lost the game
May 2, 2016 3:16 PM

Oct 2015
This was a good episode.
May 3, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2015
I'm curious about oldbag's seiyuu. Who is she?
not changing this signature until I want to do that
May 3, 2016 4:42 PM

Jan 2015
I really liked this episode! But I only think that they have to slow down sometimes, like when Wright thinks about the suspects:

Who is that girl? She only appeared in, like, 5 seconds of the episode, for me they have to show more of the investigation.
May 4, 2016 1:54 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't expect the quality would rise up on Episode 5. Maybe because of the humorous case? Anyway, I did enjoy and the thrill for the next episode!
May 4, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2012
I thought that I will drop the show after this episode, but it was good. It's nice to see Mayoi so involved in the trial.
May 4, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
You know an anime has piss poor animation when the in-anime series has better animation than the anime itself
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 5, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Is he guilty or not, make up your mind Mayoi lol.
May 6, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2015
Fun episode.
Oba chan is suspicious can't wait to find out who's the real killer

May 7, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
This series is sadly so lifeless....It is really fun to hear the voices for characters though and this episode was less cringe worthy than some past ones.
May 7, 2016 1:48 PM
Sep 2011
DeathProxy said:

Who is that girl? She only appeared in, like, 5 seconds of the episode, for me they have to show more of the investigation.

In the English game she's called Penny Nichols, she's an assistant who works behind the scenes, cleaning up and such. Her only real relevance to the story involves trading cards, and since that whole thing seems to have been cut from the anime, she's just kind of... there.
May 7, 2016 11:51 PM

Jul 2008
Oh wait till the old woman has her laser gun.
May 11, 2016 1:01 AM

Apr 2015
It's times like this that I'm glad my ability to tell quality of animation and pacing is so bad, I can only tell if it might as well be a parody of bad animation.

As for pacing, in this case, yes, I did play the game, and the investigation in this case was boring. You didn't miss much. When it comes to an original work though that's not an adaptation, I wouldn't be able o tell if something is rushed unless it was basically a parody. If something drags though, I'll be able to realize that at least.
May 12, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 2013
I'm pretty sure they screwed up the scene when the actor for steel samurai first walked into the court, cuz he was clearly sitting at the seat already in the frame before...
May 13, 2016 5:53 PM

Dec 2012
The issue with this anime is that it's more interesting when the case gets complicated than when it gets solved.
May 14, 2016 1:01 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 17, 2016 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
Just as annoying as in the game
May 28, 2016 3:21 AM
Mar 2011
The Mitsurugi guy is funny when he makes the "disappoint" expression.
Aug 8, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2012
The "Objection" was awesome this episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 6, 2016 5:27 PM

May 2012
That ending! Pretty lovely episode, let's see what's next.
Feb 8, 2019 12:10 AM
Jul 2018
Really boring, everything looks so stale.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.