3It was OK
11.5%
2Disliked it
3.0%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.3
842 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2016 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find Mumei more likable this episode. The girl is tough and she knows it so training Ikoma becomes almost like a responsibility of sorts.

Not as much as action as the previous episode but I find it thrilling especially Mumei and Ikoma's relationship develop a bit. Ikoma also seems more open about his past as well. Really sad to see tbh in such a cruel world D:

Oh and I kinda like how Mumei again stood up for Ikoma.
She also has a cute side towards babies too :D

Ayame shows a bit of her tough side, not bad. Crazy cliffhanger though ;o
Stark700Apr 28, 2016 9:53 AM
Apr 28, 2016 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
Mumei!!! O_O LOL!!! Wow....Ikoma's objections.....Objected and competently crushed.

Nice to see Ayame at least is good person...and understand...they saved them....they own these 2.

Absolutely loved how that Fem. Friend of Ikoma and Takumi slapped Kurusu's hand!

Love how Muemi commandeers Ikoma. She is becoming more Bad ass and Awesome by each episode!

Oh dear....that Pregnant lady.....Shit....she is bitten right....I hope not tough...

Poor Ikoma....so sister was bitten...well as expected from memories.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Aw. X3 so cute! I am pretty sure this just Eliminated any possible Similarities between Levi and Mumei tough!

@Stark700 where do you watch the Raw tough? any Net site has no Episode up yet...and I have checked past 2-3 hours

I knew that Retainer was going to be bastard that tries to either take over or Kill Mumei and Ikoma

BUT DAMN!!! AYAME!!! NIce to see that you got the Courage!!! Finally!!! finally she has started to become a leader.

Ikoma...No...Bad Do not attack Ayame!!! Cliffhanger....
JarjaxleApr 28, 2016 1:38 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 28, 2016 10:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Jarjaxle said:
I knew that Retainer was going to be bastard that triest to either take over or Kill Mumei and Ikoma

Stark700 said:

Aw. X3 so cute! I am pretty sure this just Eliminated any possible Similarties between Levi and Mumei tough!

@Stark700 where do you watch the Raw tough? any Net site has no Episode up yet...and I have checked past 2-3 hours
Livestream bro....Although I think I might know a website that has it raw
Apr 28, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2012
[Raw Version]

Apparently people on the train refuse to accept what Kabaneri are, they consider Mumei and Ikoma kabane. Ayame is trying to hold Kurusu on the leash, but he is useless as ever.

Mumei and Ikoma don't have family members and the neck restriction seems to be a mystery for now. Also, Mumei can sense/smell kabane.

Memorial service for the people who died at the station, Dad included.

More focus at last on the train personnel.

Didn't go as planned:

1) Ikoma's sister's death.
2) A pregnant lady on the train.
3) Ikoma.

zellamiApr 28, 2016 11:38 AM
Apr 28, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2014
old habits die hard

Apr 28, 2016 11:43 AM
Oct 2009
tavenitas said:
old habits die hard

If you really think that's what happening here, I will officially laugh at you.
Apr 28, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
jgomezg said:
tavenitas said:
old habits die hard

If you really think that's what happening here, I will officially laugh at you.

You can't expect proper arguments from someone who jumps to conclusions.
Apr 28, 2016 11:47 AM

Dec 2012
tavenitas said:
old habits die hard

So what?

I can spam shot like this between a good numbers of series. De, so what?
Apr 28, 2016 11:50 AM
Feb 2015
Episode 3 came out and I have to say, I'm still not disappointed. This already has to be the best Witt-Show (And the only good one - but that's not the point).

The soundtrack for this epsiode was really good - especially the dramatic track at the end - and the animation aswell. The close-ups of faces just look so beautiful. Presentation: 10/10, hands-down!

And I really liked the foreigner - I'm not sure, but the voice actor sounds like he's not actually japanese. It added a bit of credibility to the show to implement people of another origin than Japan.

But I think the flashback about his past was a bit too in-your-face. I pretty sure most people already piced one and one together - no need for showing and explaining it in such detail.

The cliffhanger at the end... I'm not quite sure what happend:
Was he so hungry that the Kabane-part of him took control or did the fixture he bolted into his body loosen?

And I have one probleme with this epsiode: How got the mother infected? Ikomas infection spread in like 30 seconds. The last contact the mother could have had with a Kabane was almost a day ago (I assume - at least multiple houres)
DrBlock42Apr 28, 2016 11:53 AM
Apr 28, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2011
Yep, this is better then that trash AOT
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 28, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2014
zellami said:
tavenitas said:
old habits die hard

So what?

Come on man, it just a joke comparison. Because this Series Composition of this anime and Valrave are the same person.

Me and my friends always making fun him that he is M. Night Shyamalan of the anime industry. Also the director, Tetsurou Araki = Zack Snyder
Apr 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2015
Wow what? They need blood in order to survive? Nice twist.

Dat cliffhanger tho!

Great episode

@Ardanaz you know what to do. A lot of people are commenting without having watched the episode
Apr 28, 2016 12:17 PM
Jan 2015
Glad we have some actual draw back in regards to being turned in a Kabaneri, this whole necessity to drink blood will certainly be interesting to see how they work around it.

And Mumei's eyes though, must have been a pretty big hit to hear that the woman was actually pregnant.
Apr 28, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
Heuh I should change this from SnK rip-off to Blade rip-off
Well, at least it's not SnK rip-off anymore (but who knows?)
Apr 28, 2016 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
Revvie-chan said:

Blade is modern not steampunk. Also Blade didn't invent vampires. How about we stop calling it a ripoff stupidly?
Apr 28, 2016 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
All you people have Prime? I cannot see it yet anywhere.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2016 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Revvie-chan said:

Blade is modern not steampunk. Also Blade didn't invent vampires. How about we stop calling it a ripoff stupidly?

yeah yeah change of setting = completely different story.
I get it I get it.
Apr 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
The cliches were everywhere.
Girl beats up the mc
mc acts like a goody good peace maker guy (I honestly hate MC's like these)

only brightside was the twist that they needed blood to survive.
Apr 28, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
zellami said:
tavenitas said:
old habits die hard

So what?

Well, they're both written by Okouchi, so the similarities aren't necessarily a coincidence.
Apr 28, 2016 12:44 PM
Jan 2014
You watched it raw, where exactly?
Apr 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
So Kabaneri are like vampires who can only subsist on blood huh. And the question is, if a human is bitten by a Kabaneri, will they turn into a Kabane? Because if they do, someone needs to stop Ikoma fast.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 28, 2016 12:57 PM

Jul 2015
I'm assuming they'll turn back to normal once they drink some blood. I hope Ikoma and that little girl don't fuck up or that the people don't freak out on them to the point where they have to leave. Pretty awesome ep. That ed song is just perfect
Apr 28, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Swifty said:
Glad we have some actual draw back in regards to being turned in a Kabaneri, this whole necessity to drink blood will certainly be interesting to see how they work around it.

And Mumei's eyes though, must have been a pretty big hit to hear that the woman was actually pregnant.

Yeah...especially after she played with those kids....

well she got her Blood she needed for a food. and Ikoma get's it from Ayame if he is not stopped.

I don't see any way Ikoma stay if he takes that Bite

9 episodes left....this is unfortunately going to be 12 episodes series.
JarjaxleApr 28, 2016 1:48 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 28, 2016 1:51 PM

Apr 2008
So now we know why the narrator sounded so off. Even more so he's a character in the show hahaha
Apr 28, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2012
Guess the blonde dude is supposed to be a European or something.

Wasn't really liking Ayame at first(didn't dislike her either), but I'm starting to like her after this episode. Thought she was more of a sheltered princess but guess she's trying to be a leader now that her father and everyone else is dead.

Apr 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Apr 2008
Olem said:
Guess the blonde dude is supposed to be a European or something.

Wasn't really liking Ayame at first(didn't dislike her either), but I'm starting to like her after this episode. Thought she was more of a sheltered princess but guess she's trying to be a leader now that her father and everyone else is dead.

She was forced by the situation into a position she wasn't ready for. No one should have expected her to do great from the start
Apr 28, 2016 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
Ikoma with the cheesy speech. There really is no redeeming features about him :(

Apr 2014
Ikoma getting wrecked by Mumei on multiple occasions

Kurusu is still fucking annoying

Nov 2012
Mumei never disappoints... she is pretty much the only reason to watch this series and ignore all the nonsense in it...
Apr 28, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2015
Cliffhanger '-'
I wasn't expecting that they need blood to survive
I hope Ikoma is not going to kill her :/
Apr 28, 2016 2:19 PM

Oct 2010
How does one go from being such a badass mofo one episode to a whiny little fuck the next? I find it hard to believe this withering, self-pitying POS is the same character that hysterically declared he would laugh at the survivors from the afterlife.

and then this incoming "i want to protect everyone even though i get treated like shit" sentimentality. うわっ。ゲロが出そう
Apr 28, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
that was amazing!
i knew that pregnant lady was a kabane :x
crazy cliffhanger....
and mumei is so <3
Apr 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2014
I should have expected there to be some drawback to being a Kabaneri (other than ostracisation, obviously), but I can't say I expected them to basically be vampires like they seem to be, what with the need for blood and all. I hope Ikoma biting Ayame doesn't kill her if he goes through with it, especially after she showed herself as more than just a sheltered princess this episode with the way she tried to demonstrate leadership. Actually, I'm starting to really like all the main characters other than Kurusu's continued insistence that the Kabaneri are evil and must die etc.
Apr 28, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2012
Darklight0303 said:

She was forced by the situation into a position she wasn't ready for. No one should have expected her to do great from the start

No, I know, but she was hesitating and getting dragged around by her subordinates decisions in the last episode, so she didn't really give off much a presence compared to other characters. Like I said, didn't really dislike her, but she felt more like side character so far. Guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad it didn't get dragged out and she showed her role as leader early on in the anime.

Welp, hope she doesn't die and instead turns into a half-kabane.

Apr 28, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2010
So we got urge for blood as a trope too? That never ends well ^^;

This ep made me like Ayame quite a lot more. Just the fact she's willing to stab Ikoma without any hesitation like that was impressive. Her face of fear at the end was really sad to see. It's like she felt betrayed after believing in Ikoma.

Then comes Mumei!!! She's so lovable <3
Lol'd so much at how she kept beating the shit out of Ikoma every couple of minutes XD

Then all her childishness with the kids and stuff. Her non chalant I need blood was pretty crazy. I wonder how she gets the blood tho? I don't see her attacking them tbh. And she did make quite the face after hearing about the lady being pregnant so...
Apr 28, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
Anyone know which (free)sites will have the subs soonest??
Apr 28, 2016 2:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Most of the episode was okay, but the ending was really awesome. At least they need blood to survive, not flesh XD

4/5
Apr 28, 2016 2:36 PM
Dec 2012
Thnx4dafood said:

AnimeOnline has them now I think?
Apr 28, 2016 2:44 PM

Sep 2015
Am I the only one who finds Ayame's actions a little idiotic? This is a new kind of monster slash human hybrid with an anatomy completely unknown to them and what does she do? Stab him in the chest and stick the knife in further.

I know she won't get bit but if she did it IS really her fault for doing something so reckless.
Apr 28, 2016 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
Angry_Always said:
Am I the only one who finds Ayame's actions a little idiotic? This is a new kind of monster slash human hybrid with an anatomy completely unknown to them and what does she do? Stab him in the chest and stick the knife in further.

I know she won't get bit but if she did it IS really her fault for doing something so reckless.

To be fair it's also a slip up on Mumei's part. She should have warned Ikoma that he'd need to drink blood.
Apr 28, 2016 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Thnx4dafood said:

gogoanime.io has new eps and subs pretty fast.
Apr 28, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
Ikoma...please no "My purpose in life is to kill all Kabane" line.

Don't do this to me man.

Well this faux pas aside enjoyable episode as always. Nothing mind blowing but also miles away from being bad.
Apr 28, 2016 2:54 PM

Sep 2015
I don't disagree. However when it comes to Mumei, I suppose I'm not really judging her as a regular person. I'm probably biased because I love her character but. It seems to me like that she would have told him but was going to do it in her own time. She doesn't seem like the kind of character who would patiently sit the MC down and explain the intricacies of being a Kabaneri. As evidenced already in the show, the way she thinks is very unique but I believe she doesn't mean badly.

Whilst it's valid to say Mumei could have said something, I still think Ayame, who has so far been displayed as a peaceful but kind and logical person, stabbing the MC on a whim was being far too impulsive.
Apr 28, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2008
Angry_Always said:
I don't disagree. However when it comes to Mumei, I suppose I'm not really judging her as a regular person. I'm probably biased because I love her character but. It seems to me like that she would have told him but was going to do it in her own time. She doesn't seem like the kind of character who would patiently sit the MC down and explain the intricacies of being a Kabaneri. As evidenced already in the show, the way she thinks is very unique but I believe she doesn't mean badly.

Whilst it's valid to say Mumei could have said something, I still think Ayame, who has so far been displayed as a peaceful but kind and logical person, stabbing the MC on a whim was being far too impulsive.

Oh I wasn't hating on her or anything. Simply saying this whole situation is a result of several mistakes and unfortunate circumstances
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode. Not as much action as the other two and felt a bit slow but it was sill enjoyable.

That pregnant woman dying was pretty sad.

So the kabanari need blood a food huh. They're like vampires. I wonder what will happen to ayame.

Mar 2016
The ost playing during Ikoma's backstory was very nice and made all the scene better . Overall a good episode .
Apr 28, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
really like where this show is going. I'm enjoying it so far!
the look in Mumei's eyes at the end was well made I'd say

also
Angry_Always said:
Stab him in the chest and stick the knife in further.
Maybe Ayame thought the quick healing-abilities of the Kabaneri should do the trick (she could've noticed Ikoma's wounds disappearing over night)
Apr 28, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Angry_Always said:

Oh I wasn't hating on her or anything. Simply saying this whole situation is a result of several mistakes and unfortunate circumstances

Oh I didn't think you were hating. You made a good point, and you are right, the situation in the anime is chaotic and tension is high, mistakes will be made and accidents will happen. Well, the OP tells us both MC and Mumei will live past this train journey so we can be safe knowing that :)
Apr 28, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2010
That cliffhanger came, but then the ED theme played which soothed me.

+ Mumei kawaiiness + badassery has no limits
+ Ikoma pulling an Eren, but might actually do something about it instead of looking for basements.
+ Princess has balls and beginning to be a bit more rational.
+ 99% of the train is still paranoid asf, but this is feudal Japan. Their fear overcomes any rational thought, unless you are the MC or support the MC.
- Can the blue samurai guy like take a chill pill?
- Something about gathering all the humans in one place and lighting a bonefire, screams "attack us now, we are defenseless."
- I'm curious of how religious Japan is during the industrial age.
Apr 28, 2016 3:02 PM

Sep 2015
DespoAMV said:
really like where this show is going. I'm enjoying it so far!
the look in Mumei's eyes at the end was well made I'd say

also
Angry_Always said:
Stab him in the chest and stick the knife in further.
Maybe Ayame thought the quick healing-abilities of the Kabaneri should do the trick (she could've noticed Ikoma's wounds disappearing over night)

Yeah, though that DOES make me wonder. If he lost all that blood before, why is it only now, when he loses a bit more, does his hunger activate? Was her stabbing him the thing that pushed him over the edge, do you think?

Also I still retain it was reckless, but I suppose Ayame had her reasons.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.