Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh nice episode, we got more cases of mysterious stuff happening and the mafia involved. I'm glad to see the show being able to capture the thrill of the violence including the gunfire and mafia.

This puts Atsushi into a weird position as he thinks that he's indirectly responsible for all the shit that's going around. Definitely a more serious episode as the show gets darker, lovely. I'm also happy to see Doppo and his friends kicking some mafia ass this episode.

Apr 27, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Main guy in hospital after what happened in last ep. Siblings are safe. The enemy group in action. Main guy saw that, got afraid and quits so they don't get involved when the enemy group came to get him.

Mamo's character again for womanizing. The enemy group still came to attack the group. Wow, they are strong that he didn't need to worry about what he feared for like in first half.

HiroC's character in action next?
tsubasaloverApr 27, 2016 10:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
That settles it. Junichirou are definitely the target for sexual harassment in the series so far. Either by his sister or his work colleague.
More and more "villain" appeared, and Atsushi's late for his showdown. LOL
It's okay though, I'm sure there'll be another chance for Atsushi o fight back.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 27, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2015
I'm so happy that the show is split cour, i would be pissed if it wasn't

Nice episode, Atsushi is a bit annoying but it's getting better ..
Hope we get to see the others characters in true action.
Apr 27, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
I loved this episode up until the raid. Wth? The bad guys looked so cool and op at first and then it all seemed so stupid how the agency defeated them that easily :/
Apr 27, 2016 11:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wish that I too could get treatment from that lady ;)

These Port Mafia guys are ruthless and deadly as fuck and I must say that I was impressed by the Black Lizards but man I didn't expect the rest of the Agency to be THIS powerful lol

Still, I was very happy that the "siblings" made it back alive and that we got more insight into the mafia as well as to get a tease of that cute girl in the OP

Comedy was great for me as usual xD....Great episode overall
Apr 27, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2015
Oh Yosano, heal me pls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm glad they are all safe after the last episode
Great episode
Apr 27, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
For once, I don't like the comedy in this. It's not because it was a darker episode overall, but because they played these villains to be really intimidating only for them to become a quick gag at the end.
Apr 27, 2016 11:21 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was literally a joke. In general, an episode that was weirdly paced. I guess, everyone besides Rashoumon guy is no danger then.
Apr 27, 2016 11:21 AM

Nov 2015
This series is still continuing to be worth my favorites list. Even though I know where it's headed due to reading the manga I'm finding each new episode really fun to watch.

I LOVE the way they match scenes to fade into the ending theme. It never fails to get me emotional in some way or another.
Apr 27, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
Wasn't a fan of the rape scene. Just because its a male victim doesn't make it ok.
Apr 27, 2016 11:24 AM
Dec 2015
Good episode, glad that Bones adapted this perfectly by Chapter to Chapter without rushing.

LOL They're forget that All Members Agency is not "Normal" people especially the Senior Members, can't wait to see them one by one.
Kyouka also will show up!

Next episode maybe will be My Favourite episode in this series, Edogawa Ranpo Screentime!
Can't wait for next week!!
NotThisShitAgainApr 27, 2016 11:38 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 27, 2016 11:29 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode, even if the ending was anticlimactic.
Apr 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
I guess now we and Atsushi will get to know each member of the Agency episode by episode, I'm fine with that.

They built up these Black Lizard guys like the ruthless mafia badasses just to completely destroy them LOL, that was something.

What I really look forward to is when the Agency works together. I want to see their interactions as a group and large scale fights, could be a really funny clique.

I didn't count throughout these 4 episodes but was this like the 5th or 6th orphan scene flashback? I mean the shot with Atsushi is really pretty and such but slowly it looses its impact.
Apr 27, 2016 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
PolisChan said:
Wasn't a fan of the rape scene. Just because its a male victim doesn't make it ok.

Actually it has nothing to do with rape, but the staff probably thought they were being funny. Yosano was taking off her white shirt

I found the pacing to be a bit weird this episode, but hey there's a lot of Kunikida so I won't complain too much.
We'll be seeing more of Ranpo next episode because he's the only one sitting on his arse while the others are fighting.
[Someone please stop Dazai.]
Apr 27, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
PolisChan said:

He didn't get raped, her ability
Apr 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Well, so much for any tension in this episode. Seriously, why set these Black Lizards up as being OP and awesome only for them to be downright incompetent at best? Also, please STOP with the orphanage flashback already. That was three times this episode, and I think at least once in every other episode so far. It just isn't necessary to constantly show it again and again and again ad infinitum.
Apr 27, 2016 11:50 AM
Dec 2015
Fappa said:
I guess now we and Atsushi will get to know each member of the Agency episode by episode, I'm fine with that.

They built up these Black Lizard guys like the ruthless mafia badasses just to completely destroy them LOL, that was something.

What I really look forward to is when the Agency works together. I want to see their interactions as a group and large scale fights, could be a really funny clique.

I didn't count throughout these 4 episodes but was this like the 5th or 6th orphan scene flashback? I mean the shot with Atsushi is really pretty and such but slowly it looses its impact.

It's also Bothering me when watched this anime. It's pretty useless.
NotThisShitAgainApr 27, 2016 11:55 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Nov 2015
Lol this ep got from serious to upright funny.
Nice to see Atsushi taking responsibility for what's not his fault, and naive of him to think "worst case scenario".
Kunikida is the comic relief of the season for me. His every dialogue contains humor.
Nice to see most of the Agency's people in the so called raid.
Apr 27, 2016 12:05 PM

May 2015
That doctor, hot damn. I wouldn't mind her giving me a different kind of treatment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Even though I liked this episode for the most part, it seems like they always have to put out of the place (shitty) comedy during or after serious stuff (like throwing those guys out of the window). It simply doesn't fit. Other than that, it was a solid episode.

Apr 27, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
PolisChan said:
hehe what rape scene? there was no rape.
Apr 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
Really good episode, just the orphanage scene was boring (it's losing its impact like somebody said).
Apr 27, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is totally a rip off of Hamatora

same plot, same characters
Apr 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2016
Lmao that was a very good episode . Yosano please heal me too with your special treatmeant :p
Apr 27, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
I thought it was an okay episode. A bit anticlimactic, but I still enjoyed it.

Plus I never thought I could relate so well to an anime character

Apr 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
- We don't have much things to show in this episode, what do we do to make it 20 minutes long?
- A LOT OF SLOW-PACED EVANGELION-LIKE SCENES!!!
Apr 27, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
The Black Lizards got defeated by the Agency so easily!
Apr 27, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2007
Continues to be one of my highlight shows of the season. Really love all the details and callbacks to the actual real life authors the characters are based upon.

I am a bit disappointed in the use of Hirotsu Ryuro, although his role kind of fits his real life story, as his characters usually were criticized of being stereotypes. He did invent a new genre and was quite a refined man in terms of education, which the show did portray.

Yosano's role on other hand was to be expected as she was one of Japan's first more prominent feminist authors and did quite a lot in her writing that contradicted the japanese idea of perfect woman(which could be described as someone who does not stand out and is extremely passive) and her most famous work involved a lot of elements about women taking more active role in their lives and being more open about their sexuality. Its also completely hilariously fitting since that it is the exact kind of thing that Tanizaki criticized in his work Naomi. Seeing them both in such a scene was hilarious and very fitting in so many ways that viewers not familiar with Japanese culture would never get.

Still waiting for them to bring in elements of Kunikida's life, though. I wonder if we will see more tragic aspects of their lives. Dazai keeps teasing double suicide and we all know how that went in his real life story. I wonder if the show will somehow use it as plotpoint(or maybe for his past?).
Apr 27, 2016 1:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Overall decent episode, though the toe feels much more comedic than the manga for some reason...

3/5
Apr 27, 2016 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
This series has been on big fat disappointment so far. The action scenes this episodes were short and not impressive in the slightest. They also used several animation short-cuts like leaving eye's off the crowd of people and throwing in a bunch of stills.

The comedy aspect is still flat and please enough with the suicide joke it wasn't funny the first time. I'm struggling to understand how it's still rated at 7.70. It's not bad enough to drop but I can't say i'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
Apr 27, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
NotThisShitAgain said:

Now you got me hyped. Glad it's split cour.
Apr 27, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
Sherlupin said:
This anime is totally a rip off of Hamatora

same plot, same characters
This anime is based off of manga which was released in 2012 where Hamatora was airing in 2014 and is not based off of manga. They may be quite similar and i doubt that anyone copied anything, but if it was true then Hamatora would be Bungou Stray Dogs rip off.

Edit: I am sorry, I just found out that Hamatora is based off of manga, but it was released in 2013.
cabbagelsApr 28, 2016 5:21 AM
Apr 27, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
Like others I also noticed the "die in a ditch" flashback being used too many times. Other than that I really enjoyed this episode
Apr 27, 2016 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
ahaha that was quite the troll episode lol
all the "black lizard" "most violent group of port mafia" build up and turns out they're no match for the agency.. :x
NEEDS MORE DAZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS.
lol they did show him once and obviously he wanted to double-suicide with that maid hahahah it was so funny
Apr 27, 2016 1:34 PM

Dec 2015
Lol that was such a troll. All that build up and hype for the Black Lizards only for them to get rekt by the end. The agency really are powerful. From what I'm hearing, really looking forward for what's to come.

Apr 27, 2016 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
omg I'm really loving the comedy, this is so fucking good
Apr 27, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
Awesome episode, I'm already in love with this anime.
Guess I'll just go and read manga, since I'm more of a manga person.
Can't wait for another episode...
Apr 27, 2016 1:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, i'm really not a fan of the MC, so far he ruins for me.
The more i watch this, the more i'm disappointed.
DatRandomDudeApr 27, 2016 2:13 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 27, 2016 2:04 PM
May 2014
Why did the blond woman give orders as she seemed to be a mere assistant last ep ?
They hyped us with good fight scene last ep and then they just don't show anything of how the agency beat 3 gifted port mafia members ? Feels like they just don't want to bother giving any explanation : "agency is better, don't ask."

Poor comedy, that orphanage flashback, the pointless MC, it's a drop for me u_u
Apr 27, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2015
Crashmatt said:
This series has been on big fat disappointment so far. The action scenes this episodes were short and not impressive in the slightest. They also used several animation short-cuts like leaving eye's off the crowd of people and throwing in a bunch of stills.

The comedy aspect is still flat and please enough with the suicide joke it wasn't funny the first time. I'm struggling to understand how it's still rated at 7.70. It's not bad enough to drop but I can't say i'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

This post gives me hope in the world lol. Was starting to think I was missing something seeing as everyone else seems to be enjoying this show a lot. I was so hyped before it started airing but with each episode that passes I think about dropping it more and more. I want to stick it out though because it seems like the story maybe might sorta kinda go in the more action-y direction... idk. This episode I was hoping they would ride the setup of how 3 ended but I guess I was wrong...
Apr 27, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
I'm quite saddened by the fact that Naomi is still alive, since as I've mentioned before, she's annoying as fuck. But I already predicted in last week's thread that it was either going to be a scenario where both she and Junichiro die, or neither of them die. And I doubt they would kill off one of the main characters and his sister so quickly............

I was a bit disappointed by this episode in terms of how much wasted potential there was with the Port Mafia. They were being hyped up as badasses and then they were handled easily, like rag dolls. I was hoping to see some serious conflict, rather than anticlimactic comic relief. And like others have said, the orphanage scene needs to stop. We get it, he was an outcast and was loved by no one......

Looks like we'll focus on Ranpo Edogawa next episode. Hopefully this doesn't trigger terrible memories of Ranpo Kitan from a few seasons ago......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 27, 2016 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
I swear I thought Kunikida was a somewhat serious character until this episode. I know Dazai drives him crazy but I wasnt't expecting him to break under the "worst case scenario" possibility like that. Plus the glasses.
Apr 27, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
PolisChan said:

damn if its saving my life im fine with getting raped by a girl like this any day of the week
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 27, 2016 3:09 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. It was cool to see some darker elements get involved in the show. Some of the comedy was well placed (like Kunida-kun trying to keep a cool air, despite him not even reading his book) yet the anticlimactic ending was a little awkward, but not so much that it caused a huge problem. It did take away some of the gravity of the mafia though. This form of pacing could become a problem though but I'll let the series establish itself as a comedy/troll type or something serious.

One thing that did bother me was Ichiyou and this whole raid. It felt like it was implied that the agency had experienced raids many times before, yet neither the specials ops nor Ichiyou seemed clued in on that information. It's possible that Ichiyou is just new to the scene, but the special ops seem like old timers. The agency has such little reputation yet supposedly they boast of experience. I guess it's also possible that the mafia could be fairly new, yet Dazai used to be a part of them and is now with the agency, so I assume that they have been around for quite some time. Maybe they will clear this up.

4/5
1290349450394aApr 27, 2016 3:20 PM
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 27, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
This episode totally got me, near the end i was about to come here and write some thing like " You wanted a dark anime, you got one" or something, but then the lizard guys got their asses kicked and i was like ... O_O what!?!
At last some real comedy :) 5/5
Apr 27, 2016 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
I gave the show a chance, but it's just not worth the time. It's not serious and it's not funny either. It's just meh.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Apr 27, 2016 3:41 PM

Jun 2014
I laughed my ass off at Dazai wanting to double suicide with the maid because I just finished No Longer Human the other day, pretty accurate portrayal of his real life person.
Apr 27, 2016 3:54 PM

Jul 2014
If I was 5 years old I'd probably think these characters are cool rather than painfully idiotic. Man it's hard watching this garbage.
Apr 27, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
Black Lizard gets quickly dealt with after an attack on the Agency's headquarters, and Atsushi looks back at his past in the orphanage. Felt a little lost in transitions, but it was an alright episode.
Apr 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
Good to know that Tanizaki & Naomi are alive. Yosano really likes to heal people.
The Black Lizards sure are intimidating. Lol showing up at the Agency ready to kill everyone & they get defeated way to easily.
Kunikida more concerned with the repair bills.
One way to get rid of your enemies after beating them. Throw them out the window.
Next week a murder case.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2016

368 by Devonnius »»
Apr 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2016

159 by yahn0928 »»
Apr 2, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2016

144 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Apr 1, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2016

153 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2016

191 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 30, 1:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.