-Guilty Crown
-Tokyo Ghoul
-Overlord
-Charlotte
-Mahouka

I have way more, just wrote a few.

Aug 9, 2018 8:50 AM

Jare4lopez said:
Don't know but I feel Steven Universe is a bit overrated as there are way better shows such as Gumball and Gravity Falls

I vehemently disagree :>

I mean Gravity Falls was charming and all, but SU is still in another league imo.

Gentlemen will walk but never run.

Aug 9, 2018 8:53 AM

Steins;Gate, Clannad After Story. I don't get why do people love them so much, both are too flawed. Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop should have their scores.

Aug 9, 2018 8:53 AM

Depends if we're talking about the West or the East.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Aug 9, 2018 8:57 AM

anniechrist said:
I really don't see the appeal in Stiens;Gate and I doubt I ever will, it was b o r i n g. Same goes for FLCL, I'm not a fan of the nOthINg maKEs SEnse CausE FUck YOU thing.
Steins Gate does make sense though.

Aug 9, 2018 8:59 AM

nothing because everybody has different tastes and opinion and you not liking a popular animes doesn't mean it's overrated unlike lots of idiots seem to think

Aug 9, 2018 8:59 AM
1 SAO
2 Darling in The Franxx
3 Mirai Nikki
4 Naruto

Aug 9, 2018 9:06 AM

Darling in the Franxx

Didn't really appeal to me

Aug 9, 2018 9:09 AM

1. Nisekoi
2. Log Horizon
3. SAO
4. Tatami Galaxy
5. Monster
6. Mahouka

Aug 9, 2018 9:09 AM

Not really into the whole overrated/underrated debate,but I will say I couldn't really get into Gintama.

I tried watching twice. First time only got the episode 6.Second I was done at 55.

Aug 9, 2018 9:10 AM

That really annoying one about the deaf girl, the most boring thing I've ever watched

I mean it had potential but it just turned out to be a typical anti-bullying feel good film where everybody's friends at the end. Disappointed.

Aug 9, 2018 9:11 AM

I don't know why, but I really don't see why Death Note is so popular. For me there weren't any likeable characters, mc is a guy that would kill anyone to save his own ass, which is the most thing i hate in a mc and the story wasn't anything special. Of course this is my opinion tho. There really isn't a thing called overrated anime. Even if the majority like/dislike a certain anime, there will always be some people dislike/like that anime.

Aug 9, 2018 9:21 AM

I don't really like the word "overrated" but Cowboy Bebop was nothing like anybody told me. Was really disappointed with it.

ZeSpeed said:
Darling in the Franxx

Didn't really appeal to me

Almost everyone hates Darling in the franXX at this point. The hype was gone a long time ago.
Modified by Aymen_Maf, Aug 9, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 9, 2018 9:33 AM
I think Fairy Tail and Darling in the FranXXX are overrated.

Fairy Tail has the same type of story around the whole anime. FT members can defeat anyone with their power of feelings :D

Darling in the FranXXX has the worst story. It was all about having s** or not.

Aug 9, 2018 9:41 AM

Well this is going to piss off pretty much everyone but

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. forced myself to watch it as it was so popular and everyone said it's a masterpiece. i found myself not caring who won or who died. if father or w.e the old guy is called won i would have been ok with it. it got so bad that the only thing i cared about was if winry and ed ends up together. FMA is not a romance anime (well in the same way i wouldn't classify my hero academia a romance anime) but that ended being the only thing i thought slightly interesting.

the anime itself is decent. as an anime, it has good sound, good animation etc
but i think it was so overhyped to me (although i didn't see what's special) that when i eventually watched it years later, i was like erm this really isnt special and got let down.

Aug 9, 2018 9:44 AM

-Baccano
-ef A tale of melodies/memories
-Mirai nikki
-SAO

Aug 9, 2018 9:48 AM

Sword Art Online and Fairy Tail are awful ( in my eyes and it's quite personal ) yet many people love them.
Infinite Stratos is also surprisingly praised for its "best girls" which is bollocks because they're all trash.

Aug 9, 2018 9:48 AM

obviously fmab

i wouldn't mind if evangelion was on the top rather than this overrated shounen

Aug 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Pullman said:
Jare4lopez said:
Don't know but I feel Steven Universe is a bit overrated as there are way better shows such as Gumball and Gravity Falls

I vehemently disagree :>

I mean Gravity Falls was charming and all, but SU is still in another league imo.

Well , it's your opinion man. I must admit I've only watched the first season tho.

Aug 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Fmab
Gintama
Code geass
Steins Gate 0
Seven deadly sins
Kill ka kill
Toradora
Modified by xShinigami3125, Aug 9, 2018 9:56 AM
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Aug 9, 2018 9:52 AM
A lot is gonna hate me for this but.. Seven Deadly Sins is overrated.

Aug 9, 2018 9:52 AM

xShinigami3125 said:
Fmab
Gintama
Code geass
Steins Gate 0

damn i totally agree. i've tried to watch or forced myself to watch all of the those and like i don't see whats special

Aug 9, 2018 9:56 AM
My hero academia. That is all

Come at me XD

Aug 9, 2018 10:03 AM
Re:zero i dont see the appeal couldn't get past the first episode .
Naruto
Bleach
There is no such thing as truth in this world. That is our reality. Anyone can become a God or a Devil. All it takes is for someone to claim that to be the truth.

Aug 9, 2018 10:05 AM

every good and popular animes are overrated. End of story

I am looking at the stars.
      They are so far away, and their light takes so long to reach us.
      All we ever see of stars are their old photographs.

Aug 9, 2018 10:06 AM

A day after forums are back, and this is the type of threads I see again. Nice.

Aug 9, 2018 10:11 AM
Most people confuse overrating with overpopularity, for example the poor SAO is a victim of this problem.
Nor is there overrating, only people who do not know how to qualify fairly, like me.
sǝuılǝpınƃ ɯnɹoɟ & ǝʇıs ǝɥʇ uı pǝuıɟǝp sɐ ,sǝlnɹ ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ǝɥʇ ʍolloɟ ǝsɐǝld˙pǝʌoɯǝɹ ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs

Aug 9, 2018 11:32 AM
-Code Geass
-Boku no Hero Aca. is nice but overrated by anime community
-High School Dxd
-Himouto! Umaru-chan
-Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
-No Game No Life
-Overlord
-Poputepipikku
-Sakamoto desu ga?
-Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu is nice but overrated
-Tokyo Ghoul
-Sword Art Online
-Hetalia Axis Powers
-Masou Gakuen HxH
-Mirai Nikki
-Great Teacher Onizuka
-Fairy Tail
-D.Gray-man
-Steins;Gate 0
-Shingeki no Kyojin
-Nanatsu no Taizai
-Lucky☆Star
-Ajin
That's all
Modified by Ali_Fuat, Aug 9, 2018 11:37 AM

Aug 9, 2018 11:33 AM

mmmm…..

I could choose the easy route and pick SAO, but I pick Angel Beats.

I can at least understand why people like it with its hard breaking story, but the style is just ugly to me and I don't see anyone mentioning it. So much fucking grey and the tone doesn't match the style. It puts me off, it looks boring and it makes the anime boring. Kinda have the same problem with Steins Gate, but I'm only two episodes in and I don't care to watch more at this moment.

Aug 9, 2018 11:42 AM

Elfen lied, people act like it has some amazing plot when in reality it falls flat on its face.

Aug 9, 2018 11:57 AM
Asobi Asobase (not funny)
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro (not funny)
Planet With (worst action anime in this season)
Angel Beats (it is not that good, and worse than Charlotte)
Kimi no Na wa. (insanely overrated, I have seen way better movies)

Attack on titan, SAO, code geass, death note, Re:Zero etc are not underrated at all. They deserve the popularity and score they got because I have seen many anime, and not many of them are as entertaining as those.

Aug 9, 2018 11:58 AM
Attack on Titan and Darling in the Franxx

Aug 9, 2018 12:09 PM
You can think whatever you want about SAO, but you can't say it's overrated at this point. It's the punching bag of the anime community, 9 out of 10 comments about it are negative (and that's being kind).
But answering the topic, I'll pick Code Geass for many of it's idiotic plot twists.
Made in Abyss, because it's like most of the praise it gets are from people fascinated by the lore and nothing else. The only episode that deserved so much praise imo was the last one.
My Hero Academia cause it's just green Naruto with overhyped moments and that didn't ruin it's plot yet. Not that there's a lot of story to ruin in the first place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 9, 2018 12:14 PM

Fullmetall Alchemist: Brotherhood. It is a great anime, but it doesn’t deserve number 1 in MAL. For me, the real number 1 is Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Your Lie in April is also very overrated. It is predictable and boring romance drama, that not as good as Clannad: After Story, Ahohana, Angel Beats and Toradora, imho
A little bit overrated is Death Note, but MAL rating is correct.
Finally, the most overrated anime is One Punch Man. I haven’t found something special in this superhero comedy. It is funny, but that’s it. This anime doesn’t have a good plot, interesting and well developed characters, good worldbuilding and deep philosophical meaning. So because of that OPM doesn’t deserve so high ratings, imho.

Aug 9, 2018 12:19 PM

Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Kino's Journey are two major offenders.

Aug 9, 2018 12:25 PM

Fate/Zero. Saber is so boring like most of the characters in this show. Battle royale btw.

Aug 9, 2018 12:29 PM

Um nothing, since overrated is a dumb buzzword.

Aug 9, 2018 12:36 PM
"Overrated" is really depend on personal perspectives. I hate it, it has high score, it is overrated. I love it, why it has so low score, freaking underrated. For me it is SAO, the one and only show i truly hate :)

Aug 9, 2018 12:43 PM

Many, many shows. For example:

Violet Evergarden.

Darling in the FranXX.

Grand Blue.

Dragon Ball.

Some overrated anime annoy me, others not. When I like an overrated anime, sometimes, I call them popular rather than overrated (for example Boku no Hero Academia). Anyway, overrated is not a bad word (or 'Elitist' or 'hater' word like many complain). Feel free to use that.

Modified by Nurguburu, Aug 9, 2018 12:57 PM
Life has no meaning.

Aug 9, 2018 12:47 PM

Kill la Kill, Haruhi and Oregairu are pretty much the ones that, as always, immediately come to mind.

The latter two especially, I kind of the think KLK falls victim to some rather silly defenses and some superficial praise in regards to how it handles sexualization specifically but it isn't exactly baffling why people like it the more I think about it. Bombastic, distinct designs and some cool action, a bunch of weird little tidbits people can extract from it to believe there's a deeper meaning to it that allows it to be interpreted in all kinds of weird and off the wall ways with what it communicates to its audience - KLK interpretations feel like they should be a meme to me sometimes, honestly, considering the low quality and reachiness of so many I've seen, ranging from a feminist outcry to calling for a communist revolution in Japan to being critical of western values and ideals taking place in Japanese society to something something fascism 'cause they mentioned it a couple of times blah blah blah - but the latter two just seem downright objectionable to me. Someone explained the appeal of Haruhi to me once and I actually legit thought it was a pretty comprehensible reason, but I also kind of had this lurking feeling that it wasn't really a prominent approach or way of appreciating the series because it also seemed like it'd be relatively out there and a kind-of-sort-of abstract way of looking at the series, which I'm just honestly not convinced most people would be doing. OreGairu is just...ech. Totally ech.
Modified by Manaban, Aug 9, 2018 12:54 PM

Aug 9, 2018 12:55 PM

sakuraicy said:
-Baccano
-Mirai nikki
-SAO
sakuraicy said:
-Baccano
-Mirai nikki
-SAO

I don’t see how people overrate ef when I never hear anyone talking about it

Aug 9, 2018 3:16 PM

Violet evergarden. The art and animation is indeed very beautiful, but the anime itself was boring for me.

Aug 9, 2018 4:35 PM

DemBananasFTW said:
sakuraicy said:
-Baccano
-Mirai nikki
-SAO
sakuraicy said:
-Baccano
-Mirai nikki
-SAO

Yes, i don't see anyone talking about it, but when people do see it, they tend to overrate. Maybe the serie is actually good but it's not my cup of tea so i thought that people overrated it. Overall it's just an opinion of mine.

Aug 9, 2018 4:52 PM

sakuraicy said:
DemBananasFTW said:

Yes, i don't see anyone talking about it, but when people do see it, they tend to overrate. Maybe the serie is actually good but it's not my cup of tea so i thought that people overrated it. Overall it's just an opinion of mine.

Yeah I can see how some people wouldn’t like it. It can be confusing at times and I feel like it sometimes tries to be artistic and edgy for the sake of being artistic and edgy.

Aug 9, 2018 5:04 PM

SAO definitely,that shit should've been scored wayyy lower
SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE IF YOU HAVENT

Aug 9, 2018 5:09 PM

AKIRA
Cowboy Bebop
Shingeki no Kyojin
Devilman Crybaby (And i gave it a seven)
and possibly Fate/Zero
Lusophones of the world, hear my podcast:
http://podanimecast.com.br

Aug 9, 2018 5:17 PM

Jare4lopez said:

I really like The Amazing World of Gumball. I wake up early before work, and I am always annoyed to see SU come on after the desperate, post-KotH shitshow that is Adult Swim trying to get The Cleveland Show revived... I am too tired/don't pay enough attention in the mornings to know which days SU vs Gumball fall on, but I always have to settle for gross Married... With Children re-runs on SU days, because The Golden Girls comes on only when I leave for work most days, and I am usually not in the mood for I Love Lucy so early in the morning.

Golden Girls is my favorite animu.
Modified by casual_filth, Aug 9, 2018 5:21 PM

Aug 9, 2018 6:17 PM
hi

casual_filth said:
Jare4lopez said:

I really like The Amazing World of Gumball. I wake up early before work, and I am always annoyed to see SU come on after the desperate, post-KotH shitshow that is Adult Swim trying to get The Cleveland Show revived... I am too tired/don't pay enough attention in the mornings to know which days SU vs Gumball fall on, but I always have to settle for gross Married... With Children re-runs on SU days, because The Golden Girls comes on only when I leave for work most days, and I am usually not in the mood for I Love Lucy so early in the morning.

Golden Girls is my favorite animu.

smh.

Golden Girls is overrated, The Cosby Show is much better anime.

If I were God, I would add chocolate popsicles to the school cafeteria’s menu

Aug 9, 2018 6:18 PM

Every anime is overrated, everybody wins.

Pages (54) « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »