Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
A pretty lighthearted episode, not too many major things happened. Other than the introduction of some new characters, it was mostly Subaru getting used to his new life. I guess he was killed in his sleep since he ended up having to restart, and that really sucks since things looked like they were really going his way.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Sep 2010
Finally the series slow down for a moment and let us catch a break, from all insanity that we went through before.

... only, at the very end, the series makes you choke.

I knew that the reset was coming as it's the point of the series and the fact that now reset rules changed is quite intruding as well.

... Still this really hurts. We watched the whole episode. Had a lot of character development, mostly for Subaru and Emilia... their interaction at the end of the episode was great what's more they even agreed at LOW LEVEL DATE.

But then suddenly, all that development was crushed... damn poor Subaru. This still wasn't push out yet but now Subaru will have to go through the world knowing those people when they don't know him... the more time this repeats the more pitiful for Subaru it will be.

Ah reset/time travel storylines always have this aspect and this aspect is really crushing on the sould of MC and the viewers as well.

Well, the calming breathing episode was really well placed as if we were to jump into another drama right away it would be too much to take on. n the other hand we calm down, everything was going well but then... hello surprise.

As for that reset.

There are basically two things that could have happen.

A) Subaru was assassinated during sleep and the time rested to the NEW save point.

B) The rules for resetting have changed. And now it isn't the act of dying that is trigger for the reset and Subaru will have to find out what was the trigger and how to get pass this day.

C) The rules have not changed but rather from the get go the rule for Subaru's reset were... if you don't complete the QUEST on this day then you get a reset. It doesn't matter whatever he dies or not. Earlier on the act of dying would simply be a failure but in first Arc the one thing to wonder is... what would happen if Subaru ditch Emilia and the whole brooch business and did not get involved in it. Naturally his chances of surviving through the day would increase greatly... my guess is that if he didn't complete the BROOCH QUEST, then the day would reset regardless.

I am assuming this based on the fact that if Subaru was indeed assassinated during the sleep then the process of finding the trigger would be much easier... the only trigger would be... Subaru has to not die. On the other hand when Subaru has no idea what the QUEST is like this time (the whole episode was peaceful wasn't it) then the process of finding that trigger will be interesting.

Now I can't wait for the people in the villa to suspect him as he will know too much.

Lastly... I have been slightly spoiler but it's about time to go DARK right?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... give me some despair.
Apr 24, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2008
So... how many loops will this "arc" have?
Apr 24, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
So far I like everything about this series, but Subaru....
Apr 24, 2016 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Phew at least he hit a checkpoint and doesnt have to start from the market all over again.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Apr 24, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
I was a little disappointed that Emilia still didn't asked how subaru knows Puck. That's a major let down for me so far.
The episode itself was fine. Tbh I would give this anime 10/10 if it had ended on 3rd episode. This episode wasn't that great.

Edit: After remembering the end again. It seems to me that he was killed again which means another cliffhanger. ;)
YatoGodApr 24, 2016 12:20 PM
Apr 24, 2016 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
ColdBreeze said:
Barion-Zara said:
All the interactions throughout the whole week were erased OTL
That will kill you in the future. Believe me, it's hard to watch and you will feel for Subaru.

Yeah I can already imagine that. I've heard and seen quite a few spoilers but it still hits when u see it animated ESP WITH THAT F***N EPIC ED
Apr 24, 2016 12:22 PM
Aug 2015
WHAT THE HELLLLLL IS HAPPENIIING!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

Apr 24, 2016 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
Wait what? Another reset? Why? I am confused.

I like the twins. At first I thought they will be identical characters but it seems they have a lot of individuality (including ahem... their bosoms). For now, I found the older sister, Ram, more interesting even though I didn't like her sitting on Roswaal's lap. I don't like Roswaal. Didn't get to see much of Rem since it was the older one who guided Subaru around.

Not as much as impact as the precious episodes but I still enjoyed the ending.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 24, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2015
I love this cast. Together with Subaru's personality it creates a lighthearted atmosphere, that is crushed in the end, thus conveying the despair to the viewer. And it's time to get dark and interesting.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 24, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2016
Okay, I was about to lamblast this episode for being completely dull and useless. His adventure starts and... He became a servant. Thought that the original writer was a little too in love with that idea of a wealthy person's mansion life. That was a good twist at the end though.

So his ability doesn't necessarily only trigger at death and it's involuntary. That's good. Too bad he has to do that mansion stuff again. Even worse, we have to watch it again..
Apr 24, 2016 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
Watching this show just makes me nervous to be honest . I cant fully describe why.
Apr 24, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
OOOh I'm glad it didn't end up being a simple happy episode xD
Apr 24, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2011
Should have let Emilia heal him. Died by infection.
Apr 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2013
So, he died in his sleep? I think the continues time resets of Subaru would be frustrating.

I liked the new characters introduced, from the loli, to the twins (reminded me of Kohaku and Hisui) to Roswaal (Based Koyasu strikes again).

Let's see how Subaru will deal with them the next week... again.
Apr 24, 2016 12:34 PM
Jan 2015
So is this show going to be 24 episodes?
The music in this show is great :) it really made the cliffhanger a lot more dynamic.
Maybe he was killed in his sleep? I wish his Return by Death was daily, so like when he woke up after dying he would go back to when he woke up that morning :(
Apr 24, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2009
Beautiful episode, the new characters are perfect ^^

The question is: who killed him this time? O_O
Apr 24, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2014
FragOutFire said:
So his ability doesn't necessarily only trigger at death and it's involuntary. That's good. Too bad he has to do that mansion stuff again. Even worse, we have to watch it again..

No it only gets triggered at death.
Apr 24, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
Love the interactions between Subaru and Emilia. That clown dude is suspicious af. Loving this anime a lot!
Apr 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2015
As expected from the episode 4 preview discussion thread that they will end with Subaru waking up cliffhanger.

Rem's Inase Minori voice is perfect. I can't wait to see her in episode 6.

Hearing Subaru calling Rem-chan... lol. Rem~

I think the manga did a better job on that ending scene. (See ending of chapter 4 dainishou (arc 2) for reference)

Apr 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:

I like the twins. At first I thought they will be identical characters but it seems they have a lot of individuality (including ahem... their bosoms). For now, I found the older sister, Ram, more interesting even though I didn't like her sitting on Roswaal's lap. I don't like Roswaal. Didn't get to see much of Rem since it was the older one who guided Subaru around.

Without spoiling what's happening, isn't it pretty obvious why he got reset? Lol. He only ever resets when he
Apr 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
eso18 said:
As for that reset.

There are basically two things that could have happen.

A) Subaru was assassinated during sleep and the time rested to the NEW save point.

B) The rules for resetting have changed. And now it isn't the act of dying that is trigger for the reset and Subaru will have to find out what was the trigger and how to get pass this day.

C) The rules have not changed but rather from the get go the rule for Subaru's reset were... if you don't complete the QUEST on this day then you get a reset. It doesn't matter whatever he dies or not. Earlier on the act of dying would simply be a failure but in first Arc the one thing to wonder is... what would happen if Subaru ditch Emilia and the whole brooch business and did not get involved in it. Naturally his chances of surviving through the day would increase greatly... my guess is that if he didn't complete the BROOCH QUEST, then the day would reset regardless.

I am assuming this based on the fact that if Subaru was indeed assassinated during the sleep then the process of finding the trigger would be much easier... the only trigger would be... Subaru has to not die. On the other hand when Subaru has no idea what the QUEST is like this time (the whole episode was peaceful wasn't it) then the process of finding that trigger will be interesting.

At first I thought that there could be only one cause of the reset. But in fact we do know nothing about his powers, so it might be triggered not only by his death. However, the probability that someone killed him remains high.

It seems that in the next episode or two he (and we, the viewers) will learn more about his powers. Like, how he gained those powers, what triggers save point to change or whenever there are or not some timed quests for him to complete.
mozgowApr 24, 2016 12:52 PM
Apr 24, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2016
i guess it would be dumb if the author triggered his ability arbitrarily. or it would be super hard-mode, for the writing and the MC

maybe he left a fan on while he slept and died that way
Apr 24, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
Did he die in a sleep? Or does he return every 3 days?

Apr 24, 2016 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Melcookie96 said:
Watching this show just makes me nervous to be honest . I cant fully describe why.
You are afraid to be letdown

Apr 24, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
that was really amazing!
gotta say, i like subaru a lot <333 i just love his personality
lol at him finding the correct doors of beatrice xDD
dat cliffhanger... i seriously did not see that coming ._.
how could he have died?!
CAN'T WAIT FOR EP5
Apr 24, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
No!!!! After all those in a week gonna be repeated.
Good to see all of the lolis.
Subaru got his finger cut is kind of gore, I felt.
This series never let me sit in peace.
Apr 24, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
Am I the only one thinking that the culprit is Beatrice? that he actually died TWICE in this episode?
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Apr 24, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2008
The end is really confused !
Apr 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah the finger-cutting made me cringe.

From that last conversation between kefka and the maid, it sounded like they wanted our MC and Emilia to not form a relationship ("they're young, nothing'll happen")

which is kind of the opposite of what you'd expect i'd think

kidlat020 said:
that he actually died TWICE in this episode?

?!?!?!
Apr 24, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2011
kidlat020 said:
Am I the only one thinking that the culprit is Beatrice? that he actually died TWICE in this episode?

He didn't die twice ... He just got knocked out by Beatrice.

For 3 reasons:
- The twins were not here on the first wake up.
- Beatrice had no reason to kill Subaru.
- If Beatrice was that eager to kill Subaru, she had multiples time to do so over 5 days.
pterozApr 24, 2016 1:05 PM
Apr 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Apr 2015
^ or that's what this episode wants you to believe.

Apr 24, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
kidlat020 said:
^ or that's what this episode wants you to believe.

That doesn't make sense because Roswaal mentioned it in the episode that it had been 5 days since Subaru came to the mansion.

Not to mention
Apr 24, 2016 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:

he was killed as that is the only way he would be able to reset
Apr 24, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2015
pteroz said:

really, this is what makes it the strangest.

I have to assume that the save point is when he wakes up WITH the maids beside him since that's the cliffhanger. So what's the deal between the first wake up (no maids) and his second wake up (with the maids)?

- If Beatrice was that eager to kill Subaru, she had multiples time to do so over 5 days.

the same can be said to anyone really.

Apr 24, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2011
_Yato_God said:
I was a little disappointed that Emilia still didn't asked how subaru knows Puck. That's a major let down for me so far.

Agreed. I was waiting for that but didn't happen. :V

Anyway, so probably or most likely he was killed while sleeping. Poor him.

Apr 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
I hope everyone has learned: "Save early, save often."
Apr 24, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
Daimao-san said:
The episode was ok of course the animation was very good like always but i feel that the episode was really rushed

Well it really wasn't. The've done everything right with the pacing. It's just that the story itself a sped up a bit because all he did those 4 days was learning all the work at the mansion except the few scenes we saw.

It is a lot rushed but i can understand it. If I am a anime only I won't feel rushed so good job White FOX
Apr 24, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
I have my doubts that Roswal did it. he only had doubts about Subaru being a spy but that's completely unfounded.

It's Ram.

Apr 24, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2008
So when he sleeps he earns a Save point?
Apr 24, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
Great, Roswaal had him killed I bet. What a terrible ending for Subaru.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Apr 24, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2015
Ohh they did actually omitted important scenes. This is the manga adaptation of chapter 3 dainishou, which is happening when they were peeling potatoes. Note that this episode ends on chapter 4.

This scene also happened in the novel on chapter 2 of the second novel. Which is right after the peeling potatoes illustration, where Ram is making a serious face about Rem staring at Barusu. Note that this episode ends on chapter 2 of the second novel, so that scene should happen before he time leap.

They removed the whole scene where Rem should be coming to also tidy up Subaru's hair.

Apr 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
Boring episode, for the most part. The MC's hyper attitude is really irritating to me, but everyone else is pretty cool.

I was not expecting that ending, though. I guess that little loli's last attack caused him to bleed internally, and he died in his sleep... just kidding. Probably the owner of that mansion did it. I got a really bad feeling when he was talking to those maids in private about him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
kidlat020 said:
pteroz said:

I have to assume that the save point is when he wakes up WITH the maids beside him since that's the cliffhanger. So what's the deal between the first wake up (no maids) and his second wake up (with the maids)?

That is why I'm saying Beatrice is not the culprit, she only stunned him the first time, didn't kill him.
Apr 24, 2016 1:36 PM

May 2012
Tomimi said:
So when he sleeps he earns a Save point?
Fallout 4 survival mode.. so yeah LoL

Apr 24, 2016 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
pteroz said:
kidlat020 said:

That is why I'm saying Beatrice is not the culprit, she only stunned him the first time, didn't kill him.

yeah you're right. Our killer is Ram. Not that there are many characters to begin with.

my problem is how can I get a confession out of her.

Apr 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
ExTamplier said:
Melcookie96 said:
You are afraid to be letdown

I didn't realize it at first. But yeah I think you're right. o_o
Apr 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
Nice episode, but that ending...

I guess he needs to do some kind of major choice before he is allowed to go on with his life - for example find out that they think that he is spy or so.
Apr 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Man the constant rewinds and cliffhangers make waiting for this weekly such a pain :(
I just hope there isn't an arc that is as frustrating as endless 8!
Apr 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2015
Another great episode, White Fox is delivering their A-game with this series.

Emilia is just too cute for this series.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

510 by XionnaMing »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

816 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

719 by AnimatedAddict »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.