Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2016 1:52 PM
Dec 2015
A relaxing episode & pretty calm atmosphere.
The Mansion was so big & it looks like a labyrinth LOL

Rem & Ram, this twins was quite interesting & Beatrice was funny too.

Based Takehito Koyasu, he voicing Roswall so great, this man look like a Joker, maybe he's a Smart Mastermind haha

Dat Cliffhanger at the end!! yeah Time to reset again..who kill him now??

That Emilia & Subaru moment haha Emilia was quite beautiful with that Dress (although still far from Best Girl in this series)
Can't wait for next episode!

4/5
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Apr 24, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2015
Well damn... the cliffhanger end.

Also

DarklordVor said:
Ohh they did actually omitted important scenes. This is the manga adaptation of chapter 3 dainishou, which is happening when they were peeling potatoes. Note that this episode ends on chapter 4.

This scene also happened in the novel on chapter 2 of the second novel. Which is right after the peeling potatoes illustration, where Ram is making a serious face about Rem staring at Barusu. Note that this episode ends on chapter 2 of the second novel, so that scene should happen before he time leap.

They removed the whole scene where Rem should be coming to also tidy up Subaru's hair.

Wha? Why would they remove that? Is it too obvious????? Also is it really on the novel? Because I heard they were doing a 1:1 with the novel so far.
Apr 24, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
Holy fucking shit all his efforts to get closer to Emilia were gone. Lesson learnt. Never take events too seriously until a save point is reached.

How the hell did he die anyway?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Apr 24, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
DarklordVor said:
Ohh they did actually omitted important scenes. This is the manga adaptation of chapter 3 dainishou, which is happening when they were peeling potatoes. Note that this episode ends on chapter 4.

This scene also happened in the novel on chapter 2 of the second novel. Which is right after the peeling potatoes illustration, where Ram is making a serious face about Rem staring at Barusu. Note that this episode ends on chapter 2 of the second novel, so that scene should happen before he time leap.

They removed the whole scene where Rem should be coming to also tidy up Subaru's hair.

I also wondered where the scene was. I read the manga while watching the anime (for the comparison) and I thought in advance that they wanted to cut a scene out to present the cliffhanger at the end. The episode itself was pretty rushed. But I hope they don't cut out too much in the future episodes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 24, 2016 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
The Maids remind me of the Tsukhime Maids for some Reason....
Apr 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
So I guess any wound will cause a time reset?-- seems kinda lame
unless someone killed him in his sleep-- unlikely
Apr 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

Wha? Why would they remove that? Is it too obvious????? Also is it really on the novel? Because I heard they were doing a 1:1 with the novel so far.

Well it did actually happen, this is from a Chinese novel translation (I can't find the Japanese raw).

This happens exactly after the peeling potatoes illustration, so when you google translate that. You can get a gist of what's happening.

Like I said in episode 4 PV discussion, they're gonna chop up a bit Ram/Rem development, to make room for main girl Emilia x_x

P.S. this happens on mid chapter 2 of novel 2. While the anime ends on chapter 2 of novel 2. So this actually not a spoiler, but a deleted scene.

Apr 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2015
Sometimes791 said:
DarklordVor said:

I also wondered where the scene was. I read the manga while watching the anime (for the comparison) and I thought in advance that they wanted to cut a scene out to present the cliffhanger at the end. The episode itself was pretty rushed. But I hope they don't cut out too much in the future episodes.

Yeah too bad they rushed that scene. It could actually interest people on Ram/Rem's relationship and asked themselves what happened between those two. I mean it was also in the novel! Come on... at least make it a flashback or rearange it to the next episode

Apr 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

The only thing I can think of is that they want to make the solution of who killed him as unpredictable as possible. The scene you mention would heavily lead the suspicion towards this character. In the end they only cut out hints for something that happens later. As long as this affects the surprise moment in a positive way I'm fine with it.
Apr 24, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
BlackPunisher76 said:
Damn, all that experience is gone again, must be horrifying.

This anime doesn't seem to need ED visuals lmao, with that good of a theme to perfectly timed and fit into the last minutes of the show. Can't wait for next week.

He must have died out of excitement for his date with Emilia-tan, like literally.
lol,sounds legit :D
Apr 24, 2016 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the episode quite a bit !
So he triggered another revival, huh?
I'm pretty sure that he was killed because I can't imagine there being another possible trigger for revival. Although like some people mentioned it could be possivle that he has to complete a certain "quest" or sth.
I'm slowly believing that this is actually a game he's been sucked into.

I really hope there is actually a reason that he's suddenly in this fantasy world otherwise it'd be a letdown for me personally.

Apr 24, 2016 2:06 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

The only thing I can think of is that they want to make the solution of who killed him as unpredictable as possible. The scene you mention would heavily lead the suspicion towards this character. In the end they only cut out hints for something that happens later. As long as this affects the surprise moment in a positive way I'm fine with it.

Well that could be one way to see it. But I think not removing that scenes actually would throw you off because there will be a lot of suspects. Since the main suspect right now is Roswaal (according to Reddit).

Apr 24, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
DarklordVor said:
Sometimes791 said:

Yeah too bad they rushed that scene. It could actually interest people on Ram/Rem's relationship and asked themselves what happened between those two. I mean it was also in the novel! Come on... at least make it a flashback or rearange it to the next episode

The next episode shouldn't be as rushed as this one (3 chapters as opposed to 4, if I'm correct), so we will see plenty of characterization for the two.
Apr 24, 2016 2:12 PM
Oct 2010
Oh shit!!!! I love it! Another mystery! What's even more messed up is all the build up and happy fun time.
Apr 24, 2016 2:13 PM

May 2015
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

Well it did actually happen, this is from a Chinese novel translation (I can't find the Japanese raw).

This happens exactly after the peeling potatoes illustration, so when you google translate that. You can get a gist of what's happening.

Like I said in episode 4 PV discussion, they're gonna chop up a bit Ram/Rem development, to make room for main girl Emilia x_x

P.S. this happens on mid chapter 2 of novel 2. While the anime ends on chapter 2 of novel 2. So this actually not a spoiler, but a deleted scene.

Eh? The google translate gives bad translation. So what I'm getting is,

they were peeling potatoes, then Ram abruptly asked Rem and showed her color? That Ram's pupil turned red and look doubt at the sister asking "it's because his hair you were staring right?"

well anyway, I think I get it. It's in the manga right? I'll just go read the manga lol
Apr 24, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2015
Sometimes791 said:
DarklordVor said:

The next episode shouldn't be as rushed as this one (3 chapters as opposed to 4, if I'm correct), so we will see plenty of characterization for the two.

Next episode is titled "The promised morning that is far away" or "The promised morning that never come" or something like that (my translating ability is bad lol).
While episode 6 is titled "The Sound of Chains".

Based on these two, I assume episode 5 will adapt the whole chapter 3 of the 2nd novel or chapter 5-7 of Dainishou. So yeah, it will be less materials than episode 4 because they adapted 2 full chapters or 4 Dainishou chapters.

Episode 6 will definitely be chapter 4 of the novel, because it's "The Sound of Chains".

Apr 24, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
How do we know he died in his sleep?

What if his resets only happen if 'he did something wrong'?
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Apr 24, 2016 2:20 PM
Oct 2010
Chdata said:
How do we know he died in his sleep?

What if his resets only happen if 'he did something wrong'?

The show has established it only resets when he dies, any other potential triggers for the reset have not been shown so it's only logical to assume he got killed his sleep.
Apr 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
DarklordVor said:

they were peeling potatoes, then Ram abruptly asked Rem and showed her color? That Ram's pupil turned red and look doubt at the sister asking "it's because his hair you were staring right?"

well anyway, I think I get it. It's in the manga right? I'll just go read the manga lol

Yeah something like that, I just showed you that to tell you the "hair" scene or more importantly, Ram scene, which is similar to chapter 3 Dainishou, exists in the novel that omitted from the anime.

Apr 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
DarklordVor said:

That scene would have made it pretty obvious who was responsible for his death. Chances are it could still happen next episode.

Anyways considering the episode needed to end with the cliffhanger, something had to be cut out. It's not really a big deal.
Apr 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Feb 2015
Lol damn and here I thought we reached a save point.
Apr 24, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2015
[quote=DarklordVor message=45735699
Next episode is titled "The promised morning that is far away" or "The promised morning that never come" or something like that (my translating ability is bad lol).

Based on these two, I assume episode 5 will adapt the whole chapter 3 of the 2nd novel or chapter 5-7 of Dainishou. So yeah, it will be less materials than episode 4 because they adapted 2 full chapters or 4 Dainishou chapters.

Episode 6 will definitely be chapter 4 of the novel, because it's "The Sound of Chains".[/quote]

Really glad that will take their time with next week. And I'm excited to see people's reaction when

Oh god Episode 6. I already get all nervous just hearing the title again. I mean do you realize how much stuff will go down in this one episode? I had to remind myself and it seriously hypes me up. This will be absolutely crazy. This has potential to be episode of the season so far.
Apr 24, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
DarklordVor said:

That scene would have made it pretty obvious who was responsible for his death. Chances are it could still happen next episode.

Anyways considering the episode needed to end with the cliffhanger, something had to be cut out. It's not really a big deal.

Umm... it's actually kind of a big deal... I can't explain it without spoiling Rem/Ram character.

Apr 24, 2016 2:33 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Episode 6 will definitely be chapter 4 of the novel, because it's "The Sound of Chains".

Really glad that will take their time with next week. And I'm excited to see people's reaction when

Oh god Episode 6. I already get all nervous just hearing the title again. I mean do you realize how much stuff will go down in this one episode? I had to remind myself and it seriously hypes me up. This will be absolutely crazy. This has potential to be episode of the season so far.

A lot of stuffs for sure... especially the time for a certain someone to shine and make an impression! People are gonna go crazy about it!

Apr 24, 2016 2:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that's how you create a cliffhanger out of absolutely nothing
Apr 24, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Loved how relaxing this episode was. Nice transition from the action from the first 3 episodes. BUT THAT ENDING THO :O !!!!!!!!!
Apr 24, 2016 2:36 PM

Feb 2015
'kay. i thought this episode was gonna be a build up with nice SoL stuff, but WOW! that ending. i didn't even fcking see that coming. i thought he can only travel back if he died, but......i'm speechless tbh.

ending aside, the characters were nice imo especially that twintail loli.....it's been a long time since i heard that voice XD the twins were amusing to watch too. Emilia is a candidate for the next king ? or did i misunderstand it ? but wow, i got suprised a little bit, i thought she was a princess or somethin.....

that's all i guess......seriously...that ending really hit me hard. another loop ? i wonder when it will end....
"the author is smart" is all i can say after watching this episode.
who is the author!!! this story is good example for me to learn how to make a story.
YizelTroApr 24, 2016 2:43 PM
Apr 24, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2014
DarklordVor said:
Z4k said:

Umm... it's actually kind of a big deal... I can't explain it without spoiling Rem/Ram character.

I know but it could still happen next episode. Scenes getting rearranged in adaptations isn't really rare.
Apr 24, 2016 2:37 PM

Mar 2015
Z4k said:
DarklordVor said:

I know but it could still happen next episode. Scenes getting rearranged in adaptations isn't really rare.

Yeah I hope so, it seems they will have a lot of time to slow down the pace on next episode for episode 6 build up.

Apr 24, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

And after that the darker part of the story begins to pick up. I'm looking forward to it. If they don't screw up episode 6 and 7, then this adaptation will be great.
Apr 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2014

Banzai! The twins is here!
Beatrice is so cute too haha and I like her personality.
Just when Subaru was about to get a date with Emilia, he die.
Apr 24, 2016 2:44 PM

Mar 2010
Like a lot of adaptations the staff could just be rearranging events, so I wouldn't really panic about it. Don't forget their following the WN and LN rather than another adaptation like the manga so the order of events are probably different from the source.

Sep 2013
I really like this show and I'm fine with the pacing it has thus far. Good introductions to 4 new characters of the show is expected from a laid back episode.

That cliff hanger is pretty crazy, considering he went back a whole week and has to spend another week to figure out what happened...I REALLY hope he doesn't have to relive the past week again after failing. That would be pretty hard to watch.

Who knows though, his different interactions and storylines he goes through from the last arc were interesting enough.

Mar 2010
DarklordVor said:
DarkingDawning said:

Yeah something like that, I just showed you that to tell you the "hair" scene or more importantly, Ram scene, which is similar to chapter 3 Dainishou, exists in the novel that omitted from the anime.

Like a lot of adaptations the staff is probably just rearranging the events, so I wouldn't really panic about it. Don't forget their following the WN and LN rather than another adaptation like the manga so the order of events are probably different in the source.
Iron_MawApr 24, 2016 3:02 PM
Apr 24, 2016 2:50 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty laid back episode, enjoyed it and really liking the new characters introduced. Roswaal really is shady, wonder what his deal is.
That cliffhanger though... did not expect that to happen.

Apr 24, 2016 2:59 PM
Nov 2015
For those interested, I highly recommend checking out the manga. Mainly for the crowd who likes Gore.

For anime... I just didn't like the fact that they shrunk 11 manga's chapter into 3 episodes.
Apr 24, 2016 3:13 PM
Nov 2015
ColdBreeze said:
Kendai98 said:
For anime... I just didn't like the fact that they shrunk 11 manga's chapter into 3 episodes.
The manga chapters for arc 1 are quite short though. And the first episode had double length, so it adapted ~3 chapters/1 ep. I would say that's a good pacing.

I just started the manga today. I felt thirsty after watching this episode, for a lot of things are missing. Not really relevant to the plot, but it was essential for their development. I also liked Beatrice in manga better. Just for the sake of my sanity: when Beatrice touchid him in manga, he was split apart. Like I said, gore.
Apr 24, 2016 3:16 PM

Mar 2015
Kendai98 said:
For those interested, I highly recommend checking out the manga. Mainly for the crowd who likes Gore.

It's never good to use the manga adaptation as a pacing thing. Especially since the manga is a bit rushed. Here's the LN's pacing:

Episode 1 ends around Satella telling him not to call him Satella. So that's the start of chapter 3 of novel 1.

Episode 2 ends exactly on chapter 4 of novel 1 with Emilia coming to the warehouse. (around 2 chapters)

Episode 3 ends with chapter 5 and a considerably short epilogue. (1 chapter + short epilogue)

Episode 4 ends with that ending, exactly the end of chapter 2 of the second light novel. (exactly 2 chapters)

So basically yeah they did rushed a bit from novel's perspectives, but so does the manga. Though episode 4 is clearly more rushed than the manga. But next episode should only be adapting 1.5 chapters, so that is less rushed.

Apr 24, 2016 3:19 PM

Mar 2015
Kendai98 said:
ColdBreeze said:
The manga chapters for arc 1 are quite short though. And the first episode had double length, so it adapted ~3 chapters/1 ep. I would say that's a good pacing.

I just started the manga today. I felt thirsty after watching this episode, for a lot of things are missing. Not really relevant to the plot, but it was essential for their development. I also liked Beatrice in manga better. Just for the sake of my sanity: when Beatrice touchid him in manga, he was split apart. Like I said, gore.

Well... too bad. Gore is not everything in this anime. Gore is not the main theme of this anime. You don't need gore to be entertained, it's just a cherry on top for people who likes seeing intestines coming out for some reason. The blood is enough, I don't see why they need to put out intestines. It's actually creepy for a lot of people.

Apr 24, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode again, too bad all that bonding is gone. :(
Love the character interactions in this anime
Apr 24, 2016 3:26 PM
Jan 2014
Xenocrisi said:
LN readers, will we see Felt again? Without spoilers, thanks.

To put it simply, yes. We will probably see her again based on pacing of the story.

On another note. Even though I pretty much know what's coming, these resets still get to me. It always seems like the loops where Subaru makes the most meaningful relationship-building progress with Emilia are the first to go, first to be reset. It's so sad to think about :(
KadouzekiApr 24, 2016 3:39 PM
Apr 24, 2016 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
Subaru's meta comments can get annoying, but this was an overall good episode. 4/5.
I need sleep.
Apr 24, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2015
Amazing show, as entertaining as it can be !
Apr 24, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Well, Ram has been suspicious since the scene where she sat on Roswaal.
I'm gonna assume that Ram and Roswaal are the main viallains of this arc
Apr 24, 2016 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Ah Subaru's such a simpleton. The author's picking on him like a bully.

If he was killed in his sleep, then to me it was like a message telling him to "Wake up! WAKE UP!! WAKE- *presses pillow harder*
Apr 24, 2016 3:44 PM
Nov 2015
DarklordVor said:
Kendai98 said:

Well... too bad. Gore is not everything in this anime. Gore is not the main theme of this anime. You don't need gore to be entertained, it's just a cherry on top for people who likes seeing intestines coming out for some reason. The blood is enough, I don't see why they need to put out intestines. It's actually creepy for a lot of people.

My concerns are the details. Well, I'll see how it'll go, maybe it'll get interesting. But I want it to follow the manga sooo badly. But still, it's always good to see the animation. Beatrice voice reminds me of a character from Arterisk War.

Liked your profile picture., btw.
Apr 24, 2016 3:51 PM

Mar 2015
Kendai98 said:
DarklordVor said:

My concerns are the details. Well, I'll see how it'll go, maybe it'll get interesting. But I want it to follow the manga sooo badly. But still, it's always good to see the animation. Beatrice voice reminds me of a character from Arterisk War.

Liked your profile picture., btw.

Hmm... actually some part of the anime is better. Like the battle between Reinhard and Elsa's 360 + FPS battle is better than the manga. Though there are some details like the one I mentioned before, the one with Ram/Rem scene in this episode.

Beatrice's voice actually reminds me of Kuroko from Railgun, that's the best impression I have with the voice actor lol.

<--- the profile picture is from the April's fool version of Re:Zero lol.

Apr 24, 2016 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Well, Ram has been suspicious since the scene where she sat on Roswaal.
I'm gonna assume that Ram and Roswaal are the main viallains of this arc

Luckily it isn't that easy, try again :D
Jokes aside, the next few episodes will be extremely thrilling and you might be at a loss multiple times.
Sunday can't come soon enough
Apr 24, 2016 3:57 PM
Mar 2013
nice episode looking forward to this , i think i should watch it every 3/4 eps
Apr 24, 2016 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
Ohh no you don't! You can't reset unless Subaru dies.. cmon those are the rules Ծ‸ Ծ. It's got to be a dream.. or a prank or something. Ugh.. time to wait for the next episode T_T

Anyway.. So Subaru has no household skills or anything, but who cares about that when you can naturally open doors to a loli =3=.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.