Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Apr 25, 2016 11:30 PM

I'm okay with recurring tropes in general. It's how its used... that's where I focus.

Though, the bland and dense MC grates on my nerve though.

Apr 25, 2016 11:41 PM

I see a lot of people complain about crazy lesbian girls but I honestly don't mind them.

Also shy girls to a certain extent (I love Hanayo from Love Live and Ayane from Persona 4), egomaniacs (Karamatsu from Osomatsu, Nico from Love Live), tough guys with a heart of gold and that one character who's always an unyielding beacon of positivity.

Plus kuuderes are cool (S-See what I did there?)
Modified by SeibaaHomu, Apr 25, 2016 11:45 PM

Apr 26, 2016 2:59 AM

oh yeah, i also add beach and festival episode. i mean, why soo many prople protest about it? it's their culture FFS....
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Apr 26, 2016 9:26 AM

Tropes/cliches exist because people like them. For instance people might think Attack on Titan is cliche because of the dystopia and zombie apocalypse genres. Subway surfer was called the temple run rip-off way back but now running games are a mobile game genre because they sell and people like them.
Tropes and cliches aren't bad, as long they're expressed in a decent way imo.

OT: I like tsunderes :3

Apr 26, 2016 10:09 AM

I don't mind the "motivated young boy" trope when done right. It works really well in something like Boku no Hero.
::End of Transmission::

Pages (2) « 1 [2]