Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2016 5:09 AM
Apr 2014
So this village is like a maze and it shows hallucinations to the people who enter it.
But who killed Yottsun though? are they gonna add a serial killer to the mix?
This show is fun and entertaining, stop taking it seriously.
Apr 23, 2016 5:13 AM

May 2010
Lol Valcana pls, why are you so tensed up for such a screwed up person? No one cares if a horrible being like Yottsun dies.

So Hayato really is alive and not Mitsumine's imagination, rip theories.

Nanko is one of the best for sure.

Damn Jack, he got out of jail. His fanbase is annoying too.

And I was right, Judgeness is missing in action.

Ooooh it's the train track they showed in the cover art! I bet someone is gonna die on the track sooner or later.

Big Mitsumine? Dead people? What the hell is happening? Hallucinations? My interest is piqued.
TragicRomanceApr 23, 2016 5:23 AM
Apr 23, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
Really interesting! It feels like Lost a little.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 23, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2015
The fuck was that sound? And that cliffhanger, what the fuck happened? Now I'm curious. Things went totally south in this episode. What a swift change. Decent episode.

Apr 23, 2016 5:29 AM

Feb 2014
I wonder who let Jack out. Whoever it was must've been with the group that locked up Jack in the first place. Either way, Mr Butt-chin Judgeness might bow out in the next episode, going by his panicked reaction and with the weather getting worse, it's brewing up for a perfect recipe for someone to die.

I'm starting to think that the other cast members are starting to hallucinate. It should explain why the bus driver was able to see his daughter, who died 10 years ago.

Also, I'm curious to see what's hiding in the tunnel. A giant Mitsumune? Probably not, but it must be something scary and powerful enough to scare the group so easily.
Apr 23, 2016 5:32 AM

Dec 2010
SKP138 said:
Comedic Anime of the year goes to....

MAYOIGA!
One annoying comedy though.
Apr 23, 2016 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
I have the feeling that next episode is going to scare the shit out of me...
"Fight For Justice!" - Uchuu Patrol Luluco (2016)
Apr 23, 2016 5:46 AM

Oct 2012
As I thought, Mitsumune still continues to be annoying pain in the ass MC and the worst character of this show. Also, I don't quite like how everything is always so overdramatic.

But their split up was good twist I guess. WTF ending though, what did they found in that cave? What has to do it with Mitsumune?

Could be the water and food they eated is causing them hallucinations.

Also, I think the last sentence "tekkai Mitsumune ga" is wordplay on mitsu and mune and is translated wrong (or it's intentionally misleading) in CR subs.
Mich666Apr 23, 2016 6:23 AM
Apr 23, 2016 5:54 AM

Aug 2014
the MC is annoying as hell and I want him to die , I dislike that main girl also , too shy for my liking
Apr 23, 2016 6:00 AM

Dec 2015
I hope Lovepon dies next, she's so fucking annoying.

One of the few likable female characters^
Apr 23, 2016 6:39 AM
Sep 2014
I think, that Jack was a hallucination. And the real one is still in the cell.
Apr 23, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
This episode kept me on the edge of my seat so much s*** it's going down
Apr 23, 2016 7:29 AM
Oct 2011
ffs , the cliffhanger is real!
SOMEONE please spoil for me on wtf are they seeing??
Apr 23, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
lmao a giant mitsumune? wut?
and is judgeness kill? he won't be missed if that is the case at least
Apr 23, 2016 8:20 AM
Oct 2014
Since it was mentioned that the village wasn't on any maps... i think that the place inside of the mist is a cursed place like "Higurashi" where everyone went crazy... and it was quarantined and cleaned up by the government...

GrandAndreasKApr 23, 2016 8:33 AM
Apr 23, 2016 8:38 AM

Aug 2007
zellami said:
Nocturnal said:

As for that major cliffhanger at the end, could it be that

What if "Dekkai Mitsu Mune" is a pun of the next episode title "Three Yuuna's is a crowd" :D

I thought it might be a pun on '三つ', [mittsu], meaning 'three'.

zellami said:
Yottsun disappeared for a second time. Did they just show a body in the river or was it Yottsun's indeed?

Lovepon saw the body as well, I think?

zellami said:
It's odd how in the moment they organized themselves, the roar followed the leaving group, as if herding them back to the village or the woods by cutting off their exit. The map seems alright, it's a mystery how they found the road to the village in the "blinding fog" guided by it. It still amazes me how one can say the mountain isn't ordinary and feel the village is safe. It isn't. For the driver, he preferred to stay with the group instead of being alone. Also, the "knock" on the bus door could have been rumbles coming from the luggage compartment.

It amazed me how our MC did not mention the creepy eye he saw, not even to dissuade the group from leaving. His argumentation is sheer brilliance, too. Mikage actually presents some solid reasons for leaving the mountain and all Mistumune can say is, 'but Masaki says we should stay!', this when Masaki is not making any amount of sense.
Her behavior has been off since day one but at this point it has reached a level of weirdness that cannot be disregarded. It's obvious she knows something no-one else knows and that alone should at least make our MC wonder but no.

I was surprised that Hayato and Maimai actually left Mistumune behind. I figured she'd be too tsundere and he too weirdly possessive to possibly leave our MC alone. I also wonder whether Mistumune would have died if not for Hayato's help.

Caesar said:
Nocturnal said:
It amused me to no end how this episode was named after Yottsun and yet he did not even appear, not even his body.

Next episode will be titled "Three Yuunas is a crowd.".
What's the likelihood of the Yuuna conflict actually being the focal point of the episode?

At this point I'm inclined to think that the titles are deliberately deceptive. And it's a shame that I am almost sure Mikage will die, at this point he is one of the few character I actually like.
Apr 23, 2016 8:47 AM
Jan 2010
Judgeness fell and no one gave a fuck?
Apr 23, 2016 8:51 AM
Apr 2016
Thank god some shit finally happened, I was about to drop the show
Apr 23, 2016 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
I feel sorry for the tour guide guy, Valkana is kinda stealing Koharun from him.
Apr 23, 2016 9:25 AM
Sep 2015
Z4k said:
The MC lied when he said "Mitsumune" is his real name.

Apparently in the Mayoiga manga his real name is "Tokimune".

oh wtf ftw. Thanks for that mate.
Apr 23, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2008
...This is becoming increasingly boring. The only good parts happen to be the cliffhangers, which is upsetting me. I love shows like this, but for some reason, this one just isn't cutting it for me.
Apr 23, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
I don't know what is happening lmao. Body in the river, ghost girl, a giant Mitsumune my god whats next
Apr 23, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
I'm too lazy to list everything wrong in the show.
The pace changed .2night 1day in 3 first episode against 3night 2 days in that single episode.
Basicly, they passed a whole day discussing if they should go or not (instead of investigating for yottsun) and another one to walk in circle.
Apr 23, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
I might have missed it but who released Jack? Did he get out on his own?

Judgeness is gone. Big Mitsumune? The fuck? Are they fucking high or what? I'm guessing there might be some hallucinatory stuff in the woods that's making them see things.

Hayato's obsession over Mitsumune is pissing me off. He's trying to control him, if Mitsumune wants to die or sniff mushrooms, let him be. The point of going on the trip is to forget the old world so why does Hayato insist on controlling Mitsumune? Either he's in the closet or he's one of those people who just get off on manipulating others.

I want more deaths in the following episodes to come. The title for the next episode makes me think they're going to kill off one or two (or maybe all three) of the Yu
臭い-
Apr 23, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
The title of the episode was "Yottsun's drown"
Wait .. what?
Apr 23, 2016 9:54 AM
Feb 2016
Does anyone else think that the village is doing some sort of mind trick that makes them see what they care about most or something? We know what Maimai saw (A giant Masamune) and she obviously cares about him. We don't know what Nyanta saw and she looked more horrified than shocked which leads me to believe that she saw something different (maybe something to do with how she "shot" someone before?). Also, Hyouketsu no Judgness saw Jack but Mikage didn't see anything and Judgness cares a lot about Jack because he's terrified of him. Lastly, the bus driver obviously cares for his daughter. So, yeah. Anyone else think anything different?
Apr 23, 2016 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
Idk what to think to be completely honest
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
The angry cunt is annoying me too much, he's such a generic character with a dark past...practically all of the others are really unwatchable as well, argh so edgy

...last minute, was this a comedy anime?

njhemphi said:
Does anyone else think that the village is doing some sort of mind trick that makes them see what they care about most or something? We know what Maimai saw (A giant Masamune) and she obviously cares about him. We don't know what Nyanta saw and she looked more horrified than shocked which leads me to believe that she saw something different (maybe something to do with how she "shot" someone before?). Also, Hyouketsu no Judgness saw Jack but Mikage didn't see anything and Judgness cares a lot about Jack because he's terrified of him. Lastly, the bus driver obviously cares for his daughter. So, yeah. Anyone else think anything different?

I would bet that this is the case at this point
Apr 23, 2016 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
Wtf is a giant Mitsumune lol

Hi there
Apr 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2012
SKP138 said:
Comedic Anime of the year goes to....

MAYOIGA!

Basically this, I almost couldn't stop laughing in the second half.

Still waiting for a slaughterfest like near the end of another, that's the only thing that can save this show.
MCs sucks, both of them, and the only two characters which I can feel empathy are the airsoft maniacs, only for being like them.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 23, 2016 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
Shrine where bus driver saw his dead daughter, Masaki apologized right after she got to know that Mitsumune is Mitsumunes real name, whose in some kind of giant body may be the source of the beast sound and I guess that it is Masakis fault because she did something when she was missing... This anime is going to be spiritual and I can not say that I dislike it.
Apr 23, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
a giant mitsumume??? i got so scared when they said that but isn't that the main character? and i stated laughing xD
Apr 23, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
njhemphi said:

ya i agree, also to note when they heard differnt sounds. they had different answers like bear, siren, human etc.
Apr 23, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
Syonos said:
This anime has so many similarities with Lost :

- unknown monsters in the woods
- a place that you can't leave ( in Lost the island and here the mountain)
- hallucinations
- many characters that gradually die
- disappeared inhabitants

is lost a good anime?? i might watch it since this anime has been interesting so far!
Apr 23, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2015
naniiiiii!!! driver's daughter?! giant mitsumune?!! I want next episode NOW!!!
Apr 23, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2015
Syonos said:
This anime has so many similarities with Lost :

- unknown monsters in the woods
- a place that you can't leave ( in Lost the island and here the mountain)
- hallucinations
- many characters that gradually die
- disappeared inhabitants

now that you mentioned it, that's why it seemed so familiar but I couldn't understand why.Yosh this anime's gonna be interesting
Apr 23, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'm split between believing that Jack escaped the cell and that he didn't escape. There was that one scene showing the cell door open, but everyone's seeing some peculiar things...the dialogue and the characters may be crap, but the mystery sure is compelling. It's the only thing going for Mayoiga, imo.

The MC is just...He's probably the worst I've ever seen as far as weak MC's. I'm glad they focused just enough on the exodus.

All this happening at the fourth episode mark makes me wonder what they're gonna do with the rest.
Apr 23, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2015
This is getting confusing and creepy...
Apr 23, 2016 11:28 AM
Oct 2014
I hope the MC ends up like the MC in School Days. x_x

GrandAndreasKApr 23, 2016 11:33 AM
Apr 23, 2016 11:57 AM

Mar 2015
I thought Jigoku and Nyanta were really cute this episode.

But what does a 'Big Mistumune' mean? Is there a giant painting of him at the end of the tunnel or smth?
Apr 23, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
Z4k said:
The MC lied when he said "Mitsumune" is his real name.

Apparently in the Mayoiga manga his real name is "Tokimune".

He lied.

He said Masaki looked like a doll to him.

This guy is a creep.
Apr 23, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Mitsumune is such garbage. one of the worst MCs I've ever seen.

but yay this episode was intense! especially the moment when Nyanta saw the red mark on the tree
Apr 23, 2016 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
I'm just very confused. What does giant mitsumune mean? ?
I'm too lazy for a signature
Apr 23, 2016 12:30 PM

May 2015
This will end up being a social experiment where they gather random people to try out some kind of new drug that makes everybody see ilusions or something like that. I like the cat girl - I can't remember her name - I hope she survive.s

I was hoping for something funny like Another :/

ButtSlapper said:
the mc makes me feel disgusting and want to beat the crap out of him. he is beyond sissy

^ THIS! I hate the fact that, at the end, he will survive all this.
Apr 23, 2016 12:30 PM
Mar 2016
So it looks like the party who has decided to leave were having a much worse luck than those who stayed. And since when did Japan had Tigers in their wild life?
Apr 23, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
@Nocturnal

Yeah, that "3" (<- even this, up to the juicy details) :))
Also, the 8 flipped would mean "infinity". And now they are lost in the mountain and lost the way back to the village, it's basically a creepy trolling.

Ah, no, there was a body floating, but Lovepon says here "corpse" (or "a dead body"), not "Yottsun".

The thing is if the group hallucinates, it isn't exactly known when this started. First hints could date back when they reached the village and we decided the characters were merely dumb. (They are, but for other reasons). Then, if there was an objective cause, depending on the type, hallucinating could hit different people with different time lag and with a different set of side effects. And lastly, they could be simply and rightfully scared and in panic, which is enough to lose grasp on reality further.

When Mitsumune talked to Lion on the bus, he looked "genuinely" sold on the karasu-mentality. Suddenly, he cares for a person he barely knows, Yottsun, to the point of being separated with the friend that "bailed" him out many times in his life. True, he is after Masaki and ready to replace Hayato with her, yet Hayato is supposed to be someone he would care about way more than Yottsun's dead body. Valkana's motivation for staying behind is clearly different in comparison.
zellamiApr 23, 2016 12:42 PM
Apr 23, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
cyrograde said:
I'm split between believing that Jack escaped the cell and that he didn't escape. There was that one scene showing the cell door open, but everyone's seeing some peculiar things...

One problem with this halucinations' theory is that everyone is seeing and hearing the same. That's either very bad writing (like you eat poisoned vegetables and magic happens), misleading execution and POV changing that confuses viewers intentionally or the things are actually very real (could be movie effects and paid actors in reality show though).
Apr 23, 2016 12:44 PM
Mar 2016
this episode was by far the most wild

talk about crazy cliffhanger. giant mitsumune? wtf??

i was disappointed by the lack of my fave edgelord (jack) but i still can't complain.

NANKO IS BEST GIRL YOU CAN ALL FIGHT ME
Apr 23, 2016 12:45 PM
Dec 2015
Que esta pasando... Este viaje se ve muy intrigante... Lleno de emoción y mucho suspenso
Apr 23, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
Alrighty, lets look at the signs.

Every time they hear the weird sound, someone ends up having weird hallucinations of things:

The Driver sees images of his dead daughter.
Judgness sees Jack...
Maimai sees a giant Mitsumune...
Lovepon sees a dead body floating downstream..

Could the weird sound be a signal to set off some chemical hallucinogen within the vicinity of the villiage that induces weird images around, leading to each person on the tour becoming susceptible to audio suggestions? Like, when someone screams a name out, like "Jack", and points to a certain vicinity, the people in and around him will immediately "see" the same thing that person yelled out?

Well theory aside, this episode was pretty interesting. I still cannot stand what a whiny little bitch Mitsumune is though, and his quest to get under Masaki's skirt is really grinding my nerves. Persistence is a virtue, but for him, it's become more of an annoyance than anything. Him not being able to read the signs really irks me. She ran crying from the room after you talked to her, maybe it's time to give her some space? And she even apologized for no reason at all, any normal person would think that she knows something and that there's something wrong with her.

One other theory that plays on cliches: Remember Scream? The one's that "disappear" or "die" end up being the actual killers? Maybe Yottsun and Judgness are the ultimate culprits. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.