Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. I hope they continue the drama play that Tsubasa's in. I have to see her become a flight attendant!

2. S4 + M4 = S&M or S∞M

3. Why do you think birds can fly? [My answer: 'Cuz they're bored as hell.]

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 21, 2016 7:39 AM

Sep 2015
Almost Shocked, i thought Yume might change her mind of joining acting class instead after the meaningful chat with Tsubasa. Yume joining singing class part of it is because her favourite idol Hime is there. But it might not be bad if she joins the acting class also, its a big change for Aikatsu if our main character is not singing.

The chat with Tsubasa really is great, which links back to the chat with Momoko sensei. Their talk really is meaningful, "why the birds can fly".

Yume's teacher Hibiki sensei good in teaching o.0 Yume almost can do well in the training there, but fail when she tried a few times later. Laura has evolved to be even better at supporting Yume and a rival to her, believe her. Just as Laura said, even if is just a fluke cannot perform that good.

Pure pink coordi huh, not bad i guess. Like always, singing/dancing is part of it, but to convey the feelings is important. Laura no.1 in singing class, Yume last as expected.

Subaru from M4 for now a supporting character, but when will it change to love interest? No one knows. There should be no romance in Aikatsu series !!
Apr 21, 2016 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
The acting part is interesting tease
I would like to see Aikatsu episode where the story focus on struggling story in acting that is quite refreshment.

valvravetruth said:

Subaru from M4 for now a supporting character, but when will it change to love interest? No one knows. There should be no romance in Aikatsu series !!

But they can make males relevant this time than in previous series.
for obvious part, making Subaru and M4 become irrevelant is wasteful. The introduction of male idols has opened a new trees in Aikatsu franchises which waiting further for expansion.
I doubt Bandai introduced them only for shipping teases.

I am looking forward to see more male section
i think boy section are different faculty with another headmaster on same academy, notice it when Yume met Subaru for the first time Subaru wear his casual clothes, that time it was entrance ceremony day as S4 counterpart he should on duty to welcomed the freshmans but he did not which could imply Boy section and Girl section are different part coin.
the M4 name already made difference
S4 = Four star academy
M4 = Four Moon academy??

billybob300c said:

2. S4 + M4 = S&M or S∞M

hahaha true
Sado4 and Maso4 i could not help to think those names are implying that way.
OmniswordApr 21, 2016 8:17 AM
Apr 21, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2013
seems S4 more functioning than I thought. That's nice.
Yeah, I also thought Yume following Tsubasa's path. But, it really makes sense how each individual respond their fight with their own reason.

Tsubasa want became number one too, but cause she already saw Hime, she gave up. on other hand, roadblocks Yume is Lora. Even though, she still chose utagumi. There's no wrong or right answers on that.

Omnisword said:

for obvious part, making Subaru and M4 become irrevelant is wasteful. The introduction of male idols has opened a new trees in Aikatsu franchises which waiting further for expansion.

i think boy section are different faculty with another headmaster on same academy, notice it when Yume met Subaru for the first time Subaru wear his casual clothes, that time it was entrance ceremony day as S4 counterpart he should on duty to welcomed the freshmans but he did not which could imply Boy section and Girl section are different part coin.

new trees expansion that we don't deserve and need. :D
hope Ichigo's axe kills that tree.
Apr 23, 2016 7:13 AM
Jul 2009
Getting annoyed that Yume is so bad at everything--especially after she gave an "amazing" performance (they all seem the same to me).

Also, remember how in Aikatsu season 1 there was a huge emphasis not just on special appeals, but on the NUMBER of special appeals an idol could do?? Ever since that season it has really moved away from that, which makes it harder for the audience to judge which performances stand out more than the others. Well, except for Ichigo's performance in the Aikatsu Movie when her aura pretty much engulfed the entire stage--that was pretty obviously the best performance seen then and since then in the entire franchise.
Apr 23, 2016 8:25 PM

Feb 2008
What are you now talking about eizeral? She just start her first year in idol middle school.
Well her first performance were kind of S4 level when aura were shining really bright, we haven't got on that yet why it happen to her.
She don't even remember it.
That's still a mysterious but we only at episode 3.
We don't know how Aikatsu system are made off, they just put cards there and enter machine put clothes like that.

I still like this new Aikatsu.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 24, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2009
Blackbird said:
What are you now talking about eizeral? She just start her first year in idol middle school.
Well her first performance were kind of S4 level when aura were shining really bright, we haven't got on that yet why it happen to her.
She don't even remember it.
That's still a mysterious but we only at episode 3.
We don't know how Aikatsu system are made off, they just put cards there and enter machine put clothes like that.

I still like this new Aikatsu.

Don't get me wrong, I still like the show! I just wish...idk. I wish it didn't take so long for the subs to come out lol. I'm probably just impatient though, because I only started watching Aikatsu a few months ago and was able to watch every episode back to back, so having to wait for the plot to progress in Aikatsu isn't something I'm used to :P
Apr 24, 2016 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
Subs are out, and once again i really liked this episode, nice to see background of Tsubasa, and i like Yume mindset "I love singing, and i hope i can show it to others, despie not being good as rest girls" and i love how honest she was, even after figuring out, that Subaru is someone famous
Apr 24, 2016 8:53 PM

Jun 2008
Actually, I've come to realize that a boys' section being right next to the girls' section makes absolutely no sense.

If such an idol school were to actually exist, this would not happen. Idols aren't allowed to engage in romance, and having a large group of attractive boys within spitting distance would majorly increase the chances of behind-the-scenes relationships.

I mean, it's not like I expect Aikatsu to be realistic, but there is a line...

Uh, I guess the episode itself was okay.
Apr 24, 2016 9:52 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I wonder if this time we will see any actual romance, which I would be okay with it. Interesting to see that Tsubasa had a rivalry with Hime but either way, she is perfect in acting too.
Apr 24, 2016 10:09 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
billybob300c said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
1. I hope they continue the drama play that Tsubasa's in. I have to see her become a flight attendant!

2. S4 + M4 = S&M or S∞M

8/10

S4+M4 = G8

Idk I thought that group name sounded better.

Overall I'm not really bothered by Yume's memory loss in regards to her 1st performance. I want to see her grow as a character and improve in her Aikatsu. Plus she has a rival. As for the boys, it certainly adds an interesting touch to the show, boy idols.

I'm liking the Laura/Yume interactions. When she gave Yume cake I thought to myself these two are going to be BFF rivals. It appears Laura/Yume will be the Aoi/Ichigo of this show since Koharu hasn't had much interaction with Yume or screen time.

Apr 25, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
LovelyHikari said:
billybob300c said:

2. S4 + M4 = S&M or S∞M

8/10

S4+M4 = G8

Idk I thought that group name sounded better.

Overall I'm not really bothered by Yume's memory loss in regards to her 1st performance. I want to see her grow as a character and improve in her Aikatsu. Plus she has a rival. As for the boys, it certainly adds an interesting touch to the show, boy idols.

I'm liking the Laura/Yume interactions. When she gave Yume cake I thought to myself these two are going to be BFF rivals. It appears Laura/Yume will be the Aoi/Ichigo of this show since Koharu hasn't had much interaction with Yume or screen time.
G8-Group of 8 if that happens it will just like an idol summit :D
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 26, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
Yume saying she doesn't care for M4 is pretty funny. Not sure I'm sold on the male idols yet, but the one with the brown hair and the one with the green hair and glasses look cute/adorable. I think the dynamic between Yume and Laura is great, I hope they continue to keep it friendly and inspire each other.

I only have one major hangup with this show so far. I don't mind Yume growing and improving as an idol. Her starting out OP would be pretty cliche and boring to watch, however having her preform the same song and dance really doesn't make any sense, at all. To my eye, this performance she's given for the third time now, has been exactly identical to the other two times. Her voice doesn't change a bit and there is no visual or audible indication that there is a reduction in the quality of her performance. The S4 idols comment that her 3rd performance lacks the same spark it did during her debut, but of course it would, if you've seen exactly the same thing for the third time lol.

Of course I'm not expecting Yume to be perfect, she's a teenage girl who just got into singing. The other girls all have a leg up on her. All i'm saying is that I hope they could have had at least have some more variation to her performances than a costume lol. I know this show is targeted to younger girls, but kids aren't stupid. At least the song she sang was pretty catchy.

3/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Apr 27, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
alyya said:
seems S4 more functioning than I thought. That's nice.
Yeah, I also thought Yume following Tsubasa's path. But, it really makes sense how each individual respond their fight with their own reason.

Tsubasa want became number one too, but cause she already saw Hime, she gave up. on other hand, roadblocks Yume is Lora. Even though, she still chose utagumi. There's no wrong or right answers on that.

Omnisword said:

new trees expansion that we don't deserve and need. :D
hope Ichigo's axe kills that tree.

There is always like that, people who bounded with nostalgia so it became difficult for them to accept new things
i am glad i am someone who appreciates innovation
May 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Mar 2016
It was kind of a Meh kind of episode, they repeated the same 3D animation with the same audio, just in a different outfit.
Jan 3, 2023 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
Yep, this is definitely starting to remind me of Starmyu more & more. It also seems like Stars is taking a similar route as Idol Time with boys idols. M4 is giving me some serious WITH vibes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 53 Discussion

valvravetruth - Apr 20, 2017

13 by aloradear »»
Apr 20, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 100 Discussion

Florete - Apr 2, 2018

16 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 99 Discussion

Hyuse - Mar 23, 2018

8 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 98 Discussion

VanishingKira - Mar 19, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 97 Discussion

Florete - Mar 10, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 10:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.