Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel when it seems like people are trolling both sides when it involves SAO(especially in reviews)?

New
Apr 20, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Is anyone else at least a little annoyed when some users act like an anti-hatedom and an anti-fandom at the same time, especially for this series? As in, those that seem like they're only doing those plethora of 1-3 out of 10 ratings and reviews, except for this series or another one of their choosing, JUST to get some of the more toxic users riled-up, while also giving a big "fuck you" to the fans in the process?

It's bothering me a little bit since it's like they're doing it just to make an already badly-viewed fandom look worse as a whole(i.e. purposely trolling with the aim just to make one side look bad as a whole(since in any fandom, one toxic user can make the entire fandom get hate), and to get the other side angry; rarely ever to give an honest opinion), and makes the more credible people look like we'll be complete jokes. I won't give the usernames, but I've seen at least two, and it's been pretty discouraging, since it seems like it's for increasing hater toxicity and trolling the fans.

I know there's the possibility that people may actually feel this way(though I doubt there are many; probably less than 10 at most), but what are your thoughts on users like these? While I find it kind of funny that they act like this(since seeing the salt can be pretty funny), it also seriously discourages me since it ruins the actually serious fans' chances of being taken seriously.

I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm fine with that(I just hope they elaborate and use facts to back up the love or hate since I've rarely seen it happen). It's just a little bothering when it feels like it's solely for the purpose of trolling both sides more than anything, especially when others in the fandom want to be taken seriously, but it's already hard enough with the pretty bad reputation of the fandom.

Edit: I wasn't intending to sound anti-opinion in this post. I was just wondering what you think when it seems like it's for the purpose of trolling both sides, since I think it makes the fandom look worse as a whole overall.
AzureNatlis99Apr 21, 2016 6:29 AM
If most toxic anime fans' criteria and standards for considering problematic instances in anime "acceptable" were made into books, they'd be full of plot holes.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 21, 2016 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
In the Netherlands there is a saying “Hoge bomen vangen veel wind” which transelates to “high trees catch a lot of wind”.
This means that people in a high position get a lot of criticism. Think of famous politics or actors. Because they are so well known they receive a lot of positive and negative criticism.

If you apply this to Sword Art Online it makes sense. Because so many people know Sword Art Online there will be a lot of people criticizing it, this could be both positive and negative.

Then there are also people who want to express their opinion by telling others they hate a particular show.
Sword Art Online the anime is not flawless and a genre that does not appeal to everyone. Where there are fans there are haters. What do you do when you watch an anime you don't like?
Go on and watch shows that you do like, or stick around to voice your opinion?

If you choose the last option you are not necessary a hater. But if you take away the fun for others by forcing your opinion on them you could consider them “haters”.

The only way to counter this is by not doing so. Try to stay away from discussion forums and reviews if that ruins the fun for you.
Find yourself a community of fun people with the same interest like fanclubs or that one user with a great positive review. Do not feed the hate, ignore it.
Apr 21, 2016 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
Lobke said:
“high trees catch a lot of wind”.

I don't think i could have come up with a better phase for this and this is just the perfect way to describe it, people are entitled to their own opinions. But i don't think they should make other people annoyed or pissed off just because they like something you don't.

But people will just hate because that how people are nothing we can do about it to change them, so just ignore them because voicing you opinion is great but it's just going to piss them off and make it worse. Plus they're just seeking attention.
Apr 23, 2016 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Just ignore it. Simply as that... That's a subject you won't be able to change no matter what.

After all, it's nonsense to be bothered about something that involves opinions, artworks, entertainment. To do so, is just a waste of time and nerves.
TapuTapuuApr 23, 2016 11:08 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be in SAO?

Gab98 - Oct 12, 2014

5 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:42 PM

Poll: » Which Fight Was Your Favorite?

AreCue15 - Apr 12, 2013

13 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:40 PM

» How did u start SAO ( 1 2 )

Voidgash - Sep 6, 2012

99 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:38 PM

» Favorite character? ( 1 2 )

ShikaruNYAPPY - Feb 21, 2016

60 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:37 PM

» are you going to use nervegear in the future? ( 1 2 )

ThatUndeadLegacy - May 13, 2014

79 by Senkoyuiju »»
Aug 15, 2022 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.