Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Hmn.. So I've stumbled upon this. I'm kind of confused.

Watched the anime years ago, it was actually quite enjoyable. Is this going to be a remake?
Just a new anime adaption of the manga with new and shiny animations etc.?

Similar to FMA: Brotherhood?

I'm looking forward to it (whatever it's going to be), I'd just like some information.
Apr 19, 2016 10:12 AM
Dec 2013
i hope they do it like HxH 2011. i remeber it was good though .
May 1, 2016 3:52 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I don't mind if it is a remake or a continuation. I think a remake would be a better opportunity to get fresh blood in though. :D

May 16, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
it's a sequel

good U__U
Dec 15, 2016 3:43 AM
Oct 2016
I think it's a sequel.
Because if You read the Manga. You will see that the Events timeline is Diffrent from the Anime Adaptations.

SPOILERS AHEAD
actually Testsu groes Up Taller and Stronger. He's like 17 now. And is a Monster in a real Fight just Like Hijikata.
Some characters Die, Others leave the Shinsengumi.
Yamazaki becomes a Doctor. Suzu becomes a freaky Villain........
And this isn't even close to The Latest Volume. It's just around Volume 5.
From 5 to 10 is still Raw.
No English translations or Scans.
So it Will mostly be a sequel.
Jan 8, 2017 9:05 AM
Dec 2015
Mehdi7SWG said:
I think it's a sequel.
Because if You read the Manga. You will see that the Events timeline is Diffrent from the Anime Adaptations.

SPOILERS AHEAD
actually Testsu groes Up Taller and Stronger. He's like 17 now. And is a Monster in a real Fight just Like Hijikata.

I can't wait for batshit insane Suzu! Wondering if they will animate Suzu's "suffering" though...

I'm hoping it's a complete reboot just to see it altogether by the new generation, it's almost a decade since the first anime. Is the manga finished in Japan?
Mar 20, 2017 7:09 PM

Sep 2010
Loyalty06 said:
Mehdi7SWG said:
I think it's a sequel.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I can't wait for batshit insane Suzu! Wondering if they will animate Suzu's "suffering" though...

I'm hoping it's a complete reboot just to see it altogether by the new generation, it's almost a decade since the first anime. Is the manga finished in Japan?

No it isn't I think it still being released bi-weekly on some comic site.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 20, 2017 8:36 AM
Jul 2017
Roloko said:
Loyalty06 said:

And do you know where it is being released? I would love to read the translation.
Sep 21, 2017 4:55 PM

Sep 2010
Zblblik said:
Roloko said:

And do you know where it is being released? I would love to read the translation.

Its only in Japanese legally forgot what the website was called. There was a person on tumblr posting english scans, but I forgot who.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 28, 2017 12:48 AM
Jul 2017
Roloko said:
Zblblik said:

Its only in Japanese legally forgot what the website was called. There was a person on tumblr posting english scans, but I forgot who.

Ooooh....okay :D seems I will have to find that person :) Thanks to you I now have a lead.
Nov 11, 2017 3:22 PM

Jun 2009
Seems like the main character has aged a little from the end of the anime. So this seems to be a continuation.
I watched this 8-9 years ago, I'm really nostalgic about it.
Apr 1, 2019 6:05 AM
Mar 2010
It's really unfortunate that series who have long been in the purgatory, then all of a sudden, got some sort of sequel after long years of wait loses what made them appealing in their first run. Sadly, this apply on this case. PMK was nowhere a great series, but the anime was very enjoyable. You can nitpick, but it is definitely on the side of decent titles. But this... absolutely mess of a sequel.

I swear to heavens, Tetsu-chan on this series with Kaji Yuuki is just absolutely horrible. Spare me the obvious that Tetsu had aged, thus the recast decision was made, but the trend of titular characters getting replaced with a more popular seiyuu irks me, it is nothing short of a gamble. Kaji as Tetsu is unrecognizable, me and my friends who've seen Kurogane before just can't relate on him. How I wished Kobayashi Yumiko reprised her role. Overall, Kaji is definitely not the main reason this sequel is not doing very well. I just hope the next films would get their stride back at some point.

[QUICK EDIT]

So this will only be a 2-film movie sequel. Wow, thanks for getting my hopes up, Japan!!!
nanyatimzApr 1, 2019 6:16 AM
Apr 1, 2019 6:29 AM

Aug 2018
So, without reading the spoilers above, can this be watched independently? I started the series years ago, but honestly no idea what happened and I definitely didn't finish it
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Jul 1, 2019 8:33 AM

Jun 2017
Andy_Roo_45 said:
So, without reading the spoilers above, can this be watched independently? I started the series years ago, but honestly no idea what happened and I definitely didn't finish it

Honestly, even if you had watched the Peacemaker Kurogane anime series this movie wouldn't make much sense unless you had read the manga too. It expects you to already know the material, drops you in the middle of the story and fast-forwards and skips a lot of events.
Jul 2, 2019 12:14 AM

Aug 2018
Trivialmadness said:
Andy_Roo_45 said:

Honestly, even if you had watched the Peacemaker Kurogane anime series this movie wouldn't make much sense unless you had read the manga too. It expects you to already know the material, drops you in the middle of the story and fast-forwards and skips a lot of events.

Thanks for your reply - think I'll give it a miss
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Movie 1: Omou Michi Episode 1 Discussion

Unkrowned - Mar 13, 2020

0 by Unkrowned »»
Mar 13, 2020 8:22 AM

» New Peace Maker Kurogane will be a film series.

DatRandomDude - Mar 24, 2017

5 by Romeo »»
Sep 18, 2017 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.