Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 17, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aaaand down goes Erza, after dispelling her ghosts. Well then....Jellal certainly looked pissed at the end there! XD Initially I didn't even notice that he still had pupils, just really tiny ones. XD Makes me wonder if Neinhart's got a one-shotting to look forward to in his immediate future. XD This Eileen...Erza's mom? I guess it might be mildly interesting if she appeared, on the Alvarez side. I forget what little we know about Erza's biological family...
animefan8800Apr 18, 2016 4:42 AM
Apr 18, 2016 4:53 AM
Jun 2015
Who's lady Eileen? Have we heard something else about her before? Perhaps erza's mother? Other than that, a powerful chapter and I can't wait for Jellal to kick some butts!
Apr 18, 2016 4:54 AM
Oct 2013
Barely a 3/5, for Fairy Tail standards it was decent. Half of the chapter was utter horseshit. The Erza vs images was Zorro vs Monet all over again. It isn´t unique to either manga, Hiro Mashima used this writing conceptions even back in Rave, but this is Horseshit compared to Zorro vs Monet because those enemies used to be threatening at some point in time.

This Manga has two major issues Pacing and incosistency. All the other Bullshit could be forgiven, especially with Hiro´s level of Art. No one cares about fanservice if he gets 5 chapters of proper action. One Piece pulls the same horseshit occasionally but it´s spread out wider and therefore not recognized.

Hiro Mashima take notes, Taizai although the art looks like filth managed to sell several times better and it has the same fucking premise.3 more chapters, extend this fight for 3 more chapters and it would have been good. But no, a single chapter fight over on some intimidation bullshit.

This chapter actually makes sense. Erza leveled up, those guys didn´t. Hiro uses RPG logic here. You don´t have issues with enemies you fought during the early game when you are at the final dungeon. That´s all Neinhart is he´s an RPG Boss. He makes you face bosses you had issues with early game, but now you´re equipped with awesome shit and fireswords and are level 500, those enemies aren´t intimidating anymore, why bring them back in the first place.

IsterioApr 18, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 18, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Ur's Magic again.
Erza taking on three opponents. Getting tied up & tortured by Kyouka again.
That look in Erza's eyes scared them away.
Jellal is super pissed off. Neinhart is going down.
Who is this Lady Eileen? Erza's mum perhaps.

Next week "The seven stars" & a colour page.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 18, 2016 5:01 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 18, 2016 4:56 AM
Sep 2012
Wow just wow, first of all have to give Gray and Lyon credit they figured out the illusion pretty fast, and Gray turned it around to just using anger at this illusion. Zancrow's personalty is perfectly done here, what happened to Wendy, is she okay, and what is with Laxus saying the Fairy Tail founders don't know how to stay dead and buried, you know the other person that fits that description is Mavis.

Anyway Erza she is getting destroyed, but one weakness of using the dead to fight your battles, they are stagnate in their strength and strategy, they can't grow and evolve beyond where they were when they died. As much as I want to scoff at Kyouka using the pain enhancers again because it didn't work last time, why would it work this time, but it is not her fault, that is all she knows, the dead can't learn from their mistakes.

Erza defeats them all with this awesome new power up, maybe it was awaken by friendship, but still it is something different than the power of friendship to win the day, Erza wins but is out of the fight, and now it is Jellal to take on Neinhart. Well I am excited, though I hope Kagura gets to contribute.

So Neinhart is like Erza's Brandish, we already did this with Brandish, one of the Spriggen happens to know someone from one of the main character's past, or one of the main character's relatives, we don't know if Lady Eilen is Erza's mother or sister, or whatever, either way it is very similar to what happened with Lucy and Brandish. Though I don't think Erza and Neinhart are going to become BFFs anytime soon.
Apr 18, 2016 4:57 AM

Aug 2012
and it was at that moment Neinhart knew he fucked up. Also who this person related to Erza I wonder.
Apr 18, 2016 5:02 AM

Jun 2013
Decent chapter, last page got me thinking... will we get more back story on Erza? Perhaps her parents? Neinheart mentioned Eileen (or whatever the name he said was)... so who's that? Jellal is pissed, been a while since I saw him like that. Well Neinheart is making some damage, he insulted his nakama, but thanks to them he's able to weak ft so much, since they did most of the damage. Looking forward to see what's coming next.
Apr 18, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
Meh this chapter wasn't impressive to me, a bunch of logic about Erza again and predictable nature of the story...

Is it also just me or did we see a familiar way of another defeat in this arc already?
I hope the next fight will be better although the drawn expressions of Erza looked good.
Apr 18, 2016 5:12 AM

Jul 2014
Uuuuugggh... Ezra's fights still manage to be disappointing as fuck. Seriously? They cowered in fear? OK. Hopefully Jellal and Kagura fighting will be worthwhile.

I am kinda interested to learn who Lady Eileen is though.
[center][/center]
Apr 18, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2015
So she actually makes them disappear by....scaring them?
Why? Because she's Erza.

Sigh.....
Apr 18, 2016 5:22 AM

Jan 2009
Erza was fucking overpowered as always she manage to kill all the illusions/historia just by willpower to kill them all again lol

next up Jellal's turn to kill that bastard illusionist of the Spriggan 12
Apr 18, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2008
typical Erza bs fight. Thankfully lady Eileen provides a mystery plus always good to see Jellal ready to annihilate someone just with his eyes.
Apr 18, 2016 5:28 AM

Feb 2010
eh so so chapter. Not really interested in seeing past characters who died. Looking forward to Neinhart getting beat. Wonder what it is about that person he mentioned. Maybe from before Erza met Jellal and co? Nice angry face from him there too.
Apr 18, 2016 5:28 AM
May 2009
She's Erza, yes... What should I expect.
And now it's time for Jellal to kick Neinhart's ass, yoho
ありがとう♪
ここだけ アニメとマンガアップデート
Apr 18, 2016 5:37 AM

Jul 2012
So much for the illusions talking for the half chapter and Erza saying i win, just whatever. Seems like next chapter another spriggan down in 2 seconds ...
Apr 18, 2016 5:39 AM
Apr 2016
Who is Lady Eileen....
erza's mom or sister??
Apr 18, 2016 5:43 AM
Nov 2015
And another Erza bs.

3/5
Zero_BreakApr 18, 2016 5:55 AM
Apr 18, 2016 5:45 AM

Jul 2014
It's somewhat satisfying seeing the mc getting beaten up once in a while. And for the first time Erza isn't barking about friendship and is showing pure anger.
And who is this Eileen supposed to be?

Apr 18, 2016 5:54 AM

Jan 2015
Well, I wasn't too impressed by most of the chapter but we wanted dark and we got dark... kind of. Raising Erza's sensitivity in a different way? Kyouka actually managed to become even more disturbing than before.
I was also slightly upset that Erza finished her fight before Jellal and Kagura could arrive but then I saw the last page... I'm REALLY looking forward to the next chapter now.
Firstly, out of all the fights Erza has had, Jellal has never been around to avenge her. Okay, Erza never NEEDED any avenging because she always defeats her enemies but I think you get my point. I haven't seen Jellal this mad since the Tower of Heaven arc. Even Kagura seems a bit worried.
Secondly, we'll get to know more about Erza's past. For some reason that never fails to interest me.
I really don't want to wait an entire week...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Apr 18, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2015
Was it the look in Ezra's eyes that made them scared and dissapear or was it some kind of magic?
I'm guessing lady Eillen and Erza are somehow related.
All I remember about Erza's parents was that they were Unnamed and deceased.
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Apr 18, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2016
They could've killed her but when a near dead person puts on a serious face, its over for them. "Because she's Erza" all over again.. sigh
Apr 18, 2016 6:06 AM
Mar 2015
So are the illusions conscious? I want Ur to thank gray for saving ultear. Also he should be able to hold his own against ur, considering he immune to ice magic. Keith seems to be aware of what he is, so I don't see why UR can't make some conversation and reveal some stuff

Finally Ezra has never had a power up before,
Magic h almost 500 chapter in is still so confusing . Her ability equip is one unique to her alone in the world. Why are some people born with rare magic and other have to learn it.
Apr 18, 2016 6:09 AM
Jan 2014
A typical Erza victory. I'd accept this logic though. Kyouka only fought on par with Erza for so long at their "endgame" after absorbing Sayla's power too + merging with Face. Azuma and Ikaruga...its been plenty of time since that. I'm alright with them being fodderized.

That Lady Eileen thing at the end though...no...please just...no...no more...next chapter is titled The Seven Stars so Jellal, please just instakill this fodder before he sets some kind of annoying flag. No Lady Eileen. no dumb flashback. Is it too much to ask to get a proper war? One where people aren't so connected? Lucy - Brandish. Mavis/Natsu - Zeref. Serena - 4 gods of ishval. This has been rehashed and beaten to death already...Please, no Erza - Lady Eileen....
Apr 18, 2016 6:09 AM
Mar 2015
Yorozuya-Blade said:
Was it the look in Ezra's eyes that made them scared and dissapear or was it some kind of magic?
I'm guessing lady Eillen and Erza are somehow related.
All I remember about Erza's parents was that they were Unnamed and deceased.

erzza is the reincarnation of a powerful knight from legend a 100 years ago she had beautiful red hair and had acces to over 1000 different armor
And brilliant courage. My guess

So everyone in the main cast getting closer to their final forms I see

Wendy is falling behind though
Apr 18, 2016 6:11 AM

Dec 2013
More Erza BS. There are so many better routes it could've gone down that this one.

I loved Jellal's face at the end.
Apr 18, 2016 6:14 AM
Jan 2013
Bisa Erza fight is BS

Another spriggan having relation with FT?
Apr 18, 2016 6:53 AM

Sep 2013
trump54 said:
So are the illusions conscious? I want Ur to thank gray for saving ultear. Also he should be able to hold his own against ur, considering he immune to ice magic. Keith seems to be aware of what he is, so I don't see why UR can't make some conversation and reveal some stuff

Magic h almost 500 chapter in is still so confusing . Her ability equip is one unique to her alone in the world. Why are some people born with rare magic and other have to learn it.

not really makarov has shown to be able to use reequip as well IIRC.... he used the spell to get his cloak
Apr 18, 2016 6:55 AM
May 2013
if erza some how ends up as zeref's daughter im gonna lol so hard
Apr 18, 2016 6:58 AM

Aug 2015
Stark700 said:
Meh this chapter wasn't impressive to me, a bunch of logic about Erza again and predictable nature of the story...

Is it also just me or did we see a familiar way of another defeat in this arc already?
I hope the next fight will be better although the drawn expressions of Erza looked good.

i love the way you think
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 7:02 AM
Nov 2015
So the tale is true
Jellal said if Ul is still alive she's belong to 10 wizard saints
Finally Student v Teacher

And for erza a badass always badass
That was the best provoking
Apr 18, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2015
Chaos_Harbinger said:
And another Erza bs.

3/5

youre being to generous give it a 1/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 7:07 AM
Apr 2016
People complaining about Erza defeating historia while im just glad that Neinhart isnt defeated YET
Apr 18, 2016 7:10 AM
Nov 2015
deadright said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:
And another Erza bs.

3/5

youre being to generous give it a 1/5

I gave it a 3 because we saw other action as well (thankfully), Neinhart not yet defeated (yet him getting fodderized by Jellal is soon :'( ) and the Eileen suspense. I just hope its not some ancestral power bullshit like with Naruto and Sasuke.
Apr 18, 2016 7:30 AM
Mar 2010
Another Erza fight, another bullshit ending.
Apr 18, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2007
Ha....ha.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA...

Even I did not expect the level of pure bullshit this would have. FUCKING LOL.

Now Next chapter this spriggan fodder will make a fool out of himself too and Jelly-stu will oneshot him. And then we will move on towards yet another utterly boring Spriggan fodder.

Downgrading manga overall rating even more. xDD

1/5 for the chapter, like holy shit. How can Mashima grow so utterly insanely dumb over course of one arc? Well at least it can't get any more worse, RIiiiight? RIGGHT?
Apr 18, 2016 7:53 AM
Nov 2015
Fai said:

1/5 for the chapter, like holy shit. How can Mashima grow so utterly insanely dumb over course of one arc? Well at least it can't get any more worse, RIiiiight? RIGGHT?

Expect the unexpected. I'm just waiting for all of this to get over so we can just head over to Acnologia :/
Apr 18, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
I wanted to be kind and give this a 2/5. This was bad. Unless it's explained next week that she actually used some super magic it's just total BS. It'd still be BS with that explanation but better.

This was just dumb. Yes, Erza should be stronger than she was. Though how much stronger is debatable. But really it just makes no sense. Were any of these people the types that would just run off because their opponent looked at them with scary eyes? Azuma should be been thrilled to fight a stronger Erza.

Just shows that he has no idea how to write Erza in a good way anymore. Seems like he just wanted to get to a Jellal fight so had to hurry this "fight" to the conclusion.
Apr 18, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2007
FlareKnight said:

Just shows that he has no idea how to write Erza in a good way anymore. Seems like he just wanted to get to a Jellal fight so had to hurry this "fight" to the conclusion.

He could have just had Erza lose then?

Oh wait, FT can't lose in this arc, I forgot.
Apr 18, 2016 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
Jellal is pissed! I wonder who lady Eileen is, we might get to see Erza's past next chapter.
Apr 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
Well, Neinheart really is in Upper Level category of the Spriggan 12 it seems.

Loved how Erza literally told F**k Off to her Past strong Opponents....They are past, never to return.

DAMN!!! She is Bad Ass, People can Whine all they want. BUT SHE IS BAD ASS!!!

O_o Oh dear.....Jellal....is Pissed off....

Who the hell is LAdy Eileen?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 18, 2016 8:34 AM
Mar 2015
xso111 said:
trump54 said:

not really makarov has shown to be able to use reequip as well IIRC.... he used the spell to get his cloak

Changing your clothes with magic anyone can do
But they said in the beginning requipp the knight was unique to her
Its probably a ancestor thing, like how lucy ancestor was a super powerful summoned
Apr 18, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
ERZA gives the best fanservice in FT, i hope all will agree ^^
Apr 18, 2016 8:35 AM
Nov 2015
fortuna89 said:
ERZA gives the best fanservice in FT, i hope all will agree ^^

Nah, best fanservice award goes to Lucy :3.

Though I'd say she wins the award of 'most BS writing' by far.
Apr 18, 2016 8:41 AM
Oct 2013
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Natsu wants to have a word with you!
Apr 18, 2016 8:42 AM
Apr 2016
Who the hell is Lady Eileen?! I hate Mashima for doing this thing! keeps on making me wait for another week !
Apr 18, 2016 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
Isterio said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

Nah natsu would agree given he always uses Lucy in his sexy diversion tactics
Apr 18, 2016 8:50 AM
Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Chaos_Harbinger said:

He doesn't mind the fanservice though :p
Apr 18, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Just when we get to see Jellal get serious, the chapter ends... Well Lady Eileen is definitely Erza's mother as how Neihart mentions Erza's scarlet hair as if to compares it to someone & she is also probably one of Spriggan 12 since we only see 10 of them so far.

We already see Father vs Son (Silver vs Gray) so maybe a Mother vs Daughter battle next?
Apr 18, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Ruri-san said:
Just when we get to see Jellal get serious, the chapter ends... Well Lady Eileen is definitely Erza's mother as how Neihart mentions Erza's scarlet hair as if to compares it to someone & she is also probably one of Spriggan 12 since we only see 10 of them so far.

We already see Father vs Son (Silver vs Gray) so maybe a Mother vs Daughter battle next?

Erza is in not state to fight again any time soon
Apr 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Ruri-san said:

Erza is in not state to fight again any time soon

Never underestimate the power of friendship in Fairy Tail. :D Even broken bones cannot stop them from saving their friends
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.