Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 7:49 AM
Mar 2016
And people still hate on it about genricness only 3 chapters in?I hope they atleast see the consequences of using one for all and I dare them to say that's generic (Somethin you don't see often in shonens is a drawback to each power that prevails throughout the story even to now) And they overlook how izuku's personality is indeed NOT COMMON(What Mabye tsuna and who else from a popular shonen anime? Thats right barely any).
Anyways, episode 3 was better than the last 2 in my opinion, and the ost was perfect, along with the 1 and 1/2 chapter per episode pacing(Not too slow of too fast).
A good 9/10, from a manga readers perspective, and I try to put myself in anime onlys shoes and give feedback, all I can say is MHA does have those shonen tropes, but It buts a unique spin on it so that it feels new, secondly after next episode it'll either make it or break it for you, love it or hate it(But you should cheak out the cast of characters first and see if you might like any of them), lastly, don't worry, Izuku mans up over the series, his crying is like a running gag, not used to often though.
If anything Season 2 is what I'm lookin forward to. PLUS ULTRA
Apr 17, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
EasyGo-er said:

Yeah, that's pretty subjective and looks like you're in the minority here. Congratulations.

What does me being in the minority have to do here? Do I have to be part of the circlejerk so that my opinion aren't invalid?

Nope, I just said that the pacing thing is subjective and the anime staff clearly tried to appeal to the majority instead of the minority ones, which seems successful enough to me. Part of it was just a jab at MAL people trying hard to be a part of minority in a popular anime, sorry if I offended you.

Apr 17, 2016 7:55 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Z4k said:
EasyGo-er said:

Yeah, that's pretty subjective and looks like you're in the minority here. Congratulations.

What does me being in the minority have to do here? Do I have to be part of the circlejerk so that my opinion aren't invalid?
The reason why this attention to detail that Bones has given this is necessary and the right move because all of these little details plays an important role to who these characters are at their core and makes way for what they will become in the future/setup future actions/expectations/mindsets made by them and other persons around that will be directly affected by them

This is a VERY well written story and like it was said earlier, the mangaka expertly takes on the standard shounen tropes and implements them in all sorts of great ways and then some - You won't see this for a short while but this story perfectly balances out Western and Eastern Superhero themes too

Bakugou for example is a perfect reason as to why this pacing is even more necessary imo
Apr 17, 2016 7:57 AM

Mar 2011
It feels kinda slow, actually when they were about to start the test I thought it was in the middle of the episode but then the ending started so i was like "oh, ok..."
I would not mind this pace if this anime were of more episodes though, but still it's a good adaption from the manga.
Uraraka's voice is so cute, though in my mind while reading the manga she sounded between girly and mature, but guess it will take some time and we need to hear more lines from her. I can't wait to hear Tsuyu with Aoi Yuki as her VA, she's one of my favorites.
Apr 17, 2016 7:59 AM
Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
Fai said:

Its third episode in 12 episode show. We are a quarter into the whole show. I'd usually expect the show to TRY To even pretend to have something more by third or fourth episode of its existence. So far this had nothing but a rehash of The Incredibles narrative(with none of Disney's tongue-in-cheek with), a whiny crybaby MC and shonen tropes.
Need I remind you that this a long running shounen whereas unlike those shows that you named, this series has A LOT of exposition, development and just overall greatness that is gradually shown as the series progresses?

Even something as great as HxH doesn't even do what you're asking for in its first 3 episodes....It's like you are intentionally ignoring this fact just so that you can be THAT guy again that shits on whatever is popular

And calling Izuku One Dimensional is the most hilarious thing that I've seen in a while especially since there hasn't even been 3 chapters adapted yet

It's interesting that you mentioned HxH here because I happened to rewatch the first episode of HxH directly after watching this week's boku no hero, and it occured to me that if HxH had boku no heros pacing, it would've taken 3-4 episodes to go through what HxH did in its first ep.
Apr 17, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
EasyGo-er said:
Z4k said:

Nope, I just said that the pacing thing is subjective and the anime staff clearly tried to appeal to the majority instead of the minority ones, which seems successful enough to me. Part of it was just a jab at MAL people trying hard to be a part of minority in a popular anime, sorry if I offended you.

My bad for misunderstanding your post. I'm not trying to hate on the anime just because it's popular if that's the impression you or others got from my posts. I really do like the manga but it's the slow progression in the anime that has been a bit of turn off which is part of the reason why I disliked Grimgar.
Z4KApr 17, 2016 8:08 AM
Apr 17, 2016 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
I hope people dont try to argue that this is Bones at its best, its average animation FOR Bones standards. I was hoping that since the story is something that has been told over and over again that the animation would be what set it apart from the rest. Funny how people can have the audacity to go into every seasonal harem and say "dropped this is generic" then come here and praise this. Look I dont mind a recycling stories I watch battle harems ever season. But atleast some of those try to disgusting themselves with some type of issue and give some characters something to grab on.

But I dont really wanna play the x vs y game. Im saying this show NEEDS to find its own lane quick before it gets dull fast. If your telling me "but the manga this but the manga that" it doesnt mean shit! If i wanted to read the manga I would go to the manga board. Im just not feeling the pacing for a show like this. Slow paced show benefits from a calm atmosphere not an action show. Im also not feeling the animation. Yes for an industry standard its a little above average but from Bones this is completely average. Im not feeling the story, it doesnt grab my attention.

Look I gave it the 3 episode rule and im disappointed. Ill continue with this because I dont like to drop but if i knew i was getting this from the jump (pun intended) I dont think id pick it up. This isnt a jab to the fans this is just my personal feeling.
Apr 17, 2016 8:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ItsXolo said:
Tokoya said:
Need I remind you that this a long running shounen whereas unlike those shows that you named, this series has A LOT of exposition, development and just overall greatness that is gradually shown as the series progresses?

Even something as great as HxH doesn't even do what you're asking for in its first 3 episodes....It's like you are intentionally ignoring this fact just so that you can be THAT guy again that shits on whatever is popular

And calling Izuku One Dimensional is the most hilarious thing that I've seen in a while especially since there hasn't even been 3 chapters adapted yet

It's interesting that you mentioned HxH here because I happened to rewatch the first episode of HxH directly after watching this week's boku no hero, and it occured to me that if HxH had boku no heros pacing, it would've taken 3-4 episodes to go through what HxH did in its first ep.
What I was really saying is that Fai is mainly faulting BnH for being generic and not doing anything new/deconstructive which is something that you cannot expect any long running shounen to do with just 3 episodes

Also let the record show that as of Chapter 70 in BnH's manga, the story is only 20% done
Apr 17, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2007
Tokoya said:
Fai said:

Its third episode in 12 episode show. We are a quarter into the whole show. I'd usually expect the show to TRY To even pretend to have something more by third or fourth episode of its existence. So far this had nothing but a rehash of The Incredibles narrative(with none of Disney's tongue-in-cheek with), a whiny crybaby MC and shonen tropes.

Its not wrong to expect there to be some sort of a hook in first three episodes of 12 episode show, beyond "well he is just a bullied wimp who wants to git gud"
Apr 17, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
ItsXolo said:
Tokoya said:

You're exaggerating here. The first ep of HxH adapted the same count of page as BokuHero did in first 2 ep. The only differences here is the first ep of HxH had more more action and more focused on the plot while BokuHero first 2 ep focused more on character's struggle over anything else.

Apr 17, 2016 8:16 AM
Jan 2014
So far so good, I'm enjoying it.
Apr 17, 2016 8:24 AM
Jan 2014
EasyGo-er said:
ItsXolo said:

You're exaggerating here. The first ep of HxH adapted the same count of page as BokuHero did in first 2 ep. The only differences here is the first ep of HxH had more more action and more focused on the plot while BokuHero first 2 ep focused more on character's struggle over anything else.

I haven't read either manga, so it's entirely possible that you're correct about how many pages are adapted per chapter for both series.

But then that just means the problem is with the source material to begin with. At the end of the day, whether its due to the way it's adapted or not, the show is just really fucking slow so far.
Apr 17, 2016 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
So Strenuous amounts of body/muscle training + DNA from a hero with "One For All" is what it takes to inherit the power.

Kinda wish they showed, like, someone being happy that the beach was Cleaned, or that someone was distressed by the issue.

Exams are Going to Start Soon. Slight Introduction To Ochako and Tenya (albeit neither of their names were given).

Gahhhh, Another week i must wait before the actual exam. Won't Deny that this episode felt a little empty. But the First two episodes had already made me want to watch this anime. so one "meh" episode isn't going to turn me away.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
'Dagoba' beach - nice reference and very fitting for a training sequence.

The rest ... I don't know. It doesn't realLy click with me.
Apr 17, 2016 8:44 AM
Apr 2016
EasyGo-er said:
ItsXolo said:

I haven't read either manga, so it's entirely possible that you're correct about how many pages are adapted per chapter for both series.

But then that just means the problem is with the source material to begin with. At the end of the day, whether its due to the way it's adapted or not, the show is just really fucking slow so far.

As a 13 episode anime, yeah it's slow. As a long-running shounen, it's perfect in the long run. Things will pick up as the series goes on anyway and that's what will make it all the more worth it.

I agree. It's going to get through the first major arc, USJ. If they flew through this content faster they would be stuck in the middle of the following arc which would be bad. Unless they extended USJ which would also be bad.
Apr 17, 2016 8:51 AM

Mar 2016
Saitama with hair incoming
Apr 17, 2016 8:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Fai said:
Tokoya said:

Its not wrong to expect there to be some sort of a hook in first three episodes of 12 episode show, beyond "well he is just a bullied wimp who wants to git gud"
Pretty sure it's been long established since Episode 1 that he's not a wimp and is just very emotional and strong willed but regardless of that, there are things there that have been a hook

1. The premise - Superhero World etc
2. Izuku - Perfectly exemplifies the type of MC that you just want to root for
3. The mystery surrounding All Might

Just to name a few
Apr 17, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
Probably the best episode so far, the first two weren't really good but I liked this one, let's see how it continues...
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 17, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 2014
ItsXolo said:
EasyGo-er said:

It's not even slow, you're just really impatient. My suggestion is to just drop it now and pick it up again later.
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2015
Really nice episode. Only fear that in the 13 episodes, not much story progression will be made. Still looking forward to the next episode. :p
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Apr 17, 2016 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
MahadoKusanagi said:

As it stands now, Academia is just worth a 5/10 (maybe a 6/10) for me but whatever. What disappointed me big time here was the "I'll just give you the power" instead of going the route of "Izuku, you are quirkless" and Izuku saying "Fuck that shit, i am gonna prove to everybody that even qithout quirk i can be as much as a hero as All Might".

Yeah but the show establishes that without quirk there's a limit to what you can do. You can be pretty smart but if a quirkless body can't stand the power of an enemy, there's not really a lot to do. Also, the test that comes in the next episode shows that you need means to at least inmobilize an enemy. Without a quirk, doing that in a believable fashion seems hard to do.

But hey, at least MC has spirit. Now he has power.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 17, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 2012
This series is so good but it's too slow for only 13 episodes.
Apr 17, 2016 9:15 AM

Oct 2014
Fai said:
Tokoya said:

Its not wrong to expect there to be some sort of a hook in first three episodes of 12 episode show, beyond "well he is just a bullied wimp who wants to git gud, but he can't because nature fucked him up and society is harsh, even for heroes who have to fight between them for popularity and getting payed. However, he got the sympathy of his hero, who is willing to give him the greatest quirk in exchange of hard work, given that he showed that he had the intention to git gud"

FTFY

Is shounen, with some real life stuff on it. I know, shit sherlock, you have to put effort to get somewhere in life.Well yeah how many shounens do that, where you are born overpowered.

Also, just drop it. You won't stand nurse-chan, the biggest plot convenience.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Apr 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
Nice episode. Izuku's hard work is finally paying off and the exams are just beginning. Not sure how the pacing will land so far, but it's decent progress.
Apr 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2015
Kaachan will redeem himself, so don't hate him too much. But yes, he's v problematic.

Go Deku, I can't wait for the exam.
Apr 17, 2016 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
3 episodes in and I'm absolutely loving every second of My Hero Academy.

At the end of each episode, I get more and more tempted to continue on and read the manga XD.
Apr 17, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
Maaan the pace is to slowww, the season will be over by the time he gets into the school. But it's doing shounen very well. Hasn't hit any really annoying cliches or done anything stupid, so far, so good. Just need to kick the pace up a gear.
Apr 17, 2016 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely my favorite show of the season so far.
Previously: BlueXRam
Apr 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Nov 2014
I'm so hyped to watch this entrance exam

Hi there
Apr 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2013
10 months past by so fast. Going to be hard to figure out how to activate his power.
Apr 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
This show is definitely a prime example of why the 3 episode rule is a thing. Episode 1 was really boring and I didn't like Deku at all. But 2 and 3 have been great and I really can't wait for the action to start. Top-notch OST and voice acting all around as well.

Fai said:
Annnd I am most likely done. Might check out one more episode might not.

This was so by the book generic cheese that it literally hurt watching. Unlike ConRevo, this show does not ask any questions nor explore the concept of society via superhero narrative. The narrative is just THERE for sake of one crybaby NotNaruto to tryhard into greatness as a way to teach young kids about how hard work is rewarding, alongside discovering how SPECIAL he is, etc, etc, etc. Its such a derivative rehash of shonen formula cliches that you can literally predict the scenes before they will happen.

Beyond the heroguy(who is typical "awesome old man" stereotype), not a single character is in anyway interesting and the mc is incredibly annoying whiny "hardworking crybaby" stereotype that reminds you every second about how hardworking he is, about his dream, blahblahblah.

Its the same done to death shonen genre premise with same done to death one dimensional shonen character stereotypes populating it and doing same done to death shonen genre stereotypical plotlines. I kept hoping for something to be subverted, for tropes to be turned upside down, for it to go Madoka, for ANYTHING to justify the ridiculous popularity that this supposedly has, yet nothing. Hell you could say the setting is wasted on this as this could be ninjas samurai whatever and it would still be the same story - Unlike ConRevo or even things like Samurai Flamenco and TIger&Bunny, this does not take any advantage from the setting at all.

What does Boku No Hero do different from the rest of MILLIONS of shonen stories targeting highschoolers? Well it has Bones visuals and quality which is nice and all but can't carry otherwise utterly generic show by themselves.

Its almost sad to see BONES top notch style and animation used for this. This might as well have gone to A1 or TOEI with no discernible difference.

2/5 for episode. Might give one more episode before dropping because I am feeling generous.

I was going to debate you on your clearly biased points, but seeing as you like RWBY I can already discern you're the type of person who will stand by their bias no matter what and not engage in actual discussion. So I won't waste my time :^)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
They did well to show Deku's training at the Dagoba Garbage Dump XD
Man I love these Star Wars References.

Given the way that they set up the story, compressing 11 months of training into just 16 minutes of an episode was already pushing it. Personally I feel like the pacing is still doing fine, though how well it works out later on will depend on just how much they adapt in the next episode.

I'm still okay with how fast things are going, but then again that's probably because I know what's to come.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 17, 2016 10:00 AM
Mar 2008
KoreaWS said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

As it stands now, Academia is just worth a 5/10 (maybe a 6/10) for me but whatever. What disappointed me big time here was the "I'll just give you the power" instead of going the route of "Izuku, you are quirkless" and Izuku saying "Fuck that shit, i am gonna prove to everybody that even qithout quirk i can be as much as a hero as All Might".

Yeah but the show establishes that without quirk there's a limit to what you can do. You can be pretty smart but if a quirkless body can't stand the power of an enemy, there's not really a lot to do. Also, the test that comes in the next episode shows that you need means to at least inmobilize an enemy. Without a quirk, doing that in a believable fashion seems hard to do.

Academia would made more impact if Izuku would be Quirkless but still manage to overshadow people with quirk. But hey, i could as well go another way: He trained 10 months, in that time he could have discovered his own quirk and show that what the doctor said to him back then was the rule but not the exception.
Thus my problem is not Izuku having a quirk in the first place, my problem with it is the "Power as a simple gift" that is NOT his own power in the first place but from someone else. Yeah, as All Might said, his power would not even be his own power, but we are talking about Izuku here.
But hey, if you like it that way, more power to ya.
I dont dislike Academia but i dont like it either, its just "oh well" until now. I just think that the "Power as a simple gift" thing doesnt work imo and doesnt have any impact especially after his shown spirit in this episode. Whatever.

BTW: I dont understand why Fai is getting so much shit thrown his way for her opinion.
Apr 17, 2016 10:09 AM
May 2011
MahadoKusanagi said:

BTW: I dont understand why Fai is getting so much shit thrown his way for her opinion.

I like this series and respect Fai´s opinion, but maybe saying that Bones was too good for this series was a little too much and asking for trouble. You can dislike a series and say why, but saying that it would be better that toei adapted it is pretty much an insult.
Apr 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. The part of the training with All Might was good (I like the relationship of him with Deku) and the exam to join the Hero Academia part looks so shonuenish I love it (reminds me a bit of HxH).

The new girl is cute and the glasses guy is quite the character. It's a pity this is going to be only 13 episodes.
Apr 17, 2016 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
MahadoKusanagi said:
KoreaWS said:

Academia would made more impact if Izuku would be Quirkless but still manage to overshadow people with quirk. But hey, i could as well go another way: He trained 10 months, in that time he could have discovered his own quirk and show that what the doctor said to him back then was the rule but not the exception.
Thus my problem is not Izuku having a quirk in the first place, my problem with it is the "Power as a simple gift" that is NOT his own power in the first place but from someone else. Yeah, as All Might said, his power would not even be his own power, but we are talking about Izuku here.
But hey, if you like it that way, more power to ya.
I dont dislike Academia but i dont like it either, its just "oh well" until now. I just think that the "Power as a simple gift" thing doesnt work imo and doesnt have any impact especially after his shown spirit in this episode. Whatever.

I don't really know if it would have had been more impactful the way you put it, but it's okay. I liked it as it was written.

People are just using freedom of speech, and apparently she expected too much from a shounen.

Apr 17, 2016 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
That's what I've been waiting to see!! :D
Apr 17, 2016 10:29 AM

Dec 2015
Another great episode, the fact he had to eat the hair and his reaction was hilarious. Looking forward to the exam next episode, and the other students quirks in action.

Apr 17, 2016 10:30 AM
Mar 2008
KoreaWS said:

I don't really know if it would have had been more impactful the way you put it, but it's okay. I liked it as it was written.

People are just using freedom of speech, and apparently she expected too much from a shounen.

superpatch24 said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

I like this series and respect Fai´s opinion, but maybe saying that Bones was too good for this series was a little too much and asking for trouble. You can dislike a series and say why, but saying that it would be better that toei adapted it is pretty much an insult.

I didnt fully read his comments (only the first one), but maybe he is right about the Toei thing. Its not like Toei does only bad works, they are indeed able of doing good works. So, i dont know if saying "It would be better if Toei did it" is necessarily bad.
For me, i just need to look at "Majin Bone" (with an intentional more retro look despite being from 2014) or "Toriko" (at points) was great to watch with the right quality on Animation imo. And, at least as i heard, "Kindaichi" is supposed to be high quality too (never watched it tho).
So, yeah, Toei is able to do crap work, but also good work. Sure never in the Madhouse level but i dont know if that Bones thing was supposed to be an insult.

Now for the "expected too much for a shounen"...........i wouldnt be so sure.
Majin Bone was more for kids but it still took the audience seriously despite being a shounen, HxH 2011 is surely for the older audience but it is still a shounen (yeah, it is maybe more a seinen), i never watched it but the same goes for FMA, Law of Ueki was somewhat typical shounen but still had an interesting and out of the norm way of doing attacks, One Piece, Bouken ou Beet, Dragon Ball (not Z) and Toriko use the adventure part big time and make those Anime stand out more, etc.
So, being a shounen doesnt mean that nobody should expect something really good/unique/whatever out of it.
Apr 17, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
The ten months of training part was fun to watch!
Apr 17, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
MahadoKusanagi said:

Majin Bone was more for kids but it still took the audience seriously despite being a shounen, HxH 2011 is surely for the older audience but it is still a shounen (yeah, it is maybe more a seinen), i never watched it but the same goes for FMA, Law of Ueki was somewhat typical shounen but still had an interesting and out of the norm way of doing attacks, One Piece, Bouken ou Beet, Dragon Ball (not Z) and Toriko use the adventure part big time and make those Anime stand out more, etc.
So, being a shounen doesnt mean that nobody should expect something really good/unique/whatever out of it.

Those are exceptions and as much as I love some and respect other of those, the rule still applies: You shouldn't expect too much from a Shonen

Apr 17, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Every time Deku cries it feels like someone just shot an arrow through my heart and it fucking hurts.

I'm enjoying this show way too much.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 17, 2016 11:45 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Finally, the inspirational training episode. I was really excited to see it animated, and I wasn't disappointed. It's always great to see an MC actually work for their power. But even with 10 months of training, Deku still has a long way to go, which will be evident next episode.

Speaking of next episode, I am so excited to see Deku's first fight, it's going to be so intense!
Apr 17, 2016 11:47 AM
Mar 2008
KoreaWS said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Those are exceptions and as much as I love some and respect other of those, the rule still applies: You shouldn't expect too much from a Shonen

That depending on what aspect: Story, Animation, etc.
Out-of-the-norm/unique things i would say that you can always expect that. At least most Shounen i saw and know about (even with sports), most of them offer something out-of-the-norm/unique to it and i gave examples of that. That would be my point all along.
So, i would necessary say that you shouldnt expect too much out of shounen................this, of course, depending what aspect you are addressing.
Apr 17, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked the training and shouting of Deku. The OST were great in this episode.
Definitely hyped for the next episodes (even if I know the manga)
Apr 17, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2011
Sapewloth said:
Every time Deku cries it feels like someone just shot an arrow through my heart and it fucking hurts.

I'm enjoying this show way too much.

This, dammit. Every time Deku succeeds I'm also just sitting here grinning like an idiot.

I'm so unexpectedly invested in this show already. Waiting every week for this is brutal. D:
At least it looks like it will be action packed. :DD
Apr 17, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
I want more All Might blood spitting. Poor guy, just talking is suffering.

Maybe All Might should have explained him his power before the exam..?

That reaction when he ''talked'' to that girl... rolf. It make me want to go back to being a teenagers. Now, the only girls I see are the married woman at my work. Fuck me right?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
>anything with my DNA would work

"wink semen wink" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nice ep, I liked the manga version better with the garbage training, uraraka sounds better than I thought :O
Apr 17, 2016 12:34 PM
Mar 2014
Fai said:
Annnd I am most likely done. Might check out one more episode might not.

This was so by the book generic cheese that it literally hurt watching. Unlike ConRevo, this show does not ask any questions nor explore the concept of society via superhero narrative. The narrative is just THERE for sake of one crybaby NotNaruto to tryhard into greatness as a way to teach young kids about how hard work is rewarding, alongside discovering how SPECIAL he is, etc, etc, etc. Its such a derivative rehash of shonen formula cliches that you can literally predict the scenes before they will happen.

Beyond the heroguy(who is typical "awesome old man" stereotype), not a single character is in anyway interesting and the mc is incredibly annoying whiny "hardworking crybaby" stereotype that reminds you every second about how hardworking he is, about his dream, blahblahblah.

Its the same done to death shonen genre premise with same done to death one dimensional shonen character stereotypes populating it and doing same done to death shonen genre stereotypical plotlines. I kept hoping for something to be subverted, for tropes to be turned upside down, for it to go Madoka, for ANYTHING to justify the ridiculous popularity that this supposedly has, yet nothing. Hell you could say the setting is wasted on this as this could be ninjas samurai whatever and it would still be the same story - Unlike ConRevo or even things like Samurai Flamenco and TIger&Bunny, this does not take any advantage from the setting at all.

What does Boku No Hero do different from the rest of MILLIONS of shonen stories targeting highschoolers? Well it has Bones visuals and quality which is nice and all but can't carry otherwise utterly generic show by themselves.

Its almost sad to see BONES top notch style and animation used for this. This might as well have gone to A1 or TOEI with no discernible difference.

2/5 for episode. Might give one more episode before dropping because I am feeling generous.

And my question to you is: and? What's wrong with that being all there is? Does this mean you can't enjoy it for what it is?

Have anime fans become so jaded that they can't enjoy a simple underdog story?
Apr 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
minouneetzoe said:
That reaction when he ''talked'' to that girl... rolf. It make me want to go back to being a teenagers. Now, the only girls I see are the married woman at my work. Fuck me right?

I understand your problem too. Almost all the ladies at my work are either married or already dating someone. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I guess. T_T

Back on-topic, the whole training segment with Deku and All Might was really well done. The OST made the whole segment even more epic too. =D

After the whole training, All Might gave Deku a thread of his hair.....so that he could eat it. I bet that was more painful to eat AND swallow than the entire 10 months of the training programme! XD

Deku's "I talked to a girl!" reaction was epic too. Ochako saved him from an embarrassing trip outside the academy and I find her really cute. Hopefully, Ochako and Deku can work together in the future. =)
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.