Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 18, 2016 3:03 AM

Oct 2011
Holy crap! Best episode of Dragon Ball Super!
Can such a dream truely exist?
Apr 18, 2016 3:24 AM
May 2013
i've no idea why people insist on the possibility of Gohan being of any use again. he can't even go SSJ2, the Ultimate form is out of question.

it would be awesome to see him getting back to his fighting days, though. have Pan be kidnapped, Goku and Vegeta training on an unreachable planet, boom - he's gotta remember how it felt to be sad and frustrated if he hopes to save the one that makes him the happiest.

as for the episode: fucking awesome. i'm afraid it's about to end with Goku losing, though.
Apr 18, 2016 4:35 AM
Nov 2009
been a long time since i got goosebumps from a db episode
Apr 18, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
nameskizo said:
been a long time since i got goosebumps from a db episode

Exactly the goosebumps were real this episode. Was all hyped up in my chair screaming all the time XD.

Amazing use of Kaoi-ken! Really nice to bring it back again.

Btw scary gaze here XD
Apr 18, 2016 5:08 AM

Oct 2015
first the galick gun and now the kioken
old techniques are coming back
Apr 18, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2014
Episode 40 spoiler:
Apr 18, 2016 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, I'm glad I didn't give up on this show after those horrible first episodes. To be honest, there are still things that I don't like about DBZ super, but it's getting better and I'm actually excited to see new episodes.
Apr 18, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2014
exciting fight and cool kamehameha. one thing i wonder is, if goku was holding back on using kaio-ken while in any ssj form, why didnt he use it against beerus when he was threating to destroy the earth, the stakes seem high enough. and then he would have stood more of a chance.
Apr 18, 2016 10:00 AM

May 2014
Finally for once they made a good ep. I am glad the fight with Goku vs. Hit wil last for several ep. It's gonna be exciting who the winner will be. I hope Goku will loose since he is always winning the fights and because we will see Monaka in action. xD

But damn, never imagined super saiyan blue combined with Kaio-Ken. That's just cool. xD I liked the animation in this ep. Far better the other ep.
Apr 18, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2014
Tropicalwood said:
I never understood why Goku never tried to use the kaio-what after going Super Saiyan.

kaio-what. hahaha, I loved the dubbed version by team-star. they are really funny. xD
Apr 18, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2014
j0x said:
elior1 said:
i suprised hit survived this strong kamehamea in the next episode preview. i was sure this was the end

ye im surprised too, and looks like in the preview Goku will be knocked out by Hit too

meanwhile the frustration of Vegeta being weaker than Goku shows again lol

just like classic DBZ. xD
Apr 18, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2016
AdiiL said:
Boring ass episode ..

agreed..
Thinking of dropping this anime, nothing ever happens

Apr 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
This episode literally made me cum. Hella nostalgia.
Some things can never be forgotten.

ll Truth Seeker ll ll Gift from Leo ll Gift from Kasumi ll ll
Apr 18, 2016 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
HornyPikachu said:
exciting fight and cool kamehameha. one thing i wonder is, if goku was holding back on using kaio-ken while in any ssj form, why didnt he use it against beerus when he was threating to destroy the earth, the stakes seem high enough. and then he would have stood more of a chance.

He probably achieved and thought of this when he was training in the Hype Ebolic Skyscraper with Vegeta, after that whole deal went down.
Apr 18, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
The new technique was a huge let down for me. We just got Blue form and you're going to introduce power up past it already... I was hopeful that maybe he had an actual new technique.
Apr 18, 2016 6:27 PM
Jun 2014
Tropicalwood said:
I never understood why Goku never tried to use the kaio-what after going Super Saiyan.

they stated somewhere that it was too hard for the body if I remember correctly
Apr 18, 2016 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
i want to see bardock.....
is he still alive??
Apr 18, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2015
Madara22 said:
Not bad but c'mon how can Goku always get stronger.....

The power of main character.
Apr 18, 2016 10:55 PM

Nov 2014
HornyPikachu said:

actually it was stated in the episode that if he used kioken with ssj it will literaly kill him, it is available in blue with 10% chance of success because its both has higher ki control and a calm mind while ssj requires emotions (anger) it was stated by kio-sama halfway end if i remember correctly...
Apr 19, 2016 4:34 AM

Mar 2014
Wow. I teared up watching this. When he started powering-up and Vegeta commented on what he's feeling, I was covering my mouth in the sheer awe of nostalgia, it was just beautiful. And then when he said those words, when he said those magnificent -- borderline fanfiction -- words, I became a kid again. For the second time this month, but it was the best time.

Dat Hit doe, I don't even understand how he kept increasing he's limit, but it doesn't matter, because it was hype. This entire episode was just a throwback to the prime days of the series, the days when DBZ cemented itself as the most popular anime that will ever exist.

5/5

P.S. Idk if it has been mentioned here or not, but the explanation he gave Hit is almost the verbatim explanation he gave Vegeta.
ziggy_ZApr 19, 2016 4:41 AM
Apr 19, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Wow. I teared up watching this. When he started powering-up and Vegeta commented on what he's feeling, I was covering my mouth in the sheer awe of nostalgia, it was just beautiful. And then when he said those words, when he said those magnificent -- borderline fanfiction -- words, I became a kid again. For the second time this month, but it was the best time.

Dat Hit doe, I don't even understand how he kept increasing he's limit, but it doesn't matter, because it was hype. This entire episode was just a throwback to the prime days of the series, the days when DBZ cemented itself as the most popular anime that will ever exist.

5/5

P.S. Idk if it has been mentioned here or not, but the explanation he gave Hit is almost the verbatim explanation he gave Vegeta.

He increased his limits through Improvement which he hadn't done for over a thousand years. Which is why it became faster and faster. If he would've improved in those thousand years Goku's growth rate would be better but since he didn't he is a lot weaker than he would have been but is able to get stronger faster. :/
Apr 19, 2016 5:08 AM

Mar 2014
Snappynator said:
Kaioken x Super Saiyan Blue is completely new, I don't recall Goku having done a Saiyan transformation + Kaioken at once before (maybe he did? Been a while since I last saw Z) so it's just odd to see him being capable of pulling it off 1st time with Super Saiyan Blue. Just my thoughts tho, the episode as a whole was great.

He never did it in canon, but he did during the Other World Tournament against Pikon. The episode explained why he never has, because, as explained in this episode, Kaio-ken takes an incredible toll on the body (as evident against Vegeta), and since SS is also essentially a Ki-multiplier, combining the two would theoretically, as stated in this episode, destroy Goku. The reason he used it in the Other World Tournament is because he was already dead, and also he used it together with MSS1.

HornyPikachu said:

IIRC, Goku realised he wasn't gonna be able to beat him until after they fought above the atmosphere. And by that point, he was fatigued and used up all his Ki, so going Kaio-ken would've failed and he'd have died.

Nonchalance said:
The new technique was a huge let down for me. We just got Blue form and you're going to introduce power up past it already... I was hopeful that maybe he had an actual new technique.
A new outtanowhere technique would've been worse than Kaio-ken. Imagine he did, instead of the amount of orgasms people are saying they had in this thread, it's be full of that many posts saying "asspull."

geforce6313 said:
is he still alive??

Nope. Hoping there's an Other World/Hell episode where they meet him!

MaxXZoe said:

actually it was stated in the episode that if he used kioken with ssj it will literaly kill him, it is available in blue with 10% chance of success because its both has higher ki control and a calm mind while ssj requires emotions (anger) it was stated by kio-sama halfway end if i remember correctly...

That was true until the Android Saga, where Goku & Gohan (and later Trunks & Vegeta) achieved complete control of their SS power. So in theory, he could've used Kaio-ken against Cell and everyone afterwards, but there was no need in-story.
ziggy_ZApr 19, 2016 5:13 AM
Apr 19, 2016 5:26 AM

Nov 2014
ziggy_Z said:
Snappynator said:
Kaioken x Super Saiyan Blue is completely new, I don't recall Goku having done a Saiyan transformation + Kaioken at once before (maybe he did? Been a while since I last saw Z) so it's just odd to see him being capable of pulling it off 1st time with Super Saiyan Blue. Just my thoughts tho, the episode as a whole was great.

He never did it in canon, but he did during the Other World Tournament against Pikon. The episode explained why he never has, because, as explained in this episode, Kaio-ken takes an incredible toll on the body (as evident against Vegeta), and since SS is also essentially a Ki-multiplier, combining the two would theoretically, as stated in this episode, destroy Goku. The reason he used it in the Other World Tournament is because he was already dead, and also he used it together with MSS1.

if i remember correctly that was a filler episode so some fans (i know i did) disregarded it as non-canon
Apr 19, 2016 6:02 AM
Dec 2013
The last few episodes were great, but this episode was phenomenal. Why is this show still outside the Top 2000?
Apr 19, 2016 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
That was pretty good. I still expect Goku to pull this win out. He always does.
Apr 19, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
It was nice seeing the Kaioken again at least... Hit getting stronger just like that was dumb, similar to Freezer getting on Goku's level again in a few months. Pacing is still pretty bad, I hope this arc is over soon.
Apr 19, 2016 12:46 PM

Sep 2010
It's 10x more epic in English, this redub is fuckin amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjzFDaqBJU
Apr 19, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
geforce6313 said:
is he still alive??
Yeah I also wanna see Bardock... THEY SHOULD BRING HIM BACK!
Apr 19, 2016 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
Respect for Hit for being able to surpass even SSJ Blue.
Vegeta...feel sorry for him once again, Goku is once again one step ahead of him.
Too bad Vegeta can't learn Kaio-Ken.
Apr 19, 2016 2:10 PM

Mar 2016
@ziggy_Z
A new outtanowhere technique would've been worse than Kaio-ken. Imagine he did, instead of the amount of orgasms people are saying they had in this thread, it's be full of that many posts saying "asspull."
The kaio-ken power-up without showing the training is just as much an asspull so I don't think that's a good argument. I agree it wouldn't be very good to just give him a new technique. However it would have been more entertaining to me.

Edit: Before dragon ball fans poor on the defense. This was one of the better episodes of the show for sure. Just a small complaint I had. I think they could have waited to power him up again a bit longer.
Nonchalance_Apr 19, 2016 2:23 PM
Apr 19, 2016 7:37 PM

Mar 2014
Nonchalance said:
@ziggy_Z
The kaio-ken power-up without showing the training is just as much an asspull so I don't think that's a good argument. I agree it wouldn't be very good to just give him a new technique. However it would have been more entertaining to me.

Edit: Before dragon ball fans poor on the defense. This was one of the better episodes of the show for sure. Just a small complaint I had. I think they could have waited to power him up again a bit longer.

It's not "just as much an asspull" because it makes sense why he never did, Toei didn't even need to explain it in the episode, because the answer they gave on why he never used Kaio-ken is the same you'd see online if it was asked last decade. The only viable time he could use it would be with SS1 against Cell and during Buu Saga, but that never happened because 1)he didn't even want to beat Cell himself, and 2)SS3 was a far greater multiplier.

But I agree they should've held off on this power-up.
ziggy_ZApr 19, 2016 7:40 PM
Apr 19, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Nonchalance said:
@ziggy_Z

Edit: Before dragon ball fans pour on the defense. This was one of the better episodes of the show for sure. Just a small complaint I had. I think they could have waited to power him up again a bit longer.

It's not "just as much an asspull" because it makes sense why he never did, Toei didn't even need to explain it in the episode, because the answer they gave on why he never used Kaio-ken is the same you'd see online if it was asked last decade. The only viable time he could use it would be with SS1 against Cell and during Buu Saga, but that never happened because 1)he didn't even want to beat Cell himself, and 2)SS3 was a far greater multiplier.

But I agree they should've held off on this power-up.
He literally says he had been working on a technique but it was still a huge risk (never showing him working on it). Then pulls out Kaio-ken, it only being more okay to you because kaio-ken existed in the past. You don't have to agree but it's just as much an asspull. Worthless power ups are not entertaining to me, not when Blue was just introduced. It makes it seem worthless. That's my reasoning for wanting it to be an actual technique instead of a power up, would have been more interesting. You say that would be an asspull but it's not like they showed him learning instant transmission really in the past. Just explained where he got it from. It all depends on how they write it in on if it works or not.

Either way it's fine, not like I expected that much. It's entertaining enough and was one of the better episodes to date.
Apr 19, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
just rewatched with subs and MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR
wow
Apr 20, 2016 12:46 AM

Jan 2015
What a fantastic episode!
The fight was so DBZ-like! I was very hyped or this fight and it certainly did not disappoint.
This is by far (imo) the best fight in ths tournament. In fact, in entire DBS.
Goku was such a badass in this episode! And that too after such a long time. It was so amazing to see him like this again.
That Kaio-ken + SSJB looked so badass! And I am glad that they actually explained why Goku never used it with other SSJ forms (at least in canon). This also reiterates the fact that SSJB with God ki and the way it is achieved (With perfect ki control) is completely different from how the other tranformations have worked in DB-Universe.
Hit too was badass in his own way. Yeah, he is losing now after the new technique but the way he powered up and improved his Toki-Tobashi was great. That part where he improved it to half a second and suddenly punched Goku multiple times was amazing!
And I like how he isn't unnecessarily evil and does in fact acknowledge that Goku is the only one, fighting whom motivated him to improve. And he is more than a thousand years old..
(Actually Frieza acknowledged that too but whatever)

The way they showed Toki-Tobashi was great. They managed to do it well even during a fast fight scene.

Cyan and Red together would indeed give gray. So I am glad they actually showed goku's hair as SSJB in Kaio-ken's aura gray and not something like purple, which would be the result if it was a darker shade of blue.
Of course, it is a very small thing but it was still good to see.

About Vegeta..
Poor guy was surpassed again. Of course he'll try to bridge the gap. I hope they don't have him learn Kaio-ken. It will be interesting to see him try to cover this difference in a diferent way. Whether he is able to do so or not is a different thing altogether. And if he does, we might see a new technique of powering up (or transormation). I'd prefer the former since we have had too many transformations already.

Despite what was shown in the preview of next episode, I think Goku will emerge as the winner here (about damn time). I am hoping for a Champa vs Beerus too.
Despite not being shifted to Universe 6, I think Goku and Vegeta will now have the access to the "Cube" since they are training with Whis anyways. This will allow them to go to Universe 6 freely.

There's plenty to look forward to.
Goku going to search for the last four-stared Super Dragon Ball. Vegeta going to Planet Sadla to meet the Saiyan King and possibly training Cabba. But the fact that he is behind Goku now makes me feel conflicted about this. I doubt he'll train Cabba when he himself has been surpassed as of right now.
But yeah, both Goku and Vegeta will be away from Earth. And not only away, but in another universe (I am assuming the last Super Dragon Ball is in Universe 6). If a threat endangers Earth in the mean time, then other characters will get a chance to shine again. But if it is done, then they'll have to do it well because I wasn't a big fan of the Garlic Jr. arc in DBZ.
It will also be interesting to see if Hit remains a part of the cast. Though it is unlikely, I'd love it if it happens.
Apr 20, 2016 2:38 AM

May 2008
Hit should be flying through the next galaxy when Goku hit him with the 10xKaio-ken punch combined with SSJB in his face :O but that would break the whole show because nothing is realistic anymore >.<
Apr 20, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2012
Wait...a DBS episode where the fight was actually good and it could even pass as a DBZ episode? Nice.

I wasn't expect something like this, all the fights in DBS until now have been sub-par (or just bad) compared to the ones in DBZ, but this episode was awesome.

Never expected to see Kaoiken being used ever again, i liked that. Please Toei keep things like this from now on.
KaeUBWApr 20, 2016 5:15 AM
I despise woke people.
Apr 20, 2016 7:09 AM

Jun 2013
that was awesome and this is the best fight in the tournament
Kaio Ken motherfucker
Apr 20, 2016 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
Soon in Dragon Ball Super
Apr 20, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2009
It's really cool to see Kaio-ken again, but the explanation as to why he never used it before while in the Super Saiyan state was mighty convenient. And again, only being able to use it while he's Super Saiyan Blue was a convenient power-up. Sure, it's calm and stable, or whatever, but Toriyama needed to give Goku a sudden way to beat Hit, and this is what we got.

The Vegeta and Cabba episode is still the best.
Apr 20, 2016 6:19 PM

Oct 2008
Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken 10x might already be a god annihilator!
too much shouting!
5/5!

Apr 21, 2016 12:23 AM

Sep 2014
I should of got my 3D glasses while watching this episode!

This episode was awesome. glad they they made a call back to older episodes. the nostalgia. I actually felt hyped during the fight
Apr 21, 2016 2:13 AM

Aug 2012
Haha Vegeta be like "Damn he always surpassing me no matter what."

Will Monaka get a turn..!?? Seems like next episode is gonna be the conclusion ...
Apr 21, 2016 3:17 AM

Sep 2014
I'll be real, I definitely expected him to one shot Hit when goku went kaio-ken. Super Saiyan Blue fused with 10x kaio-Ken sure be theoretically outputting a power level far beyond what anyone in show could handle (bar the gods of destruction).

Episode was still hype though, best one yet
Apr 21, 2016 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
So Goku went Super Saiyan Blue then Kaio-ken x10 then punched Hit like 10 times and Hit wasn't instantly killed? Isn't that basically the equivalent of 100 Hits? Also his Kamehameha was pretty normal for the power boost and hit was inside of it perfectly fine.

Still cool though.
Apr 21, 2016 10:29 AM
Apr 2016
When will the episode 40 be released? pls reply ty :)
Apr 21, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Dbzfanboy said:
When will the episode 40 be released? pls reply ty :)
Sunday, as per usual
Apr 22, 2016 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
Oh my, I've been waiting so long for an episode like this, epic. I'm sure they didn't show Goku losing in the preview, but rather a having a comeback on Hit's side. Keeping the suspension as long as possible, not that I dislike it.
Apr 23, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2015
f*** yeah! the kaioken returns! I've been waiting for so long. always wondered why he stopped using it, now I know.

preview makes me wondering..

also wished that the old DBZ soundtracks would make a comeback, the opening theme during the fight was ok, pretty sure that would be something better among the old OSTs
thatvietnameseApr 23, 2016 2:03 PM
Apr 23, 2016 3:38 PM

May 2008
It was amazing episode and I think it's the best until now !
Apr 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
Man, that was a real throwback. Wasn't expecting Kaio-ken to come back into things. Not too sure on the colour clash though, might've been a bit nicer if the colours merged somewhat, although I suppose it was the first time he's used them together, so that leaves room for improvement.

Been a long ass time since I've heard so much screaming in just one episode though.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.