Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 17, 2016 4:57 AM
Mar 2014
I think the whole self introduction thing as a whole isn't intended to be serious, considering some of their secrets.

I think it'll get more serious, but I think that the comedy and light hearted feel of this episode went well with it.
Apr 17, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2014
I didn't love all the fast transitions; it felt like this episode had too much content in it. However it was fun and I really got the feels from the last scene. pretty great characterization for just 2 episodes.
Apr 17, 2016 5:41 AM

Feb 2014
I felt that the comedy was good, although trying to work alongside the drama for this episode did make it look out of place though.

The whole self-introduction test was harsh on our group, but at least they've complete the mission thankfully. Tenga being scared of dogs and his facial reactions when two dogs went after him was really funny! XD

I'm liking Chidori a lot now. Not only is she trying to be positive, but she did try to cheer up the others when they were feeling down after they're forced to reveal their secrets to each other. On top of that, she also has romantic feelings for Agata before his personality changed. Who knows if she still loves him now but if she does and Agata shows more feelings to her in return, then we've already have a couple in progress. =D

Overall, this was a very good episode. Now I'm hoping that the show goes down a darker route after Mari revealed her secret.

Also,
XyriaLight said:
I've seen many comments on the Internet saying that this series is not living up to its hype... To me, this is just another example of hype ruining a series.

I do agree with this. It's understandable if a show gets a lot of hype if the original source material is very well received and the adaptation was done brilliantly (One Punch Man and Your Lie in April come to mind). Sometimes the hype comes down to the studio itself, which didn't help last season's Myriad Colours Phantom World, from well respected Kyoto Animation.

Some shows do deserve more success, and some that don't, but I do feel that when it comes to future shows that are being adapted from highly received Manga/Novels or from a popular Studio, it's a bit too easy to let the hype get too strong, which makes the chance of the hype being met lower and lower.

I think it partially explains why I score shows a lot higher than most users on MAL, since I usually have my expectations low-ish at times. ^^;
Apr 17, 2016 6:23 AM

Jun 2015
I didn't expect this to turn into Saw Light.
Apr 17, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
Quite a way to introduce more of the characters - I liked it. :D

This is only the beginning - it's been interesting and I'm pretty confident this is only the tip of the iceberg :D
Apr 17, 2016 6:54 AM
Jan 2010
this is legitimately fucking awful.
Apr 17, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2009
i'm not enjoying this and the comedy was so lame and boring. thinking of dropping.. :v
Apr 17, 2016 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
Good to see that it's not overrated. (7-8 is fine with me. Higher than 8 would be overrated.)

Not that interesting yet. I hope there will be some more background info soon. (Or maybe the chars want to stop playing missons ... trying to get to police or stuff to fight the people that just decided to use them as research subjects without asking them.)

For introduction it was okay. Hope the other missions will be more interesting and more background info soon instead of having them play missions without giving more info until the last 2 episodes and then revealing some stuff only at the end. (That might make it boring to watch until the end.)
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2015
More interesting than the first episode, but it couldn't decide on whether it wanted to be a comedy or a serious drama, and I'm still not sold on the concept overall.
Also, this may just be me but the production values and animation seemed weaker than in the first episode.
I might end up dropping this at this rate.
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 AM
Nov 2015
I actually loved every second of it. The anime's living up to its hype for me; everything is exactly what I expected from the series. So far, this reminds me a lot of Mekakucity Actors (and what it could have been if it were done right). The art and animation so far screams Trigger and I love it.

All I'm hoping for right now is that the series isn't just 12 episodes since the story hasn't exactly started yet. Not to mention that the characters need some development since they're just pretty typical anime archetypes with a contrasting secret (and Hisomu hasn't even been introduced yet).
Apr 17, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Mari being Mari as usual, I guess.

And jeez, what's with all the complaining? It's not like she can throw around Anohana/s and WIXOSS/s like it's confetti.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
I can't understand why you guys expect dark shit from this series. This is from Trigger afterall... Ffs stfu
Apr 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Jul 2014
wow, this anime no doubt become one of my favorite for this season, for people who say the comedy is silly, i rather agree about that, but hey it's still 2 episodes, and we got the dark plot in this episode ending, and i am sure it'll be awesome next time...
Apr 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
I like this show but I also don't like it for various reasons..
The show tries to tackle serious themes and also tries to be somewhat psychological? with all that talk about there may not be war if everyone knew each others pain and stuff but on the other hand it feels too trashy for me =/

I mean Kill la Kill did a good job balancing wacky humour and storytelling but I'm not sure about this one.

All in all it was a decent episode and I'm glad we got to know more about the characters ;3

Apr 17, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
Is there some point to this shitshow beyond watching kids be tortured? Which is something that we're supposedly expected to laugh at, because people being electrocuted is HILARIOUS. /s
Apr 17, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2014
Sokah said:
Is there some point to this shitshow beyond watching kids be tortured? Which is something that we're supposedly expected to laugh at, because people being electrocuted is HILARIOUS. /s
Because it gives a new perspective in character interaction, knowing the character feel the same pain as each other, making the fact that characters can't do everything they want to do.
Apr 17, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
Skipping all the way right to telling your deepest secret aloud is pretty interesting way how to develop friendship.
Nico was funny, she really doesn't have to try so hard to be a weirdo, she was born one.
I'm curious what the secret is.
Apr 17, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2014
Ok that was sick…. How is doing all this will make a better society
Apr 17, 2016 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
How do people see all these colorful character designs and models, but expect a serious and dark show? What?
Apr 17, 2016 1:10 PM
Mar 2016
Man, that's was the most cruel form of Truth or Consequence ever shown.
Apr 17, 2016 1:12 PM

Oct 2008
Another Good episode by the wacky trigger!
but I think the plot is still lacking or even empty.
what's this all about??!?
4/5.

Apr 17, 2016 1:43 PM
Oct 2011
gubruikertje said:
I'm not quite sure why but I find myself strangly drawn towards this anime.

Trigger's super stylish art to me while I wait to see what kind of show this is going to turn into.
Apr 17, 2016 1:57 PM
Oct 2011
Gridfire said:
The characters and animation are really expressive. I felt like only half of each character's personality was conveyed through exposition alone, something that's lost on most anime.

Yeah, both this and Bones' Bungou Stray Dogs are doing an amazing job at being so expressive with the character animation.
Apr 17, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2014
japaniMay said:
Kyerokat said:
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks it's better than most shows from winter season. Second best after Re:zero this spring. Love the animation, music, characters, story, even the comedy.

This and Re:ZERO are definitely the best shows of the season so far.

irvanCrocospect said:
wow, this anime no doubt become one of my favorite for this season, for people who say the comedy is silly, i rather agree about that, but hey it's still 2 episodes, and we got the dark plot in this episode ending, and i am sure it'll be awesome next time...

This show is far from the best that Spring has to offer.
Apr 17, 2016 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
Not a terrible episode, but I feel like the show would be so much better without that cliche tsundere childhood friend archetype. She's really annoying and literally her only defining character trait is that she wants Katsuhira's dick and that she's super melodramatic. But what should I expect from Mari Okada, the queen of melodrama.
Apr 17, 2016 2:39 PM

Dec 2013
To me, this show's comedy doesn't hurt it in anyway. In fact, it adds to the bizarre idea of being connected to strangers via pain and circumstance. It takes daily occurrences, like introductions, and turns them on their head. How does a person identify themselves? What makes a person who they are? This episodes helped to address those questions quite nicely and the cast of characters lends itself to the comedy amidst what some would say to be a bleak setting. The shows comedy is actually misleading in that this show is not trying to be a comedy. Rather, it's using its bizarre setting to illustrate the characters' discomfort with themselves.

Overall, the story and characters have me very interested. The reason why I can't give this episode 5/5 is that the animation is is prone to dips. Chidori's confession was pretty obvious, but at least the build up was somewhat present. Furthermore, one could just look at Maki's character design to predict her secret. She has the kind of glasses-wearing serial killer vibe I get from other girls like Genocider Syo from Danganronpa. I just hope Chidori's romance is taken all the way while keeping in the spirit of the show, while Maki's murder of what seems to be her friend defines the glasses-wearing killer in a way that separates her from her stereotype compatriots.
Apr 17, 2016 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
I thought this show was going to be like Akame ga Kill or Akatsuki no Yona where the gang goes on a big adventure and stuff. Maybe it'll turn out like that later? I don't know but regardless I am liking this show a lot.

Also I think the OP looks insanely cool. The colors and style is beautiful along with the song.
Apr 17, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2016
In my opinion the anime is really good. I don't mind the comedy. It works for me. The confession was nice even its just episode 2. Like the art of the anime too definite must watch for me
Apr 17, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2011
Favorite anime so far this season aaa I love this
Apr 17, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2014
Some of the comedy definitely feels out of place given how serious the plot itself wants to be portrayed, but I'm not too disillusioned yet.

I feel like this whole entire thing is merely so this ridiculous girl can give feelings back to Katsuhira after whatever his childhood experiences with the Kiznaiver system (precursor?) screwed him up so much. I await more details about their past...
Apr 17, 2016 4:06 PM
May 2011
Chickened said:
japaniMay said:

This and Re:ZERO are definitely the best shows of the season so far.

irvanCrocospect said:

What do you think is the best Spring has to offer?
Apr 17, 2016 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
The OP is soo good, it fits perfectly the anime and i am loving it.
Interesting episode, making all of them reveal their secrets.
Chidori is the best girl :3 She reminds me of Yum from Grimgar, they are both very similar.
I can't really get what is happening with Katsu, he doesn't feel pain but feeling aren't pain, i mean...he doesn't react to anything...
This may be one of the best animes of the season! Can't wait for another episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 17, 2016 7:55 PM

Oct 2015
Eh, it was an okay episode.
Apr 17, 2016 7:56 PM
Aug 2009
The more I look at Sonozaki in the ED the more she looks like Esdeath. I can't be the only one
Apr 17, 2016 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
Sonozaki is just a sadist.
That nickname Kacchon is the best shit this season.
How the fuck is that the right answer, fucking makes no sense. Just a sadist enjoying herself.
How can "I'm scared of dogs" be your self introduction, whatever fuk it.
Ok telling your secret makes more sense.
"What comes next is.." MORE SADISM.
Her sadism is on another level, killing people.
She suddenly jumps in on Kacchon's wagon and starts saying things that are made to make the scene feel more emotional, then they survive and she starts crying.
No fucking emotions delivered to me though lel.
RIP her feelings though, sadist Sonozaki will probably get her Kacchon.
This anime is trying to get to that higher level, but it's not there for me.
The start isn't bad but I dunno. I guess it's good so far?
Let's see where they go with the story, I'm interested in that.
2.9/5
Apr 17, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2014
Gridfire said:
Chickened said:

What do you think is the best Spring has to offer?

Jojo Diamond is unbreakable, Joker Game, & Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Apr 17, 2016 10:08 PM

Jan 2015
Really enjoyable episode. I was thinking, "what if someone said that they've killed someone, how would the others react?" Unfortunately, someone didn't say they've killed someone until the very end. xD
Apr 17, 2016 10:27 PM

Jan 2014
I really like the characters. The anime reminds me of Kokoro Connect.
Apr 17, 2016 10:27 PM

Dec 2009
Pretty decent episode. Not sure where its going but I like the Kiznaiver system of all the characters sharing pain. All the confessions were both funny and heartfelt. Yajima and Chidori are my favorite characters so far. Also that whole "I killed someone" twist at the end is probably just a misunderstanding and not outright murder.
Apr 17, 2016 11:02 PM
Jul 2018
Crawling in my skin
Apr 18, 2016 12:44 AM

Jan 2015
I'm enjoying this anime a lot. I don't know why, it's just really fun to watch. All the characters are interesting and I love the art style.
Apr 18, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Funny enough and understandable in the narrative, this episode. The first part puts some order in the ideas, now you just have to understand in which direction will move the plot. For now I'm satisfied with both the history that the drawings and animations. The characters distinguishable from each other, do not stand out much for originality, but are lovely though. I love the opening, not bad the ending.
Apr 18, 2016 6:52 AM

Jan 2016
Pretty entertaining. Not sure about the comedy bits as it seems like this was suppose to be a darker show. I like it and I am entertained so far. I curious to see how far they push the shared pain. I don't really get that the purpose yet but maybe it will be clearer after another episode.
Apr 18, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2014
Ginkaize said:

How can "I'm scared of dogs" be your self introduction, whatever fuk it.

PSA for everybody watching the show: It's not about the secret, but about what that secret means for the character image and appearance.

ibraheem234 said:
Ok that was sick…. How is doing all this will make a better society

Stay tuned for next episode!
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 18, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2012
The comedy was weird and all the system too. Still enjoyable, I was looking for something darker
Apr 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
why does she even want them to tell their secrets?
Apr 18, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2015
this episode was entertaining to me XD XD XD
that self intro thing was kinda stupid but well, it was entertaining to me and really funny XD i thought nico would died right ther.....

really nice way to end the episode btw. well, i predicted that after she saw the corpse, but still, i think it was a nice way to end the episode, and with that face too...

OP, no matter how many times i hear it, it's really a freaking nice song XD
probably best OP of the season.

Chidori's self intro was something like public confession ? LOL

looking foward for the next epiosde :D

edit: last week, the genre only has sci-fi in it, now we got Action, Drama, Thriller. it's gonna be interesting i bet.
Apr 18, 2016 1:18 PM
Feb 2016
I'm starting to enjoy the anime, but it's really slow paced and there's no clear plot so far, so I don't really know what they're gonna do when they only have 10 more episodes to go... I love the characters, I love the art and the music and even the comedy but I just don't see a story here (if that makes sense), it's not clear what they're trying to show us. I'm hoping it'll get better, I really want it to.
Apr 18, 2016 4:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So they really are the Seven Deadly Sins =o

Seems like:

Tenga = Pride
Honoka = Wrath
Yuta = Gluttony
Katsuhira = Sloth
Chidori = Lust
Nico = Envy
Unamed Character? = Greed

Apart from that, this was some really good characterization and I'll quote someone from another forum that pretty much sums up what I mean by this

So I'd just like to point out that within span of two episodes Kiznaiver managed to:

Introduce 7 main characters while establishing 2 of their backstories. In addition to breaking down and justify the stereotypes of the Stoic, the Hardass Bitch, the Pretty Boy, and the Insane Cuckoolander by establishing why these characters act the way they do. And also setting some of them for more character development (heck technically our protagonist has already developed).

Have its romantic leads understand their feelings in a scene that is both satisfying to watch and pushes the premise that the show is based on. Where most anime would dick us around for a whole season or longer.

And establishes that the anime is going to revolve around the beginnings of a HUMAN HIVEMIND being incorporated to society.

Call me crazy but considering that this all happened in the course of like 40 minutes I'm going to call this pretty good writing. I'm honestly a little baffled that some people are calling this anime boring.

This all goes back to execution of generic themes and this and also Boku no Hero Academia are perfect examples as to how you execute them well

I really liked that confession from Chidori and also the revelations from Katsuhira and now I cannot wait to see what happens next

Also, I dunno if I watched something else, but this episode didn't feel lighthearted to me at all, it had comedic moments, but none of it was anywhere near being lighthearted imo
Apr 18, 2016 5:15 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This Kiznaiver program is getting interesting. Now I'm curious as to what the group will actually do once they begin to work together. I guess Nozomi is sort of like their "captain" I guess. She still kind of annoys me though.

Man I really like the art and animation Trigger does. It always looks so nice.

The characters seem fairly charming so far.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

364 by FISHERMANCJ »»
Apr 12, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

186 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

401 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 6, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

205 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 5, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.