Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 18, 2016 1:02 AM

Mar 2009
All the Saya moments made up for no Claudia(as usual).
Also at least we got to see more of Ayato's sister in this episode - the flashback, I mean.

MagicalMahou said:
They literally just ripped out the only thing in the series that could have made Ayato INTERESTING. His entire struggle to overcome his sister and his goal of finding her, literally the only character development he could ever get, was blatantly dismissed by the writer's "tell don't show" harem bullshit.
And what the fuck was that flashback? Doesn't that negate almost every aspect of Ayato's story and could have made Saya a bit more bearable and fleshed out had it appeared earlier? Because from what I can see here, Saya should have been Ayato's partner and the main girl of the series. She and Ayato have a history, have great chemistry, work better as a team that put up against a supposed Urban Legend and have a better foundation for their relationship than Pinky-dipshit ever did (saw her nakes). Hell, he even EMOTED thanks to her.

This series is so full of shit, I don't even know why I still put up with watching this.

Yep. Most of the other female characters are much better than Julis. Why is she the main female character, again?
Apr 18, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Saya was pretty awesome in this episode :D
I didn't expect the fight to go on for another episode. That's pretty cool since the fight was pretty fun. Their opponent is stronger than I thought they'll be.

4/5

Good episode. Looking for some nice action next episode.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 18, 2016 1:34 AM

Oct 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:
Lmao. Seems like those twins are from Naruto.

LOl my first reaction also. Nin Nin!

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
I'm glad they showed us more backstory with Haruka and Saya. Two of the most important people in Ayato's life. With Saya and Julis he finally got over his fear and insecurity. I have no idea what Ayato means by "awakened" but perhaps he's extended his power's limits? There's still so much about his seal we don't understand. With that said, the stage does seem set up to have the twins win so next episode will have to be a major turn around.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Apr 18, 2016 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
Bjartskular said:
AmnesiA-chan said:
Lmao. Seems like those twins are from Naruto.
LOl my first reaction also. Nin Nin!
You know Naruto is a bastard child of magical ninjutsu and chinese arts, right? These themes are a lot older, Naruto just popularized the theme. It's meant to be chinese martial art. Kaede is the best superninja though.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 18, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
all of the girls in this anime should learn their lessons and they won't even win on those twins even for the guy this ep is just like Waterloo
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 18, 2016 7:15 AM
Oct 2015
Nanashi said:
So that was their plan? Going all out from the beginning? Why would you even consider that? Especially after they "figured out" their enemies plan, too... I guess they have to get Ayato into the next stage somehow. Being cornered works best for these developments.
That's their Plan A (best case scenario). Their Plan B was Ayato's hidden second lux. They knew from the match records that the twin love to play around with their losing opponent before finishing them, so they aimed for a surprise attack during that very moment. Though, it turned out that the twin was more cautious than they thought.
Apr 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
Saya best girl of this anime. Too bad that the fight is split in two part ...
Apr 18, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
The best moment of the episode for me was the flashback and how strong his sister was. Overall it really feels so mediocre (maybe even less), don't know, the fights don't have any appeal at all. And i don't want to talk about them using some "cheap" tactics, just let it slide and whatever. Still waiting for at least something decent to happen for it to be somehow worth finishing.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 PM
Apr 2014
Ryuutobi said:
That's their Plan A (best case scenario). Their Plan B was Ayato's hidden second lux. They knew from the match records that the twin love to play around with their losing opponent before finishing them, so they aimed for a surprise attack during that very moment. Though, it turned out that the twin was more cautious than they thought.

I meant the entire plan in general. Their "plan B" sucked just as much. Even their plan in the previous battle was better thought out. I really don't understand how they even came up with such a weak plan even after their previous enemy told them that cheap tricks won't work on the twins.
Apr 18, 2016 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
Saya's voice is so cuteeeeeeee omg xD
Well that fight epic! The strategy that those twins used to weaken and almost defeat Julis & Ayato is very smart, but they are cowards. I still loved the fight!
Ayato will enable his OP MODE 2?xD
Next episode will be epic!
We need Claudia back.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 19, 2016 4:30 AM

May 2015
nah, this is what i said "true episode of asterisk war" since 2432456124 years ago
Apr 19, 2016 9:02 AM

May 2014
Why... Why this series gets another season instead of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry?
Apr 19, 2016 10:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The first half with Saya was just beautfiul

I love the relationship that she has with Ayato as well as that flashback of them fighting with his sister...Man everything during the first half made me smile

In regards to the second half, the twins didn't disappoint at all and I love how they've been playing Ayato and Julis like a fiddle all of this time

Can't wait to see what happens next but I have a feeling that Ayato just figured out how to break his seal lol
Apr 20, 2016 7:17 AM
Oct 2015
Saya chan from dagashi and here both fking kawaii,omg
Apr 20, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
Saya too cute this episode lol
Apr 21, 2016 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
MagicalMahou said:
They literally just ripped out the only thing in the series that could have made Ayato INTERESTING. His entire struggle to overcome his sister and his goal of finding her, literally the only character development he could ever get, was blatantly dismissed by the writer's "tell don't show" harem bullshit.
And what the fuck was that flashback? Doesn't that negate almost every aspect of Ayato's story and could have made Saya a bit more bearable and fleshed out had it appeared earlier? Because from what I can see here, Saya should have been Ayato's partner and the main girl of the series. She and Ayato have a history, have great chemistry, work better as a team that put up against a supposed Urban Legend and have a better foundation for their relationship than Pinky-dipshit ever did (saw her nakes). Hell, he even EMOTED thanks to her.

This series is so full of shit, I don't even know why I still put up with watching this.

Just...why? Nothing wrong with expressing your opinion or disliking a show, but why force yourself to sit through something you don't enjoy? The second cour of said show no less? If I hated the show this much I wouldn't have bothered starting the second cour honestly. Not trying to attack, just genuinely curious here.

CrotakuShinobi said:
I dont wanna sound negative but I dont see how they can win against the twins

Yeah, I don't either. The twins are probably still going to lose, but I imagine that the reasoning for it is going to be somewhat illogical. Can't really be helped here, because the main characters were kind of written into a wall. It'd be hard to come up with a reasonable explanation for how they could get out of this situation.
Apr 22, 2016 12:49 PM

Apr 2016
Things are starting to shape up for me, I liek! *moew*
Apr 24, 2016 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
The twins takedown should be glorious.
May 5, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
Those twin surely are annoying!
I'm curious about the team with the adult dude with a kid...
4/5.

May 9, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2015
Saya was adorable!

Those twins are stronger than I expected

May 11, 2016 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
I found the battle to be quite laughable... that's not a good thing.
Jun 17, 2016 7:49 PM

May 2010
I honestly would prefer for the twins to win at this point. They were physically weaker so they planned the fight out and came up with tons of clever strategies to win. Our protagonists knew exactly what the twins were going to do, and didn't come up with any sort of counter-strategy whatsoever. Why should I root for the guys who were either too lazy or too stupid to come up with decent plans of their own?

What really pisses me off is that I know what's going to happen. Ayato's going to "power up" and overcome the twins through sheer might without ever doing anything to deserve the win.

I sincerely hope the next episode proves me wrong...
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 2, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
Twins are obviously better in terms of skill but knowing anime, they'll lose anyway.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 28, 2016 6:45 AM
Mar 2012
really dislike invisibility ability, often it's too broken in shows. In games there's always some tradeoff, but still a pain to deal with.
Didn't remember Saya being so supportive, her voice also tons better than Flora in both ages.
Sister subplot seems interesting, and her fighting technique & awareness much sharper than Ayato's.
Ending seems Julis made him recall something about the seal, maybe he can unseal w/o sister later.
Oct 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Feb 2014
Omg... Saya is sooo cute! Damn!
Oct 16, 2016 6:40 PM

Nov 2013
How Saya ambushed Ayato was funny.

Interesting flashback and nice motivation from Saya.

The fight so far is okay. To see Ayato and Julis wrecking those arrogant twins, will be pretty satisfying. I can't stand their fighting style and their arrogance. It's important to put them in their place.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 28, 2017 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
Miiko and her nice oppai are back.
Dat finger.
For the third time...Where the fuck is my waifu Claudia?

Dat preview! Claudia looking so fine. My heart can't take it anymore. Please come back! I need you, Claudia! It's your time now! The universe does indeed revolve around Ayato and you. Dat Engrish.

Another boring episode proving once again that Claudia is best girl.

Miiko been better than all the other girls this season so far.
RobJul 2, 2017 3:33 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 10, 2018 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
I actually enjoyed the twins fighting, they fight with brains and strike where it hurts while keeping themselves safe. Of course the protagonist can get hit by 1000 explosions and will still be able to fight with full power, so they have no chance of winning anyway.
Feb 7, 2022 10:32 AM

May 2008
Loved the flashback with Saya, I didn't realize how far back they went

As for the fight with the twins, there's a lot of standing around talking, he should be getting his power back soon with all that yammering
Aug 3, 2022 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
Good fight. The opponents are quite pesky and smart.

I wonder how they'll beat them. Hopefully, it's an acceptable asspull or better yet a really good strategy I wouldn't expect.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.