Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
Now i'm starting to like Saya more and more . She did pretty well this episode . Her younger self is cute . Also the battle was good , those twins are cunning and have some nasty tricks . Let's see how things will go on next episode . It's kinda weird but i can only differentiate the twins from the size of their chest lol
Also is that ayato's sister in the audience ? I saw someone with purple twintails !
Shishou_23Apr 16, 2016 11:14 AM
Apr 16, 2016 11:20 AM
Aug 2012
Yautja said:

I was hardly saying that they twins were weak (I was speaking generally, and that the twins' relevance was minimal to the story), or their past wins were extremely strong, I was saying that it's hard to take a show seriously when ever single opponent pushes the MCs to the brink, especially when they hyped the MCs to be such big deals, and all powerful.

They hyped the MCs to be strong and smart but NOT too powerful neither all knowing......their opponents are also strong, can use strategies and use their brains as well. Ayato's handicap and it's cons were already shown quite well. Not every opponent can be taken down in 5 minutes.

Remember Julis talking about how she may not be able to beat Rank no 7 (i might be mistaken about the rank) as he was a Orge Lux user or how the Jie Long duo can easily be in Top 12 in Seidoukan. Just because you think they are small fries for the sake of excuses, in reality they aren't.

Yautja said:

That said, Irene, or Kirin, which was top tier got beat pretty easily by Ayato, seems like they should have been a much bigger deal than the twins, yet they've put him in a seemingly worse position.

During the fight with Irene, it was 1 VS 2 and both used Gravi-sheaths weakness against her. Not to mention, Ayato is a better CQC fighter compared to Irene and Julis was supporting him.

Against Kirin, Ayato lost the first duel because of handicap and not knowing about the rules of the duel but managed to win the second time because he made preparations before.

This one is an actual team battle, the Twins are already said to be very good at working together and setting up tricks. I dare say, they are better than Julis at using strategies and cheap tricks. Individually they could be weaker compared to Ayato or Julis or Kirin or Irene, but working together they are much strong. Not to mention they are good at wasting time with their tricks and against Ayato they just have to that.

This isn't about simple power levels but how compatible the abilities are and also how efficiently they can use their own abilities. Preliminary rounds are gone long time ago.........

Yautja said:

Him beating big deal characters and then getting obliterated by characters of similar or lower level is boring.

Stop making up boring excuses.....you are totally being ignorant about team battles here. Just because our MC can go head to head with strong opponents in 1 VS 1 battles withing a certain time limit does not mean he can curbstomp every other opponent in team battles. The previous battle already showed that and the current opponent are much better at teamwork. This isn't One Punch Man........wrong show dude.
TyrelApr 16, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 16, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
Animation seems to have improved, nice.

The ED song is one of the absolute best I've heard
Apr 16, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2013
Ayato will break the 2nd seal. I cant wait to see him crush the chinese twin.
Apr 16, 2016 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Little Saya was so cute.

The Li Twins are sure tough!
Apr 16, 2016 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
Best part of this episode was Saya, the actual battle fucking sucked and went exactly like i thought it was, not to mention boring as hell.

hoping it gets better, these twins fighting so boring imo and wasted so much time lol
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 16, 2016 12:36 PM
Dec 2015
Después de recibir una paliza y se acabará su podría r. Intentara remontar lo sucedido... esperen esto se puso muy bueno
Apr 16, 2016 12:51 PM

Sep 2015
boring episode. also i hate that they always use cliffhangers

Apr 16, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
Yeah let's use our tramp card at the very beginning of the fight and then wait 3 minutes until your opponent finishes his speech.. This is getting stupid..
Apr 16, 2016 1:11 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like something happened with the seal? Can't wait til Ayato finally gets past the 5min thing. Better animation this week than last week's.
Apr 16, 2016 1:40 PM
Jan 2014
I hate cliffhangers... RIP ;_;
Anyway we can pretty much guess what happens next...

Can't wait for the next eps, when the main drawback of Ayato is overcome (hopefully) (purely speculation)! :P
Apr 16, 2016 2:10 PM
Mar 2016
Oh cliffhanger, now we have to wait for the next ep to see them twins getting owned
Apr 16, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2015
I liked the Saya moment at the beginning. Those twins are annoying though. I wonder what happened to Ayato at the end. Decent episode.

Apr 16, 2016 2:26 PM
Aug 2015
Lmao. Seems like those twins are from Naruto.
Apr 16, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
Putting a bait behind a bait. My god! reminds me of NGNL, but i really dislike those twins. "to overcome any possibility until the end of the line"

Overall it was a very good episode imo. they showed Ayato's flashback again and i like the action between Ayato, Saya and His sister. but i think the fight between the twins and Ayato, Julis was better. i like how the twins fight too, but i guess that's the end for them :D well, it's too obvious that Ayato and Julis will win, but i can't wait to see how they will win, Something must be happening with Ayato's seal right now...

DAMN! DAT cliffhanger...
Apr 16, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2013
Ayato is down and Julis gets Saya to talk to him.
Flashback fight, Saya was pretty good with her guns even so long ago :O

Ayato has awakened XD guess he'll do the same move his sister did.
Julis really dropped the concentration ball this ep.

Apr 16, 2016 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
The moments with Saya were my favorite parts of the episode.
Apr 16, 2016 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
so many flashbacks this episode and his sister was a beast
Apr 16, 2016 3:45 PM
Oct 2015
Yautja said:
but how annoying it is to see every single time the characters pushed to the brink (It's repetitive, and ruins the suspense and enjoyability of the fights, for me). Regardless of how strong, or weak the characters are, or how different their skill sets are.
Every single time? Did you forget how they easily defeated their first three opponents in the tournament? It makes sense that they met the small fries in the early stages, and then the big fishes afterward. Irene was no more than the first big fish the pair have to face.
Apr 16, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
Flashback, and we get to see kid version of them.
Saya still cute and act the same as when she was a kid which I like.
Anyway, it's still a meh episode overall.
Apr 16, 2016 7:30 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
While I'm generally liking the Asterisk series, this episode was terrible. Not for the episode itself, but for the overall story.

First, it's fine for Ayato's sister to pull out all the stops against a couple of little kids, but she seals his powers away when he's fighting adults. And then she goes away and nearly gets herself killed whil enever lifting his seal. Which makes her, IMO, an absolutely selfish idiot and someone who's not really worth being saved other than to lift his seal.

Second - I'd like to see them stop showing the same-old same-old of the main two fighting and show more of Kirin & Saya. Not only that, the fight scenes are getting ridiculously repetitive, and all the non-fight scenes are nothing but filler and add no real value to the series.
elkensteyinApr 16, 2016 7:34 PM
Apr 16, 2016 8:22 PM
Mar 2015

I really know that it have no real valor, but I'm with you @Dragon_Slayer_X . The point here is how good the teams can work together, not how strong you are in individual battle
Apr 16, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
hlubkoj2020 said:
Flashback, and we get to see kid version of them.
Saya still cute and act the same as when she was a kid which I like.
Anyway, it's still a meh episode overall.

I don't get the last scene at all, why the fuck Julis is blushsing in the match when ayato is "OK I get it" wtf
Apr 16, 2016 9:52 PM

Nov 2014
2nd part is better imo,

nothing else to note

3/5
Apr 16, 2016 11:15 PM

Jun 2015
Is it bad if I actually like the way those twins are fighting?
Dealing damage without putting yourself at risk, is it really that cowardly?
Apr 16, 2016 11:25 PM
Aug 2012
Creepy_Noire_fan said:

The problem is their attitude and lack of honor or respect towards their opponents rather than their strategy. They torture their opponents unnecessarily just for fun.

Apr 16, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2014
I dont wanna sound negative but I dont see how they can win against the twins
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 16, 2016 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
This fight was a little brutal so far with all the explosion seals.

....but it looks like Ayato saw his seal in his mind this episode, so hopefully next episode he tries breaking the seal.

~Great episode!!!
Apr 17, 2016 12:56 AM

Jun 2014
AW CUTE SAYA MOMENTS! I love Saya! Nice flashback too, and they actually explain why the MC says the names of his strikes out loud! Thats a fun little addition. Can't wait to see part two!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 17, 2016 2:35 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode :O

The battle was intense
Apr 17, 2016 5:07 AM

Jan 2010
Fight got dragged out because of idle chatting. sigh.
Apr 17, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
Me watching the first half like: "whoa this anime's suddenly turned good?"
Me watching the second half like: -_-
Apr 17, 2016 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Saya seemed so cool in his episode.
I'm actually still rooting for sayo X Ayato Ship
Apr 17, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2012
3 chapters, still no Kirin. We want best girl!

Those twins are good with strategies but I think they lack some social skills and behaviour.

Creepy_Noire_fan said:

Of course not! That's the most intelligent way to fight and you can almost copy it to everything in this world.

The problem comes with acting like a total douche just because you are winning.
First thing you always learn in all kinds of combat training is respect.
Waifus only represent ideals
Apr 17, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Saya got some decent amount of screentime. The flashback with her and Ayato teaming up against his sister was great, despite their defeat.

Although the fight in the second half was intense, the Li twins really irritate me, almost more so than a certain antagonist in Accel World. True, their skills are strong, but man do they need to get put in their sorry place.

Thankfully, with Ayato unlocking something within him, my wish might come true in the next episode. To add to that, Kirin and Claudia need more screentime, badly! ^_^
Apr 17, 2016 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
this is the first tough battle the MC is facing..hope they get rid of it in the next episode...
Apr 17, 2016 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
They literally just ripped out the only thing in the series that could have made Ayato INTERESTING. His entire struggle to overcome his sister and his goal of finding her, literally the only character development he could ever get, was blatantly dismissed by the writer's "tell don't show" harem bullshit.
And what the fuck was that flashback? Doesn't that negate almost every aspect of Ayato's story and could have made Saya a bit more bearable and fleshed out had it appeared earlier? Because from what I can see here, Saya should have been Ayato's partner and the main girl of the series. She and Ayato have a history, have great chemistry, work better as a team that put up against a supposed Urban Legend and have a better foundation for their relationship than Pinky-dipshit ever did (saw her nakes). Hell, he even EMOTED thanks to her.

This series is so full of shit, I don't even know why I still put up with watching this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 11:58 AM
Feb 2016
I must be the only one who dislikes Saya here? She's all like "I knew him first, so I have more rights".

I actually loved the twins. I like how they are shown to be real assholes. So twisted. It just adds variety to the show. So that it's not always "we fight we honour" kind of thing.
Apr 17, 2016 2:34 PM
Apr 2014
So that was their plan? Going all out from the beginning? Why would you even consider that? Especially after they "figured out" their enemies plan, too... I guess they have to get Ayato into the next stage somehow. Being cornered works best for these developments.

Also is Claudia their running gag now? I don't mind the situation as it is (although I wouldn't have a problem with her appearing either) but this constant reminder in the last seconds that she'll "definitely" appear next episode is starting to get annoying.
Apr 17, 2016 5:20 PM

Dec 2009
OrangeJP said:
At least we get some nice Saya moments and I have a feeling Ayato is going to break his seal soon[/size]

Those were some FANTASTIC Saya moments. I think i'm in love. I love love. Saya's in love with Ayato, and it's so obvious. Sasuga true love~

They could have come up with some better tactic execution and such in that fight, but oh well. Ayato's sister showed far superior tactical prowess. But i guess they are all technically combat amateurs so it's not insensible.

Why are so many people obsessed with Claudia? She showed herself to be a bit of a slut, and that's pretty much all of the character development we got from her. She never even gets much air time outside of the previews.
GenesisAriaApr 17, 2016 5:24 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 18, 2016 1:02 AM

Mar 2009
All the Saya moments made up for no Claudia(as usual).
Also at least we got to see more of Ayato's sister in this episode - the flashback, I mean.

MagicalMahou said:
They literally just ripped out the only thing in the series that could have made Ayato INTERESTING. His entire struggle to overcome his sister and his goal of finding her, literally the only character development he could ever get, was blatantly dismissed by the writer's "tell don't show" harem bullshit.
And what the fuck was that flashback? Doesn't that negate almost every aspect of Ayato's story and could have made Saya a bit more bearable and fleshed out had it appeared earlier? Because from what I can see here, Saya should have been Ayato's partner and the main girl of the series. She and Ayato have a history, have great chemistry, work better as a team that put up against a supposed Urban Legend and have a better foundation for their relationship than Pinky-dipshit ever did (saw her nakes). Hell, he even EMOTED thanks to her.

This series is so full of shit, I don't even know why I still put up with watching this.

Yep. Most of the other female characters are much better than Julis. Why is she the main female character, again?
Apr 18, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Saya was pretty awesome in this episode :D
I didn't expect the fight to go on for another episode. That's pretty cool since the fight was pretty fun. Their opponent is stronger than I thought they'll be.

4/5

Good episode. Looking for some nice action next episode.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 18, 2016 1:34 AM

Oct 2015
AmnesiA-chan said:

LOl my first reaction also. Nin Nin!

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
I'm glad they showed us more backstory with Haruka and Saya. Two of the most important people in Ayato's life. With Saya and Julis he finally got over his fear and insecurity. I have no idea what Ayato means by "awakened" but perhaps he's extended his power's limits? There's still so much about his seal we don't understand. With that said, the stage does seem set up to have the twins win so next episode will have to be a major turn around.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Apr 18, 2016 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
Bjartskular said:
AmnesiA-chan said:
LOl my first reaction also. Nin Nin!
You know Naruto is a bastard child of magical ninjutsu and chinese arts, right? These themes are a lot older, Naruto just popularized the theme. It's meant to be chinese martial art. Kaede is the best superninja though.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 18, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
all of the girls in this anime should learn their lessons and they won't even win on those twins even for the guy this ep is just like Waterloo
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 18, 2016 7:15 AM
Oct 2015
Nanashi said:
So that was their plan? Going all out from the beginning? Why would you even consider that? Especially after they "figured out" their enemies plan, too... I guess they have to get Ayato into the next stage somehow. Being cornered works best for these developments.
That's their Plan A (best case scenario). Their Plan B was Ayato's hidden second lux. They knew from the match records that the twin love to play around with their losing opponent before finishing them, so they aimed for a surprise attack during that very moment. Though, it turned out that the twin was more cautious than they thought.
Apr 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Dec 2012
Saya best girl of this anime. Too bad that the fight is split in two part ...
Apr 18, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
The best moment of the episode for me was the flashback and how strong his sister was. Overall it really feels so mediocre (maybe even less), don't know, the fights don't have any appeal at all. And i don't want to talk about them using some "cheap" tactics, just let it slide and whatever. Still waiting for at least something decent to happen for it to be somehow worth finishing.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 PM
Apr 2014
Ryuutobi said:
That's their Plan A (best case scenario). Their Plan B was Ayato's hidden second lux. They knew from the match records that the twin love to play around with their losing opponent before finishing them, so they aimed for a surprise attack during that very moment. Though, it turned out that the twin was more cautious than they thought.

I meant the entire plan in general. Their "plan B" sucked just as much. Even their plan in the previous battle was better thought out. I really don't understand how they even came up with such a weak plan even after their previous enemy told them that cheap tricks won't work on the twins.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.