Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2016 5:50 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
rather than mystery the story is more focused on Black Organization, watched it on 1st day on air and I was surprised when I arrived at the theater, so many people come for conan, lol.

amuro, akai and conan action is really cool, when I go home I watched the tv series on tv and the tv anime is like a previous episode before the movie, how interesting.
Apr 16, 2016 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Shaorina said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
rather than mystery the story is more focused on Black Organization, watched it on 1st day on air and I was surprised when I arrived at the theater, so many people come for conan, lol.

amuro, akai and conan action is really cool, when I go home I watched the tv series on tv and the tv anime is like a previous episode before the movie, how interesting.

Ya, the newest episode is anime original made for the movie, so how was the movie overall?
did anything really amazing happen b/w BO and Conan/FBI?
how is it compared to previous BO movies?
you don't have to answer in detail but some general thoughts would be awesome, still waiting to see it in Sept lul
Apr 17, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2012
Forgetful00 said:
Shaorina said:

Ya, the newest episode is anime original made for the movie, so how was the movie overall?
did anything really amazing happen b/w BO and Conan/FBI?
how is it compared to previous BO movies?
you don't have to answer in detail but some general thoughts would be awesome, still waiting to see it in Sept lul

This time Amuro's police agency security plays a role too in this movie, and Rum is mentioned too in the movie.
I think it's interesting because the story is focused on knock.
I cannot compare it to previous BO movies but I prefer this movie than last year's sunflowers of inferno :D
Apr 17, 2016 12:23 PM
Dec 2014
Agreed, i liked this more than The lasts movies. Maybe this os one of my favorites Conan's movies.
Apr 18, 2016 5:20 AM
Mar 2016
I'm sorry to change the topic guys, but I was wondering if you watched it online or what? I've been trying to find it but couldn't and was wondering if you can help.

Thanks
Apr 19, 2016 6:41 AM

May 2012
abrarhadder said:
I'm sorry to change the topic guys, but I was wondering if you watched it online or what? I've been trying to find it but couldn't and was wondering if you can help.

Thanks

I live in Japan so I watched it in the cinema
Jun 8, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2012
Anyone know what the translation progress for this movie is at? This wait is killing me.....,
Jun 15, 2016 3:37 PM
Nov 2008
You're going to have to wait a few months before it gets translated. It's still airing in cinemas in Japan.
Jul 7, 2016 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
This movie is one of the most action-packed instalment in recent years, easily surpassing movie 18. This means however that it is also very mystery-lite, with the overarching case a simple amnesia-and-recovery case somewhat like movie 4. Nevertheless, its action scenes more than cover this deficiency and the movie is a fantastic ride through and through. The only complaint (if it could be called one) I have is that some major characters were noticeably shoehorned into the movie (especially Ran), which is inevitable considering the massive cast lineup this time round. I'm still torn about which Black Org themed movie is better though; in terms of plot movie 13 had a much stronger case, but movie 20 is much more thrilling.

PS: The ending credits actually featured scenes from Singapore! This must have been the first time in this series.
Jul 12, 2016 7:08 AM
Nov 2008
Just watched it in cinemas. Although I enjoyed it more than Movie 19, I will rank it lower than Movie 13. Like what the previous user mentioned, there's minimal / no mystery involved, but the action partially makes up for it. BO plot-wise, this movie follows really close to the current anime series.

A pity that I have tons of issues with the plot & logic involved that cuts the enjoyment quite a bit :|

This is not too much of a spoiler per se, but it seems that we got more than Red Comet & Amuro Ray involved here ;)
cerulean18Jul 31, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 27, 2016 12:13 PM

Aug 2010
Just watched this movie in the theatres today and wow, I'm amazed! It has got to be one of the best movies in this franchise, action-wise and in terms of the thrill! (Though I think I probably have yet to watch the previous 2 or 3 movies >__<) It was intense throughout and although there are still elements that are kind of cliched and overused in the movie adaptations (and the series/anime tbh LOL), those didn't ruin my enjoyment of this movie.

It was more action-based than solving an actual case though, and I actually welcome this for a change. There were few plot holes here and there that they just glossed over and didn't specify, but I didn't find those too problematic since all the action happening kept me distracted lol.

I have a question though - I have not kept up with the manga for a few years now, is Caracao a movie-only character or was she mentioned in the manga as well? The answer might change how I view this movie. One of the things I dislike about this movie is how quickly Caracao "turned sides" (the amnesia was understandable, but the later part where she saved the trio kids and Ai? :/

The ending scene was pretty touching, pity it was a tad too short. After the sad music was played then, I remember it was suddenly cut and then a lighter/happier music was played, this made me a little unhappy lol.

Also, I thought the movie could have been wrapped up better. We were kind of left hanging there. I mean, so how was the whole situation handled by the PSB and the police (and the FBI) because the whole thing was a whole big fiasco, surely they can't just sweep it all under the rug? What happened to the Black Organisation after losing Caracao and suffering the damage (though probably that level of damage won't after them that much lol)? I mean, the ending was pretty abrupt in this way and adding an extra even just 5 minutes to cover all these would've made me feel happier with the ending. But maybe that's just me being picky.

Anyway, overall I did enjoy watching this movie. Partly due to my bias towards this series (practically grew up with this series). Maybe also because I didnt really have any expectations beforehand lol
blue-yJul 27, 2016 12:21 PM
Jul 27, 2016 6:16 PM
Feb 2015
blue-y said:
I have a question though - I have not kept up with the manga for a few years now, is Caracao a movie-only character or was she mentioned in the manga as well? The answer might change how I view this movie. One of the things I dislike about this movie is how quickly Caracao "turned sides" (the amnesia was understandable, but the later part where she saved the trio kids and Ai? :/

She's a movie only character.
Jul 27, 2016 11:41 PM

Aug 2010
ixarising said:
blue-y said:

Ah I thought so, thanks for the info! ^^
Jul 28, 2016 2:17 AM
Feb 2015
blue-y said:
ixarising said:

Ah I thought so, thanks for the info! ^^

You're welcome. Glad to assist.
Jul 28, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Just watched in the theater today because it's the premiere date locally here. About Black Organization members, including those "spies". This movie was good, but not so great and exciting like last movie.
tsubasaloverJul 28, 2016 10:23 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 6, 2016 6:30 AM
May 2015
Premiered here in the Philippines. Got to say it was really amazing. There were no mystery murders but that was some action-packed movie that I've seen this year. My teeth were stuttering at the end. I see now the reason why they named it "The Darkest Nightmare". Because really that climax at the end almost ended up as a nightmare. I'll re-watch it when the DVD comes out. Though I love movie 19 and the movies Kaito Kid appeared, this movie became my first favorite. I was reminded strongly on why DC became my childhood and present favorite all-time anime.
Aug 6, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2010
Watched it in the cinema here in the Philippines today. It had English subtitles of course and it was good enough.

The only thing that annoyed me the whole time is the 3 brats. They were so loud and the only good thing that came out is
at least for me.
Kogoro, Ran, Sonoko had very minor roles.
Well considering its a BO focused movie it's fine. They were really the main focus anyway. And what's funny at the end is that they blasted off again for the second time riding another aerial vehicle hahaha.

Very important question... why was there no trailer for the next movie?!??? From what I know there always is... unless they include it in the DVD version
Aug 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Nov 2007
booyah10 said:
why was there no trailer for the next movie?!???
It always has the "teaser" thing for the next movie after the whole movie each time, including this time. Is it not "trailer" enough? Or you forgot to stay until very end to see it?
Aug 8, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2010
tsubasalover said:
booyah10 said:
why was there no trailer for the next movie?!???
It always has the "teaser" thing for the next movie after the whole movie each time, including this time. Is it not "trailer" enough? Or you forgot to stay until very end to see it?

I stayed at the very end but no teaser
Aug 8, 2016 5:53 AM

Nov 2007
booyah10 said:
I stayed at the very end but no teaser
Really? Then your version didn't include it. I was able to watch a teaser trailer for next year's movie.
Aug 27, 2016 12:25 AM

Mar 2016
I just watched in Korean version and it was amazing! I love Akai and Amuro in this movie xD
nice to meet ya! feel free to recommend me animanga ✿
Aug 28, 2016 5:41 AM

Sep 2015
I watched it and I'm sad now
Sep 17, 2016 8:33 AM
Aug 2015
Just watched it here in Hong Kong. It was amazing. Yes there is no case solving involved in this one even though this is called DETECTIVE Conan, but who cares I want main story so this is my cup of tea. Those badass action made up for the lack of mystery. Thrilling as fuck, my heart was pumping during the climax. Can't really choose between 13 and this, both main antagonists are fucking cool and I love them. DAT teaser at the end though, hope it would be something about BO again or some crazy murder case, both can do just don't be about Kid, those are boring IMO
Sep 18, 2016 2:50 AM
Jul 2016
after reading all this comments i can't wait until it is realised in english subs i have been waiting for months for this movie
Sep 26, 2016 9:11 PM

Oct 2010
Too many plot holes and illogical moments.almost 0 mystery and too much action make this movie doesn't feel like detective film anymore.Conan movie is declining year by year since movie 10..
Signature Removed
Oct 2, 2016 8:39 PM

Apr 2012
groundfish said:
Too many plot holes and illogical moments.almost 0 mystery and too much action make this movie doesn't feel like detective film anymore.Conan movie is declining year by year since movie 10..

I would agree if you said since 13, since 13 hailed by many as one of the best if not the best Conan movie to date, however my fav is still The Last Wizard of the Century.
Back to the topic, while I must admit some illogical moments and plot holes made me facepalmed hard, however I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. I just hope some details here will be a canon in the main story
Oct 6, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good movie overall, I liked it.
Wish the anime would do more BO rather than cases that we've seen before.
Oct 17, 2016 4:46 AM

Feb 2016
after all the key of their success was ayumi,genta,mitsuhiko lol.....although i still hate them coz disturbing since first movie
Oct 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Apr 2014
I would take BO case and exaggerate action over uninspired unintersting random mystery and unnecessary action that start since at 10th anyday 8/10
Oct 24, 2016 6:07 AM
Mar 2015
I was very surprised and happy to see Matsuda (ep 304) making a cameo here. He was short-lived in the anime but I quite like him.

I was looking forward to this movie very much. I have to say I'm disappointed about the lack of mystery, and not a big fan of the exaggerated action in this movie. But then the DC manga has always been on the logical side, rather than the action side, so it was good to see something you can't see from the manga. Akai, Amuro and Curacao had some cool actions. It wouldn've been amazing if the mystery was more complexed.

I personally don't think Amuro would start a fight with Akai in that situation no matter how much he hates Akai. He knows he shouldn't be wasting time like that. I feel like the purpose of the fight was pointless (pretty cool but exaggerated fight though).

Next year is going to be a super love comedy and with Kazuha as the protagonist. Hopefully it'll be more mystery based rather than love based. And the mystery will be complex and intriguing.
Oct 29, 2016 9:34 AM

May 2012

OMG. THAT VOICE. HATTORI HEIJI'S GONNA BE IN THE 21ST MOVIE <3 CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 2017 <3
Oct 30, 2016 4:36 AM
Aug 2008
Well, I watched the RAW yday. Suprised myself actually, I guess I understand enough japanese to follow the story on a good level.

But what I actually wanted to say... Oh god. The end really made me so sad. I'm still upset so much over
DC never fails to make me have so many feelings ♥
Oct 30, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2015
Can i watch this without watching anything prior to this? Is the story connected?
Oct 30, 2016 11:59 PM
Feb 2015
Hirugiku said:
Can i watch this without watching anything prior to this? Is the story connected?

No all the DC movies are standalone.
Oct 31, 2016 12:02 AM

Jan 2015
ixarising said:
Hirugiku said:

thanks. I will watch it then. Was always interested in Detective Conan, but it's hell of a long watch, maybe movie will make me hooked
Oct 31, 2016 1:15 AM
Nov 2015
Hirugiku said:
ixarising said:

thanks. I will watch it then. Was always interested in Detective Conan, but it's hell of a long watch, maybe movie will make me hooked

There's a lot of major spoilers here though so watch it at your discretion.
Oct 31, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2011
@Hirugiku, don't judge Conan from this movie!
Not only the series are tonally different (more puzzles and logic, less action) but this is by far the worst Conan movie.

Better watch something like Detective Conan Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven, Detective Conan Movie 10: Requiem of the Detectives (maybe the best Conan movie), Detective Conan Movie 13: The Raven Chaser, Detective Conan Movie 18: The Sniper from Another Dimension or Detective Conan Movie 19: The Hellfire Sunflowers.
They (kind of) represent what is Conan about + more action.

PS
There are also Lupin III vs. Detective Conan and Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie which are pretty good.
megaloadOct 31, 2016 7:42 AM
Oct 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Jan 2015
megaload said:
@Hirugiku, don't judge Conan from this movie!
Not only the series are tonally different (more puzzles and logic, less action) but this is by far the worst Conan movie.

Better watch something like Detective Conan Movie 05: Countdown to Heaven, Detective Conan Movie 10: Requiem of the Detectives (maybe the best Conan movie), Detective Conan Movie 13: The Raven Chaser, Detective Conan Movie 18: The Sniper from Another Dimension or Detective Conan Movie 19: The Hellfire Sunflowers.
They (kind of) represent what is Conan about + more action.

PS
There are also Lupin III vs. Detective Conan and Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie which are pretty good.

Thanks a lot for suggestion. I"ll do just that then, thanks, want to get the best impression i can
Nov 2, 2016 3:00 AM

Jan 2009
The kids riding the wheel, Ran going to the Aquarium and calling Shinichi, Meguri and Takagi going there too, many things seem to be forced into the plot for no good reason other than traditions, the lack of a case was a bit disappointing too, and what bothered me the most was the rushed ending, I mean they didn't even bother showing Conan's reaction when he finds out that Ran and the kids have been in the middle of that mess, they just ended the movie!
Anyway, the action was decent at least, Amuro fighting Akai on top of the wheel was nothing but fanservice, but it was epic so I can't complain.
Gin is as aggressive as always lol, Conan fooling him and everyone else was a bit too much, since they know Curacao is a traitor then that message from RUM should be suspicious, Kir and Bourbon are not safe yet, and somehow that's not supposed to affect the series.
I gotta say though, with all the problems this movie is still one of the best, and it's definitely way better than the 13th movie.
Nov 2, 2016 6:00 AM

Aug 2008
groundfish said:

^This
This movie is the worst Conan movie so far.

People who liked this movie probably can't think of an argument that doesn't involve the appearance of a character, because the plot is dull, not even above average for an action movie.
Kou39Nov 2, 2016 6:22 AM

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Nov 5, 2016 11:41 AM
Mar 2016
Not good at all for me, although i'm glad i can see more Conan and Haibara

Art was inconsistent for me and the story was too weak for Conan movie

AoiYukihira004Nov 5, 2016 11:46 AM
Nov 8, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
sheidesu said:

OMG. THAT VOICE. HATTORI HEIJI'S GONNA BE IN THE 21ST MOVIE <3 CAN'T WAIT FOR APRIL 2017 <3

nice thought this will be last DC movie .

MrRE said:
because the plot is dull, not even above average for an action movie.

I WOULD SAY THE SAME PLOT ISN'T THAT GREAT OR STRONG , but other things have covered for it.

ot:

Dat start some fighting skills she got

lol dat car jump in sky . (subs are bad)

what a headshot by Gin , that ending .

one of best dc movie so far even though some action was overrated but u yeah 7/10

movie that broke the box offices of japan for two hole weeks. Ya know its going to be good.

Nov 8, 2016 3:07 PM
Feb 2015
Nov 16, 2016 3:22 AM
Mar 2010
Awesome movie, if we're only talking about action. Story was a bit of a minus, but all in all, a very good movie.
Nov 23, 2016 3:49 AM

Oct 2016
Yes, Akai is back! So, Sato's ex-boyfriend was Amuro's former mentor.? Interesting stuff..other than that, it doesn't offer much in plot development, so I'll give it a 7.
Nov 25, 2016 12:04 AM
May 2016
Do you guys know if there's a good subs out there?

the_foolsNov 25, 2016 12:08 AM
Dec 3, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2014
The subs hurt my brain

Dec 14, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
Well that really sucked. Felt like they're recycling ideas from past episodes that nearly outed the ones infiltrated their organization, but added new characters only to be killed off and obligatory movies bomb defusing/explosion. Oh and that piece of windshield glass that Conan bothered to pick up? Yeah that was useless. Zero mystery element involved. Let's look at the highlights:

I know it's non-canon filler movie, but she could have been an interesting reoccurring character on the run similar to how Haibara or Akai is, or leave her fate open ended. And dammit, time and time again those kids do something incredibly stupid. And this time, their actions lead directly to a death (and maybe some of the other people on the Ferris wheel they didn't bother to mention). If you think about it, for them to be at the top when the lights show, with the kids in the cabin right before them, the staff would have also let several other people board the following cabins after the agent and the kids butting in line. It's unlikely that every no name character got out of there unscathed when one of the cabins dropped straight down, was shot at by a machine gun on a helicopter, and potentially crushed anyone that was under it. Plot hole that we just assume everyone on board survived with only one death that the story requires. She would have gotten away without having to go back for them if they weren't on the wheel in the first place.

Definitely one of the weaker movies of the bunch.
Estoy_GordoDec 14, 2016 8:39 PM
Dec 17, 2016 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
Curaçao saved the kids,cool.
But those subs sucked a lot, damn.
Dec 20, 2016 11:28 PM
Jan 2015
it's not a bad movie , but it think it focused too much at action for detective conan movie and lack the elements of mystery.That 3 brats especially feel too annoying at this movie.

If I compare it to previous BO movies , i prefer movie 5 despite a lack of casts like Amuro and Akai
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Akai and Amuro

Sol_Ou - Dec 17, 2019

0 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 17, 2019 5:50 PM

» Opening 43 Detective Conan movie 20 (pv)

AllenVonStein - May 14, 2016

1 by removed-user »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:43 PM

» PV

Neonzel - Dec 11, 2015

10 by Dragon »»
Apr 30, 2016 7:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.