[GAME] Animangathon 2017 [SIGNUPS Closed]

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2016 10:52 PM
Feb 2015
Gwendolly said:
Nah, meant that everyone knows that alx watched BnP xD
Also stop trying to find out :D Might aswell go back to the regular recommendation thread!

Question: Do you guys want a new round? If yes, when do you want the names to be revealed? I feel it would look a bit chaotic in here if we do both in the same week.

I'm down for a second round =D

Also whoever recommended my anime/manga, nice choices ^-^
I finished the manga and I'm halfway through both shows ATM, because why study for finals when you can anime, right? >.<
May 2, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2015
I too prefer that we kept this event for once a month.
There's way more suspense that way, and more time for everyone to complete their recs.

However, if someone reeeally can't wait for more recs, I suppose that he/she could simply ask for some by posting on the group's wall! :P
May 2, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2015
I'm also up for next round and I have absolutely no idea who "recced" me! i would very much like to know though! ^^ tsukino-kun was it you? it's someone new since they called me senpai!!
May 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
miyazawa_rin said:
I'm also up for next round and I have absolutely no idea who "recced" me! i would very much like to know though! ^^ tsukino-kun was it you? it's someone new since they called me senpai!!

Nah it wasn't me, Rin-senpai. x3 (That was actually the first time I used it xP)
I actually haven't seen anything from the person I gave my input to. I hope I didn't goof. >w<
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
May 2, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Starting all mine up now. Anime seems really familiar, had it bookmarked on kissanime
May 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Just finished my recommendation, really enjoyed watching it! A lot of fun, enjoyed binging my way through it :)
Thank you Mr. or Miss/Mrs. recommender, I regret not having seen it sooner. I certainly see why it would be one of your favourites!
May 2, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2010
Heck yes the second round!

And I also think that like a week before new round would be good time to reveal the recommenders.
May 2, 2016 11:44 AM
May 2014
I'm about half way with my recommendation! I can't wait to see who gave me this show to watch! I'd say after I'm done with it and review it, it'd would cool if I knew who gave me the show then!
May 2, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
I think I have an idea of who gave me mine
May 3, 2016 5:03 AM

Jan 2015
@Gwendolly sorry to bother you waifu-chan, could you post a list of all participants? I want to try guessing!! ^^ Doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!!
May 3, 2016 5:26 AM

Feb 2014
miyazawa_rin said:
@Gwendolly sorry to bother you waifu-chan, could you post a list of all participants? I want to try guessing!! ^^ Doumo arigatou gozaimasu!!!

Sorry its not gwen

May 3, 2016 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
miyazawa_rin said:

It's on the start of the page plus who got which recommendation
<3
May 3, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
My first recommendation for anime was Lovely Complex, and I think this series was a miss for me. The target audience for the series pg13, so seeing characters fret about things that can easily be fixed with simple communication and generally fumbling around bothered me xD The series was a bit TOO comedic for my taste. It was saved by subtle romantic moments AND I DID CRY ONCE SO, there. I think I definitely would have enjoyed this series more if I saw it in my teens because it reminded me at times how I treated situations when I had a first love, but now I'm just a hard ass :P

My second recommendation for anime was Elfen Lied. This was a series I'd heard of back when it was released in 2004. It's been on my PTW for a long time and just something I never really got around to. I'm glad that I got a chance to watch it, though it wasn't my new favorite thing it definitely had an interesting & engaging storyline. The end left me hanging and not knowing what to do with it, but I found out there's a manga which I intend to read because I need more than 13 eps. Bonus points because it left me craving more once it was over!

Both series OP themes are stuck in my head now, I mind very little however. They were both fabulous :P

It's not easy to recommend things for people, and I recognize that what I asked for was a bit difficult. Nonetheless, I'm in no way ungrateful for the time you took to choose something. Thank you for recommendation! :3
Meido-chanMay 4, 2016 4:07 PM
May 3, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2015

Arigatou!! I don't know if I can guess.... at a loss here XD
May 3, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2016
Gwendolly said:
It's on the start of the page plus who got which recommendation

On this note, mine wasn't updated. xD
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
May 3, 2016 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
Quite liking my rec so far! :>

Prob gonna marathon it on Saturday when I have more time on my hands.
May 4, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2011
To the one who gave me my recommendation

Thank you so much for recommending Black Lagoon to me. I totally can see how surprised you were i hadn't had watched that although i have watched a good amound of the recommendations (baccano, gungrave, Canaan etc.). The reason why i never touched black lagoon was because too much gunnery isn't my thing and although i am aware it is a very popular anime I was afraid i would not get into it and might even hate it. I've watched the other recommendations also after someone told me to, or else on my own i am sure i wouldn't had watched those either.

I really liked Black lagoon a lot! I was prejudiced when i started it but by third episode it drew me in. Levy was awesome l, although she talks too much and those were the times when i was hoping Rock shutting her up by kissing her. But it seems I won't live up to see that ship haha.
The plot was also great, totally liked the action and the show kept me entertained to the last episode.

Thank you again for the wonderful recommendation <3
Can't wait to see who you are. ;O

May 5, 2016 4:19 AM

Jun 2007
Finished mine a little while ago, I really liked it! The first half reminded me a bit of Kino's Journey. The character design took some getting used to, but I was expecting that. Overall it was a very beautiful anime to look at though. I'm actually glad it took me this long to watch it, I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much had I watched it back when it was airing.
May 5, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2015
Uuh said:

Thank you so much for recommending Black Lagoon to me. I totally can see how surprised you were i hadn't had watched that although i have watched a good amound of the recommendations (baccano, gungrave, Canaan etc.). The reason why i never touched black lagoon was because too much gunnery isn't my thing and although i am aware it is a very popular anime I was afraid i would not get into it and might even hate it. I've watched the other recommendations also after someone told me to, or else on my own i am sure i wouldn't had watched those either.

I really liked Black lagoon a lot! I was prejudiced when i started it but by third episode it drew me in. Levy was awesome l, although she talks too much and those were the times when i was hoping Rock shutting her up by kissing her. But it seems I won't live up to see that ship haha.
The plot was also great, totally liked the action and the show kept me entertained to the last episode.

Should watch the Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail if you want more..
May 5, 2016 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
minikobe27 said:
Uuh said:

I will when i finish s2 :P

May 5, 2016 1:19 PM

Jan 2015
Uuh said:

Uuh-chan idk who gave you that rec (surprisingly enough it wasnt me!) but certainly it is a person of wonderful taste! XP
May 5, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2015
minikobe27 said:
Uuh said:

This!!!!! the 3rd season was my favorite!! super intense and spicy! veeeery nice! kobe i see you have good taste... ;)
May 5, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
miyazawa_rin said:
Uuh said:

Uuh-chan idk who gave you that rec (surprisingly enough it wasnt me!) but certainly it is a person of wonderful taste! XP
I guess i will found out next month who gave it to me P;
and yes i know it was not you from the way they wrote why i should watch it haha

May 5, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2015
Uuh said:
miyazawa_rin said:

and yes i know it was not you from the way they wrote why i should watch it haha

welll i could be faking to make your life more difficult...who knows...
May 5, 2016 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
miyazawa_rin said:
Uuh said:

You wouldnt <3

May 5, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
Uuh said:
miyazawa_rin said:

You wouldnt <3

huummm.....

May 5, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
minikobe27 said:

This!!!!! the 3rd season was my favorite!! super intense and spicy! veeeery nice! kobe i see you have good taste... ;)

A good show is a good show, gotta show love.
May 5, 2016 6:42 PM

Dec 2015
Soooo, i didnt know my show (hunterXhunter) had 2 versions of it. I just completed the old one which has 62ep, and now I have no idea where that would leave me in the newer version..

Btw I did enjoy it, I was always put off by this kid in a green turtle neck with a goofy outfit and goofy hair, but I misjudged. Got me watching it one after the other, I think i watched like 20 ep my first day =p
May 5, 2016 7:44 PM

Oct 2011
minikobe27 said:
Soooo, i didnt know my show (hunterXhunter) had 2 versions of it. I just completed the old one which has 62ep, and now I have no idea where that would leave me in the newer version..

Btw I did enjoy it, I was always put off by this kid in a green turtle neck with a goofy outfit and goofy hair, but I misjudged. Got me watching it one after the other, I think i watched like 20 ep my first day =p
2011 is a remake of it but it keeps going where as the old one ended. the 2011 version is freaking amazing, idk if you want to start all over again or figure out where you can jump in halfway since you practically watched the first half of it. but either way youll love it

May 5, 2016 8:12 PM

Dec 2015
Yea I think I found my place in the new one, its just kinda different, especially since I watched the old one dub. But there's still too many questions unaswered and Im already invested so Im def gonna see it thru.
And my guess would have been you..
May 5, 2016 8:27 PM

Oct 2011
nah not me brah. but i mightve given you that one if you were my victim, who knows? you seem to like shounens as much as i do. respect

May 5, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2015
So I finished my anime recommendation and I want to say thank you for recommending such an odd show. The characters were extremely twisted and the story was just as odd. The only gripe I have is the horrible animation other than that I gave it a 8/10

May 5, 2016 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
minikobe27 said:

No, start from the beginning! Allthough they left out some scenes or changed them (for the better). Definitely start from the beginning, so that you start the journey together with Gon :D
<3
May 6, 2016 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
foshay said:
So I finished my anime recommendation and I want to say thank you for recommending such an odd show. The characters were extremely twisted and the story was just as odd. The only gripe I have is the horrible animation other than that I gave it a 8/10
oh god you got aku no hana... I want to watch that too but that animation keeps me away...

May 6, 2016 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
I'm only about 6 episodes into Ergo Proxy but loving it already, thanks reccer! :)

On Aku No Hana, it is worth a watch as it is only thirteen episodes. It was poorly rotoscoped hence the awful animation, apparantly the manga is alright.
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
May 6, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
Meis_Corn said:
I'm only about 6 episodes into Ergo Proxy but loving it already, thanks reccer! :)

On Aku No Hana, it is worth a watch as it is only thirteen episodes. It was poorly rotoscoped hence the awful animation, apparantly the manga is alright.

Ergo Proxy is my all time favorite show! I usually like comedy, rom-com, light hearted stuff, but that show was amazing
May 6, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
Uuh said:
foshay said:
oh god you got aku no hana... I want to watch that too but that animation keeps me away...
you get somewhat used to the animation by episode 4

May 6, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
Aku no Hana: Yea like I said it gets better as you dig in deeper and like foshay also said; you get used to it :P It felt a bit like a korean drama for me, maybe because you're watching actual people acting...
<3
May 6, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2009
aku no hana is amazing. rotoscoping ftw
May 7, 2016 7:26 AM

Jan 2016
Ok finally finished the anime recommendations.

FLCL was hilariously amazing and I didn't have a clue about what was going on half the time but it made me laugh quite a bit.

Deadman Wonderland was not bad but not exactly good, it started to get good about half way through but you could tell by the ending that they definitely wanted to go for a second series which is kind of disappointing as it just ended abruptly.

Guess its time to try and finish of the manga recommendation now.
May 7, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
You guys are all so quick! :D

@alxh94 yea...DW has kinda a read-the-manga-ending...
<3
May 8, 2016 8:01 PM

Aug 2015
Got Shiki as a recommendation. I had my doubts since I read that it was somehow similar to the anime series Another, which I hated. But, it seems to be way better than that, as of now. Thus, I hope it will stay this way.

For those that have seen Shiki, what's up with the hairstyles in that anime? It's so weird xD
May 9, 2016 12:05 AM

Dec 2015
DanteQC said:
Got Shiki as a recommendation. I had my doubts since I read that it was somehow similar to the anime series Another, which I hated. But, it seems to be way better than that, as of now. Thus, I hope it will stay this way.

For those that have seen Shiki, what's up with the hairstyles in that anime? It's so weird xD

The hair is ridiculous indeed.. :3 However, I wouldn't compare it to Another, except that they're both thrillers..
Watch it all, and let us know how you found it!
May 9, 2016 1:39 AM

Jan 2013
ODJ said:

Ergo Proxy is my all time favorite show! I usually like comedy, rom-com, light hearted stuff, but that show was amazing

Yep, Episode 12 now, half way through, this shit is fucking bananas good.

You know an anime is good when you are thinking about it at work instead of actually doing work :)

Oh and btw ODJ, I saw your pic on the what do you look like thread and you look a lot like a friend of mine, i'll put up a pic when I get around to it.
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
May 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
alxh94 said:

FLCL was hilariously amazing and I didn't have a clue about what was going on half the time but it made me laugh quite a bit.

Deadman Wonderland was not bad but not exactly good, it started to get good about half way through but you could tell by the ending that they definitely wanted to go for a second series which is kind of disappointing as it just ended abruptly.

whaaa how could you not like deadman? its one of my faves! and like gwen said it is one of those sadly -.- itll never get a s2 because they left out a main character from the manga, which totally ruins the plot

May 9, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
talonbone said:
alxh94 said:

whaaa how could you not like deadman? its one of my faves! and like gwen said it is one of those sadly -.- itll never get a s2 because they left out a main character from the manga, which totally ruins the plot

Don't get me wrong I didn't think it was that bad, it's just that it seemed as though there were some things that were left out and endings that leave it open for another series only for me to find out there wasn't one annoy me a bit.
May 9, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
yeah i feel the same way. especially since i dont read manga lol. if you like crow watch the OVA. its about him

May 14, 2016 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
I finished my anime rec (Texhnolyze) and quite enjoyed it. I didn't know what was going on almost the entire show but by the end all gets clear. Pretty slow paced but interesting and definitely worthy of a re-watch ^^

Thanks again to the ones who recommended me the anime and the two manga :D
May 15, 2016 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
just finished D Gray Man and like i said before, thank you very much to whoever gave me push to finally start this. youre awesome :D im so glad i tackled that in time for the new season

and ive never been through 100 episodes so quick since bleach, idk how many years ago. 22-24 episode animes usually take me like a month to finish lol. took me about two weeks which is breakneck speed for my standards

May 16, 2016 6:52 PM

Apr 2013
Finished up the anime rec - Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou aka "Notice Me Senpai" the animu XD

I liked it, it was cute and pretty light, and since the manga continues I can certainly see their relationship grow stronger (albeit probably incredibly slow) :3

Thanks recommender! now on to the manga!
ODJMay 17, 2016 6:31 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.