Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 14, 2016 3:07 PM

This is the sickest and greatest manga by Hideshi Hino I've read so far. It's just a damn crazy piece of art. I mean, the rawness, the extremely violent scenes, the repugnance, the wicked and diabolic characters... All of this combined creates a mix of his previous works, a delight for the lover of gore. The only flaw I see in this manga is its slowness in the first chapters. Nevertheless, Panorama of Hell is a must read for everyone who enjoys the horror genre.
Rely on nothing under heaven

Dec 3, 2016 2:44 PM

Maybe I'm just too tired to get it (been nursing a cold for the last week) but I found it somewhat confusing. Not the narrative itself, but the imagery and the reason behind it. I would love to watch a video or read a synopsis as to what everything stood for. I can't really respond to it much more than what I initially get from it. That being:

This manga is brutal. Not a single shred of hope. It borders on offensive with how despicable it can be, but there's always a sense of purpose despite the ending being one that barks, "Meaningless!"

Also, I couldn't help but feel as though I was reading something akin to Eraserhead.