Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2016
PeacefulWard said:
kamisama751 said:

No?​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

To be honest, what Kamisama's doing is right on the border of baiting and just having an opinion. He's not really in the wrong.

Uh uh? This Kami guy is idiotic and just deleted one of his replies to me about him with me replying to him that he's being retarded and telling him to just move the fuck on with his butthurt replies
Apr 15, 2016 9:23 PM

Aug 2012
Yato-Yaboku said:

Uh uh? This Kami guy is idiotic and just deleted one of his replies to me about him with me replying to him that he's being retarded and telling him to just move the fuck on with his butthurt replies

I'm pretty sure a mod deleted it and said to not respond to shitposters/trolls.
Apr 15, 2016 9:47 PM

May 2015
" its basic medical studies" are you referring to the virus? How is it basic medical studies?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
zal said:
" its basic medical studies" are you referring to the virus? How is it basic medical studies?

this is definitely a provocation. i won't explain it again go refer in the Ep1 thread or go home.
Apr 15, 2016 9:53 PM

Feb 2015
The subs were a bit awkward to read but Mumei is so badass. Ikoma is pretty decent too.
Apr 15, 2016 10:04 PM

May 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
zal said:

this is definitely a provocation. i won't explain it again go refer in the Ep1 thread or go home.
No, it is a question. Also the first ep disc has 17 pages and I'm not going to look through it. You could just copy it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2016 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
zal said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

No, it is a question. Also the first ep disc has 17 pages and I'm not going to look through it. You could just copy it.

ah! i see your lazy! its in between page 1 to 8
Apr 15, 2016 10:09 PM

May 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
zal said:

Or you could just copy it here.
Apr 15, 2016 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
zal said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

i already said it once and i will never ever repeat it again. i will not re-explain things that was recently discussed.
Apr 15, 2016 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
Mumei is best girl, simple as that. And samurai bodyguard hater dude needs to check himself before he wrecks himself.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 15, 2016 10:26 PM
Jan 2016
Damn this episode felt so short .Have to wait for a week for another episode :(
Apr 15, 2016 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Felt a whole lot less rushed than the previous episode.
Apr 15, 2016 11:25 PM

Jul 2010
CG said:
I hate that bodyguard of Ayame's, such a narrow-minded guy, not only did he shoot Ikoma without even trying to understand what happened, he wanted to kill him a second time, even after Ikoma saved all of their asses. Good thing Mumei was able to wake up in time to save Ikoma from him for the time being. Which doesn't guarantee that they both won't be shot in the next episode by those "bushi".

Ikoma's friend is a real bro tho'. I have a lot of respect for him now. Him shouting that Ikoma is his friend is the best moment of the episode.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ayame. She's a bit too naive and whimpy for now letting her bodyguard decide for her, I hope she gets her shit together soon and become a badass leader for the survivors.

Yeah, so far Ayame hasn't done much to appeal to me. We got to see her practicing with a bow in episode one, but I'm wondering why she even bothered, because I'm pretty sure that weapon is useless against the kabane.
Apr 16, 2016 12:11 AM

Jun 2014
YOOOOOOOOOO. I AM LOVING THIS SHOW.

GOD DAMN. I am so hyped for this.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 16, 2016 12:17 AM

Oct 2014
Okay, I fail to see the hype over Aimer song
Aimer is a great band and this is a nice ED song, but seriously? it's better than EGOIST OP song? -_-
It's not even better than their song for UBW.

Even though the story is very very cheesy (and a bit annoying,) I actually find it to be "on the right level of realism"
The samurai dude can't be more annoying and the princess can't be more useless... but I'm okay with that, because: that's the truth irl, you know?
How young samurai of old age are always the unflexible type of SJW with their "sense of duty"...
and since when a princess is useful, other than as a symbol? aka a fan service? a dreamy-life-like development because everybody wants to marry good-looking & rich with high status girl/boy?

But, still doesn't change the fact that samurai dude is making me cringe 24/7.
And it's literally SnK copy-paste-"let's add some train because it looks cool"-edit

and I wonder where does Ikoma look at

Fat guy best character. And let me guess: he's going to die in 2-3 episodes, yes?
Apr 16, 2016 12:57 AM

Oct 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Barion-Zara said:
The OP visuals are amazing. Love the ED song more tho. It's so good!
Still not better than Re:zero's ED imo but pretty close.

How is Mumei so <3

Mumei is deff girl of the season ~ Love her fighting style

Right!

Man the opening and ending are both awesome. So Mumei is also a kabaneri huh. The action sequences are also very nice. I am coming to like the MC more and more.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 16, 2016 1:22 AM
Feb 2011
rayeine said:
The subs were a bit awkward to read but Mumei is so badass. Ikoma is pretty decent too.

I found the subs worse than a bit awkward very little is actually well synced up and most of it is unsplit. In the delay thread I posted my retimed sub that attempts to sync things up a bit better.
Apr 16, 2016 1:26 AM

Dec 2009
I'm starting to really like this anime, maybe I'll like it more than AOT.I loved the ED song.

For those,who keep saying this AOT rip off, I'ļl admit it has some similarities ( for example,some of the zombie scences reminded me of AOT) but I wont call it that yet so soon.
Apr 16, 2016 1:33 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Milk_is_Special said:
So this is literally Attack on Titan with

I don't know why it has such a high score, since it's a fucking rip off!

Except it's really not
It really is.
1. MC gets the power of the monsters.
2. MC is presumeably dead, but he somehow isn't.
3. girl character is the most bad ass of the show.
4. They are within a city surrounded by walls, which they leave because it gets invaded by monsters.
5. MC's side bitch is a guy who cries about every single thing.

Do I need to continue?!
Apr 16, 2016 1:35 AM

Apr 2014
Chickened said:
Pkmntrainercam said:
I really liked this episode, but that pretty boy samurai Kurusu seems like a total prick so far...

Milk_is_Special said:
So this is literally Attack on Titan with

I don't know why it has such a high score, since it's a fucking rip off!

Promising action with good animation/art and OST. This is guaranteed a high-score.
but that would mean shows like Yoru no Yatterman and Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid should get a high score too, which they clearly don't, for some reason.
Apr 16, 2016 1:55 AM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:

You realize that's not the full song right?

yeeeeeeeep! >_<"""""
Apr 16, 2016 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
It really is.
1. MC gets the power of the monsters.
2. MC is presumeably dead, but he somehow isn't.
3. girl character is the most bad ass of the show.
4. They are within a city surrounded by walls, which they leave because it gets invaded by monsters.
5. MC's side bitch is a guy who cries about every single thing.

Do I need to continue?!

3. Levi is a thing
5. The only one who cried in the episode was the mc, his friend has actually been a bro so far.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 16, 2016 2:23 AM
Oct 2007
wowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow

i can do this the whole day, ikr.. lol. seriously off the chart execution wise
Apr 16, 2016 2:38 AM
Mar 2015
Mumei was a fcking badass here. i want more plss
Apr 16, 2016 2:39 AM

Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
A-list_96 said:

Too lazy to list the similarities, but you're either blind or a massive fanboy if you don't see the similarities.
All of which have existed in LITERALLY EVERY POST APOCALYPTIC SERIES THERE IS

AoT is not the top of the bar here people

What I have against it even more than the similarities in the setting is that it takes a lot of the story elements from AoT. So it's really boring to watch. Nothing new here.
Apr 16, 2016 2:43 AM

Sep 2015
I might be shooting in the dark here but, considering the scene in the opening theme (which jaw dropping in my opinion) where lying on the ground he glimpses up towards an image of a girl, which is very much reminiscent of the girl that died in his flashback, with that girl changing her image into I believe Mumei? And since Mumei has revealed to be a Kabaneri, perhaps the girl ''killed'' in his torturous past is in fact Mumei that had survived the bite and morphed into a Kabaneri?

Either that or it's just simple reference to whom he desires to protect and share his life with, just implying that Mumei will be as a significant factor in his life as the girl from his childhood once was. I do hope it's the first one tho :P
What a good and thought through comment. Raise some PogChamps in the chat!
Apr 16, 2016 2:44 AM

Apr 2016
Mumei is amazing and cute. The fight scenes is amazing. I can't think of anything that can be better than Koutetsujou no Kabaneri this season because of its amazing animation and cool fighting scenes.

Can't wait for the next episodes!!!

Apr 16, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Hongu said:
For those wondering, yes the version we got was censored.

http://imgur.com/cd4AQD3 if it doesn't play (it doesn't work for me for some reason)

Hooooly shit! Wow Mumei you SAVAGE

O__O HOLY!!! I WANT ORIGINAL UNCENSORED OFFICIAL VERSION!!!

also that make one thing that I have wondered ever since I saw Mumei Kick that one Kabane's Head off in episode 1 obvious or some what Clear....Even if Kabane's can be killed by Piercing the Heart.....You cut their Head Off they become as good as useless....And so far I haven't seen anything that shows us that they can regenerate...
JarjaxleApr 16, 2016 2:55 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 16, 2016 2:45 AM

Apr 2008
SvassySenpai-Kun said:
I might be shooting in the dark here but, considering the scene in the opening theme (which jaw dropping in my opinion) where lying on the ground he glimpses up towards an image of a girl, which is very much reminiscent of the girl that died in his flashback, with that girl changing her image into I believe Mumei? And since Mumei has revealed to be a Kabaneri, perhaps the girl ''killed'' in his torturous past is in fact Mumei that had survived the bite and morphed into a Kabaneri?

Either that or it's just simple reference to whom he desires to protect and share his life with, just implying that Mumei will be as a significant factor in his life as the girl from his childhood once was. I do hope it's the first one tho :P

I would go with option two personally.
Apr 16, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
SvassySenpai-Kun said:

I would go with option two personally.

yep, my opinion too.

there is post from Necromia that has other opinions if interested... post 254
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 16, 2016 3:01 AM

May 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
zal said:

i already said it once and i will never ever repeat it again. i will not re-explain things that was recently discussed.
"this is quite basic medical studies
the heart is has more functions than the brain itself. it distributes blood and oxygen (blood carries oxygen) to the brain thus the first target of infection is the heart. once the heart gets infected the whole body will be infected twice as much faster.

infections spreads throu out your blood and the heart pumps it faster if its infected. adrenaline can also increase its infection rate 3x fold. if you choke yourself the oxygen going to your brain will fall under thus infection stops.

this is my observation with that scene."

I don't see how that explains the death of the virus. If you choke yourself no new oxygen will arrive to your brain but there are still the reserves of oxygen inside the cells that can last for a minute. Chocking yourself shouldn't stop the infection if it really is a virus, also without further explanation it makes no sense for the virus to regress (assuming it is a virus comparable to real ones).
Apr 16, 2016 3:29 AM
Jul 2018
zal said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

the heart is has more functions than the brain itself. it distributes blood and oxygen (blood carries oxygen) to the brain thus the first target of infection is the heart. once the heart gets infected the whole body will be infected twice as much faster.

infections spreads throu out your blood and the heart pumps it faster if its infected. adrenaline can also increase its infection rate 3x fold. if you choke yourself the oxygen going to your brain will fall under thus infection stops.

I don't see how that explains the death of the virus. If you choke yourself no new oxygen will arrive to your brain but there are still the reserves of oxygen inside the cells that can last for a minute. Chocking yourself shouldn't stop the infection if it really is a virus, also without further explanation it makes no sense for the virus to regress (assuming it is a virus comparable to real ones).

refer to the word "observation" i can see you love to jump directly to conclussion without proper observation. oh i didn't explain it further its still a stepping stone how one person "turns" so there's no answer to the question on "How the virus died out?"

btw not all virus works same way the other. you can put as many ideas as you can on how you want the virus works but the most common thing is "to infect" (refer that to a Bio Simulator game).

this is why i don't jump to conclusion without proper evidence to back-up with it.
Apr 16, 2016 3:39 AM

May 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
zal said:

refer to the word "observation" i can see you love to jump directly to conclussion without proper observation. oh i didn't explain it further its still a stepping stone how one person "turns" so there's no answer to the question on "How the virus died out?"

btw not all virus works same way the other. you can put as many ideas as you can on how you want the virus works but the most common thing is "to infect" (refer that to a Bio Simulator game).

this is why i don't jump to conclusion without proper evidence to back-up with it.
All viruses survive inside living cells so until he lives the infection shouldn't stop. Until a reason or excuse is presented in the show what happened makes no sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if later on we discover that it isn't a virus but something else.
zalApr 16, 2016 3:44 AM
Apr 16, 2016 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
zal said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

All viruses survive inside living cells so until he lives the infection shouldn't stop. Until a reason or excuse is presented in the show, what happened makes no sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if later one the show would say it isn't a virus but something else.

just my thought on this
the answer lies somewhere else so observing it may only gives us clues.

another thing is this question
Will they be able to return to normal selves? (look at their heart its iron-clad coated and only a virus could do something like that, well who knows we'll never get the exact answers we all seek for this.
Apr 16, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2015
Kuro_Mizuki said:
zal said:
All viruses survive inside living cells so until he lives the infection shouldn't stop. Until a reason or excuse is presented in the show, what happened makes no sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if later one the show would say it isn't a virus but something else.

just my thought on this

Will they be able to return to normal selves? (look at their heart its iron-clad coated and only a virus could do something like that, well who knows we'll never get the exact answers we all seek for this.
If you look back this discussion started with debating if it is a virus or not. For the characters it is a virus but that is not a proof or reliable back-up, it is an assumption. Sure it is something supernatural and if it will be coherent I will accept it.

However another issue is the iron coat that without explanation is just bs. Human bodies have 4 grams of iron in their body and I would say that is not enough for the coat. Moreover it means kabane survive without oxygen because without iron in the red cells the blood can't carry enough oxygen for all the body.
Apr 16, 2016 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
zal said:
Kuro_Mizuki said:

just my thought on this

If you look back this discussion started with debating if it is a virus or not. For the characters it is a virus but that is not a proof or reliable back-up, it is an assumption. Sure it is something supernatural and if it will be coherent I will accept it.

However another issue is the iron coat that without explanation is just bs. Human bodies have 4 grams of iron in their body and I would say that is not enough for the coat. Moreover it means kabane survive without oxygen because without iron in the red cells the blood can't carry enough oxygen for all the body.

tissues, cell, DNA, Anti-bodies we can think of any possibilities but we'll end up in a Dead End.
idk if this is similar to the virus on that anime movie, which one person turns to stone but it would still lead us to another Dead End.

in the Bio Inc simulator you can see alot of possibilities on how you want a virus to infect a patient. i haven't played it fully so it's is either possible or impossible to explain as it is.
Apr 16, 2016 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
Mumei is the best girl of the season, no doubt! (*>v<)ゞ*゜+ (*>v<)ゞ*゜+
Thank you for being a part of me.
I have already forgiven myself.
Apr 16, 2016 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
"We are not Humans, we are Kabaneri !!" :D
Apr 16, 2016 4:58 AM

Dec 2012
ColdBreeze said:
I really can't understand how someone could like Mumei tbh. Same for Ayame.

Her "I'm better"-attitude pisses me off. So arrogant and narcissistic. Far away from best girl of the season for me.. probably most annoying so far.
And her badassery won't save her shitty personality.

At least, Mumei has a personality and so early in the series to boot.

"Shitty" is better :}
Apr 16, 2016 5:12 AM

Jan 2015
Hongu said:

http://imgur.com/cd4AQD3 if it doesn't play (it doesn't work for me for some reason)

Was it the only part censored?
Apr 16, 2016 5:23 AM

Apr 2015
Xenocrisi said:

No. The censored version is around 2 minutes shorter so a lot of scenes got cut.
Apr 16, 2016 5:24 AM

Apr 2008
Fappa said:
Xenocrisi said:

No. The censored version is around 2 minutes shorter so a lot of scenes got cut.

Oh wow. Welp gonna watch it again when the full version comes out then
Apr 16, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2011
ColdBreeze said:
I really can't understand how someone could like Mumei tbh. Same for Ayame.

Her "I'm better"-attitude pisses me off. So arrogant and narcissistic. Far away from best girl of the season for me.. probably most annoying so far.
And her badassery won't save her shitty personality.

I love her shitty personality.
she didn't show any narcissism though,and I'm ok with her arrogance since she does better than others, and she knows things nobody knows.

Hongu said:

Ohhh why did they remove such a cool scene :s
Apr 16, 2016 5:46 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
Xenocrisi said:

Oh man...I'll have to re-watch the episode. I hate censored anime.
Apr 16, 2016 5:50 AM

Oct 2009
Hongu said:

OMGGG lol. That would've been nice.

Where'd you find the uncensored version though? :)

Apr 16, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2013
Fappa said:
Xenocrisi said:

Oh, that's good. Something to look forward to next week.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Apr 16, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Aside from the funny subs "Peasant-chan" and "DAIJOBU" LOL
the ep was great!
Mumei was badass
Ikoma was bae badass
True friend was goodass
Blue Samurai was shitass

I can't wait to see why they're Kabaneri. On to ep 3! :D

Apr 16, 2016 6:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
A-list_96 said:
Tokoya said:
All of which have existed in LITERALLY EVERY POST APOCALYPTIC SERIES THERE IS

AoT is not the top of the bar here people

What I have against it even more than the similarities in the setting is that it takes a lot of the story elements from AoT. So it's really boring to watch. Nothing new here.
AoT's story elements exists in every post apocalyptic series....Is AoT the only one that you've seen so far?

Ever heard of Muv-Luv? The Walking Dead? HOTD? Anything? All of which is the same story....People backed into a corner because the world is on the.brink I annihilation via a threat that seemingly cannot be stopped or cured until some breakthrough happens whereas Humanity are able to fight back

And get it in your heads people....Nothing will be completely original because virtually everything has been done already and the sooner you understand this, the sooner you will stop judging a series based off of that reason alone and pay attenron to the presentation of said show/how its handled
TokoyaApr 16, 2016 6:11 AM
Apr 16, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2012
cantkeepupwiththepaceholyshit

so he stopped the virus from spreading and infecting his brain by choking himself? he stopped his blood flow, which means that oxygen was not transmitted to his brain, right? so he had a stroke but he's totally fine afterwards? what?
also, why stop the blood flow to the brain and not the heart?
maybe someone becomes a kabaneri when the virus mutates?
i hope we get some answers in the following episodes...

kurusu is such a bastard, i love him so much!!!
peasant-chan noooo T^T

Apr 16, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Oh man...I'll have to re-watch the episode. I hate censored anime.

Yeah definitely. It will make Mumei's fight scenes 10 times more badass.

Well, I guess we can be happy to have an episode at all. This will make the 2 week wait for episode 3 harder though :/
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.