Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 14, 2016 5:12 PM

May 2015
Akane's such a tsundere. And Ako can't tell the game from real life? I expect some character development... But isn't a little bit strange that they kept switching Akane and Kyou from male to female, male to female, male to female?
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Apr 14, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
Fun episode, I like the females we currently have, although Ako really needs to change. Also, I want a fucking kissing scene!
Apr 14, 2016 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
Kinda cringy but funny.

Hi there
Apr 14, 2016 6:43 PM

Jul 2010
Findulas said:
ExoticBankai said:

That's how it is for hundred of anime unfortunately....

Excuse me...? I am over 18, and I am still enjoying this. Maybe it is because I spent so much time gaming, and dealing with stuff like this (well, except not being able to tell apart game from reality, that is new). This anime does great job at portraying gaming, and net gaming especially. Add some moe, some jokes, some fanservice, and a premise of a potentially good story.... what is there not to like ?

Yeah same here man, reading those statements are one of the dumbest thing I've read on the internet a while now, like what.

Really enjoyed this ep like the first, my kind of humor.
Apr 14, 2016 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
The Cringe of this, it's pure gold. I liked the manga, (Haven't had time to read the LN) and the anime is incredibly good, really makes me laught, Ako's cuteness and delusions are great.

>Ako's love is purest than normies love
10/10 , my sides.

SirWithCoffee said:
Touma, is that you?!

--------

Findulas said:

Excuse me...? I am over 18, and I am still enjoying this.

You're not alone. I'm 25 and I'm enjoy this stuff. *laughs*

+1, my fellow comrades, 22 and I still enjoy this.
Apr 14, 2016 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
Well it's more funny than the manga at least.

That reference of Kamijou Touma at the ending...
Apr 14, 2016 7:03 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty funny seeing Ako having a screw loose in her head.

Get to see some male nekomimi next ep!
Apr 14, 2016 7:20 PM

Jun 2015
Just a question...
Why are people already calling this a "generic harem ecchi anime"?
(ps. I'm up to date on the manga...and i still don't know how they came to that conclusion.)
Apr 14, 2016 7:25 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed this episode, mainly in the middle, while the ending left us off at a bit of a surprise.
Apr 14, 2016 7:37 PM

Feb 2016
This show genuinely surprised me. I knew I'd enjoy it a little, but Ako's interactions with "Rusian" and "Schwein" before homeroom had me laughing out loud. I can't wait to see how this progresses.
Apr 14, 2016 7:47 PM
Oct 2013
they made an anime about my life ;___;

I get ako's feeling so much ! Me and my real-life husband met on a mmorpg ^-^
Apr 14, 2016 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
Ako delusional obsession might cost someone their dear life in the future. That being said, this episode is entertaining, but the character shifting in game is bad, I'd rather have Schwein and Master stay males in-game, that would make their reaction more hilarious.

Also clearly the neko-sensei is an older women acting out of her age.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 14, 2016 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
Master just got hot in the game... Yes
Ako is a pretty interesting character with hedeiki and all
Apr 14, 2016 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
Aww Ako knows this game her whole life?

Cat girl is back YAY
Apr 14, 2016 8:40 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm liking how they detailed the lips and not made them bland, it makes the girls look like they are wearing lipstick.

It would be awkward if someone called me by my game now, although for others it would be even more awkward. Some people have them why names, like NoobHunter45.

Seeing Ako's airhead personality is fun to watch. Kyoh should have just sent locked them two in that solitary confinement room. Maybe then Ako could tell between game and reality.

Cat girl is back. I wonder if she was telling the truth.

Apr 14, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2014
Well this has some interesting quirks for sure. Ako is an interesting character, basically she has real life standing issues which is why she cannot differentiate well how the two worlds work like, and well considering how her background may be like I guess it isn't that impossible to figure, hopefully they expand on that.

Now what is cute to watch is that Ako with all her naivete and her own internal struggles really seems to love Rusian genuinely, which is sweet.

Our president Master is the troll character and our tsundy Schew is gonna be the support I guess?

Also that fanservice scene with the picture of all the characters as girls was......unique. Ako making things complicated for everybody was also fun to watch.

All in all it seems like this will be Haganai meets KonoSuba or something like that '-'
Apr 14, 2016 9:46 PM

Apr 2016
A lot of people seem to have gotten the impression that Ako can't differentiate between games and reality, but has any of you considered this possibility? What if Ako can differentiate between games and reality, but chooses not to differentiate between the two?

From the previous episode, we know that she doesn't have any friends in real life and, from these two episodes, that Ako isn't very social. While there aren't any signs that she's being bullied, I think it's pretty safe to say that Ako finds her game life to be much more fulfilling than her real life. This can lead to fear of real society and unease about the future, in which case averting one's eyes from reality is one of the easiest and most common methods of escape.

Some people might see that as weakness, and I suppose they would be right. I would argue, however, that humans are inherently weak creatures. If we weren't weak, we wouldn't need tools. Or entertainment. Or other people.

Of course, one can never deny the possibility that it's Ako's yandere side that refuses to distinguish between games and reality.

Eve778 said:
Akane's such a tsundere. And Ako can't tell the game from real life? I expect some character development... But isn't a little bit strange that they kept switching Akane and Kyou from male to female, male to female, male to female?

The first switch shows Rusian's changed image of them, but I think the following switches are supposed to emphasize the fact that they're going out of character. It's most obvious with Schwein because the way she speaks (types, really, since it's actually in-game chat) changes: her manner of speech changes from Schwein's masculine one (俺様/お前/だ/ぜ/だろう/か?) to Akane's feminine one (あたし/あんた/なの/の/でしょ/の?). It's a MMORPG, after all; the players all create characters and play as them, not as themselves... but it's hard to completely separate one's real self from one's character, especially when talking with real-life acquaintances.

The transformation effect also kind of emphasizes the fact that Ako is the same in-game and in real life, because her appearance doesn't change. Personally, I like it, but I agree that the sudden swap looks a little strange when watching.
Nanashiki_NozomuApr 15, 2016 12:23 AM
Apr 14, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2010
Huh, still good and funny, kinda surprised.

i wonder why Cat girl is back.
Apr 14, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
After watching the episode I feel somewhat sorry for those IRL people I met from online games and calling them their game names and not their real names lots and I mean lots of times lol (;゜ロ゜) It was easier that way to me and honestly I tried to call them their real names but I simply went back to using their game names without thinking about it even now I use their game names lol. So I can relate to Ako on how she is though in some aspects of not distinguishing game from RL.

Anyways, I am really interested who neko is and hoping it's really a girl and not a guy cuz in episode 1 what she said isn't true cuz I met a real woman who role played like that. The avatar changing real time is an interesting thing based on Schwein chat window which switches from male/female form which I don't think has been done like that besides going from normal to chibi like that one show Himouto! Umaru-chan. That OP is really giving me vibes of Oreimo too much, the nostalgia... sigh.
radleApr 14, 2016 10:35 PM
Apr 14, 2016 10:39 PM

Apr 2011
I just found out that Segawa had the share the same voice as Chino in gochiusa and Nekone in Utawarerumono 2.
Apr 14, 2016 11:35 PM

Sep 2015
Ako's behavior is more annoying than fun. I was facepalming during the whole classroom scene. How cool is a Net Game Club though. Segawa is awesome though, too bad she's not the heroine. Ako was cute in a pitiful way, may Rusian have the strength to stand her. 3/5
Apr 14, 2016 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
I said this the first episode and i'm gonna say it again, I really did not think I was gonna like this series this much. It's pretty much the best of the season so far for me. Man that ending song was 10/10 literally any song nanjou sings I will buy every edition of. The character designs are great too, its really standing out more now that i'm on the second episode. I'm getting a haganai/ oreimo vibe from this and its going great for me :D
Apr 14, 2016 11:58 PM

Feb 2015
During the first episode I was thinking "This may just be the typical harem storyline with Fantasy RPG thrown into it", but after that episode I'm thinking a little differently.
1) The fact that Ako cannot distinguish fantasy from reality is quite important as many of the younger generations (being brought up by technology) may be losing sight of that slightly. This is not only an interesting topic to cover in an anime, but I feel that if they do it right, it could be brilliant.
2) Starting to see character developments keeps me very interested. Each character is progressing at a steady pace, but fast enough that I believe I will understand them more by the later episodes.

--- No spoilers please ---
The first 5 minutes of this episode and the way that Ako is portrayed in the opening, and the amime, gives me a horrible feeling that something will happen to her. If this anime goes the way I feel it will, tears may be shed. I hope it doesn't, but I hope it does at the same time.
Apr 15, 2016 12:24 AM

Mar 2014
Whenever Ako goes into psycho mode it really reminds me of the Hex maniacs from Pokemon, especially with how similar they both look...

DMindApr 15, 2016 12:29 AM
Apr 15, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
Lel what you need a high specs pc for that online game? lmao.

Anyway funny, although some things don't make sense. xD
Apr 15, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2016
Rusian is so lucky because she have Ako. XD

I can't wait for the new development between Rusian and Ako in next episodes.

Apr 15, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2014
now this is my kind of cancer
Apr 15, 2016 2:20 AM

Sep 2015
Psycho moe big boobs... Nope, I'm on Akane's side, tsundere always wins my heart <3
Apr 15, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2016
i can see why people would drop it because it's so cringe and i feel like i shouldn't be liking it as much as i am but it some how just works and i luv it haha and i'm interested to see where it goes from here i hope we see more of them play the game or ako sucks them into it or something!!
Apr 15, 2016 3:50 AM

May 2010
Schwein/Segawa is such a best girl, I just can't see how she's not considered the over-all best girl. Ako is just a clueless idiot, tho ye she keeps things interesting. Annoying though.
On top of it, Schwein has the best chemistry with the MC, I want them to end up together so damn much! But ye, them being best friends works, too. Which means Ako and Nishi should never become best friends.

Master is nice, too.

Fun episode, I'm liking this now.
TragicRomanceApr 15, 2016 3:58 AM
Apr 15, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2011
Really fun episode. I honestly can't see Ako fixing her personality.

I hope that the cat girl will spice things up a bit ^_^
Apr 15, 2016 4:59 AM
Nov 2015
my favorite anime this season! :)
Apr 15, 2016 6:01 AM

Jan 2013
If an anime gives me a relaxing feeling. I'll rate it 5/5.
Apr 15, 2016 6:09 AM

Dec 2013
Well done Ako for breaking down cliches of keeping secret identities secret. Their secret identity didn't last even half a day, hahaha!

Essentially this is as I remember it from the manga.
Looking forward to what happens with the fake Neko girl and Ako's Yan moments next.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 15, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
SirWithCoffee said:

Findulas said:

Excuse me...? I am over 18, and I am still enjoying this.

25 here too and I'm already loving this anime!

Isn't Ako-chan the cutest girl ever?
Apr 15, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2013
PolisChan said:
Opening REALLY reminds me of ClariS - Irony. Like REALLY REALLY reminds me of it.

Same, especially the opening instrumental.
Also, Segawa is without a doubt the best girl in this series. I'm loving it so far :3
Apr 15, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2011
Damn. I usually hate tsundere characters but Segawa is the real deal. I like her a lot. The club application baiting in the end is very funny. I can relate somehow because my PC is also a hand-me-down back in the old days.
Apr 15, 2016 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
Inori_is_love said:
I think the original guy who catfished him was actually a girl lying for harem... sorry, "plot" purposes

I wouldn't doubt that, definitely add some drama to the action.

Really liking this show. I hope they don't break up Ako-Russian paring. That's one of the really likeable aspects of the show to me. Hopefully Russian's barrier gets broke down and he actually falls for ako irl. I know it's got harem vibe but maybe it can keep this together, think it will much funnier this way.
Apr 15, 2016 7:20 AM
Mar 2016
ridley388 said:

Seriously, her cuteness is so dangerous! I think I have to call the dentist! *laughs*

Joking aside, her cuteness is real! Her smiles <3 her pure personality <3
Apr 15, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
Zahylon said:
The Cringe of this, it's pure gold. I liked the manga, (Haven't had time to read the LN) and the anime is incredibly good, really makes me laught, Ako's cuteness and delusions are great.

>Ako's love is purest than normies love
10/10 , my sides.

SirWithCoffee said:
Touma, is that you?!

--------

+1, my fellow comrades, 22 and I still enjoy this.

I'm 38 and I enjoy this too.
Apr 15, 2016 7:37 AM

Jan 2016
ridley388 said:
SirWithCoffee said:

SirWithCoffee said:
ridley388 said:

Seriously, her cuteness is so dangerous! I think I have to call the dentist! *laughs*

Joking aside, her cuteness is real! Her smiles <3 her pure personality <3

+1 Older than that myself and find It quite enjoyable

It ridiculous, when she goes into crazy mode it's more so.
Maverick-samaApr 15, 2016 8:10 AM
Apr 15, 2016 7:56 AM

Oct 2014
i am really enjoying this episode..the scene at the classroom is so funny
Apr 15, 2016 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
Did anyone notice the Merlion(statue of a creature with a lion's head and fish's tail) picture before the commercial break? YEAH SINGAPORE!

Pretty funny episode.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Apr 15, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2015
Hilarious episode.
Apr 15, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2014
How is Segawa considered the best girl, again? I don't see anything differentiating her from the typical, annoying tsundere.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
Pretty great, i hope the romance fully develops.

Mascera said:
So Rusian's perspective changed ever since that meetup? Well, I guess that's just normal considering the truth he just find out.And just looking at how Akane trying to be friendly that all of a sudden is so funny.
And Ako's air-headed behavior in this episode is somehow annoying more than fun to watch.
Yeah this is pretty normal, it takes practice to not impose reality in on your mental image of someone's game character. ESPECIALLY when it comes to gender. It's really hard to treat a character female if you know the player is male, or vice versa.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 15, 2016 10:09 AM
May 2010
This series surprised me by taking that turn of having Ako be unable to distinguish between game and reality, but as a result, it looks like we might end up seeing some themes that are fairly new, or rather, some situations and contexts that those whom grew up and played Mmorpgs (particularly those whom engaged in some form of rp) might find similar traits in.

I also agree with the idea that Ako might be chosing to ignore the barrier because that makes life easier for her, you saw how gloomy and sad she appeared to be in episode one after all. That said though, she might genuinely not be able to differentiate between the two settings, but regardless of which, I'm sure we'll see some interesting problems be brought up and resolved, hopefully in a nice and, not too dramatic manner.
Apr 15, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
ridley388 said:
SirWithCoffee said:

I'm almost 26 here, and I enjoy this too.

Agreed on Ako, she is sweet.
Apr 15, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
Looks OK but rather hollow at the moment, Ako is an original character but she's also too unrealistic
Apr 15, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
god dammit man is she really that stupid
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

331 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 2, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

142 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.