Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Anne Happy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2013
No new ep next week...? Wonder why

Didn't like this as much as the first ep, but it was still enjoyable. I hope Ren and the other girl with her will show up more since they're kinda the reason I started watching this :') Timothy seems cool though, can't wait to see more of him
Apr 14, 2016 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
robotical said:
No new ep next week...? Wonder why

No, there will be a new episode next week. The April 28th just refers to the date in the show itself. At the end of episode 1, it also said April 11th, and in the episode that aired today (well, yesterday), the chalkboard shows April 11th.

E: Also, does anyone know what Hanako's misfortune is? All I got from the episode was that her unluckiness is supernatural (well I mean, I suppose everyone's is to an extent, but you know what I mean) and that there are invisible spirits or ghosts involved. That's just my assumption anyway, since she heard the cryptic voice in her headphones.
ShishimaiApr 14, 2016 11:18 PM
Apr 15, 2016 2:37 AM

Mar 2011
Another cute episode! Ruri is so adorable :3
Apr 15, 2016 2:54 AM

Nov 2012
this was a fun episode, i love the scene where all the animals were running after the girls haha.
Apr 15, 2016 2:55 AM

May 2010
The OP is too cute <3

Idc about Hibari's love interest. 2ridiculous4me. Feel like they are overdoing it.

Eh... Timothy... I'm not feeling this.

The vending machine joke... Meh.

Botan's strength is ridiculously low. I just can't believe it, seems too farfetched even by anime logic.

Hmmm I couldn't feel this episode tbh, forced episode is forced. I wanted it to finish as soon as possible. The comedy was meh, and the SoL was kinda okay. Hope next episode is better, the short-haired girl and the tsundere redhead might make it better.
So far, Sanshuu Sanyou seems more promising than this.

The ED is nice!
Apr 15, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2013
Do you like animals to, ma'am?
- I specialize in eating them.....
Damn girl! :O

this anime have a weird sense of humor but its hilarious to watch :)
Apr 15, 2016 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
Episode 2
Lol this was amusing. Funny physical examination. Botan keeps gaining weight because her boobs can't stop getting big.

Lol Hanako's vending machine errand. Vending machines don't give you stuff randomly. You don't need to pray that it gives you what you want. But then again, it's not her fault someone put the wrong drinks in it. Although judging by the aftermath, this happens with her a little too often lol.

The checking out the clubs part was hilarious. Botan is extremely weak and she was trying out the athletics club lol. Hibari tried out the cooking club but didn't want to join it.

Speaking of Hibari, the hell is up with her? Did she seriously fall in love with a sorry for the inconvenience sign? Dammit man!

For some reason, Hanako isn't coming off as extremely annoying. Usually would want to punch such characters in the face for being extremely stupid and annoying and whatnot. But I'm not getting that feeling here. She's actually coming off as somewhat cute at times. Weird. But I don't mind.

Now we're getting another pair of unlucky girls who are part of the animal petting club or something. The red haired girl is probably overly clumsy and has a terrible sense of direction whereas the other girl gets the attention of animals a little too much.

After listening to the ED once more, I think it's growing on me. The ED is kinda good.
Apr 15, 2016 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
Timothy's animation really bugged me but aside from that, I loved this episode -w-
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 15, 2016 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Episode in the same vein as above, storytelling and nice and quite funny even in some cases. Drawings and animations OK, in this episode complex does not regret anything. Cute the opening, I love it! I look forward to the next episode. It's nice the End-card.
Apr 15, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 2016
Seeing hibari makes me think that her misfortune is not a tragic love but more to some kind of mental disorder. And once again, dream theater's six degrees of inner turbulence played in my mind everytime i see her flustered by the sign board.
Apr 15, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
Hibari's 'love' is really too off for a heterosexual young male to understand, not amusing neither. She is very attractive though

Second half was a bit rushed
Apr 15, 2016 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
and now they have a robot rabbit and Botan seriously get hurt from just about everything
Apr 15, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
please please please introduce the other two in the next ep,i sense they have a crush on eachother or something like that...

other then that,it was a cute episode,OP and ED are really nice too.
Apr 15, 2016 6:18 PM

May 2012
animefan8800 said:
Does Bakuon or Kuma Miko count as moe? Cause they both beat the shit out of this, and I like this for the record. But it's clearly middle of the pack with Sansha Sanyou and maybe Haifuri. Flying Witch for the record, though not moe, destroys all 5 shows I just mentioned.

What about Boku no Hero Academia? It's better than all the ones you mentioned, since you are comparing this anime to Flying Witch which is completely different and has a totally different feel than Anne Happy i think we can compare to anything else.

While we are at this, what about Koutetsujou no Kabaneri?
I despise woke people.
Apr 15, 2016 7:20 PM

Jan 2012
Kaetokiha said:
animefan8800 said:
Does Bakuon or Kuma Miko count as moe? Cause they both beat the shit out of this, and I like this for the record. But it's clearly middle of the pack with Sansha Sanyou and maybe Haifuri. Flying Witch for the record, though not moe, destroys all 5 shows I just mentioned.

Flying Witch which is completely different and has a totally different feel than Anne Happy i think we can compare to anything else.

Now, now Flying Witch is a fair comparison and you know it. It's a mostly female cast that's slice of life and has cgdct, it's just not in moe blob art style.
Apr 15, 2016 9:40 PM

Jan 2014
Hibari's tragic love.. welp
Apr 15, 2016 10:44 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Uhhh....really....the part when Hibari told the others why she loves that construction sign made me feel something I've never felt before....
I didn't know whether that scene is funny, or sweet, or creepy.

I hope Ren and that redhead would be introduced next episode.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 15, 2016 10:46 PM

May 2012
animefan8800 said:
Kaetokiha said:

Flying Witch which is completely different and has a totally different feel than Anne Happy i think we can compare to anything else.

Now, now Flying Witch is a fair comparison and you know it. It's a mostly female cast that's slice of life and has cgdct, it's just not in moe blob art style.

But their style are different and i think their appeal to target audience is also different Anne Happy is a MOE anime where we most likely will have low plot development and more cute and funny things with the girls. I doubt anyone pick this kind of anime expecting to have superb plot and character development...you just want to see the cute girls doing funny things. Those who don't like this will say the anime is bad and will drop it.

Flying Witch is not MOE and based by the first episode it is not the kind of anime i would suggest to someone who wants someone like Anne Happy, but i'm not saying Flying Witch is bad or anything.

Bakuon and Kuma Miko also seem different.

If you want to make a comparison, Sansha Sanyou and Pan de Peace! are the other MOEs this season. Pan de Peace! is just a 5 min anime, but the second episode was funny.
KaeUBWApr 15, 2016 10:49 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 17, 2016 12:54 AM

Aug 2012
Botan is so frail. She should be hospitalized instead of attending school.
Apr 17, 2016 4:24 AM

Aug 2013
The construction sign love affair kills me every time. I'm glad I gave this show a chance despite a low MAL score because so far it's been really enjoyable.
Apr 17, 2016 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
Their school uniform looks like the uniform from Baka To Test.
And Ruri look like Shouko too.
This is funny...make me laugh throughout the episode.
Ren and Hibeki will join the three of them huh.
Apr 18, 2016 1:28 AM

Nov 2015
These three are the weirdest friends ever, but two more will join them I guess...
Fun ep, gym class was great and even Botan trying the clubs was funny, lol she so fragile!
Apr 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Mar 2012
poor Hanako!!!

i really like it so far, very relaxing and fun to watch.
can't wait for Ren~

Apr 18, 2016 11:58 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I'm really gonna' keep up with this show. I'm likin' it.

The whole classroom happy theme is very suspicious, though. Can't get over that.

It was pretty interesting to see Hanako get items from the machine that weren't even available.

And I've totally become aware that the animes title is a play on the word Unhappy. Clever.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Apr 19, 2016 2:41 AM
Oct 2015
This show has a good and unique plot. THE OP is TOTALLY adorable!
The characters are really funny,especially the bunny(lol, this rhymes)
Apr 19, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
They sure think that construction working sign joke is super funny... ~__~
Didn't really laugh at this episode, but it was ok
end my suffering
Apr 19, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2014
hlubkoj2020 said:
Their school uniform looks like the uniform from Baka To Test.
And Ruri look like Shouko too.
This is funny...make me laugh throughout the episode.
Ren and Hibeki will join the three of them huh.

An AU where the kids from Baka to Test and Anne Happy go to the same school and the only way to have better luck in battles is to do better on tests (or even on a certain subject perhaps?)
end my suffering
Apr 21, 2016 3:59 AM
Mar 2012
2D husbando backstory, guess it's trying to (not) make fun of otaku waifus.
Hibari's hair so colorful, purple shades & hints of blue & cyan.
Lol Robo Timothy, mix of CG & hand drawn.
An has such unlucky powers. Four leaf clover mystery!
Kiznaiver still best OP, but this OP maybe more addictive.
Apr 22, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Botan in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weZosGF-xvM

The effects in this show remind me so much of Baka to Test. I really miss it :/

I also empathize with Hibari on her love of sign post/character. During college on the 6th/7th floor you could make out a certain "Stop" sign when you stand by the railings. Whenever I feel depressed I go to the there and debate on suicide. And every single time I would see that Stop sign. That sign saved my life countless times. I would have asked out the Stop sign myself but was discouraged whenever I read "Stop". Nevertheless we maintain a very close albeit awkward relationship over the years.
Apr 24, 2016 7:07 AM

Jul 2009
An have no lucky with animals and she love them so much! LOL
Apr 24, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Weirdest husbando/kink ever lmao. I somewhat enjoyed it, but it really isn't up to par with the other moe shows this season tbh. Love that ED animation xP

I think I like that Hibiki girl lol, if Uchida Maaya voiced her it would be perfect.
Apr 25, 2016 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
It's a good thing that Ruri is always worried for the well-being of Anne & Botan!
such a nice and healing CGDCT SoL show!
4/5.

Apr 26, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2015
Funny episode and that bunny is the best

May 6, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
they did a good job on the 3D cgi... really like Timothy design...
Jun 28, 2016 12:55 AM

Mar 2015
Another funny episode but I'm not sure I care too much about Timothy-kun.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 11, 2016 4:46 AM

May 2012
Cute development, let's see what happens next!
Nov 29, 2016 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
So much moe and I'm really feeling happy about watching this show.

Kinda having a shit couple of weeks, so having something like this is so nice.
Jan 14, 2018 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
Poor Anne, she only wanted to pet the animals.

Also, who falls in love with construction signs? haha
Jun 19, 2019 11:20 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I'm so confused.

Is she actually in love with a sign board...?
Apr 19, 2020 2:30 AM

Aug 2018
Ah, we're getting short names for their problems.. Alright..
Well, on the one hand, I guess it's sweet that Hibari's friends are taking her love seriously.. On the other hand, it still is a silly thing.. But to think on it, many people believe in questionable things.. If not every person have some strange views or beliefs in something.. In the end, maybe.. She can enjoy thing she likes as long as it doesn't get in the way of her life, I guess?.. I don't know.. It's still very strange to enjoy a sign.. And I'd be alright, if she just was this kind of person.. Some air headed or something.. But now it's just illogical, really.. On the other hand, there are serious people who enjoy cute things in the world, or sensible weebs, who still have very serious dedication to waifus, and I can understand and respect them.. I still try to respect Hibari.. But I personally wouldn't be able to support her in sign loving.. For me it's just too strange, really.. Even if understandable, with comparing to other strange things people do or believe in.. Yeah.. I guess I don't really have to have position to begin with.. If she was my friend I'd just probably say that you can do whatever you wanna, love this sign as well, if you wanna, but I can't support you, and can't talk with you about this topic.. If wanna - we can talk on many other topics, though.. That's which position personally I would take, probably..
Oct 14, 2020 4:56 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime is really doing into absurd/random comedy haha, so many wtf moments like the robot rabbit or being in love with a sign
Mar 15, 2021 4:50 AM

Feb 2020
Hibari's cringe love interest is partially ruining this show.

Botan's body is hilariously fragile.

Timothy is a hilarious addition to the show.

SerafosNov 23, 2023 11:58 PM
Aug 13, 2022 12:31 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Quite cute. One of the girls has a breakable body (could probably be fixed with surgery), one has general misfortune but she's so optimistic she doesn't seem to realize it, maybe that's what causing her to have misfortune idk, and the third just likes a fictional character. How that is misfortune idk. Don't most of us at some point like a fictional character we never have a chance with??
Feb 22, 2023 6:21 AM

Mar 2012
Ok, now I think that they are going a bit overboard with Hibari liking the construction sign, that's kinda cringe.
Mar 7, 2023 3:07 PM

Feb 2022
dunno why but the cat chasing part made me chuckle a lot, well done
new...robot? seems kinna sus to me
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anne Happy♪ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

87 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Anne Happy♪ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

88 by ambrosii »»
Mar 27, 2023 1:31 PM

Poll: » Anne Happy♪ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

72 by Netbug »»
Mar 19, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Anne Happy♪ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

71 by degenerate-2002 »»
Mar 8, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Anne Happy♪ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

91 by degenerate-2002 »»
Mar 7, 2023 3:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.