Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2016 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
Bubuki Buranki makes more sense than this shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2016 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
I wouldn't call 7.04 for Macross Delta exactly low. And I never said, the characters are bland, I only spoke about Kennosuke. Okay, Yukina is useful, but I didn't say she isn't. And if someone likes her, great, she just ticks me off.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 16, 2016 3:42 PM
Dec 2014
This show is good so far. The animation is great. I liked the main characters, the voice acting is really good. P.A Works is doing a good job at making the characters feel alive.
Apr 16, 2016 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
This show is just getting better with every episode. It is so well-balanced with a bit of something for everyone. Some character driven family moments, awesome action mecha battles, some fun comedy and sassy characters, and even some cute SoL moments. The pacing is just spot on, the characters are interesting and believable imo, the music is great, I love this show so far!

If it manages to maintain this kind of quality until the end, easily AotS for me.
Apr 17, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
The only thing that i found weird was the fact that the alien mechas had samurai swords too, could of been a bit more creative on this aspect.

Otherwise I'm really digging this series. Too bad mechas are unpopular while stupid shit like fan service flourishes and gets over rated.
Apr 17, 2016 4:49 PM

Mar 2008
Pretty solid so far. Seems like they are working to have a nice sense of balance in terms of the character moments and the action.

Agree that it's a shame that mecha shows are pretty underrated.
MagicalMahou said:
At least be serious with your complaints. Bubuki Buranki never made any darn sense at any point in the show.
Apr 17, 2016 5:12 PM

Oct 2008
ED was great! same artist who performed Dagashi Kashi ED! MICHI.
well that was a fast episode...felt line 10 mins anime...didn't noticed it was finished!
loved the samurai kyojin mech battle!
but what the FARG!? the Oni mech just did a Negation from BLEACH! Aizen/Gin/Tousen IYKWIM...
5/5.

Apr 17, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
FlareKnight said:

MagicalMahou said:
At least be serious with your complaints. Bubuki Buranki never made any darn sense at any point in the show.

In Bubuki, the big bad guy mechas are unmanned monsters that fell from "Treasure Island" and are a threat to humanity thanks to their hostile nature and destructive power.

In this series... literally nothing about them is explained. They haven't killed anyone, show no signs of threat and have pretty bleak origins. So why the fuck should I worry about the characters or the state of humankind in this series when I don't know shit about these huge-ass "supposed bad guy" mechs?

They could have at least made these guys LOOK like a threat by drawing in smoke and playing "I SAY CRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIAAAAAAHHH!" in the background.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2016 8:51 PM
Dec 2011
No wonder why i start feeling some audiences are getting more and more no sense in recent years.

Asking need to know everything about a show that only aired first 2 episodes, what a genius.
Apr 18, 2016 5:10 AM
Mar 2012
It's ALIENS!!! With Katanas. And mechs.
Yukina still cute bumbling into restricted areas, holding a plant overhead.
She quite lively, good contrast to the angry samurai, and most dark mcs in usual mech series. Acted like a whiny noob for awhile, but proved perceptive and helpful as a radar support. Seems the bouncing light & stab in her neck might be info sharing (when she said "now i understand"), it's quite like Valrave. Extra point if the stab registers her as the only pilot allowed in support seat.
So original Hime died as the support pilot, possibly Yukina's ancestor. Oh she's got an imouto I think.
OP quite nice, tho lyrics are too edgy. Nice osts, great choreography fights. Too much mech running tho. Yellow mech shows some intelligence & stealth tactics, besides op shield. MC's swords seem to poison cuts. Nice detail where enemy limbs detach & stick onto the sword.
Mech designs aren't my type, but they do make up with good animation.
Cube transformers confirmed!
2 trains wrecked, and it's not a trainwreck yet.
Apr 18, 2016 2:18 PM
Apr 2016
I appreacite how the invaders are not mindlessly destroying the culture and population around them. Obviously there are people inside the big one robots (yellow one, e.g.), while small and big red are autonomous.
Re:formed
Apr 18, 2016 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
gg saving this sh!!t with there memes.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 18, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2009
Thankfully, this was much better than the first episode.
Apr 19, 2016 3:10 AM
Apr 2016
Wow you took your time... and threw it into the trashbin. That is why people hate people watching japanese animation.
Re:formed
Apr 19, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode imo. i'm enjoying it from when he started to make a ruckus, grabbed the girl, cube suddenly appeared, rode the cube with the girl, and that cube became one with the mech, from that point, i was enjoying this episode so much. the action looks really good too imo. samurai action with mechs...that is a rare view to me. the interaction between the girl and the guy was somewhat funny to me too xD and the soundtrack was fit well with the action :D

now i'm curious about that "demon" mech. in the end, the mech went back to his own ship, and i'm very curious what's inside of it, whether humans or "aliens" live inside of that ship. really curious about that, but obvious not a demon.
The opening was pretty good imo :D

looking foward for the next episode :D
YizelTroApr 19, 2016 2:38 PM
Apr 20, 2016 12:22 AM
Mar 2012
Polanski666 said:
gophercg said:
It's ALIENS!!! With Katanas. And mechs.
Yukina still cute bumbling into restricted areas, holding a plant overhead.
She quite lively, good contrast to the angry samurai, and most dark mcs in usual mech series. Acted like a whiny noob for awhile, but proved perceptive and helpful as a radar support. Seems the bouncing light & stab in her neck might be info sharing (when she said "now i understand"), it's quite like Valrave. Extra point if the stab registers her as the only pilot allowed in support seat.
So original Hime died as the support pilot, possibly Yukina's ancestor. Oh she's got an imouto I think.
OP quite nice, tho lyrics are too edgy. Nice osts, great choreography fights. Too much mech running tho. Yellow mech shows some intelligence & stealth tactics, besides op shield. MC's swords seem to poison cuts. Nice detail where enemy limbs detach & stick onto the sword.
Mech designs aren't my type, but they do make up with good animation.
Cube transformers confirmed!
2 trains wrecked, and it's not a trainwreck yet.

You probably haven't seen many mecha shows lately.

Yukina is an retarded moeblob genki girl like most main mecha heroines in recent years. Also, Yukina screaming "Ehhhhhh?!!" every 3 minutes is giving me a bad memory of Touko from Glasslip.

2013~2010

Which recent mechs do you refer to? I'm still looking for mech ptw. I haven't watched most gundams, & breakblade btw.

Agreed on Yukina whining & random chats during battle. Though I'm on the fence, since she got thrown in like fish out of water, so she might improve later. Most mechs I've seen are male pilots. The few other female pilots like hime in G no Reconguista (tries hard but can never aim & consistently useless), Hoshino from GBF/try (not the best but a gar leader who self improves), Turbine girls from Gundam orphans (not mains but pretty skilled from start).
Apr 20, 2016 4:10 AM
Mar 2012
Polanski666 said:
gophercg said:
Which recent mechs do you refer to? I'm still looking for mech ptw. I haven't watched most gundams, & breakblade btw.

Agreed on Yukina whining & random chats during battle. Though I'm on the fence, since she got thrown in like fish out of water, so she might improve later. Most mechs I've seen are male pilots. The few other female pilots like hime in G no Reconguista (tries hard but can never aim & consistently useless), Hoshino from GBF/try (not the best but a gar leader who self improves), Turbine girls from Gundam orphans (not mains but pretty skilled from start).

Yukina isn't a pilot, she acts as the Wizard/navigator of the Mecha like Shizuno and Ryouko from Zegapain (Link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/878/Zegapain).
Shophie (blonde girl) who's our other heroine is a talented pilot and serves as the GAUS Unit 2's pilot.

Rinne no Lagrange, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Code Geass, Cross Ange, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Muv-Luv Franchise, Buddy Complex, Soukyuu no Fafner have competent, skilled and useful female pilots.

Zegapain's nice, movie recap coming soon.
I didn't say Yukina's a pilot, just not sure what her role is, some radar operator, support, copilot etc.
Oops, in my previous response, images are blocked so couldn't see. Don't know what you mean by "You probably haven't seen many mecha shows lately." I've seen 11/12 shows in the image (break blade ptw, Argevollen dropped halfway). In the next list, some very nice mechs. Haven't seen Lagrange, dropped CA. Some have more seasons I'd like to finish.

Would you recommend Lagrange? It seemed like a slow sol so I haven't tried it. Is breakblade movie or tv better? I read those comparison threads but it wasn't clear which is more complete.

If I recall, Kudelia, Asshime, Jamie, & Shouko were not pilot/copilot. Sasame's quite a unique form of "copilot", but many viewers seem to dislike her blandness. I like how gar & competent the female fighters in Schwarzesmarken are, Lise, Anett (sort of), & Katia.

Since there's not many non long franchise mechs, I'll add these older ones, Rideback, Soukou no Strain & Gunbuster the girl is both the main protagonist & pilot. First 2 are slower paced & more introspective, but still worth it. Vandread & Date a Live are a bit odd, being harem centric, but still has level headed pilots like Meia.
Apr 20, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
Convincing enough this episode, the technical and graphical quality is not in doubt, the PA Works is working well, the characters for now, do not stand still in originality. The opening is not bad, the ending a little less. The CG is fluid and mechanical design while not driving me crazy is not so bad to see.
Apr 20, 2016 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
I laughed so hard at seeing Sygin in that picture. Calling her a moeblob, when she is older than the other characters, is ridiculous.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2015
The OP is nice.

I liked the action and this episode is better than the previous one imo

Apr 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2015
I have not much to comment.
The OP is ok, the ED is ok.

The plot does not seem to be deep or complicated so far. Just mecha wars with aliens and lots of tech. Easy to digest action. Not necessarily bad.

Yukina as a character is like "Meh". I think she's just there so sit and look pretty.
Ouma may be a promising character but not that much. Hell, even less if you see the outfit they will make him wear...
Apr 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Nov 2015
Wow, the robot animations were awesome.
So Yukina's dad was right about the demon thing. Their pairing is nice and they are most compatible in battle too.
I really want to know Ouma's backstory now. The mecha battle was awesome too!
Apr 22, 2016 1:28 AM

Jul 2015
I have never enjoyed a mecha fight this much that was great !
Apr 22, 2016 10:04 AM
Feb 2009
Logic, we need common sense and logic, just keep a hold of the last of it. ah too late, it's out the window.
Apr 22, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
The characters are really interesting, great episode
Apr 22, 2016 1:17 PM

Sep 2014
The OP was decent. Overall I didn't understand most of the episode because the subs were kinda weird. But the fight scenes and ost are pretty nice.
Apr 24, 2016 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
The animation quality might not be the best, but the action is pretty intense. It's not often you see a mech using those kind of moves.
Apr 30, 2016 6:37 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, this was way better than I thought it would be.

Dat OST tho
May 1, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Xenocrisi said:
Dat OST tho

Now that you do this, I still have to focus to hear the soundtrack well, my bad. ^^"
May 14, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2013
Looks enjoyable, but in some places that CG is killing me :/
Beautiful backgrounds, beautiful characters, but scenes in full 3D are unbearable.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 19, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2009
Really liked this episode. The Samurai mechas are really awesome, and the fighting scenes are super great. I'm looking forward to know more about Kennosuke and his story with the Princess.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Jul 1, 2016 12:31 AM

Jan 2012
Still lame story, still great backgrounds.
And really malicious songs
Jul 6, 2016 2:04 AM

Oct 2014
This one started out strong but the action had no steaks. Still good overall
Jan 8, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2015
I find Yukina quite cute actually!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2008
Yukina needs to stop saying ewwwww! she has an annoying kind of voice really.

Anyway. This episode was better mostly because it was all exciting action. From prison escape to watching the army trying to stop that thing(btw the shells were nicely depicted) to the final mech battle and escape we constantly had things going on.
This means that although this episode felt nice it may go back to bland the moment things settle down if the story isn't something intriguing and with the script being as the first episode at more peaceful moments.
My problem is still the characters they feel mediocre and seen before and not very likable. Her friend was the only likeable person but she's some b character that is there to watch Yukina and say her name every time she fights with the mech along with that dude.
It will be nice if she gets some role instead of just typical anime stuff where she talks to people about how Yukina is gonna save them and they should believe in Yukina and all that because right now that is where i see her going.
Mar 27, 2017 4:01 PM
Jun 2013
what a shock the princess looks just like our lead. The fights are actually done pretty well. Still havent got the characters. I like the op and ending them.
Dec 21, 2017 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
Man, the samurai almost got Jesus Mecha.

This is very good
Mar 18, 2018 4:28 PM
Mar 2018
could someone be so kind as to tell me the name of the music playing by the end of this episode? really love it
Apr 8, 2018 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
That's the hime.
Hime was taken? Hime is dead?
Mika asks Yukina if she's alive and Yukina responds with Yeah, I am. You?
Oh snap! Kennousuke got kaasan.
The cube. It transformed.
He said the name of the show. Roll credits!
Dat train got lucky.
Its getting beamed up.
Hime is dead.
Dat spaceship.

Nice ED song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 8, 2018 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
That's a big ass thing in the space, didn't NASA see that? Also the pilots are not in a doggy position as opposed to what I thought back in episode 1 but the whole mecha thing is still a lot like Darling in the Franxx although, I might like this better. I'm hoping the romance is not forced, definitely more comedy, and better characters and all that.
Jan 30, 2020 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aliens, huh? How come no one sees them up there?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.